5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-03-10, 16:36   Link #81
Blaat

Grandpa McKenzie character design based on Cecily's grandfather from F91 right? It was bothering throughout the entire episode till hit it me near the end.
Old 2014-03-10, 16:46   Link #82
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It's interesting in some ways how the Trans-Am system worked in Gundam 00 without being annoying while the RG System has been a frustrating gimmick that I'll be glad to see gone when the series is over. Ways to go against it, counters, actual drawbacks to the Trans-Am while RG is an instant win button that has no downsides unless you use it after your unit has been nearly destroyed.
That's because the Trans-Am made Exia and Kirios faster and more agile while it made Dynames and Virtue more powerful. It had more diversity.

The RG System is suppose to increase SBS's mobility, but so everything it's used the battle just turns into fisty cuffs...
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 17:01   Link #83
Desruprot
Has Shining Fingers

Quote:
Actually I'm pretty sure it does. The Absorb System and Discharge System have a relationship in that you need one to use the other, but those systems are distinctly separate from the RG System. If Sei means they will beat the Exia with the RG System he means they'll beat it using the Build Knuckle.

It's interesting in some ways how the Trans-Am system worked in Gundam 00 without being annoying while the RG System has been a frustrating gimmick that I'll be glad to see gone when the series is over. Ways to go against it, counters, actual drawbacks to the Trans-Am while RG is an instant win button that has no downsides unless you use it after your unit has been nearly destroyed.

Not much of a G Gundam fan? God/Burning Finger was a large part of it. Although I guess he learned something new at the end.

Overall good episode, dont see a speed battle that often.
Desruprot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 17:12   Link #84
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

To see Trans-Am in all its oh so epic OPness was worth the 22 episode wait. I've really missed that system in action. Now I'm feeling motivated to experience 00 all over again.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 17:42   Link #85
Death Usagi
Banned

If I remember correctly, I thought RG System puts a strain on the Gunpla after usage?
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 17:44   Link #86
kuroihikari2

IIRC it makes the gunpla more fragile, particularly the parts where the Plavsky particles are made to flow more, like the Joints. A glass sword effect.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 18:01   Link #87
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nope

It's only vulnerable at maximum power output, and that was from plavsky overload not outside damage, otherwise it's still an invincible I WIN button
Old 2014-03-10, 18:01   Link #88
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
If I remember correctly, I thought RG System puts a strain on the Gunpla after usage?
A detail forgotten after the fight against Fenice thanks to plot armor.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 18:23   Link #89
kuroihikari2

It's vulnerable to strain during RG mode activation, and the degree depends on how much the output of RG mode is set, as stated during the battle against Fenice.

And no, nothing was forgotten. During the fight against Nils, the SBS's arm was shattered by the Plavsky Hakken. Compare that during the fight against Greco where the Tallgeese Heaven remained relatively intact after taking the Hakken.

It IS a glass sword technique, and the only one really who really was able to match its offensive output straight on was Ricardo. Mao ran out of weapons, Nils lost through outside intervention, and Aila had a talent which made her easy prey to the Build Knuckle.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 18:52   Link #90
Blazer-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroihikari2 View Post
It IS a glass sword technique, and the only one really who really was able to match its offensive output straight on was Ricardo. Mao ran out of weapons, Nils lost through outside intervention, and Aila had a talent which made her easy prey to the Build Knuckle.
More or less this. The only main "problem" is that we haven't been reminded of its Gunpla strain after Ricardo's fist-cuff. Also, for SOME reason, Reiji prefers Build Knuckle over using it with his Beam Sabers, which was actually kinda cool when he first used it against Ricardo. After that, he always throws out his sabers before going RG, something I never fully understood.

But this is Meijin Yuuki we're talking about. For all we know, he might chop off Build Strike's hands within the first few minutes of the fight.
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 19:14   Link #91
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Shame we didn't get to see what gunpla Patrick was using even though he lost.

Nonetheless great episode, seeing deliciously sexy Exia fight again was a treat, and hell yeeeeeeeeeeah F-91 got some nice service too!

