AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-12-02, 15:07   Link #4641
Kuze

The internet is a ocean, and we're the islands where the "flotsam" washes up on. The pictures just so happen to fall in our lap!

(vote against SOPA for the love of everything)

Anyways, I missed something: How Isis wakes up Touma and Lily.

Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 15:08   Link #4642
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^I guess that scene was covered up for the sake of decency xD!

(By the way, what's that SOPA thing?)

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 15:24   Link #4643
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Remembering at how Cypha claimed to be a "founding member" of the Huckebein Family i at least expect some backstory of her and Curren.
If she is one of the founders, surely there's a reason for joining for the other members. Maybe I can be described as follows:

- Arnage: friendship
- Cypha: just because
- DeVille: order
- Veyron: pleasure
- Stella: parent
- Fortis: pride
- Curren: troll and cloud cuckoo landing

Well, at least something like that.

Quote:

Yeah, I like that too.

And well, the SOPA aka Internet Censorship are the laws that apply throughout the United States to protect IP from piracy. This rules is deemed to have snatching the freedom of Internet users in the U.S. If you live there, and if ever truly realized, then you're finished. Your freedom for interneting is taken out.
Old 2011-12-02, 15:37   Link #4644
LostSome

Curren, Veyron and Cypha are the founding members.
Can`t say about Deville...
Fortis, Arnage are probably too young. Stella is too young for sure, the Hucks were around seven years ago.

As for why they got together... The bomb in the head of the others is a pretty good reason not to go with Vandin for me.
Sorry, but I think that their backstory is probably strongly link to the other bad guys and as we get to know them, we`ll learn more on the Hucks.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 15:37   Link #4645
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Quote:

I updated my signature

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 15:44   Link #4646
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane View Post
If she is one of the founders, surely there's a reason for joining for the other members. Maybe I can be described as follows:

- Arnage: friendship
- Cypha: just because
- DeVille: order
- Veyron: pleasure
- Stella: parent
- Fortis: pride
- Curren: troll and cloud cuckoo landing

Well, at least something like that.
Sounds plausible, i just wonder how Curren and Cypha meet, we know how dastardly and smugging Cypha is but she's pretty calm and respectful towards her leader, maybe Curren manage to get under Cypha's skin at some during the former's early days as an EC infected?

Fortis seems to be in it because of his twisted idealism(remember how upset he was by Tohma's descision of saving other people instead of himself) and yeah he seems to be very pridefull about it.

Veyron seems similar to Cypha in that he seems to be attached to Curren to some degree, also the mistery of his absent original Divider comes to mind.

I¡'m pretty sure Arnage was a lonely girl angsty about her infection until the Huckebein family took her and give Arnage a warm home and a new purpouse in her new life. She's the only one that so far sounds honestly convinced of what she's saying about being a family and wanting to help Tohma.

Deville seems to be the more simple of the team, he maybe is pragmatic enough to accept his new destiny without making a fuss about it and saw convenient to hang out with Curren's gang.

I pretty much agree with you in that Stella probably is the most recent member and adopted Curren as her mommy and thus being willing to follow her commands. Her last name "Irvine" is another mistery, tough. I guess we will get a shock when someone else with the famili name "Irvine" entres the scene or is mentioned.

Quote:
And well, the SOPA aka Internet Censorship are the laws that apply throughout the United States to protect IP from piracy. This rules is deemed to have snatching the freedom of Internet users in the U.S. If you live there, and if ever truly realized, then you're finished. Your freedom for interneting is taken out.
Oh yeah, i don't live in the U.S. but i wish luck to you guys since that law can also bring consequences to other countries if approved.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-02, 15:45   Link #4647
Zero Hurricane

See that signature? That's how the rules effects.

NOTE: Sorry for my Out of Topic posting, but this is the truth
Old 2011-12-02, 15:58   Link #4648
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Here's the controversial Force NEXT of this month, sorry for the quality xDU

Spoiler for crappy quality:

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-02, 16:03   Link #4649
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... I fail to see how that's controversial, unless you're using your insane troll logic again.
Old 2011-12-02, 16:05   Link #4650
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
... I fail to see how that's controversial, unless you're using your insane troll logic again.
I'm not the only one this time, i wouldn't be calling this image controversial if i where the only one talking about it. Read the previous page Rising-kun xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-02, 16:08   Link #4651
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So yes, insane troll logic. That's not controversial. The current series of NEXT imagery depict scenes, rather than equipment specs. So what? Nothing states that Signum absolutely must fight Cypha again.
Old 2011-12-02, 16:09   Link #4652
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Because that way they can show off two new designs. Ya know, the entire purpose of Force NEXT.
Both of them are hardly new at this point. Hell, Cypha and Arnage have both been in it twice before, so it's not like that's a rule.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 16:11   Link #4653
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
So yes, insane troll logic. That's not controversial. The current series of NEXT imagery depict scenes, rather than equipment specs. So what? Nothing states that Signum absolutely must fight Cypha again.
As painful as that statement was, i agree with you. I'm sticking to the pluasibility of that image being just a depiction of the battle in Ch. 9. The only thing stating that Signum must fight Cypha again are the hearts of some of her fans who wish to see her being badass again. The mock battle with Tohma helps a little but right now she only managed to be cool, not Badass.

Signum escaped her doom and become an "ok" character now, hope she manage to be an awesome one again.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-02, 16:25   Link #4654
LostSome

Seriously, after her little fight with Thoma...
If I were Hayate, I would tell Signum to take a breather from active duty for a while.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 19:00   Link #4655
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Both of them are hardly new at this point. Hell, Cypha and Arnage have both been in it twice before, so it's not like that's a rule.
I meant new relatively new. The fact is that they're both Force Next designs and the purpose of Force Next is to show off Force Next designs. Signum has yet to get a Force Next design so why would they show her fighting Cypha?
Old 2011-12-02, 19:31   Link #4656
Justin_Brett

Yeah, why would they spoil-

Oh, wait.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 20:05   Link #4657
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Yeah, why would they spoil-

Oh, wait.
At least one thing is for sure.

Laevatein was left intact. Which means Signum will mostly probably put her hands on one of those hideous AEC weapons XP

C'mon Shari! there's still time, 5th Gen, 5th GEN!

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-02, 20:51   Link #4658
Zero Hurricane

As long as her life doesn't drift away to the sky, Levantine will never be destroyed.
Old 2011-12-02, 20:56   Link #4659
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
As long as her life doesn't drift away to the sky, Levantine will never be destroyed.
I think that phrase work better backwards:

"As long as Laevatein isn't destroyed, her life won't drift away to the sky"

As long as she still have her trusty sword on her hands Signum is a fearsome adversary but if you manage to get rid of her weapon she suddenly becomes an easy prey. I guess that's what happens when you suffer from Crippling Overspecialization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
Seriously, after her little fight with Thoma...
If I were Hayate, I would tell Signum to take a breather from active duty for a while.
Another possibility. Contrary to the expectations, Laevatein didn't receive any kind of upgrade and the AEC equipement already showed to be inferior to Armed Devices in terms of power and durability, plus we also have the possibility of Cypha being defeated by someone who's not Signum. Considering all of that, there's really very little usefull stuff for her to do in this season so it wouldn't be a surprise if Hayate retire her from the mission effectively putting her on a bus.

Signum's only real connection with this story is her feud with Cypha, aside of that she didn't have anything significant to do here.

EDIT: Thinking about it, it will be at least an interesting side story or at least an opening for possible fanfictions depicting what happens with her during that time. Maybe following what Koveras said, Signum take advantage of her vacations to go on a training trip in order to sharpening her sword, body and spirit in order to return prepared to withstand the evolution of warfare without losing her escence.

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2011-12-02 at 21:38.
Old 2011-12-03, 07:43   Link #4660
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I think that phrase work better backwards:

"As long as Laevatein isn't destroyed, her life won't drift away to the sky"

As long as she still have her trusty sword on her hands Signum is a fearsome adversary but if you manage to get rid of her weapon she suddenly becomes an easy prey. I guess that's what happens when you suffer from Crippling Overspecialization.
Almost any member of the main cast will be "crippled" when their devices are taken away. It's the downside of having a tool you rely on to perform optimally, your performance suffers when it's taken away. That does not, however, make having a tool inherently bad. Take away airplanes and the modern human infrastructure collapses on a near global range, does that make using planes bad?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga, nanoha force