AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-04-11, 09:34   Link #6761
GNWeapon
On Trial

Hello all (1st post here.)

Question: I need some help on some color "translations" and stuff related.

I believe the red color (1st from left top row) azuki bean color 60% + wine red 40% and the brown color (1st from right top row) mahogany 80% + cocoa brown 20% [Correct me please if I did get the colors wrong.]

So, regarding those 2 colors azuki bean and cocoa brown colors, I can't seem to find either on the Mr.Color charts. Anyone care to give me a hand?

Thanks.
GNWeapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 14:59   Link #6762
GNinjaK

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unknown Ace View Post
When trying to fix a loose joint, NEVER EVER use glue of any kind. The best thing to do is to put a dab of paint on the male section of the loose part, connect the joints, let it dry a little, and try moving it. This'll fix your problem most of the time.

As for your Crossbone bad luck, is your second one an authentic Bandai kit? Crossbone is a relatively new kit, and therefore shouldn't have any problems, especially with the snapping part. I don't own one, so I can't be sure.
I didn't glue the joint, it was the forearm like two pieces in the forearm to make it the full forearm. The joint was higher up where I superglued. It is an authentic bandai kit, when I opened up the plastic I just noticed a piece was missing.
GNinjaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 17:21   Link #6763
Like_Clockwork

wrong order issues...eh idc

So this is kinda weird. I ordered the Freedom gundam from gundamstoreandmore.com and when it arrived (like 10 minutes ago) I actually received the Aile Strike Gundam . This doesn't bother me at all since I wanted that one more in the first place. Just thought that I'd share my experience with GSaM with people.
Like_Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 19:32   Link #6764
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNinjaK View Post
Hello, I'm new but I was wondering if anyone has had problems with MG Cross bone Gundam Full cloth? Besides the little skull and cross bone piece. I have 2 Full Cloths one had a really bad accident the forearms were not staying in place decided to use super glue and it made the joints stick they moved but after a few hours they harded tried moving the arms and they snapped I've built tons of MGs but I've never had to get a replacement before >_< ...The other kit just feels funny, pieces aren't connecting like the tiny piece (don't know what its called) that connects the foot to the leg. Pieces of the full cloth aren't connecting, and I was sort of lucky since I already had the 1st broken one but the kit was missing one of the foot guards. Did I just get bad luck with my cross bones or are they all the same?
I just built a Full Cloth 2 weeks ago, the skull on the head is really fragile, but there is an extra one on the runner. I have to admit, some parts are really weak cuz the detail and mobility it is pain in the ahole to pose it. forearm do you mean the armor part where there is white/red and purple near the hand?? ya it is a bit weak I thought about glue them since they are not in way of joins. As for joint issues, I have yet encounter one, but i guess what you can do is apply a layer or 2 of putty, let it dry. then sand/carve to desired point. I think that should work. I also had some problems with the 2 cloth piece by the chest, they don't connect really well with the cockpit piece. Sorry homie I guess you just have bad luck with the kit.
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 19:35   Link #6765
Shiro-Oh!
Previously Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like_Clockwork View Post
So this is kinda weird. I ordered the Freedom gundam from gundamstoreandmore.com and when it arrived (like 10 minutes ago) I actually received the Aile Strike Gundam . This doesn't bother me at all since I wanted that one more in the first place. Just thought that I'd share my experience with GSaM with people.
LOL! I've been buying my stuff from GSaM for more than four years now, and never had I encounter such a problem (not yet ). I'm pretty sure they'd exchange it for you if you contact them; they have good customer service.
Shiro-Oh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 21:15   Link #6766
Judge Bao
Environmental Engineer

Does anyone have any idea if the HGUC Sazabi will have the funnel sticks just like the Jagd Doga? I notice the price is pretty expensive, so I hope they'll include it.
Judge Bao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 22:43   Link #6767
Critias

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unknown Ace View Post
LOL! I've been buying my stuff from GSaM for more than four years now, and never had I encounter such a problem (not yet ). I'm pretty sure they'd exchange it for you if you contact them; they have good customer service.
This happened to me once, so I called them. They apologized, and they offered to send me the correct item, as long as I returned the incorrect item (which they would be paying for), or I could keep the incorrect item, and they would send me the correct item for half the price.
Good customer service, mistakes happen.
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 23:11   Link #6768
beamknight87
Gold Saint

Just finished separating and packing the parts for the Unicorn legs and feet. Found interesting that the feet seem like a scaled down version of those of the PG Strike.
Also, the number of pieces required for the legs is huge. I think none other Gundam has these much pieces for that
beamknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 23:21   Link #6769
xblackoutx
Street Artist

Send a message via MSN to xblackoutx
Is anyone that lives in sydney, australia on here that could tell me if there is a shop in the city that sells gundam models?

Last edited by xris; 2008-04-12 at 03:03.
xblackoutx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 00:05   Link #6770
Like_Clockwork

well i've heard about gsam's great customer service, but i don't really care since i wanted the strike gundam more
Old 2008-04-12, 00:13   Link #6771
GNWeapon
On Trial

Question: I need some help on some color "translations" and stuff related.

I believe the red color (1st from left top row) azuki bean color 60% + wine red 40% and the brown color (1st from right top row) mahogany 80% + cocoa brown 20% [Correct me please if I did get the colors wrong.]

So, regarding those 2 colors azuki bean and cocoa brown colors, I can't seem to find either on the Mr.Color charts. Anyone care to give me a hand?

Anyone care to help out please?
Old 2008-04-12, 04:36   Link #6772
EXEs
Hallelujah...

@GNWeapon: Go to 4chan's /m/ or /a/ for more responses.
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 05:39   Link #6773
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critias View Post
This happened to me once, so I called them. They apologized, and they offered to send me the correct item, as long as I returned the incorrect item (which they would be paying for), or I could keep the incorrect item, and they would send me the correct item for half the price.
Good customer service, mistakes happen.
correct item on half price?? I will take it lol...
how much is their shipping ??
I am getting my stuff from hobbywave.com recently
they are pretty fast with sending orders, and fedex has a great order tracking system, except the site doesnt get new products fast enough
Old 2008-04-12, 07:24   Link #6774
GNWeapon
On Trial

What's 4chan?
Old 2008-04-12, 07:54   Link #6775
EXEs
Hallelujah...

The best place of the internet!!! There are tons of people just wanting to help you, and any questions/problems you might have! They're really great, friendly people, you'll love them!

Seriously, never heard of 4chan? Heard of Googling though amirite?
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 10:22   Link #6776
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Well, that's the problem with Bandai's colour guides. They sometimes list colours that do not correspond to the both Gunze colour charts. What I do is get a shot of the subject, then I would start to mix the colour using the myriad of colours I have amassed over the years of modeling.

If all else fails, Gunze is not the only manufacturer of hobby paints. You still have Testors, Vallejo, Tamiya, Andrea, etc to pick from.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 13:56   Link #6777
Like_Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrana View Post
correct item on half price?? I will take it lol...
how much is their shipping ??
I am getting my stuff from hobbywave.com recently
they are pretty fast with sending orders, and fedex has a great order tracking system, except the site doesnt get new products fast enough
When I ordered from hobbywave...well tired to...I ran into an error with this ENT password thing. It was really dumb, did you have to go through this? Also did it allow you to register because it wouldn't allow me.
Old 2008-04-12, 17:30   Link #6778
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like_Clockwork View Post
When I ordered from hobbywave...well tired to...I ran into an error with this ENT password thing. It was really dumb, did you have to go through this? Also did it allow you to register because it wouldn't allow me.
I dont remeber if I had the password problem or not but i ended up registering.
they got a pretty nice user interface. both times I ordered item on Friday or weekends and the order is processed by monday. Just try it again, also the payment page has some problem with firefox, you have to re-enter the shipping address again.
Old 2008-04-12, 18:35   Link #6779
Shiro-Oh!
Previously Unknown

Hobbywave is a pretty decent online store. Prices aren't too different from GSaM, which I consider to be relatively cheap compared to most US-based online stores. The only thing I don't like about the store, however, is their flat rate shipping of $10 bucks. Sure, you can save a lot when you buy a bunch of kits, but personally, I don't buy a whole lot of kits like that at the same time. So, yeah, it doesn't work for me. >_<

As for GSaM's shipping rate, they have it listed on their Store Info & Policies. Not too bad, IMO.
Shiro-Oh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 18:58   Link #6780
Like_Clockwork

hmmmm well maybe next time I order I'll try hobbywave again, but I started my Aile Strike today and I'm progressing slowly but surely. I'm definitely taking my time

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy