AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-23, 22:11   Link #961
TigerII
Pilot in Training

No, I am saying most mangas are aimed for younger readers, but the same could be said for most anime and novels. Does not mean I will not watch them. I watch Death Note next to Lucky Star, Darker Than Black next to Seto no Hanayome.

If it is good, I will watch it, no matter what age it is targeting.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 22:15   Link #962
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Saw Ayano's ep 6 rampage...all in all thats how she fights if she can focus the rage she will be a bit less...umm...raging/chaotic 0-o

Kazuma is a bad ass character type whos deeper than most I really have not gotten a"feel" for him yet I like the show but for me its missing something to be "great".

I saw Shakugan no Shana and loved it from the first min,I guess a iffy opening can throw me off that or summer has "already" fried my brain...that or I prefer "lite" shuonen stuff like Kekkaishi more I love the opening and ending prefect fit for the show.

Props to all the fan subers that do better work than most domestic corporations!
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 22:22   Link #963
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
No, I am saying most mangas are aimed for younger readers, but the same could be said for most anime and novels. Does not mean I will not watch them. I watch Death Note next to Lucky Star, Darker Than Black next to Seto no Hanayome.

If it is good, I will watch it, no matter what age it is targeting.
meh they wape "to us TV anime" in the states for young viewers they also are rather heavy handed with manga translations even those that are not "kiddie" between the censors and americanizers I have pretty much given up wasting my money on "domestic" stuff, and since I am stupid (cant read Japanese) I dun import much.

All in all for games and anime I spend money on the stuff thats worth while to me..and I am one fickle SOB.

Oh for the day they put Jp audio tracks in with the En tracks in games so I can skip the lame poor attempts at dubbing...altho MGS and FF12 are not so badly dubed...still tho 1% or less of games seem to have solid En voice work....
Old 2007-05-23, 22:29   Link #964
usagijen

Well, I do plan on reading the novel side by side the airing of each episode... so the comparison I make somewhat becomes a 'narrative' form of what really happens in the novel... but of course I can't help but skip on some other stuff because I don't have all the time in the world to go about deciphering all of it to the nitty gritty stuff >< (and also because my japanese is not really really good that I can read the novel in one 'sitting' - TONS of times I look up the dictionary... can't survive without it) =___=

rest assured that I'll keep a keen eye on "juicy stuff" in the novel, and report about it in my blog (as I read it each week :P)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KisaraCrystal View Post
Aww, that stink but I guess I could wait until it come out, I can't wait to see Ayano face when Kazuma hug her, I think he did it to transfer his wind power into her Enraiha or something like that, or he just wanted to hug her who know but I can't wait to see it.

haha! wanna see a pic of Kazuma hugging Ayano? and I mean, HUGGING her... LOL

(saw it in the 3rd volume of the short story novel... and just read that part... lol... just tell me if anyone wants to be 'spoiled' )... Kazuma's feelings for Ayano is still 'vague' at this point in the anime, but still... I can't help but be amused by this pairing <3
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 22:38   Link #965
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
Well, I do plan on reading the novel side by side the airing of each episode... so the comparison I make somewhat becomes a 'narrative' form of what really happens in the novel... but of course I can't help but skip on some other stuff because I don't have all the time in the world to go about deciphering all of it to the nitty gritty stuff >< (and also because my japanese is not really really good that I can read the novel in one 'sitting' - TONS of times I look up the dictionary... can't survive without it) =___=

rest assured that I'll keep a keen eye on "juicy stuff" in the novel, and report about it in my blog (as I read it each week :P)

(saw it in the 3rd volume of the short story novel... and just read that part... lol... just tell me if anyone wants to be 'spoiled' )... Kazuma's feelings for Ayano is still 'vague' at this point in the anime, but still... I can't help but be amused by this pairing <3
Don't do it all the time pair a hyper/rageing person with a clam and cool one?
its a bit cliche but works well ^^
Old 2007-05-23, 22:58   Link #966
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post

