AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-24, 11:52   Link #121
miaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaoi_Pocky
2) The imperial government structure in Saiunkoku is also similar to the one actually seen in imperial China since the Sui dynasty.

The complete 3-ministry, 6-department system (三省六部) was as follows:
  1. 尚書省=Ministry of Governmental Affairs
    1. 吏部=Department of Civil Administration
    2. 戸部=Department of Treasury and Taxation
    3. 礼部=Department of Ceremonies
    4. 兵部=Department of Military Affairs
    5. 刑部=Department of Justice and Prosecution
    6. 工部=Department of Imperial Labour
  2. 門下省=Ministry of Senate
  3. 中書省=Ministry of Imperial Legislation

Tale of Saiunkoku uses a modified version of the above system, concatenating the Ministry of the Immortal Caves (仙洞省) to the hierarchy. Thus the system as used in Saiunkoku becomes the 4-ministry, 6-department system (四省六部).
here is the hierarchy diagram of saiunkoku's government structure. Its from the first side story. Note: BIG spoiler - it includes names of future posible characters.

Spoiler:
miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 11:33   Link #122
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

This is actually a very nice anime despite the bishie over dose
The overall animation is pretty average but i think it conveys the story well enough. With 39 episodes planned, i hope it wraps up well (or maybe a 2nd season ) unlike Juuni Kokki.

I m really happy to see Shuurei isn't the typical useless/clumsy naive heroine who spouts peace and happiness for all. It would be interesting to see how she would guide the emperor.

Kudos to Ayu and We Suck for picking up this series. I just hope that there would be enough viewers so it wont die halfway
Old 2006-05-26, 09:47   Link #123
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

It amuses me to see how many people are praising dear Shuurei just because she isn't fawning over bishounens. Saiunkoku and F.Y really calls to be compared, and with a mere two year difference between Miaka and Shuurei... well, it goes without saying. Youko from Junni Kokki will always remain the top of the list, but Shuurei's very close.

Also, about Shuuei and Kouyuu... :x They're always together, which isn't strange, I suppose, but...

Spoiler:
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 11:34   Link #124
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis
It amuses me to see how many people are praising dear Shuurei just because she isn't fawning over bishounens. Saiunkoku and F.Y really calls to be compared, and with a mere two year difference between Miaka and Shuurei... well, it goes without saying. Youko from Junni Kokki will always remain the top of the list, but Shuurei's very close.
It is a refreshing change form the Miaka and Arika of the anime world. These type of female characters are very rare in anime and ever rarer as a main character.

While I like Youko, she didn't start out as a good character, She grew into it. It took 3 trues to watch 12kingdom because of how much I didn't like Youko's character in the beginning.
Old 2006-05-26, 11:38   Link #125
tritoch

Isn't Haruhi from Ouran like that? He's surrounded by generic bishounens and she isn't fawning over them.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 11:56   Link #126
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch
Isn't Haruhi from Ouran like that? He's surrounded by generic bishounens and she isn't fawning over them.
Kyon + itsuki < Saiunkoku Monogatari on the bishounen scale.

And it isn't the whole fawing over cute guys that seperate Shurrei form the Miaka and the others. It her intelligence and common sense that does it. Watch ep2 and see what she said to the Emperor. What she said in ep2 set her apart form just about everyone in anime.
Old 2006-05-26, 12:24   Link #127
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Haruhi's all right. I just find Shuurei more impressive with her firm mind, her maternal nature despite her age of 16, and the fact that I've yet to see her blush ONE time when she first met these fine male species.

Quote:
That staring at the mole thing was pretty amusing.
Old 2006-05-26, 22:14   Link #128
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Wrong Haruhi. Of course, Ouran High is calculated to make any comfortably straight bloke into a possible effeminate male.

Besides, I don't think the girl in Saiun is in any trouble. Imperial rule has it that only one person on the planet can touch her. Everyone else is an eunach
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 20:23   Link #129
Codex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Actually there 6 guys, 1 woman and 1 girl. Of the 6 guys only 2 of the would fall under the bishie catagory. Also are you guys sure the eight "sages" in the niame are the same eight immortals we are talking about?
I didn't mean to say that they're the same. It was only brought up because someone drew a parallel between the Eight Sages and FY's seishis . My point is that just because there are Eight Sages doesn't mean there will be bishounen warriors popping out everywhere.