Aila in just a towel, damn sunrise nice choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
What an AMEIJING Epieode!
Nice one.

Dem cameos too. Next ep will be like some Gundam Valhalla...
Old 2014-03-10, 19:17   Link #92
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Amazing ep with Amazing Exia
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 19:19   Link #93
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Julian lost because Tatsuya had the newer and better machine, plus 3-years of rust.

The F91 wasn't even properly maintenanced as Mao mentioned the worn-out joints.

But Julian's F91 Imagine is so badass that it stayed in one piece after the battle ended.

Being Gunpla, PPSE must have figured out a way for Trans-am with no time limit.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 19:49   Link #94
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

YUUKI, YOU MUST WIN! TRANS-AM MUST WIN BEFORE THAT CRAPPY RG SYSTEM!

By the way, is the Orb (GN Condenser) only for show now?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 20:08   Link #95
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Not to mention Julian's rusty, he's been out of practice for three years.

Which just makes him more dangerous. He was able to match Meijin at SIX TIMES THE PASSION despite a three year break. If he gets back into the competitive world... next year he's definitely an opponent to be on the lookout for.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 20:09   Link #96
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Which essentially makes him Ribbons Almark. Creepy.
Old 2014-03-10, 20:10   Link #97
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Honesty I want to see the match between Meijin and Reiji/Sei ended by a Build Knuckle just to see rage here for the LOl of it.

Back to main topic, Aila is saying that she is staying with Reiji, yeeessssss! This most likely guaranteed Aila to be taken to Arian with Reiji(Be responsible for your word Reiji and since Aila is a orphanage, there will be no obstacle stopping her to do so). Discharge Aqua mode is saved for this moments, looking forward to see what it is.
Old 2014-03-10, 20:13   Link #98
Skye629

Quote:
Except Exia Dark Matter only has 1 GN Beam Gun and 2 GN Vulcan and its main weapons being 2 GN Swords...

Just like with Nils and his Sengoku Astray, if he doesn't use any long range weapons, Star Build Strike's Absorb System is screwed =w=;
You misread my paragraph, read it again

In very basic terms what I said was that Yuuki might INTENTIONALLY shoot at the Build Strike to fight it at its full potential with his Meijin mindset that he has to overcome the strongest enemies/opponents at their best

Quote:
Except Setsuna will become disappointed once it turns into Dark Matter D:
Nah, its still a Gundam

Quote:
Was a great episode. Right up to the point where they declared it'll be Trans-Am vs. RG System...thank you series for killing any anticipation for this rematch against Yuuki Tatsuya. This was probably the last great battle we're getting in the series.

Of course no surprise that Sei's Mother quickly agreed upon hearing Aila's backstory. No way she could send that girl out to the streets with nowhere to go. I'm sure it wasn't fun going through her history, but it worked out situation wise for Aila. Plus now Sei's mother has someone else to tease so it's all good .
Annnnddd, what WERE you expecting? Most people saw it coming from a mile away

And the mom is like Isshin from Bleach, feed him/her a sad story and they'll take you under their roofs lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivredia View Post
Seeing Exia just makes me wanna rewatch 00 again, the battles were just awe inspiring back then. Hopefully RG Knuckle won't appear again, the fight this episode showed how lackluster the other semifinal was.
If you really think its not going to appear again you are gonna be heartbroken
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 20:43   Link #99
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

This is one those rare cases where I actually am rooting for the the other guy instead of the protag. I am so hoping that Yuuki tramples Reiji & Sei in the final. I'm not trolling, I'm really hoping he wins in the end. I think it'll also do good in breaking down the cliche that the protag always gets his way in the end.

Kinda like when you side with the bad guy because he's more charismatic or likable than the good guy.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 21:03   Link #100
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

To be fair there are no good guys or bad guys. And there's nothing wrong with 2nd place - Takeshi was 2nd place too...

Inb4 reveal that Takeshi lost to Lt. Ral.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote