AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-19, 22:03   Link #1
Troilism

Anything!

I've been off anime for the whole summer basically and the winter/fall season last year too. I've been into "real" television with actual people haha. It's been great, but I decided to check back into anime.

I just finished watching sora no manimani and it was decent I guess. I like ALL kinds of shows except for extreme drama. I could never watch something like peach girl for example. It's just too angsty and dramaish for me. My preferred anime is where nothing happens or slow paced shows.

Off the top of my head, shows I've enjoyed

Real Drive
Honey and Clover (my favorite anime ever)
Noein
Amatsuki
I forget the name, but the one with the foxtail god, it was 26 episodes I think...not spice and wolf btw

I always enjoy shounen

HunterxHunter
Law of Ueki
Soul Eater (though I think it was too short, not enough depth yet)

I enjoy action
Black Lagoon (though it was more slice of life of bad guysish. First season was so good, but the second was a bit weird imo)
Darker than Black
Mazinkaiser
getter robo Armageddon

I like shoujo I guess too...

I've seen a lot of shows, and I like them all. Stupid randoms like Zero no Tsukaima are also good.

Anyways post away haha. It doesn't have to be good, it doesn't have to be serious or anything.

EDIT: PS please have your recommendations be completed as well...if it's anime I like, I usually like to zip through it and hate waiting. I don't watch new seasons until they are complete or almost complete.
Old 2009-10-19, 22:17   Link #2
Theowne
耳をすませば

Check out Natsume Yuujinchou. It stars the same voice talent as Takemoto from Honey and Clover and shares a similar wistful sort of tone. One of my favourites.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2009-10-19, 22:46   Link #3
james0246

A general list of decent Recent shows that you might like:
Shin Mazinger Shougeki!,
Bakemonogatari,
Canaan,
Eden of the East,
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0,
Regios,
Bounen no Xamdou,
RD Sennou Chousashitsu,
Ga-Rei: Zero.
Old 2009-10-20, 00:46   Link #4
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Have you tried Cross Game yet?
Old 2009-10-20, 01:44   Link #5
mit7059

Seconding Cross Game and Natsume Yuujinchou. I'd also throw in Nodame Cantabile as well, from the same noitamina timeslot as honey and clover, slightly more comedy-centric but still very good.
Honey & Clover is also my favorite anime ever, but one thats not too far behind, and in my eyes will always be a companian story is BECK:Mongolian Chop Squad. It's not as deep or mature as H&C but it's still very good IMO. The main character Koyuki is probably the closest character to Takemoto I've seen in another series.

You might also want to try Planetes, it takes place in the near future in orbit around the earth. Not only does it have great characters and comedy but it's also a really thought provoking look at how the next couple of hundred years are going to unfold.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
Old 2009-10-20, 07:20   Link #6
Troilism

hehe I've seen Nodame and Natsume and they were both very good. I haven't seen the second natsume yuujinchou so I will get into that. Cross game looks to be good, but I'm waiting for it to finish.

Thanks guys I have a couple shows in mind now...Shin Maziner Z, Ristorante Paradiso, Pandora Hearts, kananemo are the ones I'm prob going to look into atm. Planetes too actually that looks interesting..
Old 2009-10-20, 20:39   Link #7
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Since you liked Noein and Real Drive, let me add Dennou Coil to your list. It's also a science-fiction story set in a plausible near-future where virtual reality has become pervasive. It may have a bit too much "angst" for you in the second half, though probably not much more so than Noein.

Shirow also made Ghost Hound with Production I.G just before making Real Drive. It's a strange mix of psychiatry, brain science, and the supernatural that you might also find appealing. It's licensed, though. The first half boxset has just become available. The remainder will be released in December.
Old 2009-10-20, 22:41   Link #8
Troilism

yeah dennou coil was very good too. hehe like I said I used to watch a lot of anime. I just didn't list the ones I watched because there's a few I wouldn't mind going back and seeing like

Black Lagoon (season1)
Darker than Black
Ouran High School Host Club (only a couple episodes)
The wallflower
Closed Thread