Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-10, 03:35   Link #61
LoveOfAnime
~Lost in the Moonlight~

Send a message via MSN to LoveOfAnime Send a message via Yahoo to LoveOfAnime
Thumbs up Good Work

Quote:
Origanally Posted by Dragosmore
:P We are continuing, so please try not to get too impatient because we try to bring you some of the best quality subs out there

Thank You for all of the hard work in making them good!!!

Last edited by LoveOfAnime; 2004-03-10 at 03:43. Reason: Forgot to give Credit for quote and title
Old 2004-03-10, 04:11   Link #62
marin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu
BTW, before shoujo ai discussions go further than the few stray comments, I'd just like to say that, if you listen to the closing song, it talks about trying to get a GUY. The "love" is not talking about those two. Also, the opening suggests one of them has a certain guy in mind. Yes, there's obviously shoujo-ai humor, and I find it hilarious(so popular with the girls...lol), but that doesn't mean there's even any real suggestion of a relationship between the two main characters. I just don't get how any series with two major characters of the same gender can get reinterpreted as shojo-ai/shonen-ai. At least Mermaid Melody is safe. With one girl pining for her guy, one holding back her affection for the same guy, and the thrid doing everything but tying her guy down, it's hard to imagine anything weird there. I'm not trying to complain, but please keep things in perspective.
Well I wasn't saying that the main characters were not interested in guys, or even that they were actually gay.

What I meant was that it was amusing that their situation created the appearance of a, well, relationship between them (they're suddenly spending so much time together, have matching accessories, etc.), and that everyone else seemed to be picking up on this and interpeting it the wrong way.

In a sort of "joke's on them" sort of way.

It's also sort of a *wink wink* acknowledgement to the fans who do think they make a cute couple.
Old 2004-03-10, 04:47   Link #63
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragosmore
As a note, I'm sure your all aware of. The subbers of Pretty Cure might be slow, but that's because of real life stuff. Plus, after translation has been done for a week or more, when people have midterms and schoolwork, things get a bit slowed down and stuff :P We are continuing, so please try not to get too impatient because we try to bring you some of the best quality subs out there
Oh, please don't take the fact that I went and watched RAWs as some kind of insult... I still plan to get your subs when they are ready. Actually, I've been taking Japanese at the college where I go to graduate school and I figured I was at a level where I could basically understand simple Shoujo anime like this one (I've been taking it for almost a year now). And I was pleasantly suprised that I could! Well, enough to figure out a bit more then simply what's going on. Also, I taught myself how to use Winny which is a skill which might come in handy one day. (Yes I know that l33t-raws is releasing them, but they weren't seeded by the time I tried).

Anyway, I really do appreciate both the groups that are subbing Pretty Cure, and would simply remind them that Mahou Shoujo is still in many ways the core of the anime community. You do it a service that cannot be denied! You stand up for the core values in our community: Justice, Freedom, and small, talking animal Mascots. I salute you!
Sam Pinansky
Old 2004-03-10, 04:56   Link #64
Don Eunuch
Lin Er

Don't you feel embarrassed watching this if you are past 10? I know I am, esp if you are a guy.

The fighting is surprisingly, superior to many other fighting anime. Guess they expect to recoup the $$$ from the sale of merchandise. Any idea if the handphones actually works?

Last edited by Don Eunuch; 2004-03-10 at 05:10.
Old 2004-03-10, 08:58   Link #65
bluemist
i am the mist

For me, there's nothing wrong about a guy watching kiddy mahou shoujo anime. It's just that other people don't realize that anime is just a TV show, and doesn't necessarily reflect the views and characteristics of the viewer.

Just don't go out in public with Pretty Cure handphones or accessories.
Old 2004-03-11, 00:08   Link #66
Taboo
Riceball!

Send a message via Yahoo to Taboo
Does anyone know the exact proverb Nagisa refers to in the beginning of episode 1?
Old 2004-03-11, 01:59   Link #67
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo
Does anyone know the exact proverb Nagisa refers to in the beginning of episode 1?
The proverb she meant to say but messed up is:
爪の垢を煎じて飲む
Tsume no aka wo senjite nomu
Old 2004-03-11, 12:54   Link #68
Imaginer
WTFBBQ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempis Curious
Thbbb. That's been going on since magical girl anime started back in the Paleolithic. The main characters transformed with the aid of plastic pink rocks and deer antlers back then.

-k
LOL Deer antlers!

It seems to me that their transformation powers included some auto fight and acrobatic response powers that seems to make them fight and say stuff without them even thinking to do that.

Somehow, I know this genre is not that appealling to me but... I think it maybe the ending that got me. It has been awhile since I last had some sugar coated nonsense.
Old 2004-03-11, 15:19   Link #69
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Eunuch
Don't you feel embarrassed watching this if you are past 10? I know I am, esp if you are a guy.

The fighting is surprisingly, superior to many other fighting anime. Guess they expect to recoup the $$$ from the sale of merchandise. Any idea if the handphones actually works?
I don't see anything wrong with it!
I'm past 10 and female, and I don't feel embarrassed at all. ^^
Old 2004-03-11, 17:02   Link #70
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Eunuch
I would feel more embarrassed watching pro "wrestling." People wear t-shirts and hats and even go see the "matches." Not that I really care if people like to do that, but to me that's not sports, it's fantasy. I can't relate to it as well as I relate to the fantasy in a show like Precure.
Old 2004-03-11, 22:11   Link #71
Taboo
Riceball!

Send a message via Yahoo to Taboo
Thanks Dragosmore. I did some research on the exact phrase and pretty much only found out that it doesn't transfer into English well. I got the drink part though. ^_^;;; Anyone know of a rough translation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy
(Also, I'm guessing we might see another 5 Cure's by the end too. They've already refered to the 7 jewels (that appear in the opening), 5 of which the enemy has already captured, so I assume the 2 that are left are Cure white and black. I wonder what the other jewels will be for?)
Interesting idea, but wouldn't the full title Futari wa Pretty Cure indicate that it was just the pair of them? I could easily be way far off here tho. My Japanese sucks obviously.
Old 2004-03-11, 22:15   Link #72
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Quote:
Thanks Dragosmore. I did some research on the exact phrase and pretty much only found out that it doesn't transfer into English well. I got the drink part though. ^_^;;; Anyone know of a rough translation?

Interesting idea, but wouldn't the full title Futari wa Pretty Cure indicate that it was just the pair of them? I could easily be way far off here tho. My Japanese sucks and I would never claim it to be otherwise.
The full title is Futari wa Pretty Cure, as you can see on Shoujo's file names and releases :. A good translation would be The Two of us are Pretty Cure, or Together, we're Pretty Cure

As for the proverb it means like, trying to be like someone much greater than yourself, to do something that they do to become like them >.>;;; i.e to eat like them to become more like them, heh
Old 2004-03-12, 00:32   Link #73
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Interesting idea, but wouldn't the full title Futari wa Pretty Cure indicate that it was just the pair of them? I could easily be way far off here tho. My Japanese sucks obviously.
Actually, after watching episode 5 and 6, my idea is clearly wrong, as
Spoiler:
Sam Pinansky
Old 2004-03-16, 10:30   Link #74
mayukhers112
Mahou Shonen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_of_Hell
The manga just started in the April issue of Nakayoshi and it's way different than the anime but it's Pretty Cure.
A manga...hmm....sounds pretty good, but I hope the character art is a tad bit better than the anime's. Who's it written by?
Old 2004-04-18, 01:54   Link #75
marin

Waa, Episode 3 is out, thanks ChiZeTo!

It's still as cute as ever!

The classmates notice Honoko and Nagisa have matching accessories that seem to "ring" to each other when brought into close proximity (oh we know what that implies)...

And Honoko's Grandmother asks Nagisa to "Take care of her granddaughter"

LOL

This is a great series so far!
Old 2004-08-14, 15:23   Link #76
GokuJunior

Send a message via MSN to GokuJunior
Till now episode 8 is my favourite...
If you see some episodes you'll notice that it isn't so annoying as you thought it were (my case)...
Now I like this anime because it has a good story after all, and...
Spoiler:

See a few episodes and then post here...
And that's not all...
Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-14, 16:57   Link #77
mintyfresh
Altoid

Wow, haven't seen this thread in a while..

Well, I adore this anime, and am bent on watching it to the end. It's good to see that more groups are beginning to sub it (though i wish Miyuki's sizes were a bit smaller.. but i shan't complain ^^; ).

I mostly watch this show for the shoujo ai potential (I'm a big shoujo-ai fan, even when the evidence of it is as limited as it is in this series.. ), so so far, episode 8 is among my faves as well.

However, though I get the subs, I've taken to getting the raws every week as well, and though we don't see much of Fujimura-kun in later episodes...

Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-15, 00:42   Link #78
mememe
hmmm baka

Send a message via MSN to mememe
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Eunuch
Why there's nothing wrong in it I feel more embarrassed when watching stuff like This ugly and beautiful world that has more adult content.

If your embarrassed by it then don't tell anyone!

Anyway precure is great one of those animes that u can watch without really thinking. it might be different from other mahjo shoujos because it doesn't really focus on the magic but more on the relationship of the two girls and how different people can get along and become friends when put into a situation, it also focuses more on there school life and how the two react to the others friends.

I love the merchandise!!!!
I would buy the cell phones they are so cute!
why did they have to kill Piscard he was cool u no except for the whole Kiss outfit i wanted them to make him into a good guy!
Old 2004-08-15, 01:18   Link #79
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I'm stil waiting patiently for the good translation subs, so my friends that cannot speak japanese can watch it with me. ^^ I was hoping someone pick up Ojamajo too, another cute show. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by mememe
why did they have to kill Piscard he was cool u no except for the whole Kiss outfit i wanted them to make him into a good guy!
I know, I was hoping he become sensei longer too, and maybe develop a relationship with the other teacher and become a good guy. ^^
Old 2004-08-16, 03:56   Link #80
mememe
hmmm baka

Send a message via MSN to mememe
Quote:
Originally posted by Secca
I know, I was hoping he become sensei longer too, and maybe develop a relationship with the other teacher and become a good guy. ^^
YES!!! thats wat i wanted too
oh well u never know he might come back!

and wats Ojamajo i've never heard of that one.
Closed Thread

Tags
magical girl, school life