AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-09-03, 19:58   Link #1
GuyFreakz
Ojii-san

Who is your fave character designer in the world?!

I'm curious about your most fave character designer. I'm vote myself for Noizi Ito (Shakugan no Shana) and Hishashi Hirai (Gundam Seed). How about you?
GuyFreakz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 20:30   Link #2
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Umakoshi Yoshihiko - Has done great work in Mushishi and Beserk. He seems to add a little touch of realism to his characters which I like.

Shakeh Haghnazarian - Worked on Samurai Jack, Dexters Lab, Powerpuff girls, etc. He has a unique touch to his simplistic style and all his characters are usually very unique.
He has a very stylized cartoon style.

Andrew Smith - Worked on Courage the cowardly Dog. The grittines and sometimes creepy touch he adds to the cartoony style is a big plus in my book and he does it so well.

Sadamoto Yoshiyuki - FLCL and Neon Genesis. Well I loved the abstract wackiness of his designs in FLCL and Neon Genesis just had great "real" looking characters.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 02:35   Link #3
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Naru Nanao (DC Da Capo, Sola, ef, Canvas 2) - A pioneer of modern-day bishoujo art, designs are always simple and always easy on the eyes.

Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (Evangelion, FLCL) - Again, a pioneer of the "moe" art style that remains dominant today. Evangelion revolutionized anime in several regards, character design is one of them, thanks to Yoshiyuki-sensei. He also gets brownie points for being the only person to draw Ayanami Rei competently consistently, IMHO.

Yabuki Kentarou (Black Cat, To Love Ru) - His manga/anime draw a huge portion of popularity from brilliant character design. Many of them are popular enough to be recurring (Eve, Kyouko). Not a pioneer by any measure, but are among the great artists with the likes of Oh! Great, Noizi Itou, Akamatsu Ken
Old 2008-09-04, 13:46   Link #4
Xvoki

Satoshi Urushihara get's my vote. I love artistic style of his characters. Sadly his work is largely ignored by the mainstream due to his “Hentai” connections.
Xvoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 04:26   Link #5
stelok
I My Me Strawberry Eggs

Send a message via ICQ to stelok Send a message via AIM to stelok Send a message via MSN to stelok Send a message via Yahoo to stelok
My favorite anime Character designers:
1. Maki Fujii (I My Me Strawberry Eggs)
2. Masahiro Aizawa (Moon Phase)
3. Hisashi Abe (Gunslinger Girl 1st season)
4. Takuya Saito (Macross Zero)
5. Megumi Ishihara (Fate/Stay Night)
stelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 14:13   Link #6
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Hands down it would be Oh! Great (Air Gear and Tenjho Tenge)

You would find it difficult to find more detailed and more awesome character designs for a manga. IMO
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote