AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-28, 01:57   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Character Discussion - Araragi Tsukihi

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Tsukihi Araragi related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Monogatari Series fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 02:41   Link #2
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Tsukihi is an interesting character for me. You can't really tell if she's good or bad. She says that she is on the side of good but at the same time I feel like she'll sell out her allies to protect herself. (Family aside)

It's really hard to define what kind of character. She is since is able to give good advice in a calmly fashion. However at the same time she let's her emotions get away from her and will strike you down if you do wrong.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 15:46   Link #3
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Well I haven't read the books yet only watched the anime, but that bathroom scene has given me some things to think about...
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 22:26   Link #4
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Well I haven't read the books yet only watched the anime, but that bathroom scene has given me some things to think about...
She's emotional and quick on her feet. Actually quite alike another character in this series.
Old 2012-02-28, 22:39   Link #5
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

That first line when she intrude in Karen and Koyomi's "tootbrushing session". Did she fake her accent? Or it's just to show that she's so shocked that she can't speak clearly?
Old 2012-02-28, 22:43   Link #6
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
That first line when she intrude in Karen and Koyomi's "tootbrushing session". Did she fake her accent? Or it's just to show that she's so shocked that she can't speak clearly?
She was so shocked she went into Kansai mode.
Old 2012-02-29, 10:18   Link #7
Shikijin

I was surprised at how much Shaft made Tsukihi look cute. Suddenly I want Nisio to write a book with her as the main character.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 14:33   Link #8
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
I was surprised at how much Shaft made Tsukihi look cute. Suddenly I want Nisio to write a book with her as the main character.
Sorry but I have to disagree, for me, Tsukihi isn't suitable for narrating the story since it would given too much of her character away. Out of the three sibblings, she is the hardest to figure out which is one of her appeals to the audiences. Her berserk button is rather complicate for example during the toothbrush scene. She basically went berserk because a.) She don't want anyone to mess with her clothes not even her sister b.) She hates being left out from the happy toothbrush game. c.) Wants her brother for herself. She maybe a brocon and yet maybe she isn't, so side story of her narration would reveal much of what could be subjected to fans' interpretations.
For me I prefer a side story about Karen since unlike her younger sister she is much more streight forward and better at experessing her true self. I would like to hear her story and how her feelings for her brother progress before, during, and after her arc. I also want to enjoy how she would describe her experience with the toothbrush scene in detail.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 14:16   Link #9
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
She was so shocked she went into Kansai mode.

LOLOL.... Karen-han... Oni-han...

when i heard those accents and saw her black out'd eyes, i ROFL'd...
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 19:21   Link #10
teja208
Critical fanboy

Karen and Tsukihi seems more like pair of twins than regular sisters. Just noticed that Tsukihi addresses Karen as Karen-chan not Onee-chan.
Old 2012-03-02, 01:51   Link #11
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Karen and Tsukihi seems more like pair of twins than regular sisters. Just noticed that Tsukihi addresses Karen as Karen-chan not Onee-chan.
And, oh great, they take this far enough that Araragi comes into their bedroom to see them sleeping together in their birthday suits.
Old 2012-03-08, 18:34   Link #12
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
LOLOL.... Karen-han... Oni-han...

when i heard those accents and saw her black out'd eyes, i ROFL'd...
You intentionally skipped the double 'i' there
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 18:55   Link #13
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
First it was a obviously dangerous, boyish, modern day, Brocom sister.... Now its a potentially dangerous, girlish, Brocom, "old days"sister.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 22:42   Link #14
Myname

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Yea, that episode reminded me of KissxSis somehow... probaly cause Tsukihi looks just like Ako.

Karen's got the pony tail and is atheletic so she somewhat fits the Riko role.

But Tsuki and Ako look very similar.

Well, Ako walking in on Koyomi and Karen doing their fetish play is similar to how Ako walks in on Keita and Riko doing their feitish play.

In fact, toothbrush episode seemed like something straight out of KissxSis. Reminds me of that chocolate lipstick episode.
Myname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 08:22   Link #15
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname View Post
Yea, that episode reminded me of KissxSis somehow... probaly cause Tsukihi looks just like Ako.

Karen's got the pony tail and is atheletic so she somewhat fits the Riko role.

But Tsuki and Ako look very similar.

Well, Ako walking in on Koyomi and Karen doing their fetish play is similar to how Ako walks in on Keita and Riko doing their feitish play.

In fact, toothbrush episode seemed like something straight out of KissxSis. Reminds me of that chocolate lipstick episode.
Appearence wise I don't think those two are similar to Ako and Riko. It is very common in anime to have one sister more girly and another who is a tomboy. Although I can see where you're coming from, but for me it is easier to point out the differences than similarities. Not only Karen and Tsukihi aren't twins, they aren't even older sisters. Toothbrush challenge was also Koyomi's idea, not the other way around, and it wasn't meant to be an incestious activities in the first place. Riko Choco-lipstick OTOH is clearly meant for seducing Keita for the sake of forbidden bro/sis love making foreplay.

You see, KxS is a series which can warp your mind a little as in you will find yourself difficult to percieve other anime brother and two sisters characters in in a non-sexual way. Not that it is wrong as this is just typical thing in Seinen anime, but in this case I think you are mistaken about episode 8 being similar to KxS.
Old 2012-03-19, 20:22   Link #16
Forsaken_Infinity

As far as I am concerned, she is the more interesting of the Fire Sisters. Ambiguity makes her fun. And holy hell is she cute or what. And insanely erotic when she throws a fit too.

I have a question for novel readers regarding her remark as to how unhappy she was that her first kiss got stolen etc. How much of a brocon is she really? Spoil me with future or novel only events.
Old 2012-03-20, 00:22   Link #17
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
As far as I am concerned, she is the more interesting of the Fire Sisters. Ambiguity makes her fun. And holy hell is she cute or what. And insanely erotic when she throws a fit too.

I have a question for novel readers regarding her remark as to how unhappy she was that her first kiss got stolen etc. How much of a brocon is she really? Spoil me with future or novel only events.
She is an incredible brocon. You know how in certain series you sometimes get scenes where a little sister would sneak into her older brother's bed in the morning? Well Tsukihi does that.
Old 2012-03-20, 00:28   Link #18
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
I think she is just more expressive than Karen

Now jokes aside, you guys are wearing incest goggles, nothing explicit happened... many times it was about to and probably will be many time times more close to, but won't... Koyomi is not that kind of pervert
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 02:26   Link #19
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
She is an incredible brocon. You know how in certain series you sometimes get scenes where a little sister would sneak into her older brother's bed in the morning? Well Tsukihi does that.
eh but normal sisters do that. No seriously, they do. It's only weird if they do in a very clearly seductive manner and with definite intention to go over the line. After all, incest is fun as a fantasy because its not all that different from what normal relationships are. It's just a little bit beyond the line. I doubt if Tsukihi would let her intentions be as clear as to definitely conclude that she "is asking for it", so to speak, but what the hell, I will take your word for it anyway. It's more fun that way since this is but a work of fiction.
Old 2013-08-14, 05:28   Link #20
Archaeon

Since Tsukihi is the reincarnation of a supernatural cuckoo, then what happen to the original soul that suppose to be the original Koyomi's sister?

Last edited by Archaeon; 2013-08-14 at 05:45.
Archaeon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters