AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-03-12, 15:03   Link #801
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir View Post
hopefully by playing around you mean making babies.
lol Making babies IMO if that's happen, it will be the end of the series,I mean END no other series or else

But I kinda hope they will meet Athena and have some brawl with Hayate as the prize.Personally I didn't like the idea of Hayate ended with Nagi,but very favor Athena instead.

Nagi is no match for Athena in many ways.Look at this chart

Athena:
-Own Hayate in past to help
-Take his first kiss before any girl
-Teach him Butler and Sword fighter Skill
-Forging his body with magic
-Sleep with him,even tough it's just sleep,and not "Sleep"
-Give him a ring,that his God*%*d parent's sell for some cash
-Hayate gave her a ring that Hayate acquire with so many effort
-Hayate kiss her (after some sword par exercise)
-The first girl gave him permission to call her by a pet name (A-Tan)
-Hayate love her,even after 10 years

Nagi:
-If A-Tan didn't save Hayate,she will never help him and then be his Ojou-sama
-Never kiss Hayate,just Barely (after Crazy Nun dungeon arc)
-Just Spoiled him,never teach anything
-Just have a little friend with Poor Controlling Magic which Incredibly always lost
-Sleep with him just because she so scare after watch R-18 Horror movies DVD
-Give him Cellphone that later destroyed in a cafe by an Armed Robber
-Hayate give her a hairpin with his payment
-Never been kissed by Hayate (and I think will never receive any)
-Always called "Ojousama"
-Hayate look at her as a Little Kid

please correct me if I'm wrong

Nagi will need a BIG help from her friends to beat A-Tan,like:
Hinagiku for Sword skill (A-Tan is Undefeatable even for Hayate)
Maria for doing House chores skill (A-Tan taught Hayate Butler Skill, remember?)
Isumi for Magic skill
Mikado Sanzenin for Money

Hayate!just kick that spoiled brat and return to your 1st Mistress already!even her Grandfather wants to make you suffer (by give you a cursed Pendulum) and make you their family's enemy target.

surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 00:43   Link #802
Used Can

Why should Nagi defeat Athena?

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
-Hayate love her,even after 10 years
That's debatable, as we really have no idea how he feels about her. Additionally, he's shown some serious interest in Maria. If he'd still be interested in restoring his relationship with Athena, he wouldn't be trying to have something with Maria, would he?

Quote:
-Hayate look at her as a Little Kid
Why should their relationship be any different?
Old 2009-03-15, 07:54   Link #803
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Why should Nagi defeat Athena?
I mean in their relationship quality

Quote:
That's debatable, as we really have no idea how he feels about her. Additionally, he's shown some serious interest in Maria*. If he'd still be interested in restoring his relationship with Athena, he wouldn't be trying to have something** with Maria, would he?
He saw her before in the royal Garden,in God's Eye,Magical tool which only can display image of the person that ones know (Athena know Maria /chapter 181 page 9)

I not so sure about this one,cause I don't remember such any action from Hayate to Maria,which chapter it is?,which arc?

May be because she make him remember his past with A-Tan?,or pure attractiveness towards her since he already in that age

If their Mistress-Butler relationship can be better,why not?,just like A-Tan and Hayate....owww LOVE everywhere
Old 2009-03-15, 12:39   Link #804
anselfir
Style Über Alles

yes, let us introduce a character after n years and jack the main theme away from the developed characters.
Old 2009-03-15, 18:24   Link #805
Used Can

Quote:
I mean in their relationship quality
And why should Nagi become Athena 2.0 for her relationship with Hayate to go forward? Additionally, why would Hata want to change the relationship they have?

Quote:
He saw her before in the royal Garden,in God's Eye,Magical tool which only can display image of the person that ones know (Athena know Maria /chapter 181 page 9)
I've got to ask how is that related to what I've said.

Quote:
I not so sure about this one,cause I don't remember such any action from Hayate to Maria, which chapter it is?,which arc?
Check the first chapters, when Hayate and Maria had a game of pool (or was it billiard?). Hayate requested that if he won, he could have Maria (or something like that). There's also been some awkward tension between them in some chapters (more than with any other girl, at the very least).

Quote:
May be because she make him remember his past with A-Tan?,or pure attractiveness towards her since he already in that age
How? Maria and Athena share almost no similarities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir View Post
yes, let us introduce a character after n years and jack the main theme away from the developed characters.
Hmm... I don't think A-tan's introduction was a bad idea. (Hell, her story is the only piece of plot we've had in ages - and, in my opinion, it's the best plot we've had in this story so far.) Also, in respect to the developed characters, whilst we've seen them grown attached to him, we haven't seem much from Hayate (in the romantic department, that is). Additionally, Athena's arc helped a lot to expand on Hayate's character.
Old 2009-03-16, 02:03   Link #806
anselfir
Style Über Alles

it is fine as a step stone, nevertheless it seems to be half parody of the mysterious girl/childhood friend trope. taking it as a serious storytelling point is rather incomprehensible, in the sense that the dominant theme is hayate's romantic interests and if a is to assume the main role then the foregoing chapters are turned into backdrops to this abrupt tangent.
Old 2009-03-16, 15:06   Link #807
surerman
Banned

Quote:
And why should Nagi become Athena 2.0 for her relationship with Hayate to go forward? Additionally, why would Hata want to change the relationship they have?
Because I wish HATA improve storyline so it not too boring like Ah!my Goddess or Narutard or Bleach (sorry for the fans of the series,just my 2cent )

Quote:
Check the first chapters, when Hayate and Maria had a game of pool (or was it billiard?). Hayate requested that if he won, he could have Maria (or something like that). There's also been some awkward tension between them in some chapters (more than with any other girl, at the very least).
Billiard it is,but his demand is for Maria to forgive him for the coat that he accidentally damage in order to save izumi from the pond and after brawl with some thug that involved Isumi's SP squad.

Quote:
How? Maria and Athena share almost no similarities.
Yes they are ,they have no parents,mysteriously clever,and beautiful like no other girls

Quote:
Hmm... I don't think A-tan's introduction was a bad idea. (Hell, her story is the only piece of plot we've had in ages - and, in my opinion, it's the best plot we've had in this story so far.) Also, in respect to the developed characters, whilst we've seen them grown attached to him, we haven't seem much from Hayate (in the romantic department, that is). Additionally, Athena's arc helped a lot to expand on Hayate's character.
I agree with that,especially the bold one
Old 2009-03-16, 18:06   Link #808
Fandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
No news of popularity poll yet. And for recent chapters, Hayate and the girls are just playing around.
What kind game are they playing?
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 10:57   Link #809
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Chapter 216 is out. And it's funny as hell (plus some plot?)

Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-17, 13:20   Link #810
surerman
Banned

Hey!wait a minute!
isn't that ...
Spoiler for ...:
Old 2009-03-18, 05:20   Link #811
Used Can

Spoiler:

Quote:
Because I wish HATA improve storyline so it not too boring like Ah!my Goddess or Narutard or Bleach (sorry for the fans of the series,just my 2cent )
I do not see how would that improve the storyline. Additionally, Hayate's and Nagi's relationship has been clear for quite some time already (I'm not saying there are no chances Hata won't change it, but it has worked well so far, and there's no need for him to change it.) Also, you cannot really compare this manga to the ones you've just mentioned.

Quote:
Billiard it is,but his demand is for Maria to forgive him for the coat that he accidentally damage in order to save izumi from the pond and after brawl with some thug that involved Isumi's SP squad.
Reread the chapter, and look at Hayate's expression when Maria says the whole thing about the loser having to do what the winner wants, and also his expression after he won. He wasn't asking for forgiveness for the coat at all.

Quote:
Yes they are ,they have no parents,mysteriously clever,and beautiful like no other girls
Those are shallow comparisons. I can also say Athena is like Nagi because she's blonde, rich and has no parents. I can also say she's like Isumi because she uses magic. I can compare her to Hinagiku as well, as Athena seems like a leader and she's good at swordsmanship. I think there are other characters I can compare Athena with, but I'm sleepy and I think I've made my point clear.
Old 2009-03-18, 12:27   Link #812
aldw

All things considered I do like the idea of Athena getting Hayate, the story-telling lulz would be worth the effort.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 13:01   Link #813
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for royal garden:

Quote:
I do not see how would that improve the storyline. Additionally, Hayate's and Nagi's relationship has been clear for quite some time already (I'm not saying there are no chances Hata won't change it, but it has worked well so far, and there's no need for him to change it.) Also, you cannot really compare this manga to the ones you've just mentioned.
It can,well.. you can't see it if it never done.
Quote:
Reread the chapter, and look at Hayate's expression when Maria says the whole thing about the loser having to do what the winner wants, and also his expression after he won. He wasn't asking for forgiveness for the coat at all.
I Re-read it, still stuck with my opinion before,may be I'll try Re-read twice tomorrow
Spoiler:

