AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-02, 20:36   Link #1
bghomie

Unhappy who want to cry with me

i just have to post this. i am beyond sadness and anger. i went crazy throughout my house today breaking things n cussing at random people i saw today (while bike riding, walking through store, online...etc). i wonder if any of you people would do that too if your brother deleted about 38 gigs worth of anime off your computer. all the time and effort. right now my head hurts from frustration and anger. my ma said i should have put them on cds. i already used up about 70 cds on anime (only because THAT brother of mine stole some gradually).

then she said, i should have went and bought sum with the christmas money i got (50 dollars) in which i already had to give up 18 for bbal materials, n 4 b/c i owes sum1 and 1 because i was thirsty. she says i knwo how to ride the bus (sure but i dont' knwo where target is n what bus to ride there.. i can't find bus routes on the net.

then she's stubbornly stupid. "stop being negative" she says. dude once u look at the memory on your hd and see that almost all of it is there, you know there is no possibel way to resotre 30 gigs of anime. but the thing that also has my head still spinning is the fact that he deleted my homework too. it was a research project that i speat nearly 16 weeks on that is due in 3 days. i'm going to die hear. writing 10 pages in size 10 font is such a challenge. i'm so mad i forgot waht my project was on. i need a rest,
later
Old 2004-01-02, 20:53   Link #2
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bghomie
i just have to post this. i am beyond sadness and anger. i went crazy throughout my house today breaking things n cussing at random people i saw today (while bike riding, walking through store, online...etc). i wonder if any of you people would do that too if your brother deleted about 38 gigs worth of anime off your computer. all the time and effort. right now my head hurts from frustration and anger. my ma said i should have put them on cds. i already used up about 70 cds on anime (only because THAT brother of mine stole some gradually).

then she said, i should have went and bought sum with the christmas money i got (50 dollars) in which i already had to give up 18 for bbal materials, n 4 b/c i owes sum1 and 1 because i was thirsty. she says i knwo how to ride the bus (sure but i dont' knwo where target is n what bus to ride there.. i can't find bus routes on the net.

then she's stubbornly stupid. "stop being negative" she says. dude once u look at the memory on your hd and see that almost all of it is there, you know there is no possibel way to resotre 30 gigs of anime. but the thing that also has my head still spinning is the fact that he deleted my homework too. it was a research project that i speat nearly 16 weeks on that is due in 3 days. i'm going to die hear. writing 10 pages in size 10 font is such a challenge. i'm so mad i forgot waht my project was on. i need a rest,
later
ok first of all calm down, then i suggest you if you live near new york, go to the Brookln Bridge, go to the guardrail and look down at the dark and cold water. Your mind should be fill with negative thoughts, and you will see the way out.....

jkjk

anyway dont be so negative, 30+g of anime lost arent pretty, but at least you can download them again if you want. be grateful that he didnt trash your computer. As for 70cdrs, the number are nothing compare to a lot of anime fans (I know because I have 3-4 times that amount). just buy a dvd burner

As for your mom she was just trying to cheer you up, so dont be so hard on her.

As for your homework, ask your mom to write you a note, then try to install Norton Undelete to try to save it. This is about all you can do now.
Old 2004-01-02, 20:59   Link #3
Tritium
doaho...

try that system restore shit atleast if you are using XP
Old 2004-01-02, 21:09   Link #4
bghomie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
ok first of all calm down, then i suggest you if you live near new york, go to the Brookln Bridge, go to the guardrail and look down at the dark and cold water. Your mind should be fill with negative thoughts, and you will see the way out.....

jkjk

anyway dont be so negative, 30+g of anime lost arent pretty, but at least you can download them again if you want. be grateful that he didnt trash your computer. As for 70cdrs, the number are nothing compare to a lot of anime fans (I know because I have 3-4 times that amount). just buy a dvd burner

As for your mom she was just trying to cheer you up, so dont be so hard on her.