Spoiler for just in case:

@TigerII:
We basically agree, lol. Even though my reason for watching/reading anime/manga is purely for mindless entertainment, as very few series have any kind of other redeeming features. So in that sense, it's good if it doesn't bore me. Even so, I wasn't arguing against them in the first place.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 23:06   Link #967
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Eh, I don't think they will end up together in the end. This has one of those, one will die type feelings, and I am guessing it will be Kazume.
Old 2007-05-23, 23:08   Link #968
lightbringer
M9000

I wouldn't put it past Gonzo to screw up the ending... but if they
Spoiler for novels:
Old 2007-05-23, 23:11   Link #969
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Eh, I don't think they will end up together in the end. This has one of those, one will die type feelings, and I am guessing it will be Kazume.
I can see it now they meet after 5 or 8 years and Ayano has become a sword wlieding version of Margery Daw(hard drinking simi battle freak) .....LOL

be afraid LOL
Old 2007-05-23, 23:17   Link #970
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Spoiler for novels:
Death to feelings maybe?
thats how I read it LOL
Old 2007-05-23, 23:54   Link #971
lightbringer
M9000

So, here's the rundown.
Spoiler for episode 7:
Old 2007-05-24, 00:28   Link #972
usagijen

Quote:
Spoiler for novels:
yeah... this series is not that 'dark' =P
GONZO will get even more flamed than they already are now if they do that! (screwing up the ending of more animes >P)
If I knew that would happen, I don't think I'll be watching this show anymore... hehehehe XD

Quote:
Spoiler for just in case:
I'm thinking the events in volume 3 of the novel happens after the first 6 volumes already... that's why it seems more 'advanced' (I have yet to clear up this entire 'timeline' with regards to the main novels and the short stories).

I don't have the picture of the 'hug' with me right now... I'll upload it later once I get back home

Spoiler for the hug:
Old 2007-05-24, 00:32   Link #973
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well here's what I thought about this episode.
Spoiler for Episode7:

Well guess that's enough. Just my thoughts on the episode. Thought it was a really good one.
Old 2007-05-24, 00:46   Link #974
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Are the main story line novels down? And how many total novels are there now?
Old 2007-05-24, 00:57   Link #975
metronome
Mad Loli

somehow the graphic quality is going down
metronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 01:10   Link #976
KKensei
Lost Member

Heh, yeah...it was all good...until the last 10 mins or so :'(
KKensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 01:32   Link #977
metronome
Mad Loli

may be gonzo is starting to run out of money since they are animating three series at one time:P(bokurano, romeojuliet, and kaze no stigma)
metronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 02:28   Link #978
usagijen

Quote:
Are the main story line novels down? And how many total novels are there now?
the main arc isn't really finished yet... and the last volume (volume 6) released was way back 2005 >_< (from what I've seen, volume 6 doesn't really end in a cliffhanger... there are just some things left unresolved (though I have yet to know how 'open' ended it was))

the short stories on the other hand (Kaze no Stigma Ignition), currently has 3 volumes (with a 4th volume coming out this june)... and there are two upcoming RPG novels as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by metronome View Post
may be gonzo is starting to run out of money since they are animating three series at one time:P(bokurano, romeojuliet, and kaze no stigma)
it's more like... they decided to spend almost all their budget on Bokurano and RxJ, then alloted a puny bit of the budget for KnS TT___TT

we should demand a remake! by Kyo-Ani, or J.C.Staff! sigh... >.>;;;

I can tolerate the poor animation quality... but it just doesn't do this series justice... >.>

Last edited by usagijen; 2007-05-24 at 02:42.
Old 2007-05-24, 03:28   Link #979
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Spoiler for name:

Yes.

Spoiler for novel:

thanks for the info
just wondering who is
Spoiler:
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 05:01   Link #980
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 7 was fun in a lot of ways
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen