AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-23, 15:54   Link #201
Xion Valkyrie

I think all of the Named BAM's are significantly more dangerous than their non-named counterpart. Like that named Naga one, if you get stomped you die, because his stomp hits for like 3000+, then he debuffs you so you move like a snail, and he will follow up with a ranged wind cutter thing which hits for 4000+.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 16:25   Link #202
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Anyways, the one thing I'm kind of puzzled about is the death penalty. This game probably has one of the most ridiculous death penalties I've seen. Losing a random crystal is pretty big, especially when you start using the more expensive ones.

I'd much rather take a exp loss.
You don't always lose a crystal when you die. I died about five times trying to solo the boss Kumas in C Hills and not once did I lose a crystal, and I had six crystals slotted total.

XP loss was done before when games required that you grouped in order to get any real semblance of experience points. In a game where you can solo grind XP it's not a real deterrent to dying.

You get good gear in WoW or SWTOR, and you die a few times and your repair bill becomes outrageous. The possibility of losing a crystal in Tera is actually a pretty mild penalty for dying--especially since you can take out the crystals you use for endgame content if you're going to do something that gives you a high chance of getting killed (soloing bosses or what have you).
Old 2012-04-23, 16:27   Link #203
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
You don't always lose a crystal when you die. I died about five times trying to solo the boss Kumas in C Hills and not once did I lose a crystal, and I had six crystals slotted total.

XP loss was done before when games required that you grouped in order to get any real semblance of experience points. In a game where you can solo grind XP it's not a real deterrent to dying.

You get good gear in WoW or SWTOR, and you die a few times and your repair bill becomes outrageous. The possibility of losing a crystal in Tera is actually a pretty mild penalty for dying--especially since you can take out the crystals you use for endgame content if you're going to do something that gives you a high chance of getting killed (soloing bosses or what have you).
When did you play WoW last Syn. because my last bill was in 100g >.>
Old 2012-04-23, 17:58   Link #204
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

During the BC raids. My warlock and priest both had full BT gear and had big huge repair bills.
Old 2012-04-23, 18:46   Link #205
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:

Okay, it looks like you only have a 100% chance to lose crystals when you die to Boss type monsters, which I died quite a few times to (The named Naga BAM).
Old 2012-04-23, 18:59   Link #206
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Hey I didn't know they were that dangerous

Where have you been? You could've be 32 by now had you logged on . In fact, you should log in right now so we could do SM. There are other guildies online who I tried to get to SM but without a priest it would be a suicide.
Yeaaaaaaah. Sorry there

I don't usually stay up past a little over midnight, and so the back to back 3AM/5AM sessions were a bit much. Other than waking up to go to class, I've pretty much been asleep the whole day >_<;

EDIT: 2 or so more hours and then a while week

I don't know if anyone watches these, but I really liked the flying route scenery. This is my first subscription MMO so this kind of stuff is all new to me.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Okay, it looks like you only have a 100% chance to lose crystals when you die to Boss type monsters, which I died quite a few times to (The named Naga BAM).
Kumas are BAMs.

Last edited by Mow Yun; 2012-04-23 at 23:53. Reason: Resized image
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 03:08   Link #207
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Darn, I wish I wasn't out of town when the Open Beta started. I was only able to play for five hours today, but I was completely hooked. I tried other MMORPG in the past, and not once did they manage to make an impression. Ah, I can't wait until the 28th. ;_;
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 03:35   Link #208
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Oh well . See you on headstart then Mow. Getting to 32 is super easy from there. Few sm's and few quests and bam.
Old 2012-04-24, 03:39   Link #209
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I only died five times during the OBT, since I spent a majority of the time gathering materials for crafting. I managed to get Alchemy to 150 before I ran out of time and I didn't get to play Monday at all due to school.

Out of the five deaths I had, only two caused broken crystals. One death was on the golem boss in the Bastion of Lok instanced area and the other was while attempting to solo a fibralisk in the Cliffs of Insanity (it didn't end well).

I need to do something about HP regeneration or my solo Cthulhu-punching career will be over before it began.

Parked my ass in Poporia awaiting the headstart on Saturday. This game is seriously addictive in a good way, not the stressful way WoW and even SWTOR post-50 was. I'm super excited that my guild has a strong interest in the other endgame--controlling the server economy and the Vanarch political system. Makes me a happy potion-brewer.
Old 2012-04-24, 03:45   Link #210
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
The lolis were a bit too much for me, I felt like pedo bear from the moment I created one.
Wait, you are aware they were censored too? Imagine if you created one without the censorship they added
Speaking of censorship, it seems like they removed blood in the Europe version of the game due to PEGI, rather amusing how the people who said "deal with it" over the Elin censorship are now buttmad over that.
Old 2012-04-24, 03:49   Link #211
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

So I totally missed out on this open beta, not like I have enough room on my HDD (right now) for it anyway.

Just a question: are the pre-order bonuses worth it?
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 03:53   Link #212
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany View Post
Wait, you are aware they were censored too? Imagine if you created one without the censorship they added
Speaking of censorship, it seems like they removed blood in the Europe version of the game due to PEGI, rather amusing how the people who said "deal with it" over the Elin censorship are now buttmad over that.
I uncensored my game by applying the original Korean files. I don't see what the big deal was over. Instead of obviously 'shopped short-shorts, they have panties, and in some outfits they have a bare midriff. Ooh, so scandalous. I don't quite understand America's crazy puritanical bent. In a lot of mythology, various fey and supernatural beings wore nothing at all... I don't see why elin are any different from the sprites and dryads and youkai-like beings they are very obviously based upon.

Really, it's ridiculous. Strike Witches was more explicit than the uncensored elin. The camera in Tera doesn't go out of its way to provide gratuitous crotch-shots.

