3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-29, 14:42   Link #61
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I guess the creators want the audience to view the anime in a different perspectives especially for those who played the game
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-05-29, 15:14   Link #62
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
hell yeah! next thing they'll do is make the twins female! go kyoani! make all those smug game-version fans CRY!

muwahahhehehaha!

Old 2006-05-29, 15:20   Link #63
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Hooray, caught up

I'll give it a 10, it's an episode I was waiting for, after all those battles. It's so nice when they decide to put one of those between conflicts.

About the male characters, I'll just keep it short :
Hakuoro for President (Benawi for President, too ) Other male characters this season pale in comparison.

So many girls to pick... Hmm hmm... Oh well, I'll take all the loli-types (no need to be pure loli, just act like one or look like one ) again Oh yeah, and Eruru, too

Poor Eruru... Although, it's anime, and as we all know, being related by blood or otherwise doesn't mean anything (Nemu FTW ). Well, at least the OnKami didn't propose marriage to seal the alliance, we don't need to lose another physician Or maybe Eruru getting Oyashiro-sama vibes from heartbreak

Oh well, I wished there was another episode like that Thumbs up for this anime
Old 2006-05-29, 15:29   Link #64
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Took me quite a while to download this episode.

Let's see what we have here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon
A very nice, relaxing episode. You really do need these types of episodes to take a breather, and I felt this episode was great! It showed the transition to a new emperor and a new kingdom, with a lot of fun moments.
Totally agree. I really liked this episode, and hopefully, it wont be last relaxing one the story shows us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Also, isn't this the first time in the anime that we get to see Aruruu's fondness for honeycomb?
Yes I believe so, But I also remember reading this little bit of info quite a few times already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
I still have questions about Hakuoro's role as emperor. He doesn't appear to be cut out for the hectic life of leading a nation, and it wouldn't surprise me if he abdicated in the near future
Again I agree. I mentioned this a few times in the eps. 7 thread, and I still dont like to see Hakuoro as the emperor.

I guess that, in the end, Anime can only be Anime and putting the Hero at the center of everything is what anime does best...........

Oh wait, make that second best. Putting lesbians and lolis on almost every show is what anime ACTUALLY does best.
Old 2006-05-29, 15:30   Link #65
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E.
Oh wait, make that second best. Putting lesbians and lolis on almost every show is what anime ACTUALLY does best.
No. Hentai does that better.

but i can't wait for the next episode, fighto! fighto!
Old 2006-05-29, 15:53   Link #66
Cyz
"Show it to me"

there's a new bad guy for the next episode. this time, they have benawi and that big guy on their side. lemme see....that makes two more characters that we haven't seen that would join on their side.
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-05-29, 17:29   Link #67
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

And no mention of Hakuoro's mask by the winged guests... Too, bad. Move along, people, nothing to see here... >_>
Old 2006-05-29, 18:22   Link #68
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Kamyu ist just great!

I gave this episode 10/10 points. Kamyu ist the cutest thing ever Too bad that she had to go home
Old 2006-05-29, 19:13   Link #69
Erroll

I'm all for episodes like this one. It doesn't make if it's necessary or not. It's fun to do and it's nice to have a light episode after the heavy battle scenes. Lots of cuteness and tranquility. What's wrong with that? I died laughing when Kamyu started using shrubbery as covert camouflage.
Old 2006-05-29, 20:22   Link #70
ChainLegacy
廉頗

While this episode had little going on I definitely enjoyed it. For all his seriousness, I found it fairly amusing that Hakuoro continually left his work. I myself am wondering just when and if Hakuoro the character will be explored.
Old 2006-05-29, 22:19   Link #71
Cyz
"Show it to me"

you mean how he can't take off his mask? it's a mystery ain't it? makes you wanna watch it even more
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-05-30, 06:31   Link #72
Lost

I hate exams. Making me watch episodes late.

I disagree that this was a filler episode, okay, maybe it was, but to me it didnt seem fillerish at all; in fact, I think it was very much necessary, because not only does it (as someone said earlier) give that much needed break between fighting, but this episode has imho more character development than all the previous ones together.

Especially Eruruu, she really moved me in this episode, and made me remember that of all the characters, she is the most affected by this; seeing how the rest can go back to their village and normal way of life while she could not; also, she effectively does not have anyone to really love her or anyone to really confide in, with Tsukuru gone, and Hakuoro seeing her as imouto - its a total upheaval of her life, and she is all alone. Not bad character portrayal in this episode.

Looks like Benawi remains as samurai leader, or maybe something more (prime minister?), I'm happy. But he may be a source of conflict with Hakuoro later on. I also have to say that bgm for this episode was wonderful, at least the best so far, imo. I especially liked the theme playing during the trio's visit of the village streets. 10 from me.

I just had to include this screen cap; for some reason I found it really really funny.

Hmm, and theres also an obvious parallel between Urutorii/Kamyu and Eruruu/Aruruu. Interesting to see..

Parts I liked:

Seeing Hakuoro seated as Emperor..

Kamyu thinking she was invisible and running up the stairs when she saw Mukuru. Really, such a loli voice; reminded me of Hina. Hmm, who's her VA? Sounds really really familiar..

Kamyu trying to win Aruruu over, but Aruruu wising up every single time. She gave in to honey tho

Kamyu and Aruruu and Yozuha on Mukuruu's back and Oboro's reaction

When Kamyu said: "The girl with that big thing" Ha ha. Hmmm... ZOMG!!!!

Spoiler for Hakuoro, hakuoro, haiz..:

Overall : Refreshing episode, reaffirms my aim to continue watching this series.
Old 2006-05-30, 07:26   Link #73
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Kamyu thinking she was invisible and running up the stairs when she saw Mukuru. Really, such a loli voice; reminded me of Hina. Hmm, who's her VA? Sounds really really familiar..
Kamyu's VA is Rie KUGIMIYA (Karin / Bleach, Alphonse / FMA, Shana / Shakugan no Shana).
Old 2006-05-30, 08:57   Link #74
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost

When Kamyu said: "The girl with that big thing" Ha ha. Hmmm... ZOMG!!!!

Spoiler for Hakuoro, hakuoro, haiz..:

Overall : Refreshing episode, reaffirms my aim to continue watching this series.
You know what really make my day? That part sooner when Hakuoro said to Kamyu and Urutorii she could stay there as a guest too and she hug him happilly. At that scene, I just though Hakuoko would start to say to himself anytime "i will not have a hard-on, i will not have a...".

EDIT:
Jokes aside, i liked this episode, but i was rather disapointed by the lack of character development here. They never explained many things like in the game, like for instance...

Spoiler for Some events from the game left behind:

So much potencial for drama and character development what could spam more two or even three episodes, yet left behind. It's really a shame.

Last edited by PGilis; 2006-05-30 at 09:33.
Old 2006-05-30, 10:13   Link #75
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis
Spoiler for Some events from the game left behind:

So much potencial for drama and character development what could spam more two or even three episodes, yet left behind. It's really a shame.
They left so much out??? Seriously.. its Hmm.. hopefully they will do it in subsequent episodes, after all there are 17 or so more to go.
Old 2006-05-30, 12:23   Link #76
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Yeah. If you read the game summary for episode 08 here , you will see how much they left behind.
Old 2006-05-30, 12:48   Link #77
Cyz
"Show it to me"

so many important things missing. i guess they made the anime a rough summary of the game then
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-05-30, 19:47   Link #78
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

The only thing that bothered me about that episode was Eruruu. I felt so bad for her. She seems so depressed, not just because Tsukuru died, but also because she likes Hakuoro and he doesn't return the feelings in the same way. He thinks of her as a sister and that made me kinda mad. Is he so thick-skulled he cannot see her feelings for him?
Old 2006-05-30, 20:37   Link #79
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Hakuoro suffers the very common 'Harem Male Protagonist' Syndrom. Very smart to anything, except girls' feelings.

And because the lack of character development in this anime, we never saw how much of a great character he is.
Old 2006-05-30, 23:42   Link #80
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis
And because the lack of character development in this anime, we never saw how much of a great character he is.
You speak as if the anime is coming to a close and the chance for character development is gone. There's still plenty of episodes left, from my understanding.
Closed Thread