As for your homework, ask your mom to write you a note, then try to install Norton Undelete to try to save it. This is about all you can do now.

yea i tried the system restore. won't work. yea i knwo it's not much but it's the time. i dont' have time like i use to. too mcuh hw and we are havign basketball games liek 3 times a week now. so my only real time to dl is on weekends but i knwo that's not gona bee there soon b/c i jsut got a job. (i jsut knew i felt some evil forboding back then (new yrs eve aka my lil sister's birthday). my biggest fear is one of the animes i downloaded getting licensed before i get back to where i was origionally.

gee my head hurts, i think i shuld cut my im's off, n these pages. i'm jsut gona restart that research project (lol, o well). right now i shudl jsut flood my head with revenge (muhahahha).

later
p.s. btw, what are these black dots floating aroudn my field of vision
Old 2004-01-02, 21:32   Link #5
lionken07
Well Armed

Quote:
yea i tried the system restore. won't work. yea i knwo it's not much but it's the time. i dont' have time like i use to. too mcuh hw and we are havign basketball games liek 3 times a week now. so my only real time to dl is on weekends but i knwo that's not gona bee there soon b/c i jsut got a job. (i jsut knew i felt some evil forboding back then (new yrs eve aka my lil sister's birthday). my biggest fear is one of the animes i downloaded getting licensed before i get back to where i was origionally.

gee my head hurts, i think i shuld cut my im's off, n these pages. i'm jsut gona restart that research project (lol, o well). right now i shudl jsut flood my head with revenge (muhahahha).

later
p.s. btw, what are these black dots floating aroudn my field of vision
No point in looking back at what have already happened. I was hit by a stupid taxi driver running a red light two months ago in my brand new car. I was totally out of control then but then I think about it hey it could of been worse. And besides its replaceable.

My point is this: crying about it now will not change a thing. Try to recover it is the best way to do it. If not list the animes he deleted and have him download them for you.

last of all, cheer up! tomorrow will be a better day.
Old 2004-01-02, 21:46   Link #6
Damien

Send a message via ICQ to Damien Send a message via MSN to Damien
Well, just re-d/l it, considering an average download rate of 20 kbytes/s with emule or bittorrent, it will only take about 1 month if you never turn your PC off
Old 2004-01-02, 21:58   Link #7
dent
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to dent
With ADSL, you can turn on about 3 downloads, they should go up to max speed (768kbit: 90kbs) and if you turn on your computer 4-5 days you can redownload the 38GB. (around 7GB can be downloaded with 90kbs everytime if I calculated right.) The download speed of most anime is really amazing, I lost 30GB of anime too, but I could never recover some of them. It's very sad thought
Old 2004-01-02, 22:07   Link #8
bghomie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dent
With ADSL, you can turn on about 3 downloads, they should go up to max speed (768kbit: 90kbs) and if you turn on your computer 4-5 days you can redownload the 38GB. (around 7GB can be downloaded with 90kbs everytime if I calculated right.) The download speed of most anime is really amazing, I lost 30GB of anime too, but I could never recover some of them. It's very sad thought

lol, yea, i jsut a friend helping me, she's gona lend me sum her cds also. head still hurts, i jsut opened up 8 bittorrent dls. only 2 are goin fast, the others are kinda slow, lol o well.
Old 2004-01-02, 22:12   Link #9
kamehameha

what u do to ur brother? and why he do it
Old 2004-01-02, 22:20   Link #10
bghomie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamehameha
what u do to ur brother? and why he do it

that's the thing. i dont' know. n he tell sme ( i think it was an accidet). lil liar. i mean we always have the general fight 9"ur such a loooser..." btu that's all. i think he got mad over sumthin like he misplaced one of his break dancing videos n thoguth i deleted it so "retaliated' by deleting my stuff. btu then in the end figured he dl it to the wrong folder n all that crap. he's a bad kid. he shoudl be kiked out this house. he steals and he lies and he's a hipocryt. ask any of my friends what i hate most n it's liars and hypocryts. especially hypocryts, i duno y but i jsut do.
well o well o well o well (meditationg..)

u know, my friend jsut told me my new year is startign off worse than his n he ahs a point to. i think i'm cursed or sumthin. i eman that's too much. then my entire righ tleg is injured, the knee problem i had b4 cmae back, my lower leg bone hursts, i sprained my ankle, i have a swell near oen my veins on my foot, n i think sumthin's broken, liek on th ebone where the arch is b/c i can't touch it to anything. yea n this week is getting too close to monday. yes, definately bad luck, lol
Old 2004-01-02, 22:35   Link #11
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?”ってきかないで

you are actually consider lucky.... my computer crashed once before i could even burn on one cdr. that's more than 70 giz of anime and manga together but cant help it....... so i went to have some1 fix it for me, hopefully he will help me pull back some of the files. and sure he was able to pull out some. but guess wat he did. you know that videomanagemnt thingie program in XP, it came with some sample video clips, along w/ other sample clip and with some word docz and notepad docs....[useless stuff] o.. maybe naruto 24-26 i still have. then he erased everything. that Jerk!!! and I paid him $120 for those shyt he did. so, consider losing.... you are very very lucky. and i am the one who wants to cry back then...... bad memories
Old 2004-01-02, 22:46   Link #12
bghomie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneesama
you are actually consider lucky.... my computer crashed once before i could even burn on one cdr. that's more than 70 giz of anime and manga together but cant help it....... so i went to have some1 fix it for me, hopefully he will help me pull back some of the files. and sure he was able to pull out some. but guess wat he did. you know that videomanagemnt thingie program in XP, it came with some sample video clips, along w/ other sample clip and with some word docz and notepad docs....[useless stuff] o.. maybe naruto 24-26 i still have. then he erased everything. that Jerk!!! and I paid him $120 for those shyt he did. so, consider losing.... you are very very lucky. and i am the one who wants to cry back then...... bad memories

ur right i am, lol. but if i were u i woudl have probably stalked him home then did sumthing real retarded liek key his car n spray his house all over with anime faces n peace signs, lol
Old 2004-01-02, 22:59   Link #13
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
Heh. I acidently lost my brother a load of music a while ago. I actually considered what'd happen if that happaned with my anime.

Well, I thought. It can always be worse.
I have 100 of CD-Rs around while I re-download :P
Old 2004-01-02, 23:00   Link #14
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Get a fucking life.

Why are you sad that you lost 30 gigs of anime? My Harddrive crashed about a week or two ago and I lost 40 gigs of *actual* useful files, now they're gone. I just have to live with it.

Please learn english.
Old 2004-01-02, 23:04   Link #15
Unmei
Tensetsuno Tenshi

You guys all have bad luck lol. But i would be angry and frustrated at my bro for at least a couple of days then get on with living life and downloading more Anime. These things happen, as long as u learn from this incidents, then losing 38 gigs of anime is worth it.

Get on with life!
Old 2004-01-02, 23:05   Link #16
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Well, if you're brave enough, just go get one of those undelete programs and use it to resurrect your entire collection.

And JAppi, that wasn't nice. I've lost lots of stuff and gotten mad too. Probubly haven't gone on a bezerker spree like the thread author did, but close. Oh well. I store about 98% of my stuff on CD as I don't trust HD's with total reliability. Lost too much stuff putting my faith in them.

Trust me, it's better to look like a PC geek with a CD fettish than to loose lots of precious files.

Besides, with CD's selling for $40 a 100 cd stacker (aka 40c each) you'd be kinda silly not to put your entire collection onto cd.
Old 2004-01-02, 23:12   Link #17
bghomie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unmei
You guys all have bad luck lol. But i would be angry and frustrated at my bro for at least a couple of days then get on with living life and downloading more Anime. These things happen, as long as u learn from this incidents, then losing 38 gigs of anime is worth it.

Get on with life!

yea i learned quick fast and in a hurry, lol. never agian.
Old 2004-01-02, 23:13   Link #18
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?”ってきかないで

Quote:
ur right i am, lol. but if i were u i woudl have probably stalked him home then did sumthing real retarded liek key his car n spray his house all over with anime faces n peace signs, lol
favorable idea!!

nah... too lazy to walk... just told my friendz never go to him... just my luck.
Old 2004-01-03, 03:23   Link #19
Thany
Unfair

Anyway, next time, be sure that your brother can't be on your computer when you're not here
Use passwords to protect your computer
Old 2004-01-03, 03:36   Link #20
Thelastguardian

To tell you the truth I trust harddrives more than cdrs for one single reason: If a cdr is made from a below-average menufacturer, there is a chance that the plates are not press strongly enough. This could allow moistures to get in-between the layer and cause oxidation.

Then again I heard equal amount of horror stories regrading hd crashing to hell, so I dont know...