Quote:
Those are shallow comparisons. I can also say Athena is like Nagi because she's blonde, rich and has no parents. I can also say she's like Isumi because she uses magic. I can compare her to Hinagiku as well, as Athena seems like a leader and she's good at swordsmanship. I think there are other characters I can compare Athena with, but I'm sleepy and I think I've made my point clear.
All that girls didn't have all qualities I mentioned in them self,just one or two,unlike A-Tan,she have all of it.
*Yawn*
Let's sleep and continued this tomorrow...oh!may be next week,because I will go on some trip,well...HAPPY HOLIDAY to ALL
Old 2009-03-18, 15:52   Link #814
Used Can

Quote:
Spoiler for royal garden:
I know about the Royal Garden. I was just wondering what exactly that place may be. Who built it? Where is it located? What about all the mysteries surrounding it?

Spoiler:

I was wondering about things like these.

Quote:
It can,well.. you can't see it if it never done.
I'm not denying that possibility. My point was it is not necessary for their relationship to change. Additionally, it is not necessary for Nagi, or any of the other girls, to become Athena 2.0 to win Hayate's heart.

Quote:
I Re-read it, still stuck with my opinion before,may be I'll try Re-read twice tomorrow
Spoiler:
Perhaps my mind is rotten, because I think it is quite clear what Hayate wanted as his prize.

Quote:
All that girls didn't have all qualities I mentioned in them self,just one or two,unlike A-Tan,she have all of it.
That has got nothing to do with the point I made. Are you even following our discussion? Sometimes I make a point, and you reply with something almost completely unrelated.

You said Athena and Maria were similar. Then I told you they share close to no similarities. Then you stated some similarities, which I told you I considered to be shallow, and then I proceed to compare Athena with the other girls, in the same fashion in which you compared her to Maria.

Athena may share some aspects with the other girls, but in terms of personality, she is different. In fact, all the girls thus far, in terms of personality, are quite different.
Old 2009-03-18, 20:46   Link #815
Fandal

Spoiler:
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 23:01   Link #816
9taileddemon

Sheesh. Things are getting crazy in some of the latest chapters of Hayate. I am loving this manga more and more with each chapter. Just wish that it was translated and understandable.

We have a carving of what seems to be the Royal Garden. We have some stuff about those cursed stones. Hayate getting to see another girl full frontal. Craziness with Nagi, Hayate, Hina, Nishizawa, and the idiot trio. Now Isumi is added to the mix.

The funny thing is that Maria seems to be getting very little time in the spot light. I wonder why. Maybe she will get some more later.

But damn. How many girls has Hayate now seen full frontal? Seen Nagi in the bath. Nishizawa in latest chapter. Saw Hinagiku without top on in anime OVA. (YES!) Saw Maria nude in like the third chapter. And has seen Izumi changing.

Is he really that unlucky? Or does his luck just manifest in different ways?
9taileddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 00:53   Link #817
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9taileddemon View Post
The funny thing is that Maria seems to be getting very little time in the spot light..
That's nothing odd. It's always been like that. Maria has always been more of an observer, who gets some exposure from time to time.

Honestly, I believe Maria is just there to be the girl you want to get, but that you cannot have.
Old 2009-03-22, 02:52   Link #818
enragedjacquescouste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for 216:

Spoiler for 215:
enragedjacquescouste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 08:39   Link #819
primuler
Love For 3D

Spoiler for @9taileddemon:

Spoiler:

And good news: We'll have results for popularity poll next week. Hata mentioned this in his blog, so you guys can rely on this info.

Last edited by primuler; 2009-03-22 at 09:20.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 09:11   Link #820
anselfir
Style Über Alles

sensibility would deny this powerful fancy of mine, but no matter. say what if maria turned out to be a time traveling double of the destined end (and titular character, h*n*g*k*, as this sequence is also prominently featured in the title of the work: hayate no gotoko)

i imagine making this reality into tangible fiction requires a good amount of pages, and is thus a worthy endeavor. that i do not even know how it would work makes the scenario powerfully creative

Tags
comedy, shounen