AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-20, 21:32   Link #1101
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
Was that ever officially said? Everyone keeps saying that, and, personally, It's getting a bit annoying, no offense or anything
That. It. What.

I just stated the facts: Kadokawa has referred to it as a "rebroadcast" from the beginning, and the 14 new episodes WERE broadcast in between the 14 old ones.

It's not a true "second season" because it's not even a continuation... the new episodes merely fill in the gaps. It'd be better to refer to it as "Haruhi 2009" or the "new season".
Old 2009-12-20, 21:51   Link #1102
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
That. It. What.

I just stated the facts: Kadokawa has referred to it as a "rebroadcast" from the beginning, and the 14 new episodes WERE broadcast in between the 14 old ones.

It's not a true "second season" because it's not even a continuation... the new episodes merely fill in the gaps. It'd be better to refer to it as "Haruhi 2009" or the "new season".
Ooh okay I was just wondering, thanks.
EDIT: Whyy must I not understand Japanese?
If only I could translate those untranslated songs...

Last edited by AmyElizzabeth; 2009-12-21 at 16:41.
Old 2009-12-22, 09:27   Link #1103
User89254
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Ooh okay I was just wondering, thanks.
EDIT: Whyy must I not understand Japanese?
If only I could translate those untranslated songs...
I'm in Japan right now! Yay~

...I just found a hard copy of the nine novels, as well as the DVDs for Endless Eight and the character CDs. Except in real life.
Old 2009-12-22, 11:11   Link #1104
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsterSelene View Post
I'm in Japan right now! Yay~

...I just found a hard copy of the nine novels, as well as the DVDs for Endless Eight and the character CDs. Except in real life.
Ooh, luckyy.
I've always wanted to go there, but considering I fail epicly at Japanese I can't really go...
I've always wondering what the actual novels looked like..
Old 2009-12-22, 20:53   Link #1105
User89254
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Ooh, luckyy.
I've always wanted to go there, but considering I fail epicly at Japanese I can't really go...
I've always wondering what the actual novels looked like..
They're really small, about three inches by three inches and in thickness about the thickness of a general thumb. Also, it's read right-to-left and up-down.

I talked to a Japanese girl and apparently while most people enjoy the character songs, they're also seen as marketing tactics. Apparently even this girl, who was a hardcore fan enough to sit through Endless Eight, wasn't aware that there were new character songs.
Old 2009-12-22, 23:17   Link #1106
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
They're really small, about three inches by three inches and in thickness about the thickness of a general thumb. Also, it's read right-to-left and up-down.
Eh? Amazon.jp lists it as 5.9 × 4.3 × 0.6 inches. That's smaller than the US hardback version, but not by much (8.3 × 5.6 × 0.9 inches) - I actually think the Yen Press versions are a bit oversized, at least in the paperback.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4044292019/
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0316039012/

(Also, I'm not at all surprised about viewing the character singles as part of a marketing campaign - I honestly have never thought otherwise of such things, though I appreciate them and usually enjoy them for the series I get them for.)
Old 2009-12-23, 20:45   Link #1107
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
They're really small, about three inches by three inches and in thickness about the thickness of a general thumb.
I echo keri's sentiment. I saw them when I was in Japan last year, and they were nowhere near that small. Most light novels are A6 in size, which puts them at around 4.13in x 5.83in. Did you see them in a general-purpose bookstore or one focused on otaku-interests?
Old 2009-12-24, 01:18   Link #1108
Jill-Jênn
Music-mad Haruhiist

Sorry, I didn't read the whole topic (understandable), and I heard that the second season OST was available as a bonus in the limited edition of the second season DVDs. Is this true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
There is one song I know for a fact they both share: The tune that Haruhi "hums" in the second episode of Sigh is the same song as the invincibility theme from the original Super Mario Land.
Where, precisely, please?
Old 2009-12-24, 07:32   Link #1109
Midori Sakura

Quote:
Spoiler for senzaiteki taiyou no shoumei kanji lyrics: Someone please translate..:
I tried my best to translate the song! Keyword: tried. I'm still a beginner at the Japanese language, but I did all I could to produce an accurate English translation.

