AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-19, 00:26   Link #21
farios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I also failed to notice she apparently died years after her family incident, so suicide seems a bit less likely than I initially thought.

So whatever killed her, it's probably something far nastier than what killed the others.
And also didn't she said that in that world no one died by suicide? So it can't be a suicide. Wait, so where does all suicide victims go?
Old 2010-04-19, 01:17   Link #22
Click This
CEO of Asia!

Location: 167 East 51st St, New York, NY, 10022 - N40° 45.4097', W073° 58.2709'
Send a message via MSN to Click This
Quote:
Originally Posted by farios View Post
And also didn't she said that in that world no one died by suicide? So it can't be a suicide. Wait, so where does all suicide victims go?
The "other" place?

Old 2010-04-19, 02:27   Link #23
zetsubou-san
suicidal self-flagellator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Click This View Post
The "other" place?
One-way trip to reincarnation as an edible barnacle, I'll bet.
Old 2010-04-20, 04:48   Link #24
Velsy

I really like this Yuri, but as already hinted here.

There is more mystery about her that needs revealing!

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2010-04-25, 12:54   Link #25
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Seriously, whenever I looked at her, why does she remind me of Haruhi? Anyway....I really want to see what really happened to her that she ended up being....dead.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2010-04-26, 17:50   Link #26
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Let me throw in my guess. She lied to Otonashi about how her siblings died.

Spoiler for Because it's nasty:

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2010-04-26, 18:25   Link #27
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by farios View Post
Old Homes or the Abandon factory.
Old 2010-05-01, 09:16   Link #28
Dark Wing

Okay so Yuri shows some signs of envy while looking at Otoashi and Kanade together any thoughts?
Old 2010-05-01, 09:29   Link #29
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Okay so Yuri shows some signs of envy while looking at Otoashi and Kanade together any thoughts?
Don't want to displease any shipping fans. But to say the truth, she probably will react the same way if any other SSS member have such casual conversation with Tenshi. That would still be envy, since he belongs to her 'army' after all.

But then it's not unexpected in anime/manga for a girl to suddenly fall in love with the main guy. Afterall, Otonashi could be super good looking and a deadly womanizer

The only thing i do not understand is: Yurippe does not look like someone who can forget such important thing like Tenshi's name.

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2010-05-01 at 09:50.
Old 2010-05-01, 09:48   Link #30
Dark Wing

It could be that she lied and never knew it at all or they have been fighting for so long that it didn't matter anymore.
Old 2010-05-01, 11:18   Link #31
GDB

Quote:
It could be that she lied and never knew it at all or they have been fighting for so long that it didn't matter anymore.
It's probably less that it didn't matter anymore, and more that it's easier to demonize an enemy if they don't have a name. So, she merely blanked it from her mind.
Old 2010-05-01, 11:53   Link #32
Dark Wing

Well I could see that Yuri is stubborn as hell so actually talking to your opponent is a lot harder then picking up a gun and firing on them...for her anyway.

You know I think that is Yuri's main problem her anger is misguided. She's always quick to fight yet she doesn't even know what she's even really fighting for.
Old 2010-05-01, 13:30   Link #33
Traece
:cool:

I can't agree that Yurippe doesn't seem to have committed suicide. Contrarily, her quick hinting that she didn't gives me every impression that she did, past the fact that it seemed like the most likely reason for her death. All it takes is some stupid kid to bring it up again and remind her of what happened once upon a time. The suicide theme has been one of my bigger theories so far, as every character who's had their death explained has also implied that they were their own undoing. Be it drugs, or an unwillingness to continue to live, or blaming yourself for the death of all of your siblings. At this point I doubt that every person here killed themselves, but all the facts I see point here.

As far as Yurippe's anger goes, I said this in another thread too but she really hates Tenshi, and not Kanade. Angels, and God. Obviously she'll find herself extremely conflicted trying to chase after Kanade from now on. Or maybe not?
Old 2010-05-02, 16:02   Link #34
Hedd
Random Object

I'm starting to think Maeda is playing with the audiences' perspective a little. In the beginning Tenshi was portrayed as the unstoppable terminator while giving us a titbit to lean perceptions in Yuri's favor. Now the pendulum swings and we're getting more of a view of Tenshi's persona, endearing her more favorably to the audience while also seeming to be condemning Yuri. All this information control is really putting a heavy spin on the big picture. It makes me really want to know Yuri and Tenshi better.
Old 2010-05-02, 23:09   Link #35
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Well I could see that Yuri is stubborn as hell so actually talking to your opponent is a lot harder then picking up a gun and firing on them...for her anyway.

You know I think that is Yuri's main problem her anger is misguided. She's always quick to fight yet she doesn't even know what she's even really fighting for.
Well, not really.
In the prequel novel, there was the first moment Yuri using a gun, and the first real attempt to force answers out of Tenshi. She was really trying there....
Old 2010-05-03, 11:12   Link #36
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Well, not really.
In the prequel novel, there was the first moment Yuri using a gun, and the first real attempt to force answers out of Tenshi. She was really trying there....
Yea I final read that part she did at least try...

I think one of the main reason I like Yuri is because of her rebellious streak. She will fight the entire world system to seek out her revenge!
Old 2010-05-03, 12:42   Link #37
Lennstar

Hm I think Yuri knew Tenshi´s name before Otonashi asked her.

How about asking for Tenshi´s name was a test to see whether some1 is brave enough to make contact with the enemy [without a weapon or fighting] ^^ or it was a test to check the loyality of the SSS members.

Old 2010-05-07, 04:13   Link #38
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Found this in the image thread. Surely Yuri has started establishing her real life SSS:

The battle of God and her rebel....
I swear that if one God who can be random enough to build up an isolated school, set up an organization full with immortal idiots, then let them fight imba Angel with guns made from scraps. That God probably would be Haruhi....

...or Kyon failed us...
Old 2010-05-07, 04:25   Link #39
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
I swear that if one God who can be random enough to build up an isolated school, set up an organization full with immortal idiots, then let them fight imba Angel with gun made from scraps. That God probably would be Haruhi
That's why I was commenting that this 'God' probably was bored when he created this afterlife.
Old 2010-05-07, 04:28   Link #40
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

God really is Haruhi to have created such a world in her free time.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Closed Thread