AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-13, 11:04   Link #81
Qilin
Romanticist

Well, damn. Now here's another surprise curve ball for this season.

I really don't know what make of this. After being beaten oven the head with the sort of ridiculous drama you'd find in Narutaru, I only then realized that this was going to be a comedy series. The transition between that depressing prologue and that saccharine OP was incredibly awkward. This certainly isn't your average 4-koma in any case.

Aside from that, the set up seems fairly typical, so let's just wait and see.
Old 2013-01-13, 15:01   Link #82
Solafighter
Hige

The first expression of this series is very positive. For some reason, the first music track about her past blew my mind. For an anime series, this track is well made.

Spoiler for episode 1:

The story seems to be promising.
Manabe is totally nuts. It's rare, that I like the male friend from the protagonist.
Old 2013-01-13, 15:22   Link #83
-Necromancer-
Otaku

To be honest out of all the animes ive seen out so far ( for 2013 ) this is by far the best and is really interesting and intriguing. Cant wait for the next episode.
-Necromancer- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 15:55   Link #84
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

God, I’d really love to have a girl-friend who is understanding of male’s desire like Kotoura.

Btw, if Kotoura can see Manabe’s dirty thought, does that mean she also saw her parents’ dirty thoughts too when they...umm...you know...”desire each other” or when they were having affair? Won’t that be a traumatic experience for a child to see that kinda thing?
Old 2013-01-13, 19:14   Link #85
Itlandm
Porcupine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Btw, if Kotoura can see Manabe’s dirty thought, does that mean she also saw her parents’ dirty thoughts too when they...umm...you know...”desire each other” or when they were having affair? Won’t that be a traumatic experience for a child to see that kinda thing?
She probably thought it was normal, since she was able to read thoughts from when she was little. Historically it is only recently that most children grow up without seeing their parents make love. It probably stopped more because of parents' embarrassment than any concern for the children.

And while I am not sure what exactly the range of Kotoura's telepathy is, I am pretty sure she must have listened in on a lot of ecchi imagination already, whether at school or in crowded places such as shops and public transportation.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 19:40   Link #86
garbage

^ yeah I think she's more or less desensitized by it through experience, her issue with manabe though is because she was the OBJECT of the ECHI thought
Old 2013-01-13, 19:44   Link #87
Theo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
She probably thought it was normal, since she was able to read thoughts from when she was little. Historically it is only recently that most children grow up without seeing their parents make love. It probably stopped more because of parents' embarrassment than any concern for the children.

And while I am not sure what exactly the range of Kotoura's telepathy is, I am pretty sure she must have listened in on a lot of ecchi imagination already, whether at school or in crowded places such as shops and public transportation.
I definitely fear they won't go in-depth to the ESP's nuances and powers or fill in some gaps from her past, considering the amount of fan discussion it's generated so far, but who knows?
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 20:07   Link #88
hero147

Not a fan of the art style and character design. But I thought it had a very nice start. I got strong Elfen Lied and One Piece vibes from the cat scene, which I also thought was unnecessary to include, other than just dragging out the depressing start.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 20:53   Link #89
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I think reading her parents' dirty thoughts came first before she is old enough to go outside her house and reading other people's dirty thoughts.

But yeah, I agree with you. As a child, she probably think sex as normal since she's not actually surprised and make a big deal out of it when she figured out that each of her parents is having an affair (aka. have sex with others).
Old 2013-01-14, 03:15   Link #90
Raiga
tl;dr

Holy cow what did I just watch and why is this thread not on the front page.

This could end up being good or bad depending on what direction later episodes take, but episode one totally blew me out of the water. Not at all what I was expecting from this show, and as overblown as the drama seemed, somehow I was fully emotionally invested by the end.

If it can keep up the heartwarming, I'm in.
Old 2013-01-14, 03:32   Link #91
Sphire

Quote:
Hopefully they do go into more depth about her telepathy. Like if she can actually see the thoughts or just hear thoughts as if spoken normally. Sounds like the latter, with those ecchi images just there for the audience.

She's even heard her parents 'thinking' about other people. That must've been somewhat perverted too.
Old 2013-01-14, 03:37   Link #92
TimeSkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
But yeah, I agree with you. As a child, she probably think sex as normal since she's not actually surprised and make a big deal out of it when she figured out that each of her parents is having an affair (aka. have sex with others).
hold your horses, I'm not sure about her parents having affairs. People can go to hotel for other things like restaurant, exhibition, or meeting.

Actually, I don't think her mother had an affair. We saw her after the father left and she looked miserable.

Maybe each of her parents didn't even have an affair, but when Kotoura said such thing her parents lost trust to each other, and started having affairs.
TimeSkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 03:47   Link #93
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post
Hopefully they do go into more depth about her telepathy. Like if she can actually see the thoughts or just hear thoughts as if spoken normally. Sounds like the latter, with those ecchi images just there for the audience.
Actually, if you watch the scene where Kotoura was about to sit next to spacing-out Manabe, she’s kinda surprised when she saw the image of Manabe’s weird imagination. That kinda prove that she’s not only able to hear, but also see what’s in other people’s head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeSkip View Post
hold your horses, I'm not sure about her parents having affairs. People can go to hotel for other things like restaurant, exhibition, or meeting.

Actually, I don't think her mother had an affair. We saw her after the father left and she looked miserable.

Maybe each of her parents didn't even have an affair, but when Kotoura said such thing her parents lost trust to each other, and started having affairs.
It's heavily implied that they're having affair though (given how this show simplified many things). So, don't blame me for interpreting it like that XD.

Also, being miserable is not really an indication of whether a person having an affair or not.
Old 2013-01-14, 04:11   Link #94
Mubyoshi

Didn't expect such a dark beginning for this anime, i felt sorry for her. But then when they showed the main guy's thoughts, i just busted out laughing, it reminded me of how peter's and homer's brain works. Good thing I didn't skip over this one like i did many others this season.
Mubyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 08:00   Link #95
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Those 10 minutes of pure despair were so melodramatic and depressing that it actually worked on me. Yup, definitely the best new premiere of the season (excluding Chihayafuru) and it might go on to be the best for this season (though that doesn't hold much weight since there isn't a lot of competition. The second half was part hilarious and part heartwarming which is something I really like.

From something I initially dismissed, Kotoura-san is now on my top to-watch list for this season! I love being surprised and this is definitely a SURPRISE.
Old 2013-01-14, 13:34   Link #96
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

When someone said that this started out as a heavy drama, they weren't kidding. It was simply heart-wrenching to see Haruka being treated as some sort of freak, and seeing her become increasingly isolated from everyone and everything was even worse.

Then came the second half, which was utterly hilarious and heartwarming. Good to see she found someone who accepted her for what she is, and didn't turn his back on her. I'm sure things will start getting better for her now.
Old 2013-01-14, 15:12   Link #97
bastek66

It's getting first good fanarts
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 15:44   Link #98
Miraluka
Banned

The guy somehow is becoming popular on some blogs .
Spoiler for Pure heart boy???:
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 16:35   Link #99
Solafighter
Hige

^I must say, that I respect this guy, showing his emotions freely on youtube. Some reactions are exaggerated but his face, when he sees Manabe's dream is priceless.

This first part of this anime sure kicks some honest emotions in almost everyone. Plus this well composed music, one must shed some tears.
Old 2013-01-14, 16:37   Link #100
Miraluka
Banned

Too bad the are haters posting already =___=.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4-koma, drama, romantic comedy, school life, seinen, slice of life, supernatural, tragedy