I'm not even sure if this has been translated already, but if it hasn't, I'll post mine. Anyone, please, do feel free to correct/change my version to your liking.

Spoiler for Senzaiteki no Taiyou no Shoumei English Translation:
Old 2009-12-24, 07:41   Link #1110
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill-Jênn View Post
Sorry, I didn't read the whole topic (understandable), and I heard that the second season OST was available as a bonus in the limited edition of the second season DVDs. Is this true?
The Background music is available in the limited edition special disc of every Japanese DVD release. With the DVDs released in 2006-2007, they were tracks combined with part of the radio broadcasts from the online radio. With the current DVDs being released, they are in a video format with still pictures from the episodes as well as some background information about the music being displayed. They are also coupled with a couple of pieces involving Taniguchi's seijuu on the current DVDs. So far the only chance to purchase any BGM that is not coupled with the limited edition DVDs is coming next month when the Vanishment OST is released on January 27th for 3300 yen on a two disc set. Hope this answers your question.
Old 2009-12-24, 07:50   Link #1111
TMSIDR
Haruhi's Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
I echo keri's sentiment. I saw them when I was in Japan last year, and they were nowhere near that small. Most light novels are A6 in size, which puts them at around 4.13in x 5.83in. Did you see them in a general-purpose bookstore or one focused on otaku-interests?
I made some comparison shots of the 1st light novel on my (German) website:

http://www.sos-brigade.de/wordpress/?p=3358

@ultimatemegax
These videos are in PCM 2.0, so that they have at least the same quality as a CD. I plan to rip them and create my own OST when I find the time^^.
Old 2009-12-24, 07:54   Link #1112
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSIDR View Post
@ultimatemegax
These videos are in PCM 2.0, so that they have at least the same quality as a CD. I plan to rip them and create my own OST when I find the time^^.
They have a really good sound quality when ripped is what I've found. I'm only using these as a portable way to listen to the OST, so not sharing, but Kousaki-san did a wonderful job with the music so far and I hope some of the variations are on the final DVD. (I can't wait until Monday when I get it as a late Christmas present)

Also, apologies for not putting this in the earlier post, but the cover for the Vanishment OST has been released:
Old 2009-12-24, 11:30   Link #1113
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midori Sakura View Post
I tried my best to translate the song! Keyword: tried. I'm still a beginner at the Japanese language, but I did all I could to produce an accurate English translation.

I'm not even sure if this has been translated already, but if it hasn't, I'll post mine. Anyone, please, do feel free to correct/change my version to your liking.

awww... and here i was trying to translate it on my own. but hey, yours is way better than mine would probably be. so, i thank you too. ^^
Old 2009-12-24, 12:03   Link #1114
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Oh, wow! Talk about adorable! I can't wait for the OST, I love background music.
Let's see if It can top Uminekos

Quote:
Ooh~Thanks! You did a good job!
Old 2009-12-24, 22:53   Link #1115
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill-Jênn View Post
Where, precisely, please?
When the Brigade is going to board the train. It's the song associated with the can-can, so it's pretty hard to miss it if you know what that sounds like.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-12-25, 04:57   Link #1116
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Since I cannot go back to sleep this morning and it's too early to open presents at my house, I will open a present for you guys (OST titles).

Spoiler:

There's some preliminary information about the title of the theme song, but I'm going to wait until I can get some better confirmation on it. Minori-san recorded the song this week, so there may be some validity for this information. An interesting fact is that Tanigawa actually wrote the lyrics to the song.
Old 2009-12-25, 15:32   Link #1117
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Everything in your post is awesome, from the news of TWO bookended Itsumo remixes (yaaay), a track titled "je te veux", and the fact that Tanigawa wrote the theme song.

I'm so fucking psyched for this.
Old 2009-12-25, 15:40   Link #1118
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Je Te Veux? I'm sensing Kyon x Yuki here...Ahh, I don't mind the couple, but...
Yay for track listing
I'm pretty sure #12 is going to play with that certain Haruhi scene
Old 2009-12-25, 16:17   Link #1119
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Je Te Veux is actually this song, it seems.
Old 2009-12-25, 16:56   Link #1120
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Je Te Veux is actually this song, it seems.
...Really?
Closed Thread