AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-04, 10:03   Link #481
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
I think it'll be amazing if Milan turns out to be an unorthodox hero. This might sound confusing but hear me out. I know he gives off the suspicious aura and has the 'evil' flag all over him. But I feel like he'll support protagonists, not only in crucial times but in general. I think it might be the first time I'm actually encountering this type of character.
He won't necessarily fit in the 'bad guys becoming allies' or 'temporary alliance' or one of those villains 'who had no choice but to do evil for a noble goal'.
In other words, this guy will do everything that, from our point of view, is contributing to our heroes, but his appearance, demeanor, and existence itself is scary as hell.
Hope I made sense to some of you... Oh and this is not a spoiler of any sort. I'm just saying what I feel this guy is like.
Old 2010-08-04, 12:08   Link #482
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
I think it'll be amazing if Milan turns out to be an unorthodox hero. This might sound confusing but hear me out. I know he gives off the suspicious aura and has the 'evil' flag all over him. But I feel like he'll support protagonists, not only in crucial times but in general. I think it might be the first time I'm actually encountering this type of character.
He won't necessarily fit in the 'bad guys becoming allies' or 'temporary alliance' or one of those villains 'who had no choice but to do evil for a noble goal'.
In other words, this guy will do everything that, from our point of view, is contributing to our heroes, but his appearance, demeanor, and existence itself is scary as hell.
Hope I made sense to some of you... Oh and this is not a spoiler of any sort. I'm just saying what I feel this guy is like.
Someone get Draco his leather pants...
Old 2010-08-04, 12:59   Link #483
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
As much as i like the series Ferris beatings are actually becoming quite tiring. Its like in every scene now for the most absurd reasons and how her sister has joined in on the beatings.

Other than that episode 5 was strong we have started to see Sion slowly but surly realize that changing a country is harder than it seems and that you must keep your allies close and keep your enemies even closer. The dethrone faction will use any means to cause him to lose face and try to bait him into making a mistake or showing weakness.

This new character is interesting it seems he will become the shadow of a shadow surrounding Sion and carry out his dirty work behind the scenes. Although i dont think Sion is going to walk that path yet his facial expressions and his tone were different than the norm. Its very easy to lose your path in grief and strife lets see if he can keep it together.

I just wish i knew more about Ferris and if there is more driving her than just her orders from her brother and dango's
Old 2010-08-04, 17:19   Link #484
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
That girl in Ferris's picture book explanation looks strangely happy to be molested by the wolf.

Is she implying something? > : )
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 19:00   Link #485
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
That girl in Ferris's picture book explanation looks strangely happy to be molested by the wolf.

Is she implying something? > : )
Im starting to think Ferris is a closet perv. She comes up with scenarios most of us would never dream of and she has visuals. You know what they say the more someone denies something or tries to push it off on others well..........
Old 2010-08-05, 16:32   Link #486
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

~as promised, the link's gone~

Last edited by Renegade334; 2010-08-06 at 01:56. Reason: 2chan thread link removal.
Renegade334 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 16:36   Link #487
Ichijo

I think that this series should throw away Sion\Shion's side of the story, or at least most of it, and focus on Ferris and her partner.
Ichijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 16:41   Link #488
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichijo View Post
I think that this series should throw away Sion\Shion's side of the story, or at least most of it, and focus on Ferris and her partner.
Negative sir Sion's part is not a side story and the Ferris and Ryner story is a direct result of his. You cant tell one part without the other the story will not preceed correctly. Sion's actions are need to progress the story since his actions actually dictate what the other 2 do.
Old 2010-08-05, 17:27   Link #489
Ichijo

I said "his side of the story, not side story".

I think he already fulfilled his purpose by explaining why Ferris and the mage went to search for the relics and providing needed backstory and motivations.

I don't see how his undercover fighting with those nobles is so important (or interesting for that matter) that he takes so much of the screentime.
Ichijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 17:29   Link #490
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I don't see how his undercover fighting with those nobles is so important (or interesting for that matter) that he takes so much of the screentime.
He hasn't really taken so much screentime, i mean the pair had a lot of focus in the first episode, and that was set before the fifth episode.

I'm sure the focus just changes now and then, that's all.
Old 2010-08-05, 18:42   Link #491
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
I said "his side of the story, not side story".

I think he already fulfilled his purpose by explaining why Ferris and the mage went to search for the relics and providing needed backstory and motivations.

Did it not occur to you that you haven't seen enough of the "undercover fighting with those nobles" to understand why it's important? You're not supposed to be able to understand where everything fits five episodes in, because if you do, why watch any further?
Old 2010-08-05, 19:09   Link #492
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Dude, that's how politics WORKS, in a story which is focusing on the well being of a country it's seriously important. Then again, I never understand how people find politics boring, it's so much stranger than anything fiction can come up with.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 19:20   Link #493
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
No wonder Ferris is so strong with a poker face, she's a robot that bleeds WD-40!
Spoiler for size:
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 19:37   Link #494
pampz21
ShipCore

yes yes and yess!!! awesome fighting scene made me think that Ryner's not really serious! and finally an Ryner x Ferris fanservice

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 22:19   Link #495
JediNight
キズランダム

Milan seems like that one guy from LOGH that was always serious and seemed like he had his own agenda that was a general for the Imperials.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 22:57   Link #496
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Damn feel bad for Fiole. Such a good guy and gets killed off like that. Definitely changing a country is damn dangerous for those around you. Though with Sion taking in Miran I have to wonder what he's thinking. He isn't actually planning to go with the 'conquer the continent' plan is he? I mean sure technically one big war to create a massive Empire would lower your dangers of being attacked by the numerous countries around you, but that still means sending more people to die.

Anyways tough journey for Ryner . Those sisters really will be the death of him sooner or later.
Old 2010-08-05, 23:06   Link #497
pampz21
ShipCore

Question for pv 6....who's the other 2 girls on the pv?....Milk is really in love with Ryner huh...

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 23:34   Link #498
Hypernova

Weird thing about Milan: how come he doesn't know of Ryner and Ferris? You would think that someone of his ability would have done his home work.
Old 2010-08-06, 00:21   Link #499
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Weird thing about Milan: how come he doesn't know of Ryner and Ferris? You would think that someone of his ability would have done his home work.
They are supposed to be on a secret mission.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 01:01   Link #500
Hypernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
They are supposed to be on a secret mission.
While it's reasonable that he doesn't know they are there. What I mean is he's not aware of the who they are at all. I would assume Ryner at least to have some infamy with the underside of society. Milan observed him using multiple magic yet can't think of someone in his country who can do the same?

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen