Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-15, 00:58   Link #101
kamikazex

same i'll probably watch this anyways.
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 07:56   Link #102
*Tamaki*

Can't wait to see the 2nd episode (waiting for the RAW to download it)

Raven <3
*Tamaki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 13:25   Link #103
LKK

Spoiler for ep 2:

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 17:52   Link #104
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Spoiler for ep 2:
*gawks* Together?

Dammit, I need to get home FAST and see this ED!!!

I'll support you in that lawsuit case.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 18:56   Link #105
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
I was not planning to watch this anime AT ALL, I thought I had enough ongoing series to watch already *points at sig*. The only reason reason I even got to watch it was because I wanted to test something about my download speed, and for a quick download, I downloaded the low quality rmvb version of episode 1 (was first on the list). After testing what I wanted, I was like "I downloaded it so let's watch it, wth" and did.

Well, I'm pretty glad I did xD. I found the story going on to be quite interesting and the character designs are pretty cool so right now I'm downloading the HQ version of the episode. One more anime to watch =)
Old 2008-10-15, 19:02   Link #106
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
Spoiler for ep 2:
Spoiler for :

Quote:
Spoiler for ep 2:
Spoiler for :

Quote:
Spoiler for ep 2:
Spoiler for :

Oh I can't wait for subs to understand the episode better xD So many parts had confused me x_x

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2008-10-15 at 19:50.
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 19:47   Link #107
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
*gawks* Together?

Dammit, I need to get home FAST and see this ED!!!

I'll support you in that lawsuit case.
You know, when I wrote my ep 2 spoiler post, I wondered whether I should have included a disclaimer in it. So to clarify things...
Spoiler for ED scenes:

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-10-15, 19:50   Link #108
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
You know, when I wrote my ep 2 spoiler post, I wondered whether I should have included a disclaimer in it. So to clarify things...
Spoiler for ED scenes:
Thats not how I saw it *shot*
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 19:59   Link #109
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
ROFL . . . the thought of the bishies together in bed like that are . . . ROFL!!!
Old 2008-10-15, 20:39   Link #110
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Quote:
Spoiler for ED scenes:
I just realized that when I read Sensei's quote, I thought it'd be kinda hot having them all in bed together... ... *shoots self*

Gah! I've been around you guys too much...You all have made me stand too dangerously close to the edge *teeter-totter*...

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-10-15, 21:32   Link #111
loltan

4chan had a thread calling the characters Shirley and Schneizel. I came here, but so far I'm not getting the good vibes... maybe it'll work out if I actually watch an episode...
loltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 21:49   Link #112
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by loltan View Post
4chan had a thread calling the characters Shirley and Schneizel.
Why would they call the characters Shirley and Schneizel? I don't understand.

Old 2008-10-15, 21:52   Link #113
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
Why would they call the characters Shirley and Schneizel? I don't understand.
Most likely because of their hair color or general appearance.

But for me, I see Edgar as a Tamaki of Ouran look-alike xD While Lydia is your . . .typical pretty heroine >_> *doesn't like Lydia*
Old 2008-10-15, 21:58   Link #114
musouka

The ending song is pretty terrible, but the imagery makes up for it.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 21:59   Link #115
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-pyro View Post
While Lydia is your . . .typical pretty heroine
What sets Lydia's appearance apart from the typical pretty heroines that I've seen is her hair. It's not this full mass of hair. It's almost like she has ribbons for hair. They're very individual streams, not a collective mass that only separates at the edges. It makes Lydia more distinctive looking for me compared to the typical look. I'm coming to appreciate the look although at first it bothered me a bit.

Old 2008-10-15, 22:01   Link #116
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I liked ep2 more than ep1. I'm not keen on the kiddy-show vibes in the way the cat is portrayed, but maybe this show is actually going somewhere. Darn it, since I have far too many shows to watch this season.

Edgar seems to me a dangerous but attractive hero. Then again, I like Kaname in Vampire Knight, too. The final ED scene is okay by me. And LKK is right...
Spoiler for ED:
I love the character designs of both Edgar and Lydia. He has a sprung-steel delicacy, and she has a sort of faerie strength. I don't find the animation anything to write home about, but it's okay.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 23:56   Link #117
Julius Firefocht

I am watching this in the hopes that Lydia (Nana Mizuki) will get herself a man-harem of bishies by the end of the show.
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 00:03   Link #118
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
What sets Lydia's appearance apart from the typical pretty heroines that I've seen is her hair. It's not this full mass of hair. It's almost like she has ribbons for hair. They're very individual streams, not a collective mass that only separates at the edges. It makes Lydia more distinctive looking for me compared to the typical look. I'm coming to appreciate the look although at first it bothered me a bit.
I'm hoping that she'll keep that strong stance she showed in the 1st ep. against Edgar. I like female heroines who are not afraid to stand up against their male counterparts - it also makes the romance between them all the sweeter.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-10-16, 00:49   Link #119
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
I agree that Lydia's hair makes her distinctive from other heroines I actually like her design I just don't like her character . . . all started with my impression on her from episode 2 >_>
I think I have something like a curse with anime leading ladies that have brown/caramel/hazel/lightbrown hair + green/amber eyes x_x I've never appreciated any leading lady with that kind of appearance x_x Putting the physical appearance aside, they usually, if not always, have a trait or attitude that annoys the hell out of me x_x
I hope Lydia will be more decent for me next episode. She wasn't that bad at the first episode x_x The list of leading ladies that I hate is already too long xD Don't make it longer, Lydia ^^; haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Firefocht View Post
I am watching this in the hopes that Lydia (Nana Mizuki) will get herself a man-harem of bishies by the end of the show.
As for me, I totally hope that it WON'T happen x_x I am so sick of reverse harems. A leading lady that is treated TOO special can be annoying sometimes >_>
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
I'm hoping that she'll keep that strong stance she showed in the 1st ep. against Edgar. I like female heroines who are not afraid to stand up against their male counterparts - it also makes the romance between them all the sweeter.
Oh I hope so as well. I like strong females. And their romantic moments will definitely be sweeter xD Kyaa!
Old 2008-10-16, 02:49   Link #120
Yushi

I'm glad this anime has made it clear who Lydia would end up with (or at least be the closest to). I hate anime where the girl/guy can't make up their mind till like...the last few episodes, aka breaking everyone's hearts.
Gah I just dislike harems, especially the 'loser guy with 6 attractive girls crazy about him' type.
Yushi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shoujo