Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-05-26, 05:33   Link #641
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsar13 View Post
sorry, can't find summary for ch.4 in this thread...
anyone, please? post # or link?
*sighs*

Did you really look?

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 05:52   Link #642
Korsar13

Hmm.. i expect smthg alike this
Korsar13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 06:58   Link #643
katsudon
Part Time Translator

human.... so greedy..... that's something kuro may say.... and i'm semi quoting from part 1 of vol 8.

i'm only a part time translator. i think i covered enough. i'll leave it up to seanver to put up something more in-deapth.

besides, i'm still far from finishing imouto psp 100%.

Last edited by katsudon; 2011-05-26 at 17:36.
katsudon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 07:04   Link #644
Korsar13

sorry, no offense intended.
Just 'chapter 3 summary fill gap between 2 and 4' -- and chapter 2 summary much longer.
And i think: 'longer' version exists, i just can't spot it

Sorry my terrible english -- i never learn english in school.
Old 2011-05-26, 09:37   Link #645
larethian

actually, I hate doing summaries, because they usually create confusion...
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 15:06   Link #646
sleepingleo

With the handicap of being unable to read the novel and depend of summaries, after reading more summaries of Vol.8, i can't help but feel (and fear, KN fan here) it will be either a Kirino eventual ending, either a sexual thing (Kyo and Kirino actually being bf/gf) or just a ToLoveRU (pre-darkness) ending.

Regardless of how much i want a KN ending, when i read Kyo's thoughts when he was with Kuroneko, more than otaku rage, i feel sadness for Kuroneko. Kyo more than half of the time is only comparing her with Kirino, either aloud telling KN what he did with Kirino or inner dialogue. Kyo is always thinking of Kirino and that pisses me off. Harems are most of the time fun for the reader, but analyzing slowly and having some empathy for the female characters of every common shounen/seinen harem it's actually a really cruel situation because most the time MC always have a prefered harem member in mind, making the feeling of the other member pointless.

I feel (and hope with all strenght i'm wrong) this will be the case with KN, in the end she will just give up, say "What a siscon you are", "You are under a greater curse than mine" or something like that and wish them luck. -.- I feel bad for KN since seems like she honestly seems to like(love) Kyo, while Kyo is just "testing his own feelings" while constantly thinking "Kirino would do this...would do that....If Kirino....". Bah, I really hope i am wrong.
sleepingleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 16:19   Link #647
Maugomale

Well, Kyousuke's narrowed down his possibilities by saying he won't date anyone for Kirino's sake. He's bound to face a love confession from her sooner or later.

The guy is a pervert, not to mention a siscon. He's also under heavy influence from the games Kirino made him play. I don't think the guy will be able to resist a confession from her.
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 16:21   Link #648
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post
The guy is a pervert
I would say he's actually mild compared to the average Japanese boy going out with a girl.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 17:35   Link #649
katsudon
Part Time Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingleo View Post
With the handicap of being unable to read the novel and depend of summaries, after reading more summaries of Vol.8, i can't help but feel (and fear, KN fan here) it will be either a Kirino eventual ending, either a sexual thing (Kyo and Kirino actually being bf/gf) or just a ToLoveRU (pre-darkness) ending.
it could be an ichigo 100% ending ... the first one wins at the end, even after what happened.

i think there would be less rage from the fans if one can read the vol. i wonder if there are any translation groups that do LN. there are plenty doing the chinese for many different LNs since it is easier.
Old 2011-05-26, 18:08   Link #650
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

@sleepingleo
Might this help? Page 287 of volume 8
Spoiler for spoiler:

There's more, but I'll do that later this weekend (hopefully!).

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-05-26, 18:22   Link #651
sleepingleo

@karice67

Thanks for the tip. It's those bits that throw some light to the possibility of a KN ending after all, but at the same time i somewhat think it's just Kyousuke just feeling that "he lost his first girlfriend" and the emptiness of "losing what you once had". Even though he explicitly told Kirino he liked KN when he was in emo-mode, now i feel those words are rather shallow.

Kyo is doing exactly what Kirino wants, he has Kirino first in his heart, always thinking "Kirino would...If Kirino...Kirino blahblha" while he was going out with KN. Yeah, he did went "KN is cute, etc etc", but in the end his mind always came back to Kirino -.-

Once again, i really hope this thinking of mine is wrong and we have a happy and socially acceptable (aka non-incest) KN ending.
Old 2011-05-26, 19:15   Link #652
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsudon View Post
i meant to write a quick note...it ended up being long ...

Spoiler for ayase part3:
wow thanks for that dialogue!

but why did kyou go to ayase's house in the first place? did she always call him ???

And of course thanks all of you guys for the summaries!

I wonder about kirino's reaction to a possible kyou/ayase pairing .... maybe she gets angry with ayase..

And So kyousuke rejected manami or what ?
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 19:18   Link #653
Maugomale

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
I wonder about kirino's reaction to a possible kyou/ayase pairing .... maybe she gets angry with ayase..
The PSP game gives you a good idea of how such a scenario would play out.
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 21:31   Link #654
ion475
にこにこにー

Finally done reading the whole volume...

All I'll say is...GOD...Kyousuke, no wonder Ruri-chan dump you...even someone who have no experience with dating knows better than mentioning another girl during a date all the time...

And Ayase finally gain the dere part of the yandere. Looking forward to her finally chopping off Kyousuke's head for good...
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 00:41   Link #655
Flere821
Lurker

So, with CE Translation already done a summary for Ch4, I take it I no longer need to do the summary for it?

And @taichi-kun: Kyousuke never rejected Manami, as she never confessed. Also Kyousuke never saw Manami as someone who he would end up in a romantic relationship with, like he saw KN.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 00:56   Link #656
larethian

Just a note, I glanced through the Chinese translations and there are some differences in the Chinese translations. Though I think there are trivial (as in, not important to the relationship developments) and I don't yet have time to verify them, so I'll leave it.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 02:10   Link #657
Korsar13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
And @taichi-kun: Kyousuke never rejected Manami, as she never confessed.
quote from summary:
Spoiler for vol8 ch4:
Old 2011-05-27, 07:08   Link #658
katsudon
Part Time Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
wow thanks for that dialogue!

but why did kyou go to ayase's house in the first place? did she always call him ???

And of course thanks all of you guys for the summaries!

And So kyousuke rejected manami or what ?
Spoiler for ayase/manami:
Old 2011-05-27, 21:01   Link #659
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Btw, just to clear something up about Kuroneko...
Spoiler for volume 8 ch 4:

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-05-28, 16:06   Link #660
sleepingleo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingleo View Post
Just about the Kuroneko new manga. The range of posibilites is too large and at the same time too small. Just going by the title, "Ore no kouhai...". Third is the keyword. Even if it's an spinoff that word has many "problems" or so to speak, since it limits the posibilites to 3 ( at least that i can see) branches:

Spoiler:

First branch i can see would be nice, but alas too short. I would despise and many otaku with me the second branch. And third branch would really feel like an spinoff and only that .__. Dont know what would be best, as long as is not second.
Quoting myself from a past post. With this volume developments, what of this branches you think it will be the most likely for KN manga? From the title is easy to see the timeframe has as starting point, at least when KN enters high school with Kyo and from there it can start anywhere. The inflection point would be this volume.

I can only see the 3 branches for the main story. What you think? Can you see any other?

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings