AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-06, 07:32   Link #2401
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I believe it's safe to assume that Fudo knows everything.

"Everything ?"

"EVERYTHING ."
Well, final villain tends to know everything...oh wait, Fudo is final villain?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 07:38   Link #2402
mayumi

There is also the ending lyrics when yunoha and alicia- who I think jin will replace, says story ended before it can begin. I think ep 12 and 13 have to do with them. Foreshadowing what might happen with mikono and kagura.

Which goes back to apollonius and celiane never meant to be even if they loved each other alot.

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-03-06 at 08:01.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 07:49   Link #2403
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I believe it's safe to assume that Fudo knows everything.
It seems that he can knows whatever he sees. Just like on #7 when Donar asked why he could know about Radius Gniss and its ability, he said he knew because he sees it

His Element power is to access Akashic Records? XD
Old 2012-03-06, 08:06   Link #2404
miketyson

kuromitsu: that's a good point about Donar. Has he explicitly confirmed what Zen and Crea have said is why Aquarion went berserk, or just gone along with it? I seem to recall he told his story, Zen and Crea explained why love is a problem, but he himself neither confirmed nor denied that explanation.

He might also just might be a pragmatist, and know that cracking down harder would do more harm than good.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 11:20   Link #2405
ReddyRedWolf

In the OVA Apollo and Silvia were so into each other they destroyed the world. The reason why there are three vectors is that the third pilot's bond with the other two is supposed to keep the other two from destroying everything.

If love is the bond between Apollonius/Apollo and Celiane/Silvia, it is the bond of friendship that connects all three pilots.

Which is why Apollonius/Apollo's catchphrase is lets go my friends.

Fudo here is getting them to learn that for themselves.

On another note I figured out why women crossed over to Altair either die or are disabled.

Crossing over is basically Teleportation. In Aquarion there is a stated risk to a pilot's mind and body during teleport change.

Hence a strong female Element can cross over. Which suggest the True Eve could be just any strong female Element that can survive the dimensional teleportation.

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2012-03-06 at 11:45.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 16:21   Link #2406
kuromitsu

This one is for you theorists...

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out earlier, but watching episode 10 I noticed something in the scene where Jin shows Cayenne his eyes.

Jin's eye.

Cayenne's eyes.

First I thought I was seeing things (GET IT?? HA HA HA) but then I remembered something and watched the OP... and there it was: Kagura & Amata.
Nah, I thought, this must have something to do with the lighting. Or not...?

Amata and Kagura from ep 1-2. (Let's just ignore that warning down there... ^^;;; )

More Jin. Izumo.

Group shot of Zessica, Mikono, Amata and Cayenne. And Shrade 'cos he's pretty.

Random Vega girls... and random Altair boys.

Sometimes it disappears but that's probably an animation hiccup because it's always back in the next shot, and even when it's missing there's a clear difference in the pupils.

And here's where it gets really interesting: Alisia and Mykage. (OK, Mykage is the odd one out in many ways, being an Angel and all, but still.)

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-03-06 at 16:40.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 17:35   Link #2407
mayumi

so, ep 14 title - 14話運命の三ツ星

triangle confirmed?

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1924
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 17:43   Link #2408
miketyson

kuromitsu:you mean the "nike-swoosh look" versus the "radial lines" look? If so, the breakdown seems to be: women + Altair-people get the swoosh, Vega-males get the radial lines, and Schrade is hard to read...is that what you meant? Ohhh, you mean how Altair-people have the "hollow" pupils and Vega-people have normal black-dot pupils?

mayumi: I thought that's what I heard them call those rocks they smashed Kagura into in the first episode, too. Anyone else remember that?
Old 2012-03-06, 18:13   Link #2409
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Ohhh, you mean how Altair-people have the "hollow" pupils and Vega-people have normal black-dot pupils?
Yep - the pupils of Altair people are not quite hollow (IMO that's just an animation mistake) but either white or downright "shiny", while at Vega people have the usual full/black dots. The only exception is, so far, Mykage who has "Vegan" pupils, but he's not human so it may or may not be relevant.

Quote:
mayumi: I thought that's what I heard them call those rocks they smashed Kagura into in the first episode, too. Anyone else remember that?
Yep, they said it in the ep where Jin played puppet master. They're a group of three large asteroids called "unmei no mitsuboshi".
Old 2012-03-06, 18:18   Link #2410
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

I don't reaally get what are you trying to note, kuromitsu, but in any case, It's mostly because art design and election in how to apply colour at those designs. Same as why usually characters have a complementary colour bright and shade in their eyes.

edit: oh, well, now I see what you mean and definitely I think it's a matter of detail in making easier those designs and so, imho.
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 18:38   Link #2411
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Yep - the pupils of Altair people are not quite hollow (IMO that's just an animation mistake) but either white or downright "shiny", while at Vega people have the usual full/black dots. The only exception is, so far, Mykage who has "Vegan" pupils, but he's not human so it may or may not be relevant.

Yep, they said it in the ep where Jin played puppet master. They're a group of three large asteroids called "unmei no mitsuboshi".
Oh get it, you can use the eyes of the characters to tell whether they are from Altair or Vega.

Characters from Vega have a dark pupils, while characters from Altair consistently either have white or no pupils at all.

I think that its just a way to clue the audience in on where the characters come from.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 18:45   Link #2412
miketyson

It's consistent enough it seems to be a real thing, but it's interesting that other than perhaps Mykage (imho he has "hollow pupils" at least in that pic...) there are no surprises. If they're going to go to that much trouble you'd think they'd use it to hint that *someone* isn't who they seem to be, but no dice among the major cast.

So despite that cool find -- really, it's a cool find, I doff my cap to you, kuromitsu -- the only "eye clue" we have about someone's origin is that Amata's eyes have that hot-pink color Jin's grunts got after Mykage mind-warped them...but that could just be for style reasons, because it's a good pink with Amata's hair color and skin tone.
Old 2012-03-06, 18:57   Link #2413
kuromitsu

Quote:
It's consistent enough it seems to be a real thing, but it's interesting that other than perhaps Mykage (imho he has "hollow pupils" at least in that pic...) there are no surprises. If they're going to go to that much trouble you'd think they'd use it to hint that *someone* isn't who they seem to be, but no dice among the major cast.
I don't think the eye thing is supposed to be some huge hint (otherwise they would've made it more noticeable, or a character would've commented on Jin's eyes, at least), but if it's indeed intended to be a way to show who is from where then it's a pretty clear evidence that Alisia and Amata are from Vega and not Altair. (Which brings up a number of questions, most importantly the ever-present one about cats. I guess Amata never talked to anyone about animals...)

And I kind of wonder if Altair people's eyes actually glow in the dark or something. That would be pretty cool.

Btw, Mykage's pupils are not "Altairian," as seen here. (Yes, I went a bit screenshot-happy with him...) The clue is that even when they seem full (lighting, animation, etc) they don't have the white/shiny stuff that Kagura, Jin, Izumo, etc. have. Then again, he's a different species to begin with.

Quote:
the only "eye clue" we have about someone's origin is that Amata's eyes have that hot-pink color Jin's grunts got after Mykage mind-warped them...but that could just be for style reasons, because it's a good pink with Amata's hair color and skin tone.
I thought the grunts' eyes had a much more reddish hue than Amata's eyes...

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-03-06 at 19:08.
Old 2012-03-06, 19:16   Link #2414
miketyson

You're right on Mykage's eyes. The grunts I thought had brighter pink somewhere but I guess not.

Alisia and Amata's origins are really hard to make convincing theories about.
Old 2012-03-06, 19:31   Link #2415
Vena
Carpe Diem

If Amata isn't from Altea but is from Vega, then that really brings up the question of "cats" vs. all animals, where Amata seems to know what is and is not a cat. It also brings up the question of Alicia (who I still think is his mother, and his real wings still make me think that he's part angel <-> which we can't rule out purely by eyes as Mykage's semi-Vegan).

Let's see, peculiarities as of now:
Alicia is from Vega but is also Altea's goddess.
Amata is from Vega, he has some connection to Alicia and saw her leave.
Amata had wings that he ripped off from his feet.
Amata seems to know the difference between what is and is not a cat.
Amata has no smell.
Amata has a stalker pet robot.

Did I forget anything else? Nothing is ruling out Alicia being his mother (she was quite a few years older in his flashback when she disappeared), but who is his father? Mykage?
Old 2012-03-06, 19:40   Link #2416
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Alicia is from Vega but is also Altea's goddess.
Well, she's very popular at any rate, but she doesn't seem to be worshipped, she's more like an idol... I mean, white bloomers. XD (Speaking of deities, what is Mykage supposed to be the head priest of? Himself?? o_O Technically he's pretty close to being a deity...)

Quote:
Amata had wings that he ripped off from his feet.
He still has them. He tried to rip them off but the feathers were pretty clearly there in the dogeza ep, and also when he flew off with Mikono on his back. I guess normally they're dormant and only appear fully when Amata needs to be really dramatic. (I mean, we haven't seen his ankles since that childhood flashback, we only know that they're bandaged.)

Quote:
Amata has a stalker pet robot.
I still want that spinoff, dammit.

The cat thing may or may not be important (so far it's really just a running gag ^^;; ).
Old 2012-03-07, 00:07   Link #2417
preciously123

Thumbs up

Didn't really watch the first series but I did fall in love with the soundtrack. This episode made me fall in love with Pride-Nageki no tabi. Hmm now I'm wondering what scene they'll use the "sousei no aquarion" song.
preciously123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 01:55   Link #2418
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Okay! I just wanted to share those and now I actually type a response and my thoughts about how the Amata and Mikono's pairing seems to be swerving heavily into the friend zone .....(I'm happy for that.) It could just be me but it sure seemed like it! or how I fell in love with Jin and the JinxYunoha Pairing which is kind of disturbing since I found the fan arts before this episode, equally disturbing....were they psychic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Check this out -- I got a hold of sample images for the artwork in the ed...that have the proper colors on them

Okay, I got blessed by an image fairy today, so I'm sharing them with you. Spread the love

These were vectored & recolored based on the sample images above

Preview Image

With the backgrounds

Renders/Extractions
Thumbs

Edited version of Apollon (The original render had Sylvie's hand in it so it was removed)

V2

Random Amata screen shot that has been recolored--

Do you think I should just upload all of the images I posted, in one post so you don't have to search the thread? Does anyone even care?
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 01:59   Link #2419
Mangaka-chan

Does anyone know if it's known what are the characters' official age (or if that's even been announced?)? I'm asking because someone on a Chinese forum said Jin is 14 and Yunoha is 15, can therefore making Yunoha a shotacon.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 02:12   Link #2420
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
Does anyone know if it's known what are the characters' official age (or if that's even been announced?)? I'm asking because someone on a Chinese forum said Jin is 14 and Yunoha is 15, can therefore making Yunoha a shotacon.
One year difference a shotacon does not make, besides a shota is less of an age status and more of a physical build and 'Arkbar' is definitely not a kid
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction