AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-02, 19:32   Link #781
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

blitz1/2

What i meant is IB does not only destroy illusions ...... my bad ....typo
Old 2010-12-02, 19:39   Link #782
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
even if i had readed the novel in order i would be pretty sure that touma was going to die, and i blame index she pulled the death flag on touma.

but is a little weird that was stated his second death,i will not like another memory loss,also theres the law in anime that unless thay confimrd death from the corpse or you see the body heavily mutilated that character can come back, but hey kakine is somehow alive after beign dissected
It doesn't says "second death" but "welcomed death once again" probably making reference to the several fights he reminded before crashing.
Old 2010-12-04, 02:07   Link #783
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
It doesn't says "second death" but "welcomed death once again" probably making reference to the several fights he reminded before crashing.
Actually, it says he has welcomed death for a second time

二度目の『死』を迎える事となる
Old 2010-12-04, 02:22   Link #784
tsunade666

then when is his first death? with his all so many times that he should had die?

Is it referring to his current life or his pass life??
Old 2010-12-04, 02:37   Link #785
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
then when is his first death? with his all so many times that he should had die?

Is it referring to his current life or his pass life??
No idea.....it doesn't say. It may be his memory loss or he could have died before long ago....maybe that's how he got IB...
Old 2010-12-04, 03:42   Link #786
eiyuu99

His memory loss could be his first death.
Old 2010-12-04, 09:39   Link #787
Miraluka
Banned

Maybe he died before going Academy City when he was giving misfortune to everyone.
Before going to A.C. after his "dead" got the I.B. to supress that misfortune and prevent it to spread to others.
Then, he went to Academy City.
Old 2010-12-04, 10:24   Link #788
tsunade666

More like Aleister probably visits him before and probably "revives" him with Imagine Breaker as the suppressor or seal of power.
Old 2010-12-04, 10:28   Link #789
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
More like Aleister probably visits him before and probably "revives" him with Imagine Breaker as the suppressor or seal of power.
Maybe, because the reason why Aleister went to Russia it wasn't because Fiamma got Touma's IB but because Fiamma watched what is inside the Right Hand.
Old 2010-12-04, 10:50   Link #790
tsunade666

More like that's the reason. Because Fiamma saw something he mustn't seen. Isn't Aleister angry at him for seeing it and more angry at him for not even knowing what it is and question him "what is it?" that fuel more anger on Aleister side. For Fiamma the one who almost overtake him on his plans but to ended up like a big disappointment on his side.
Old 2010-12-04, 15:08   Link #791
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well he migth have not died, not once, maybe it refers to a situatition that was/is so bad that he just assumed he was/is going to die therefore the ambiguous words "welcomed his death"
Old 2010-12-04, 20:14   Link #792
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
His memory loss could be his first death.
Volume 1 Chapter 4, last sentence. it stated "Kamijou Touma died" in no uncertain terms. In the epilogue it expanded on it saying Touma has lost his memories, so that's the first 'death'.

In Vol2 epilogue Stiyl used Aureolus as a example, saying a person having lost all his memories and his appearance is pretty much dead and a new person lives on.
Old 2010-12-04, 20:19   Link #793
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
... I'm tempted to think that if the "second death" he experienced is kind of the same concept back in Volume 1 and 2, then...

... the "advent of the 2nd death" for Touma, would it be... memory loss to the point he'll forget his own identity?

"Somosomo ore wa DARE DAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!???" - Sugisaki Ken

Thinking back on it, it'll feel a bit disappointing if it turns out like that.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-12-04, 20:36   Link #794
Flere821
Lurker

Re-using the same idea (memory loss) is probably not going to happen... though frankly I can't really think of what could actually happen. I think the author's not going to throw Touma into leading a antagonist organisation (it's been done in another LN series still running right now; PM me if interested, I don't want to post spoilers of another LN here).

Best I can come up with is Touma goes straight to hell, subdues Lucifer (or whatever is sealed inside him by IB), learns the 'Truth of the World' and/or what Laura/Aleister is planning and start a third side. And that's VERY unlikely IMO.
Old 2010-12-04, 20:39   Link #795
Ashaman

The first possibilities are, but I like that last one.
Old 2010-12-04, 21:02   Link #796
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i really cant digest the idea of touma going to hell and coming back, maybe he got trapped in another dimension,something like imaginary district, or we migth get X character holding touma at the start of the next vol
Old 2010-12-04, 21:12   Link #797
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
While "Going to hell and back to save the world once more" sounds like an awesome idea, I can't see any sense of it happening.

Although the idea of Touma being found by someone else (who manages to recover him before Mikoto and all the other people looking for him) can be a common possibility.

(I'm suddenly thinking Touma's first heard words after he woke up from the aftermath of the battle would be... "Privyet Tovarisch (Greetings, comrade)." Just for the heck of saying it that I'm saying this )

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-12-04, 21:13   Link #798
outerelf

The author is undoubtedly going to throw us such a curve ball plot wise, we'll be scrambling to catch up. I ain't gonna guess on what he does, because if we compare guesses with what happened, they're generally a bit off the mark.
Old 2010-12-04, 21:16   Link #799
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

That's not necessary. I think It may be that Touma is going to change so much to the point to become someone new, a new Touma, but still with the old Touma on it. Maybe a epiphany?

Last edited by Zaresh; 2010-12-05 at 00:12.
Old 2010-12-04, 23:09   Link #800
tsunade666

I want Touma to either go to heaven or hell and go wild there

though on a serious manner. They can't find the body even if 3 major factions of the magic side tried to search him on the arctic ocean.

How big is the arctic ocean for magicians to not find his body?

I can only think of someone arrive there to get his body before someone appear or someone is lying and took him already.