Well, alright, perhaps they are ... but! the Sages probably won't have so melodramatic a role, although ...

Spoiler for episode 8:
Codex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 21:52   Link #130
Codex

Saiunkoku anime translations

Oh, I just ran into a great site. There are English text translations for episodes 1-7, in case you (like me) just can't wait for the fansubs and have resorted to watching raws or the Chinese subs and can't quite understand everything.

The site also has the translation of the chapter on which episode four is based (my favourite ep!)
Codex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 22:52   Link #131
poisonakki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codex
I didn't mean to say that they're the same. It was only brought up because someone drew a parallel between the Eight Sages and FY's seishis . My point is that just because there are Eight Sages doesn't mean there will be bishounen warriors popping out everywhere.

Well, alright, perhaps they are ... but! the Sages probably won't have so melodramatic a role, although ...

Spoiler for episode 8:
it's true Luv! actually that was creepy and histerical
there was a little bit of comedy added in episode 8 including Ryuuki's dream about Shuurei (lmao) poor Emperor has it real bad
poisonakki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 06:05   Link #132
andromeda0201

Hmm...I don't think this series should be compared to Juuni Kokki or Fushigi Yugi, since it seems completely different, despite the amount of bishies...
Still, there seem to be a lot of strong and unique female characters this season, Shuurei is one of them, intelligent and independant, a very likable female lead indeed
I've totally forgotton about the 8 Sages, have they all been mentioned in the novels?
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 14:12   Link #133
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It's true Luv! actually that was creepy and histerical
What's the relationship between them? I could make out 'I hate you' and some 'I love yous' and... yeah.
Old 2006-05-29, 19:46   Link #134
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis
What's the relationship between them? I could make out 'I hate you' and some 'I love yous' and... yeah.
Very good friends and a bit more form Sho-Taishi's perceptive. A very good friend and someone he wants beat at least once form Ta-Taishi's perceptive.
Old 2006-05-29, 23:37   Link #135
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Requesting good pic for sig source material

There are not enough love for this jewel >_<
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 04:15   Link #136
miaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inujun
I've totally forgotton about the 8 Sages, have they all been mentioned in the novels?

Not so sure but you might probably get an idea who are the 8 sages among the characters, if you follow the novel closely.

As for now (based from anime), its quiete sure that
Spoiler for episode 7 don't click it when you haven't watch epi 7:

Last edited by miaka; 2006-05-30 at 05:18.
miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 02:30   Link #137
Erroll

I just watch ep. 3 subbed. I'm liking this show more and more every ep. Poor Seiran. He getting hit on a by another man threw him for a loop. Ryuuki's sad background made me like him even more. I can't wait to find out how he's going to deal with the backstabbers in his midst. Poor Shuurei. She's being used as a pawn and not just by the mean ole plotters. I don't blame her for being upset at Ryuuki. This show is turning out to be one of favorites of the season.
Erroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-03, 09:32   Link #138
yura`

was searching around for a new anime to add to my 'list of animes to watch' and stumbled upon this... i have to say, the first episode had me hooked. dynasty-setting and imperial court dramas appeal to me! wonderful characters, costumes, setting...!

Shuurei makes for a really likeable character - it's interesting to see her 'two sides': the 'comedic' side and the 'serious' side she employs in different situations. the plot seems geared towards a really interesting path as well; i'm definitely following this through the end to see what happens!

it's just so sad that amidst all the tons of new animes coming out, that this particular one is 'drowning' (well, not really, but it's not receiving as much "popularity" as others are)... but while on that topic, it's great to see that this show is garnering its fair share of fans as well, as well as seeing a couple of subbers picking this up! many many thanks!!
yura` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-03, 10:23   Link #139
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Emperor dude is pretty cool, he is actually pretty smart.

Humm after watching episode 7 I think...

Spoiler:

I personally can't like Shuurei as much as some of you guys do. She is a strong and smart character, which is good, but I think she sometimes loses sight of the big picture because of her stubborness.

Last edited by Ori; 2006-06-03 at 10:58.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 01:26   Link #140
poisonakki

stubborn maybe...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
Emperor dude is pretty cool, he is actually pretty smart.

Humm after watching episode 7 I think...

Spoiler:

I personally can't like Shuurei as much as some of you guys do. She is a strong and smart character, which is good, but I think she sometimes loses sight of the big picture because of her stubborness.
poisonakki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, historical, madhouse