AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-29, 13:23   Link #41
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Maybe Ishida will come save the day.

I'm still baffled why that Quincy guy(current fight) said Ishida shouldn't be weaker than him......when did Ishida get such a powerup if so.
Old 2012-06-29, 21:59   Link #42
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post

I'm still baffled why that Quincy guy(current fight) said Ishida shouldn't be weaker than him......when did Ishida get such a powerup if so.
prob was sealed and he did not know....

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Old 2012-06-29, 23:22   Link #43
sayde

I'm willing to bet Kirge's statement and confusion might have more to do with the Ishida bloodline and less to do with Uryuu himself. That's to say, he might have reason to believe that the Ishida's are supposed to be naturally superior in strength in comparison to the other Quincy's we're seeing now. Of course, when you consider the likelihood that Uryuu has yet to inherit all the strength, techniques, and mastery of said techniques of his previous generation (unlike his father who was officially handed down the Title of "The Last Quincy" as a result), it leaves room for Kirge's assumption about Uryuu to be incorrect. To sum it up, little might Kirge know, Uryuu may still be barely lacking some of the essentials that would make him finally worthy of being a true successor to the Ishida clan.

Come to think of it, in hindsight the title of "The Last Quincy" handed down from Soken to Ryuuken greatly contradicts what we're witnessing right now. So it should be amusing to predict some of the explanations in store for this.
Old 2012-06-29, 23:32   Link #44
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post

The strength of Ishada's father is the only reason I believe what the other Quincy guy said.
Old 2012-06-30, 11:56   Link #45
ri.kenji
Lazy Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
maybe becoming a (forgot what number) dimensional being means that the ichigo that we see is not his whole "existence". so quincies powers can't fully analayze him. what they see is only where Ichigo's existence cross section theirs.

or it could just be because he is human,
You might find this interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatland

In a nutshell, it says that a being of one dimension cannot fully scrutinize a being of a higher dimension.
Old 2012-07-01, 04:53   Link #46
Animecentred

Alright so what explanation will suffice this time, 1) the contrived his Reitsu is so high the quincy cannot absorb it 2) Because his Bankai compresses power into him tehy cannot absorb it/ steal it completely 3) Plotkai involving never before introduced information that will be dumped on us.
Old 2012-07-01, 13:15   Link #47
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Maybe because Ichigo lost his bankai before, and then got it back, he's able to hold on to it somehow.
Old 2012-07-01, 16:23   Link #48
Eragon
Still Alive

^ Shouldn't that make it even more possible that he will lose it again?
Old 2012-07-01, 16:34   Link #49
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Well, my line of thinking is that if you get swindled of your bankai one time you're more likely to hold onto it nice and tight so you don't lose it again.

C'mon, I'm rivalling Kubo in my brilliance here.
Old 2012-07-02, 00:15   Link #50
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Come to think of it, in hindsight the title of "The Last Quincy" handed down from Soken to Ryuuken greatly contradicts what we're witnessing right now. So it should be amusing to predict some of the explanations in store for this.
Didn't Ryuuken say he was the 'Only one worthy to bear the title of the Last Quincy'? It could simply be that Uryuu's family have been estranged from the rest of the Quincy for taking a 'live and let live' stance towards the shinigami.

I dare hope there is actually a reason for Ryuuken to tell Ishida to not associate with the shinigami, which could be that his family would be targeted if it was seen meddling.

It was never actually explained what Ishida Ryuuken was trying to protect (Uryuu thought it was money, if I recall), and his grandfather let the question go gloriously unanswered.

Oh who am I kidding, this is Kubo we're talking about.
Old 2012-07-02, 18:24   Link #51
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Didn't Ryuuken say he was the 'Only one worthy to bear the title of the Last Quincy'?
He may very well have. With my faulty memory, I'm sure you might very well be remembering it better than me. So I stand open for correction and I apologize if I may have taken it out of context.

Quote:
I dare hope there is actually a reason for Ryuuken to tell Ishida to not associate with the shinigami, which could be that his family would be targeted if it was seen meddling.
Good point. Perhaps the only question I want answered more than this is why Ryuuken insists on not following his own advice (since he's obviously still in contact with Isshin). Perhaps he makes an exception because for all intents and purposes, Isshin still has remained unassociated with the Gotei 13 despite getting his powers back. Although to be honest, I'm not sure if his identity as a shinigami is still a secret to the Gotei 13.
Quote:
It was never actually explained what Ishida Ryuuken was trying to protect (Uryuu thought it was money, if I recall), and his grandfather let the question go gloriously unanswered.
I forgot all about that. It's an interesting point.

*edit*
The thread for chapter 499 has been created. So do take notice of this fact before discussing spoilers regarding that chapter in this thread.

Last edited by sayde; 2012-07-04 at 00:48.
Old 2012-07-04, 14:22   Link #52
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ri.kenji View Post
You might find this interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatland

In a nutshell, it says that a being of one dimension cannot fully scrutinize a being of a higher dimension.
yeah that is where I got the Idea, well to be more specific. this youtube video series I watched ages ago (Understanding the 9 Dimensions, it was called something like that)

one would have to guess that "ascending" to squad zero and entering the King's "realm" could mean becoming a higher dimensional being like the king..... so many crazy ideas in my head lol

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Closed Thread