Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-11-25, 06:04   Link #81
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
You know, people have been doing Dune jokes about this anime since they saw the title.
- I was hoping someone would make a reference about seeing the future, but most people would claim it's a Gundam Wing Reference...

Now, if a future episode shows an ex-Spyce Girl bloated, overweight and spending their life in a submerged fish tank, then THAT would be a Dune reference...

...I'm being too hard on this show. Sorry.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-25, 06:12   Link #82
Liddo-kun
is this so?

:images:

Spoiler:

Really enjoying this anime. Can't wait for next episode.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-25, 10:23   Link #83
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Watched episode 8:

Good action. Momo is really brave fighting that snake man 1 vs.1. I guess the metal they put into their arms came useful, as the sword might have cut deeper if she didn't have that metal part of the costume in her arm.

Yuki might have a really bad experience before like a squad member who died, or maybe the trauma of losing one of her eyes in a past mission that went wrong. She does not want same thing happen again.

Byakko seemed to be fully friendly with them now. Well, she has no home to come back to, so why not make a new home with the Spyce girls. :3
What metal part?

Yuki might be a spy, but under pressure one. So she is trying to tell her to run once the betrayal comes. Because she can't count on her.

Although more straightforward explanation could be, as was seen in this episode, Yuki is nearing the end of her career. She remarks how Spyce effect cut off before she thought it would, and that it's getting shorter. So she might loose her ability to dope by the end, and Momochi needs to be ready for that day. And that includes not throwing her life away when not needed.

Also I see GoeHulk has learned the lesson of BEFRIENDING well from her Master.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-25, 10:28   Link #84
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
What metal part?
This part hit by the sword.

Spoiler:
Old 2018-11-25, 13:25   Link #85
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
What metal part?

Yuki might be a spy, but under pressure one. So she is trying to tell her to run once the betrayal comes. Because she can't count on her.

Although more straightforward explanation could be, as was seen in this episode, Yuki is nearing the end of her career. She remarks how Spyce effect cut off before she thought it would, and that it's getting shorter. So she might loose her ability to dope by the end, and Momochi needs to be ready for that day. And that includes not throwing her life away when not needed.

you bring up some good points about yuki being the traitor, but I can't bring myself to believe it. I still want to trust her.

It all makes sense, though. Aside from her leader/hardass personality, she's basically training and teaching Momo everything so that when Yuki reveals herself as a traitor, she's hoping that Momo will do what she was taught to run away and escape whatever's to come..in order to survive.

Goe was definitely the highlight for me this episode. She didn't really do much on-screen compared to the other 3 on the island, but she definitely learned a lot from the last episode. She's very endearing! Also, Viking girl opening up the door to reveal even more viking helmets made me lol.

So what was up at the beginning with Hatsume and Theresia? Kinda came out of nowhere.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-25, 18:43   Link #86
4th Dimension

Well given that Aoba knows where Theresia is supposed to sleep and she has revealed herself to her, and Theresa herself wants to take Aoba down, the show just probably cut out the setup of Aoba seeking her out and just showed us Aoba taking her down. Not too jarring.

Helmets: Really. How many does she go through to need THAT many

Also how many secret spy organisations ARE THERE on Okniawa given that there is one only the good guys, the drug/flower grower snek obsessed ones, but more others?!?

What, is Okinawa like Switzerland or Cold War Berlin?!?

Old 2018-11-28, 08:07   Link #87
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh c'mon Yuki... don't be too overprotective
Momo is crazy good right now
he could solo-carry the team

not enough GoeHulk fight.. I wanted her to rampage again
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-28, 16:19   Link #88
Magewolf

Quote:
What metal part?

Yuki was my first choice for the traitor but the show had her wondering to herself what was going on a few episodes ago which made no sense if she was the spy. So that leaves the old lady and the Befriender as my top picks.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-28, 17:40   Link #89
Kazu-kun

There is a prequel light novel with Yuki as protagonist that apparently covers how she lost her eye and what happened to her master Nagaho. The final arc in the tv show is most likely gonna revolve around that too.

This is typical Takahiro considering how the prequel light novel in Yuuki Yuuna was the backdrop for the last arc in the Yuuki Yuuna tv show.

For instance, I wouldn't be surprised if Kurara (Moryo's boss) turns up to be Nagaho. They have the same eyes and smile (hair is different but that can easily be explained).

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2018-12-01 at 15:22.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-30, 09:56   Link #90
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Ep9 preview

Spoiler:
Old 2018-11-30, 10:30   Link #91
4th Dimension

That at the end certainly looked like the Lady of Moryo...

Old 2018-12-01, 19:38   Link #92
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 9:

Now I understand why seeing Momo fight the old man on the previous episode made Yuki so angry. It's because her sempai died that way.

If they're going to fight that lady with oni mask next.. Yuki is in danger.. her spyce does not last long anymore.
Old 2018-12-02, 19:50   Link #93
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

After watching the preview, I was thinking that Yuki's old mentor was gonna be Fumiko (just had to do some shit to her eyes, grow out her hair, and dye it), but it didn't go that way. It was definitely a heavy one knowing that Fumiko cut Nagaho down with ease and resorted to blowing herself up. And it looks like Katrina was showing signs of the Spyce effect losing its potency. Maybe it has to do with age?
Old 2018-12-02, 21:03   Link #94
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
it looks like Katrina was showing signs of the Spyce effect losing its potency. Maybe it has to do with age?
Yes, they said that in one of the early episodes. It doesn't work on adults.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-02, 21:27   Link #95
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Yes, they said that in one of the early episodes. It doesn't work on adults.
Man, I must've missed it then
Old 2018-12-02, 22:00   Link #96
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Once the Spyce stops working for them, they're given the choice of having their memories of Tsukikage wiped so they can go on with their lives, or continuing to work with Tsukikage as an ally, like the woman who runs the cafe over their base.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-03, 07:56   Link #97
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

with this, I'm quite sure that the moryo spy is Katrina
or Yuki's senpai is still alive somewhere

anyway, that flashback 2 years ago was awesome... the older generation is really good to be able to handle a mission with that difficulties
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-04, 13:08   Link #98
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
After watching the preview, I was thinking that Yuki's old mentor was gonna be Fumiko (just had to do some shit to her eyes, grow out her hair, and dye it), but it didn't go that way. It was definitely a heavy one knowing that Fumiko cut Nagaho down with ease and resorted to blowing herself up. And it looks like Katrina was showing signs of the Spyce effect losing its potency. Maybe it has to do with age?
I though the samre thing actually. Good that I was wrong.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-08, 17:36   Link #99
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 10:

Terrible turn of events. I just wonder how they will get out of this one? Yuki near death, and everyone is captured.
Old 2018-12-08, 18:16   Link #100
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Watched episode 10:

Terrible turn of events. I just wonder how they will get out of this one? Yuki near death, and everyone is captured.
Well, Hatsume is still unaccounted for. But yes, shocking turn of events, especially how ruthless Mei was acting.

Tags
ninja