AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-07-05, 05:58   Link #81
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
They can say all they want but the fact that this series will lack seriousness or any serious plot takes away already one component of a Gundam series, so the only selling point of the series is the different Gundam's from different series in one, and if they don't deliver on that aspect than the show already fails, that's the problem.
That 'why I call it a new line, a different one from the regular.
1. SDs
2. Regular ones (Seed, Unicorn and etc.)
3. Gunpla Builders (BF)

I'm sounding like a broken record here, but I have to give it an emphasis. I'm fine with people not watching the show because it lacks seriousness, the art looks kiddy or they aren't into the gunpla hobby, but as I can see, some will not watch it because it's degrading or they expect it to be like the regular ones which is plainly WRONG.

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 08:01   Link #82
justavisitor

new line or not, all we need to do is to check the show's time slot? If the new series broadcasts at the same (or similar) time slot as 00 or AGE (even tho at the different tv station) and gets all the promotion and attention, then it is difficult not making ppl treat it as a regular series like 00 or AGE

I am already sensing some trouble of this series. What if the staff has all the intention to make it a regular gundam series, but no audience wants to accept this shocking news
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 08:12   Link #83
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Actually, just check it on english wiki and japanese wiki. On both sites, they put build fighter in the same category as Age. They have another category for SD
Hmm?
Looks like it's all categorized in the same list.. As it should be. This is still Gundam and it has the same format. The defference is the network that it's being made for and the target audience.

Spoiler for The list:

Quote:
So, guess this is indeed the newest gundam TV series since Age...even tho they put it on different tv station
It is the newest Gundam show since Age.. Just like how how SD Gundam Force was the newest show in 2004 after SEED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
First off this is NOT SD Gundam, the preview doesn't come off that way at all...Those kids were serious af about hopping in the duel arena xD...

And honestly some of the matchups are gonna be cool...I mean seeing a Turn A mech in today's animation has me turnt up, but as the next prominent series to come out after AGE it is a followup to AGE regardless of it's intention since it's the next Gundam Work...

But if I were to go that deep (which I didn't want to really), it appears to be a calculated progression using a different technique to engage younger and older audiences which AGE couldn't achieve...
You go from a show that was supposed to be serious but with kiddy animation, to a show that's devoid of a realworld "seriousness", with more current animation...
It's in the same line of work as SD Gundam.. Made for the same kids, will face the same competition, at the same network.

Also, let's not act as if this is a bold new move by Bandai. Gundam has been trying to corner the kiddy market like an amateur-pedobeer for the past 10 years.. And so far the kids have given them the middle finger over and over again... Fun fact: one of their least kiddy anime in the last 10 years, SEED, had the highest rating among the under-10 market..

Quote:
I mean some exec said lets let some kids control their Gundam toys to sell more Gundam toys...that's easy money...
That remains to be seen. They are bringing an unoriginal concept to a network (that already kind of has the same show) where they have only known failure so far. I don't smell easy money here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
From what I gathered in their announcement, it seems Build Fighters is supposed to be targeting Gundam fans of all ages. It's not just kids, but they also mentioned older fans who knew about these mobile suits and might want to see them in new battles, as well as something about the female fans. Then there's the thing about Gundam fans consisting of parents and their children.
They have said that about every new Gundam project since SEED. But SEED was the only one that also really got advertised as such.

Quote:
What about for 00 and SEED/Destiny?
SEED ended up capturing a wide demographic, including a lot female viewers, but the producer mentioned that it was not the intention. It was also the millennium project, so they also pumped a lot of money into it. Promo stuff was everywhere.. I was living in Japan back then, so I kind saw it all happen.

00's demographic, from what I understand, mostly consisted of high school and university students, primarily boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I hope they include some 00 designs, and AGE as well. That's what is most exciting to me at this point. Seeing Gundams and MS from various shows all super kitbashed.
I think the guy at the announcement mentioned that BF would only go as far as Destiny. 00 and Age are being ignored for some reason.

Last edited by kaito-kid; 2013-07-05 at 18:37.
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 08:13   Link #84
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
I think I already know the MS for the final boss:

ZZ's head cannon, heavyarm's shoulder with all the missiles, sf's wing, the right arm is holding wing zero's buster rifle, while the left arm is holding 00 qan's bit shield.

Not done yet, the skirt will have the O's hidden arms and the legs will be equipped with if's beam saber

The main character will be yelling "money can't buy championship!!" and takes down the evil MS with god's finger alone...

Come on, do it bandai....XD

kinda like this
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 08:33   Link #85
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
Spoiler for size:
Old 2013-07-05, 08:37   Link #86
justavisitor

Wow, so someone had the similar idea all along XD

Besides the location of the blade (or whatever that is) that is between the legs, I am all sold for this gundam!!
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 08:49   Link #87
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

You know what, I’m afraid Kaizer’s post above will encourage people to post the pics of their favorite Gunpla kitbashes and modifications here. If that happens, this thread will be full of images before the series even started. I myself is still trying to hold back as we speak.
Old 2013-07-05, 12:01   Link #88
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
They have said that about every new Gundam project since SEED. But SEED was the only one that also really got advertised as such.
Well, we'll see. Maybe they will also advertise Build Fighters as such.
Quote:
SEED ended up capturing a wide demographic, including a lot female viewers, but the producer mentioned that it was not the intention. It was also the millennium project, so they also pumped a lot of money into it. Promo stuff was everywhere.. I was living in Japan back then, so I kind saw it all happen.
Considering this is an anniversary project, it might also get a lot of advertising. Well, I suppose SD Gundam Force and SD Gundam Sangokuden Brave Battle Warriors might also have been anniversary projects, but again, we'll see.
Quote:
00's demographic, from what I understand, mostly consisted of high school and university students, primarily boys.
I guess they're not enough for Bandai/Sunrise.
Quote:
I think the guy at the announcement mentioned that BF would only go as far as Destiny. 00 and Age are being ignored for some reason.
If true, it's probably because 00 and AGE are recent series and Bandai wants to sell their gunpla models on their own.

That said, it looks like G is also missing from the logos screen they put up during the anime portion of the announcement.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 13:02   Link #89
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
That said, it looks like G is also missing from the logos screen they put up during the anime portion of the announcement.
Beargguy was present, so at the very least they are not ignoring Gunpla Builders. Perhaps it is in the same timeline.

Maybe.

Okay you can stop starring at me now.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 13:13   Link #90
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Beargguy was present, so at the very least they are not ignoring Gunpla Builders. Perhaps it is in the same timeline.

Maybe.

Okay you can stop starring at me now.
It could be, or it could just mean that Gunpla Builders is just another show/gunpla line within the Build Fighters universe, like Wing and X.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 14:21   Link #91
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

@kaizer: that is freaking awesome *saves*.
Old 2013-07-05, 14:53   Link #92
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

When was the last time Bandai/Sunrise produced a Gundam TV series on a slot that wasn't primetime MBS? Also this is even more blatantly kiddy than AGE. I'm sort of confused by why this isn't getting a huge shit storm like AGE got.
Old 2013-07-05, 15:44   Link #93
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

So...they're only going to include MS all the way up to Destiny? Oh.....ok then.....

*hatred and pure rage builds up inside*
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 16:10   Link #94
I Fail at Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
When was the last time Bandai/Sunrise produced a Gundam TV series on a slot that wasn't primetime MBS? Also this is even more blatantly kiddy than AGE. I'm sort of confused by why this isn't getting a huge shit storm like AGE got.
Cause it's not taking itself too serious and we know what it's intention's are, but if they dont deliver on the kitbash, mobile suit crossover aspect then you can expext to see out rage for wasting peoples time.

Last edited by I Fail at Life; 2013-07-05 at 16:11. Reason: grammar
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 19:56   Link #95
Vsin
Aldracity

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
Cause it's not taking itself too serious and we know what it's intention's are, but if they dont deliver on the kitbash, mobile suit crossover aspect then you can expext to see out rage for wasting peoples time.
Thing is, BECAUSE of the crossover/kitbash, people are willing to cut it some slack.

AGE got slaughtered because it was shipped as the regular Gundam, only reformatted for a younger audience. Meanwhile, people basically overlooked the GPB kiddyness because they got to see crossover fights.

I mean, they'd basically have to slash the animation costs in half (or lower) for people to not at least give GBF a shake of the stick.
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 20:08   Link #96
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If anything, this forum is being somewhat reasonable about the show. From what I've seen, most other forums are condemning BF.
Old 2013-07-05, 20:13   Link #97
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
kinda like this
The pilot got to be a genius....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 20:37   Link #98
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
Do you think BF will a chance against those big shows? I don't watch them so I don't really know, but I have my doubts.. The formula that's being presented here is is as simple as it is unoriginal.
Yugioh has been pretty shit for awhile, both game itself and the anime, and I don't know everything about Vanguard. With right marketing this should could be somewhat popular, but I doubt it will have incredible success. Mainly because Gundam tv show was the main means for marketing Gundam model. I suppose this show can help relate older Gundam models to younger kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
If anything, this forum is being somewhat reasonable about the show. From what I've seen, most other forums are condemning BF.
We are getting Origin in the future, why are people mad? This is not even part of the main franchise.
Old 2013-07-05, 20:38   Link #99
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Because Gundam has a broken, unpleasable fanbase that only gets worse with time. I imagine Origin will draw ire from other parts of the fanbase, the parts that don't care for UC or have been slighted by UC elitists. It's inevitable.
Old 2013-07-05, 21:00   Link #100
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
I'm sort of confused by why this isn't getting a huge shit storm like AGE got.
Your question is already answered pretty clearly some pages ago:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
You know, one of the reasons there was so much trepidation for AGE was because initially, people thought it was a card-game style show like Yugioh due to the character design and information trolls. Even once the true premise was revealed though, the character design plus the series' eventual execution was what turned people away from it.

Build Fighters though unabashedly makes its premise very, very clear from the very beginning: it's all about virtual Gunpla fighting. And, it already has a conceptual prototype in the form of Gunpla Builders, which did see moderate success previously. Another thing: Gunpla is so inextricably linked to the Gundam franchise since its inception that even non-modeller Gundam fans know about it, and many of the fans are Gunpla collectors, whether they've bought only one, or a hundred. Hence, the premise is much easier to swallow despite it being the kind of "kiddy" stuff that people thought AGE initially would be.

Tags
shounen