Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-05-14, 16:32   Link #201
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrul View Post
I still could not find scans for the 6th volume
They're easy to buy on Amazon JP. The books cost about US$7.00 apiece, but the shipping can be expensive.

See http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4048915576
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 18:07   Link #202
blade82

it'll be great amrul if you could help rpapo with the translation
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 11:05   Link #203
amrul

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpapo View Post
They're easy to buy on Amazon JP. The books cost about US$7.00 apiece, but the shipping can be expensive.

See http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4048915576
Thanks for the link. Yes, it's the shipping that makes me reconsider getting the book. I will have to wait until I get the chance to go to Japan myself, or ask my friends there to buy it for me when they are planning to come back .

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
it'll be great amrul if you could help rpapo with the translation
Yes it'll be great, but I'm not confident with my translation skills (both languages are not my native language, but practise makes perfect) and I don't have the time for now.
amrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 00:35   Link #204
l.kostas

Quote:
So, I will indulge in a little bit of educated speculation of my own:
Spoiler for Banri's accident:
Spoiler for Banri's accident- bridge:
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 04:55   Link #205
rpapo

Nice try, but that is not the bridge in question. Look here and here. Though the author has said she has taken some liberties in her portrayal of both Shizuoka and of Tokyo, so some divergence from reality is possible. For instance,
Spoiler:
Old 2013-05-20, 01:12   Link #206
csuree
The Most Hated™

I have the liberty of supposing the outrageous theory (well that sounded stupid ) that the culprit behind Banri's accident is Linda herself.
possible evidences:
-1: He was waiting for her. Anybody else would have ignored Banri even if he listens to music(a total stranger would not go near another stranger just to push him off). Linda probably wanted to play a prank on him and it went terribly wrong.
-2: Because he did not drown, the person who caused the "accident", jumped after him to save him.
-3: If I were guilty of doing this, I too would have tried to distance myself from him, so I would not be reminded of my crime every time I look at him.

Well it is only speculation, but I think it is reasonable.
Old 2013-05-21, 05:13   Link #207
amrul

Quote:
Nice try, but that is not the bridge in question. Look here and here. Though the author has said she has taken some liberties in her portrayal of both Shizuoka and of Tokyo, so some divergence from reality is possible. For instance,
Spoiler:
For somebody to inadvertently push him over, I think it doesn't make sense. The bridge itself is 2.7 metres wide. Even a mid-size saloon car can pass without having him off the bridge (provided the car goes slowly, and of course the real bridge doesn't allow cars to go over it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
I have the liberty of supposing the outrageous theory (well that sounded stupid ) that the culprit behind Banri's accident is Linda herself.
possible evidences:
-1: He was waiting for her. Anybody else would have ignored Banri even if he listens to music(a total stranger would not go near another stranger just to push him off). Linda probably wanted to play a prank on him and it went terribly wrong.
-2: Because he did not drown, the person who caused the "accident", jumped after him to save him.
-3: If I were guilty of doing this, I too would have tried to distance myself from him, so I would not be reminded of my crime every time I look at him.

Well it is only speculation, but I think it is reasonable.
Well he is waiting for her answer. But she arrive a bit later from the promised time (see chapter 4 v2 or last part of the manga chapter 20).

Point 3 doesn't really make sense . If she really is the culprit, she would not have to approach him while in college.

One thing that feels off is that how the mangaka picture the bridge. I always have the impression that the railings are high enough for one to lean on it, and in the story I always imagine that Banri was leaning on it while waiting. In fact, from the picture the railing is so low that if you suddenly lose balance while walking, jogging, or cycling, you could easily end up on the rocks or in the river.

Chapter 4 of the novel did not really describe what happened precisely, so it's still a mystery. He just suddenly felt that the earphone got pulled back and that's it, off the bridge. Probably it will be revealed later. So far the prologue in volume 5 only reveals his recuperation process and encounter with linda (which makes him decide to go to college in tokyo).

Reminds me of the second volume of Kara no Kyoukai, where Shiki wanted to kill Kokuto, but suddenly the scene changes and she ended up in hospital for two years (it was revealed anyway as the story progressed).

Last edited by amrul; 2013-05-21 at 05:29.
Old 2013-05-21, 05:20   Link #208
rpapo

Well, I don't think we'll get many spoilers for a while from my translation . . . the two of them are too busy being lovey-dovey right now. 8-)
Old 2013-06-08, 17:34   Link #209
vg166

Quote:
Well, I don't think we'll get many spoilers for a while from my translation . . . the two of them are too busy being lovey-dovey right now. 8-)
Thanks for the translation of the LNs and yeah, so far it looks like Banri and Kouko are quite the couple. I'm more on the Banri/Linda side but since most of the characters have issues, I see craziness happening no matter who goes with weho.

I wonder if Linda was the one who first saw Banri after he got knocked off the bridge?
vg166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 12:14   Link #210
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

So I just started reading the manga. Does the light novel and manga differ? I keep hearing about Banri's ghost but I don't see him in the manga.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 12:24   Link #211
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
So I just started reading the manga. Does the light novel and manga differ? I keep hearing about Banri's ghost but I don't see him in the manga.
It's in the manga. you should clearly look.
setsuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 13:02   Link #212
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsuna86 View Post
It's in the manga. you should clearly look.
From what I've seen, Banri's Ghost is only hinted at in the manga. He's strongly suggested in chapter 6, both in the description of how Banri lost his memory, and then in their conversation about a "guardian angel".

Also, look at the start of chapter 7.
Old 2013-06-14, 13:31   Link #213
amrul

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
So I just started reading the manga. Does the light novel and manga differ?
From my point of view, the storyline is pretty much the same, except small differences in the details, like some part is skipped in the manga. But it doesn't really change the story substantially.

But one thing that I really notice (and enjoyed very much) is the approach in the manga. The mangaka improvised quite a lot, from imaginary illustrations (the novel only provided descriptions), to humorous approach. So most parts that seems very quite serious in the novel, are made to be funny in the manga (I laughed very hard at some point )

So, if you like a rather humorous approach, the manga is more suitable. The light novel provides very detailed descriptions, and quite less humor (more on the serious side).

As for me, I read both
Old 2013-08-14, 02:58   Link #214
AdventSleeper

I'm a bit late to jump on this one.

Just finished volume one, and do expect the eventual love triangle. It's gonna tear me apart deciding which pairing I will support...
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 22:18   Link #215
rickiminato

in the novels
kouko have feelings for banri?
Old 2013-08-22, 23:11   Link #216
bulukan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiminato View Post
in the novels
kouko have feelings for banri?
they are dating
bulukan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 18:48   Link #217
rickiminato

volume in which they start dating?
Old 2013-08-23, 18:56   Link #218
rpapo

Quote:
I have translated the first and second volumes, and just under 40% of the third volume so far. A lightning summary of their relationship:
Spoiler:
Old 2013-08-24, 01:05   Link #219
amrul

Quote:
Quote:
I have translated the first and second volumes, and just under 40% of the third volume so far. A lightning summary of their relationship:
Spoiler:
As the progress of the relationship up to volume 5...
Spoiler:

as for volume 6 and 7, I think something happened to the relationship (unsure whether it's good or bad). But that has to wait 'till the translation is available, or at least until I get my hands on the book.
Old 2013-08-24, 01:33   Link #220
finalfury
Incognito

Are there any developments with Chinami later in the series?
From what my gut is telling me, she feels like a "wild card" character, and I also think for some strange reason that she might be interested in Banri or Kouko.
Edit: This is a very well written story and many thanks to rpapo for translating this.

Tags
college, dengeki bunko, love triangle, romance, school life, shounen