4 out of 10 : Poor 3 0.91%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.91%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.61%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 4.27%
Voters: 328. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-07-03, 22:30   Link #1021
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It is the Britannian government who helped framed Euphie; they did it because they wanted to. And they could clear her name anytime they wanted to too. Cornelia isn't so stupid as to think something as empty as a "promise" would work in Britannian High Society.
Frame Euphie? She went up there and ordered the massacre, it was all on Youtube there's no denying it.

She literally betrayed both the Britannians and Japanese in this.

That and Geass is known to only a very few select so it was the only path for the britannian administration to take. Euphie betrayed them so they executed her (which ironically was carried out by a britannian prince).

There's no way they can clear the name unless Zero comes out and confirms it.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 22:42   Link #1022
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Frame Euphie? She went up there and ordered the massacre, it was all on Youtube there's no denying it.

She literally betrayed both the Britannians and Japanese in this.

That and Geass is known to only a very few select so it was the only path for the britannian administration to take. Euphie betrayed them so they executed her (which ironically was carried out by a britannian prince).

There's no way they can clear the name unless Zero comes out and confirms it.
Britannia controls the media. And since the truth is related to Geass, Cornelia would need to fight those who want to keep Geass a secret. Threatening Zero at gunpoint or anything else wouldn't do any good unless the Britannan government stop lying.
Old 2008-07-03, 22:57   Link #1023
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Britannia controls the media. And since the truth is related to Geass, Cornelia would need to fight those who want to keep Geass a secret. Threatening Zero at gunpoint or anything else wouldn't do any good unless the Britannan government stop lying.
Didn't do any good for Jeremiah when Zero revealed he killed Clovis.

Okay so then does Lelouch want to keep Geass a secret as well?

And if she exposes Geass and states that it was Geass that made Euphie go Rambo, then Zero is the next step isn't it cause there's sure hell as no way that can't be ignored and forgiven that easily.
Old 2008-07-03, 23:44   Link #1024
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by keriko View Post
I wonder if Cornelia now realizes what happened with Darlton....that geass was behinnd it, just another reason for her to go all anti-geass. This would be a good reason for her, suzaku and Jeremiah to team up. Jeremiah has a deep and abiding hatred for zero just like suzaku.....they both want to destroy geass like cornelia....that geass canceller would come in handy should they fight against zero....not to mention the three of them have been geassed before so if oran...er jeremiah cancels their geass..well let's just say zero is in alot of trouble
as i was reading your post another idea just popped up, as we know now the Geass Canceler can remove the effects of a geass on a person but can the Geass Canceler also be used to permanently disable a Geass user like Lelouch? sure C.C is nearby but the Deus Ex Machina seems to have a knack of coming at the worst possible time "heh"
Old 2008-07-04, 00:47   Link #1025
AdvocatesConspirator

i'm sure this has been covered, but i'd rather not search through this entire thread for it.

What does SP stand for in this episode?
AdvocatesConspirator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 00:50   Link #1026
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvocatesConspirator View Post
i'm sure this has been covered, but i'd rather not search through this entire thread for it.

What does SP stand for in this episode?
Security Police
Old 2008-07-04, 01:07   Link #1027
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:

And if she exposes Geass and states that it was Geass that made Euphie go Rambo, then Zero is the next step isn't it cause there's sure hell as no way that can't be ignored and forgiven that easily.
As I pointed out, you are getting ahead of yourself; Revealing Geass to the public is such a major act that Zero is the last of Cornelia's worries. Any attempt to expose secrets which could jeopardise Charles's plan to "slay gods" would mean the all mighty Emperor might open a can of whoop-ass on her.

Cornelia would not be able to reveal anything via the media without government consent. And to get that consent, she would have to use violent means; I don't see Cornelia begging for anything.
Old 2008-07-04, 02:14   Link #1028
FuzzyWuzzy

The anime isn't going to be so deep in politics that the government can control the media. Brittania doesn't control the whole world. If any of the countries gets some info about geass then they will try to acquire it.

We really don't know the path Cornelia is going to take yet. She was just recently re-introduced to this anime. She didn't even have a lot of time. Maybe less than a minute of screen time. We don't know what path she is going to take.

Maybe she will try to get some kind of geass on her own. The scientists in the facility also discovered something big and it is certainly now connected to Cornelia. She may have to do something about it. We don't really know anything or how she is going to proceed. Maybe next episode, she will be back in Japan like nothing has happened. She will try to assemble some knights or try to kill Zero. Who knows.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 02:23   Link #1029
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
The anime isn't going to be so deep in politics that the government can control the media. Brittania doesn't control the whole world. If any of the countries gets some info about geass then they will try to acquire it.

We really don't know the path Cornelia is going to take yet. She was just recently re-introduced to this anime. She didn't even have a lot of time. Maybe less than a minute of screen time. We don't know what path she is going to take.

Maybe she will try to get some kind of geass on her own. The scientists in the facility also discovered something big and it is certainly now connected to Cornelia. She may have to do something about it. We don't really know anything or how she is going to proceed. Maybe next episode, she will be back in Japan like nothing has happened. She will try to assemble some knights or try to kill Zero. Who knows.
Cornelia isn't going to use Media outside Britannia; they wouldn't trust her unless she is in league with them, which does not seem to be the direction she is going here.

And telling other governments about Geass wouldn't make it public; the government concerned will keep it a secret for themselves too.
Old 2008-07-04, 04:46   Link #1030
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:

He proved on live TV he had the ability to do what he said though. Abducting someone on live TV, in front of a crowd and from a large contingent of tropps does tend to make things more believable. Plus they all thought orange was in cahoots with him.

The Euphie incident.

Do you really think any Japanese would ever believe anything a Britannian said ever again. Even more so the sister of the massacre princess. They'd think it was the bigggest pile of BS.

Even with proof people would still say it was staged or the people involved were complict in the deception. In an age such as today picture or video evience doesn't really mean much, it cpuld easily be fake or altered.

Plus as mentioned if concrete proof exsisted the goverments would keep it for themselves for there own advantage.

Unless Zero admits it freely, she has little or no chance of proving Euphie's innocence.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 13:13   Link #1031
FuzzyWuzzy

They wouldn't give her a goal if she has no chance of achieving it.
Like I said, this is an anime. Things are a lot simpler.... you guys are making it too complicated.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 13:25   Link #1032
cool_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
If it was him, then this certainly is surprising. Maybe she will end up being the one if things go well with what happened. Or Lelouch gets rejected.
Yeah it was him.. and that really was surprising. I don't know what that meant.. He likes her? I loved what Shirley did later.. she will make him love her
cool_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 15:56   Link #1033
neqael
World Destruction Commit.

Anyone has any ideas why Orange-kun is using his Geass Canceller all over the city? After all as I understand the whole Ashford Academy was geassed by the Emperor to think that Lelouch has a brother. So there is a huge probability that Orange's power will affect them and they will remember Nunnally. Isn't that too much of a risk?
neqael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 16:03   Link #1034
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by neqael View Post
Anyone has any ideas why Orange-kun is using his Geass Canceller all over the city? After all as I understand the whole Ashford Academy was geassed by the Emperor to think that Lelouch has a brother. So there is a huge probability that Orange's power will affect them and they will remember Nunnally. Isn't that too much of a risk?
Only five students of the Academy had their memories altered: Lelouch, Shirley, Millay, Rivalz, and Nina. The rest of the students returned to Britannia after the Black Rebellion, as did the teachers. As for Jeremiah... I don't know. Likely disrupting any holds Lelouch has over anyone else, thus presumably putting Lelouch at a disadvantage.

I wonder if Jeremiah still goes batshit crazy whenever Orange is mentioned.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 16:04   Link #1035
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by neqael View Post
After all as I understand the whole Ashford Academy was geassed by the Emperor to think that Lelouch has a brother. So there is a huge probability that Orange's power will affect them and they will remember Nunnally. Isn't that too much of a risk?
Well, as such, only the Student council remains of the original students, so only they would know if they were un-geassed. As for why they do it, they might think it's worth it to set events in motion, sorta.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 16:32   Link #1036
neqael
World Destruction Commit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Only five students of the Academy had their memories altered: Lelouch, Shirley, Millay, Rivalz, and Nina. The rest of the students returned to Britannia after the Black Rebellion, as did the teachers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Well, as such, only the Student council remains of the original students, so only they would know if they were un-geassed.
Ah, I must've overlook the part when it was mentioned. Now everything makes a bit more sense since the odds are in Britannia's favor. I guess if it's only 5 people they can easily track them and make sure their new memories stay intact. I wonder if someone can be geassed by Lelouch again after having his previous one cancelled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I wonder if Jeremiah still goes batshit crazy whenever Orange is mentioned.
Yeah, I hope to see him go out of control one more time.
neqael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 17:01   Link #1037
Dyllani

Quote:
Cornelia is not the type to take the Emperor at his word. Charles don't make promises; he either do what he wants or do nothing.

It is the Britannian government who helped framed Euphie; they did it because they wanted to. And they could clear her name anytime they wanted to too. Cornelia isn't so stupid as to think something as empty as a "promise" would work in Britannian High Society.
Only cetain select group of people within Britannia seem to know about Geass (this does not seem to include any of Charles' children, or his Nights of Round, minus Suzku). Inside that group, I'm sure there are only a select few who are aware that Zero, himself, posseses a Geass (Charles, V.V. Suzaku, maybe a few others), let alone that he used it on Eupie. In theory, Charles could have cleared Euphie's name, tell the world about the amazing power of Geass, give them proof. The Numbers surely wouldn't believe it, they would simply believe Britannia was framing Zero or trying to excuse Euphie's action. The Britannian people would accept the story, in public, though I'm sure 90% of them wouldn't believe it either (some of them would probably praise the princess in secret for killing the vermen).

As for the government framing Euphie... she did order the massacre of hundreds of thousands of unarmed Honorary Britaninas & Elevens, after making nation wide decreee to grant them freedom, in a sense. If anything, the goevernment claimed responsibility for Euphemia's "execution", as a way to reasure the Numbers that Britannia did not condone or support her actions. I also have to wonder how many people actually believe that Britannia executed Euphemia. Nina seemed to know the truth the whole time, Nunnally was quite aware that Zero killed Clovis & Euphemia. Nicely edited fottage form the massacre is online, via Diethard. We also know the the Brits are not to speak of the incident. Everyone probably knows or suspects that it was Zero who killed the princess, they just keep their mouths shut.

I agree, about Cornelia. She's on a mission to clear her sister's name, if she doesn't get the answers she wants, she's not falling in line. How far she will go to attain the truth, I don't know. I can't see Charles letting her become to problamatic. He certainly won't allow her to expose Geass. Cornelia? She isn't stupid. I can't see her charging into the throne room demanding answers. I'm interested to see what she does next. Truth or not, clearing Eupie's name will not be easy (I'm not sure the world will believe the truth)...
Dyllani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 17:11   Link #1038
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Unless Zero admits it freely, she has little or no chance of proving Euphie's innocence.
Isn't that I what I said? Zero's the final step to clearing Euphie's name though VCV has a point but I guess we'll see.
Old 2008-07-04, 17:46   Link #1039
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Security Police
This should help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_Police_(Japan)

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 08:19   Link #1040
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
it should
but it doesnt
no page on wiki