Edit: Since I first played Mass Effect I stopped capitalizing the names of fictional non-human races... why should they be capitalized when "human" never is?
Old 2012-04-24, 04:21   Link #213
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
I'm in Aust, and I'm not blocked...

*twiddle thumbs while waiting for restart*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I don't think Aus has ever been blocked from accessing NA servers in any MMO...
Wait? I thought Australia is still belonged to SEA (in telecommunication, or at least MMOPG sense), as many online games from NA server blocked us here? Well i did played both Aion and War Hammer, but only because they specifically mentioned an Aus server.

Well, didn't build any hype over TERA, so not really eager for it anyway. Will lurk around this thread from time to see people feedback and whether i should checked it out... maybe sometime in the future. Currently in getting a bit into jrpg, probably for the 1st time since Pokemon back in grade school. Didn't even played any of the whole FF franchise
Old 2012-04-24, 04:31   Link #214
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
I uncensored my game by applying the original Korean files. I don't see what the big deal was over. Instead of obviously 'shopped short-shorts, they have panties, and in some outfits they have a bare midriff. Ooh, so scandalous. I don't quite understand America's crazy puritanical bent. In a lot of mythology, various fey and supernatural beings wore nothing at all... I don't see why elin are any different from the sprites and dryads and youkai-like beings they are very obviously based upon.

Really, it's ridiculous. Strike Witches was more explicit than the uncensored elin. The camera in Tera doesn't go out of its way to provide gratuitous crotch-shots.

Edit: Since I first played Mass Effect I stopped capitalizing the names of fictional non-human races... why should they be capitalized when "human" never is?
Yeh I did the same too, I must say the censorship is kinda hilarous and bad (apparently they fucked up dying ). As for the Strike Witches thing, the girls in SW look much older than Elins to be honest, so it's not really comparable
Old 2012-04-24, 04:49   Link #215
Xion Valkyrie

Well, the only time I died and didn't lose crystal was to the Basilik. Died something like 4 times to the named Naga BAM and lost a crystal every single time. Died once to a torpid Kuma and lost a crystal, and once to that level 25 lizard BAM in Poporia and lost a crystal too.
Old 2012-04-24, 07:15   Link #216
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Ok so I far what I have seen looks good, really good. In the graphics department this game has no equal, which brings me to a little "problem" I detected, why does this game make women look like complete sluts? XD

I mean, sure, AION, WoW, guild wars and all other games do this. But this game is on the level Bayoneta sluttiness. This is not a real problem for me, as the view is very "pleasing" from all angles, but it gets kinda hard to focus on the game itself

The lolis were a bit too much for me, I felt like pedo bear from the moment I created one.

The movement and combat mechanics are a little hard to get used to, but i can see the game's potential for great combat and immersion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany View Post
Yeh I did the same too, I must say the censorship is kinda hilarous and bad (apparently they fucked up dying ). As for the Strike Witches thing, the girls in SW look much older than Elins to be honest, so it's not really comparable
Haha, yeah.. all the females are so short too, I thought the Elin would be noticably shorter but its not much. If fact considering their proportions they seem out of place almost. I'd say Castanic's would be smaller in body size (not height). I think the Elin wouldn't be so pedo-ish if their faces weren't as... lifeless as they are. They're kind of amusing though, all spunky-cuteness.

I was thinking about trying a High Elf or something come live, but I might just stick with the Elin. (I'd love the grown up version of the Elin's though, that'd be awesome)

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Wait? I thought Australia is still belonged to SEA (in telecommunication, or at least MMOPG sense), as many online games from NA server blocked us here? Well i did played both Aion and War Hammer, but only because they specifically mentioned an Aus server.
Mm, we are labeled geographically as SEA, but for games and internet... we seem to get lumped in with the USA most of the time. I've never seen us blocked from an NA game.
Old 2012-04-24, 08:11   Link #217
Westlo
Lets be reality

Here's a page with some useful TERA tips on some stuff people may not know.

http://dulfy.net/2012/02/21/newbies-tips-tricks/

Just ignore the first tip since that has been changed. Heck I didn't know a lot of the stuff and the first time I knew about crystals breaking when dying was this thread.. I was wondering what the penalty was...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
I think the Elin wouldn't be so pedo-ish if their faces weren't as... lifeless as they are. They're kind of amusing though, all spunky-cuteness.
Yeah it's pretty much the faces.. you put some of the High Elf faces on and they would just be short gals with the thighs of goddesses!

[quote]I was thinking about trying a High Elf or something come live, but I might just stick with the Elin. (I'd love the grown up version of the Elin's though, that'd be awesome)[quote]

It would be awesome if that April Fools turned into a reality down the line. Btw don't forget to look @ the armor previews for all the races before designing. If you see a piece of armor you really like that can swing your decision. You can remodel any gear into that design too.

Quote:
Mm, we are labeled geographically as SEA, but for games and internet... we seem to get lumped in with the USA most of the time. I've never seen us blocked from an NA game.
Yep. Lets see.. I've played WoW, Guild Wars, Warhammer, RIFT, TOR and now TERA, never had an issue.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 08:29   Link #218
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

That spider boss in CH IS HARDER than most WoW raid bosses....
Old 2012-04-24, 08:31   Link #219
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

We get lumped in with NZ at times, and sometimes with the other pacific nations and fall into the Oceanic region.
Old 2012-04-24, 10:54   Link #220
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
I think I'm going to switch from Priest to Lancer and make Dragonfall my home on early start

No offense about Priest as its a fun class, but melee seems to be more intense than ranged classes. In closed beta, I liked Warrior, Lancer, and Slayer the best.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote