AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-06-19, 12:00   Link #901
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
she knows about Nunnally being his reison d"tre (love that phrase)
thats why she lashed out at him in ep 7 and told him to think of a better plan and get her back
and when he tried to kiss her reaction made it clear that she knows whats made him do it
she didnt call him a creep and ran (she knew why he was in such a tremoil)
she tried to snap him out of the funk he was in (in a way she did just that .he was about to go after her when rolo showed up)

and as far as blind loyalty goes it might apply to zero when she didnt know about his id
but even in season 1 she did have some feelings for Lelouch
she was just pissed at his way of thinking (she belived there was more to him and when she heard him make that comment about how it easier to bend over to britannia she got so angry she slaped him)

now that she knows it was just an act things might be diffrent
in fact when she slaped him in ep 7 she was clearly in pain over it
but what hurt her was how far he had fallen
Old 2008-06-20, 02:22   Link #902
Pathis87

to bad you typed it wrong
It's written raison d'être

watching: Durarara - Fairy Tail -
DO NOT copy my signatures or Avatars without my permission ! http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?u=79426
Pathis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 05:05   Link #903
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathis87 View Post

well they do say that the whole point of languge was to tell the other monkey's where the fruit was
so as long as you got my intent
Old 2008-06-20, 05:08   Link #904
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathis87 View Post
Not everyone has a French keyboard or knows the alt-combination for a circumflex accented E in lower case. I only the know the alt-combinations for a hard S (ß) and an acute accented E in lower case (é)
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 05:13   Link #905
Stretch5920

I'm a little peeved at how they haven't gone into how much Kallen knows. Ep 7 was the perfect time to go into it but we got nothing.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 06:13   Link #906
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
I'm a little peeved at how they haven't gone into how much Kallen knows. Ep 7 was the perfect time to go into it but we got nothing.
do you mean about all the shit lulu did during season 1
or about his past and nananli
Old 2008-06-20, 06:20   Link #907
Stretch5920

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
do you mean about all the shit lulu did during season 1
or about his past and nananli
about everything. We don't know what she knows. I think it's safe to say she knows he used to be a prince, but does she know about him wanting to avenge his mother? about what he did to euphie? we need to know this so her continued loyalty doesn't seem stupid.

The really dumb part is Lelouch never asked C.C how much Kallen knows. You'd think that would be a rather important issue to him.
Old 2008-06-20, 06:37   Link #908
Stargaze
Lost in the starry sky...

Quote:
about everything. We don't know what she knows. I think it's safe to say she knows he used to be a prince, but does she know about him wanting to avenge his mother? about what he did to euphie? we need to know this so her continued loyalty doesn't seem stupid.

The really dumb part is Lelouch never asked C.C how much Kallen knows. You'd think that would be a rather important issue to him.
I don't think she knows any of that. And there isn't much point in asking C.C. about it, is there? (and also, why would C.C. know?) If the issue wasn't raised in the show, then I think it is safe to say she doesn't know. Besides, what is the point of wasting time showing this? I don't see much connection of this scene with the future even if it is shown, it will merely be there and won't have much of a purpose.
Old 2008-06-20, 06:40   Link #909
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargaze View Post
I don't think she knows any of that.
If that were the case, then why she is still loyal is in serious question.
Old 2008-06-20, 06:49   Link #910
Stargaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
If that were the case, then why she is still loyal is in serious question.
Why? She knows Zero's goals and what his is aspiring to do. She doesn't need to know that he wants to avenge his mother and what he did to Euphie to be loyal to him does she? As Stretch said, she knows that he was a prince; is wanting to avenge the nation that abandoned him not enough?
Old 2008-06-20, 06:50   Link #911
Stretch5920

Quote:
I don't think she knows any of that. And there isn't much point in asking C.C. about it, is there? (and also, why would C.C. know?)
C.C and Kallen basically ran the BK while Lelouch was gone, C.C should know. Normally Lelouch would want to know exactly how much Kallen knows so he knows what he can and can't say around her and/or manipulate her better. I think it's pretty out of character for him not care.

Quote:
If the issue wasn't raised in the show, then I think it is safe to say she doesn't know. Besides, what is the point of wasting time showing this? I don't see much connection of this scene with the future even if it is shown, it will merely be there and won't have much of a purpose.
yeah you're right. It's much better to have love comedy eps than it is to flesh out one of the main characters. Especially when that character is about loyalty.
Old 2008-06-20, 06:54   Link #912
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
C.C and Kallen basically ran the BK while Lelouch was gone, C.C should know. Normally Lelouch would want to know exactly how much Kallen knows so he knows what he can and can't say around her and/or manipulate her better. I think it's pretty out of character for him not care.
Maybe he just trust her so far this season around that he doesn't see a need for maipulating her?
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 06:56   Link #913
Tokkan

Quote:
Why? She knows Zero's goals and what his is aspiring to do. She doesn't need to know that he wants to avenge his mother and what he did to Euphie to be loyal to him does she? As Stretch said, she knows that he was a prince; is wanting to avenge the nation that abandoned him not enough?
Ugh! Kallen literally broke down at the end of season 1 when she found out that Lelouch was Zero. There was also the fact that while she was present, Suzaku accused Lelouch of using his geass on Euphy to do the massacre, which Lelouch did not deny or correct, which is basically an admission of it as fact. Bottomline is, I find it hard to believe she can be as loyal as she is now if she hasn't found out anything other than the fact he was a prince between the end of season 1 and the current time frame in the series.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2008-06-20 at 07:12.
Old 2008-06-20, 07:07   Link #914
Stargaze

Quote:

yeah you're right. It's much better to have love comedy eps than it is to flesh out one of the main characters. Especially when that character is about loyalty.
I see, that may be the case. While I do agree that it is a bit OOC for him not caring since he is a character that strives for perfection. But see the thing I don't get is even if C.C. and Kallen ran the BK in Lelouch's absence, what Kallen knows shouldn't be known by C.C. unless Kallen confronts her, right? But if Kallen confronts her, I doubt she is going to get a straight answer from C.C. so shouldn't Kallen show a bit of uncertainty before and after they rescued? But since she didn't, I presumed that she didn't know.

Ah, this again I thought we had enough of these already=.= I... do agree with you that love comedy MAY have been a bit much, but that is to tone down the show a bit (while I would quite like it if turned out to be as serious as Death Note...), it may not be necessary but "some" people like those stuff... anyway, loyalty is important indeed, but why would they need to show something that has been already implied in the show? I just find it unnecessary.
Old 2008-06-20, 07:14   Link #915
Stretch5920

Quote:
I see, that may be the case. While I do agree that it is a bit OOC for him not caring since he is a character that strives for perfection. But see the thing I don't get is even if C.C. and Kallen ran the BK in Lelouch's absence, what Kallen knows shouldn't be known by C.C. unless Kallen confronts her, right? But if Kallen confronts her, I doubt she is going to get a straight answer from C.C. so shouldn't Kallen show a bit of uncertainty before and after they rescued? But since she didn't, I presumed that she didn't know.

Ah, this again I thought we had enough of these already=.= I... do agree with you that love comedy MAY have been a bit much, but that is to tone down the show a bit (while I would quite like it if turned out to be as serious as Death Note...), it may not be necessary but "some" people like those stuff... anyway, loyalty is important indeed, but why would they need to show something that has been already implied in the show? I just find it unnecessary.
read Tokkan's post. The fact that Kallen is still loyal to Lelouch after that is an issue that needs to be addressed. It's retarded to just assume that Kallen just shrugged off the the whole Euphie incident and worked with C.C to get him back without questioning anything. The only thing we do know is that Kallen was uncertain if her choice to remain loyal was hers or was she under the influence of a geass.
Old 2008-06-20, 07:17   Link #916
Stargaze

Quote:
Ugh! Kallen literally broke down at the end of season 1 when she found out that Lelouch was Zero. There was also the fact that while she was present, Suzaku accused Lelouch of using his geass on Euphy to do the massacre, which Lelouch did not deny or correct, which is basically an admission of it as fact. Bottomline is, I find it hard to believe she can be as loyal as she is now if she hasn't found out anything other than the fact he was a prince between the end of season 1 and the current time frame in the series.
Yeah, she broke down but she didn't find out that Lelouch geassed Euphy, Suzaku only said that he has been lying to Euphy and that he should have cooperated with her. Geass is not mentioned.
Old 2008-06-20, 07:21   Link #917
Tokkan

Quote:
Yeah, she broke down but she didn't find out that Lelouch geassed Euphy, Suzaku only said that he has been lying to Euphy and that he should have cooperated with her. Geass is not mentioned.
"Euphemia killed countless Japanese innocents. Why, in her name name, do yo--"
"That's such a convenient power, Geass. Hiding in the shadows while responsibility is thrown onto others."
Old 2008-06-20, 07:23   Link #918
Stargaze

Quote:
"Euphemia killed countless Japanese innocents. Why, in her name name, do yo--"
"That's such a convenient power, Geass. Hiding in the shadows while responsibility is thrown onto others."
Oh? I may have overlooked that, I'll rewatch the episode then.

(after watching)

Fair enough, if that is the case I don't have anything to say. The only argument I can come up with now is that Kallen arrived after he said that, but that is a bit too... well, lame of a explaination; too loose to cover the plot hole I guess. I suppose that this connects with her not recognising Nunnally as well?

Last edited by Stargaze; 2008-06-20 at 07:37. Reason: add on
Stargaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 07:39   Link #919
Tokkan

Quote:
I suppose that this connects with her not recognising Nunnally as well?
Except she recognised Nunnally and even tried contacting Lelouch after the inauguration of Nunnally as the new Governor-General.
Old 2008-06-20, 07:44   Link #920
Stargaze

Quote:
Except she recognised Nunnally and even tried contacting Lelouch after the inauguration of Nunnally as the new Governor-General.
Oh god... My mind is in a mess =.= it seems I'm not getting everything processed through my head... when was this?