AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2015-03-07, 12:35   Link #56181
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Was just looking through the archives again in regards to Male IS pilots and, pointing back to one of Blitz's rants - it is usually the desire of pairing up with their fav girls.

Which brings me to one little possibility: What if each of these girls have another guy who has a crush on them prior to meeting Ichika? Not pilots or anything but just something that's been pondering in my head. Could be made into comical relief like Cziommer and his Merry Singles in GBF S1...

... or could be made into something much more serious.
Old 2015-03-07, 14:33   Link #56182
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I know dem Ichika pains Meister. More than you'll likely ever know T_T

Uchigane Kabuto helm?
Well not bothered by that any more. The Infinite Stratos let me just cut loose and redo everyone. Although getting a beta/editor willing to cut through and trim my wild ideas helps as well.

Errrrr I don't think a beetle fits a chuuni...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Now you see why I took out the canon cast for Athena...
I also did, but putting the girls in SCHOOL itself really stuffed EVERYTHING up. I've gotten to the point of just touching on things after school when I found that there really wasn't any point. What I was trying to do was far too extensive to isolate even the school.

At least Hyakka Rouran Uchikenger is independent enough and hidden enough (since it is pretty much Infinite Stratos x Most Conspiracy Theories Made Real) to stand on its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- How's this for a suggestion?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magatama

Bonus points if you throw in a few King of Fighters or Last Blade references.
Unfortunately, that already has been used on Uchigane Kusanagi, used by Princess Ai, Samurai of Hibicus.

I have this vague idea of a Uchigane with shoulders remodelled after goth frills, and similar treatment for the skirt thrusters, which would be in line with the extensive remodelling the Relic did to the IS unit. I wonder what famous cursed artefact would fit this chuuni...

...a crystal skull? Or is that too grimdark?

(And please don't suggest a god damn umbrella...)

Quote:
Was just looking through the archives again in regards to Male IS pilots and, pointing back to one of Blitz's rants - it is usually the desire of pairing up with their fav girls.

Which brings me to one little possibility: What if each of these girls have another guy who has a crush on them prior to meeting Ichika? Not pilots or anything but just something that's been pondering in my head. Could be made into comical relief like Cziommer and his Merry Singles in GBF S1...

... or could be made into something much more serious.
This was kinda subverted, as Vandam I hints at Cecily having a crush on Charles Dunois after surviving the whole shebang along with the 3 ASEAN pilots, and revisited when Charlotte reveals her real identity in The Infinite Stratos.

In all honesty, I don't see why any of the main girls before the story are worthy of a crush. Houki is angry, Lingyi is kinda spoilt, Laura is a prick and Charles was a guy. I wouldn't go after any of them!
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-07, 14:58   Link #56183
lovetospoon73

i want to say is this as long as ichika's the only guy that can pilot an IS unit, IS academy will never be right for him
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-07, 19:37   Link #56184
demino_hellsin
That one guy

But isn't a kabuto a traditional samurai war helmet? It's usually just called a kabuto because of the horns designed onto it for intimidation factor.
Old 2015-03-07, 19:41   Link #56185
Frosty
He who loves to sing
*Author

Quote:
But isn't a kabuto a traditional samurai war helmet? It's usually just called a kabuto because of the horns designed onto it for intimidation factor.
It is demi. I've seen a fair share of it.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-07, 20:08   Link #56186
demino_hellsin
That one guy

After reading up Kamen Rider Accel's image song, I can't help but imagine Ichika being a speed demon that only finds joy and freedom in going really really fast.

"I'm shaking off this cursed fate!"
Old 2015-03-07, 21:32   Link #56187
The 48th Ronin

What if Koro-sensei goes to ISA?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-08, 00:02   Link #56188
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Unfortunately, that already has been used on Uchigane Kusanagi, used by Princess Ai, Samurai of Hibicus.
- I'm against suggesting a weapon or any sort because it's already too obvious. Try looking up some other mythical objects for inspiration.

Quote:
...a crystal skull? Or is that too grimdark?
- It doesn't fit IMHO. The skull is just a bit too awkward, and not really all that special. The construction and legend behind it is intruiging but doesn't fit with IS.

Quote:
(And please don't suggest a god damn umbrella...)

Quote:
In all honesty, I don't see why any of the main girls before the story are worthy of a crush. Houki is angry, Lingyi is kinda spoilt, Laura is a prick and Charles was a guy. I wouldn't go after any of them!
- Only Cecilia and Charl can possibly be reasoned out to have some guy they liked before Ichika. And you'd have to be really subtle about how it works. I can possibly see Charl having a male friend prior to being taken by her father. And if you're a talented writer you could probably get away with something like this (I can guess that many lesser writers have already tried).

Cecilia--maybe, but she definitely wouldn't see anyone in a romantic light prior to Ichika. It'd be more like the guy liking Cecilia but she wouldn't even notice him existing.

Houki and Laura are definitely out of the running due to their personalities and history.

Lingyin--maybe she might have met someone when in China, but probably would be the same situation as Cecilia: a guy that likes her but she won't give him the time of day. Considering that she'd already met Ichika prior to going to China this should be pretty much a non-starter.

Last edited by wavehawk; 2015-03-08 at 01:13.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-08, 01:12   Link #56189
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

That's the thinking I have at the moment: Neglected guys. One-way, unrequitted crushes. Initially I thought they could just shed some light on the girls' past, but then I thought maybe they could contribute something that indirectly helps their respective girls at the expense of themselves.
Old 2015-03-08, 01:40   Link #56190
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

As mentioned, only Charl (pre-mom's death) and Cecilia might believably have male friends/admirers prior to IS. Lingyin possible but doubtful. Laura is completely out of the realm of possibility, and Houki---well, seriously could there have been ANY male classmate that Houki wouldn't have beat the absolute living tar of if they even -hinted- at liking her?

Also, given how Kanzashi's story arc turned out, I'd put her in the "No male admirers" category too.

Which actually brings up one other possibility: Tatenashi. She could possibly have an admirer somewhere. And oh hell, THAT would be one hell of a story arc to tell...(what kind of man would even start to get Tatenashi's interest?)

...I had to ask. (bang head on wall for even SUGGESTING a crossover)
Old 2015-03-08, 02:15   Link #56191
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Oh you mean THAT Kabuto. Yes its already included in the armor tiaras they all wear. Although I now have an idea to stylize a Phantom of the Opera type half-mask that looks like a magatama for her when she appears to the other rangers as Engel Rosenburg.

Quote:
After reading up Kamen Rider Accel's image song, I can't help but imagine Ichika being a speed demon that only finds joy and freedom in going really really fast.

"I'm shaking off this cursed fate!"
Unfortunately Ichika just can't pull off a "What awaits you at the goal... is Despair."

Quote:
- I'm against suggesting a weapon or any sort because it's already too obvious. Try looking up some other mythical objects for inspiration.
There's quite a variety, but Ai uses all 3 imperial regalia as her equalizers as did her ancestor Himeko, and the one before her. Hence why it can't be anything else. Plus the blue ranger is through and through Ame-no-Habakiri, so Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi was the matching name.

Quote:
- It doesn't fit IMHO. The skull is just a bit too awkward, and not really all that special. The construction and legend behind it is intruiging but doesn't fit with IS.
Hyakka Rouran Uchikenger is a story where I took IS and mashed it with every single myth and conspiracy made real. Like the Imperial Family armed with Black Helicopters and backed up by ninjas from the Johonbu using ancient alien technology they took from everyone over the years INCLUDING the Nazis, including one magatama made of alien metal-based bacteria that Tabane stole, copied then marketed as IS. A group with edgy relations to SHIELD of the US at best that is constantly pondering if its already been infiltrated by Phantom Task. The story that begins with the rapid implosion of both SHIELD and the Johonbu leading to ancient artefacts managed/transported by these bodies misappropriated and the Uchikengers having to reclaim them before they are activated and turned into monster of the week a threat. All while trying to work out why Tabane seems to be involved in everything going wrong.

That weird The Secret World concept I then disguised with idols and power rangers. I feel bad writing it but boy is it so fun.

It fits the setting but I agree the Skull has not enough frills and wings to fit a chuuni idol ranger.

Quote:
- Only Cecilia and Charl can possibly be reasoned out to have some guy they liked before Ichika. And you'd have to be really subtle about how it works. I can possibly see Charl having a male friend prior to being taken by her father. And if you're a talented writer you could probably get away with something like this (I can guess that many lesser writers have already tried).

Cecilia--maybe, but she definitely wouldn't see anyone in a romantic light prior to Ichika. It'd be more like the guy liking Cecilia but she wouldn't even notice him existing.

Houki and Laura are definitely out of the running due to their personalities and history.

Lingyin--maybe she might have met someone when in China, but probably would be the same situation as Cecilia: a guy that likes her but she won't give him the time of day. Considering that she'd already met Ichika prior to going to China this should be pretty much a non-starter.
Considering I don't really want to overdevelop Char, I'd might try for the Lingyi angle, since she's actually the one with the least skeletons in the closet.

I think maybe this is better for you guys to do it. My story is bloated as it is for Lingyi. Dealing with her old man in the PLA, another ossan in Australia (), and her ninja mom in her own story arc counts as a heck of development.

After all, its not always romance, and the families of these girls, wew, so much plot to milk.

Quote:
That's the thinking I have at the moment: Neglected guys. One-way, unrequitted crushes. Initially I thought they could just shed some light on the girls' past, but then I thought maybe they could contribute something that indirectly helps their respective girls at the expense of themselves.
Tatenashi would have the silent male, stoic, Russian backer. You wouldn't even guess that he's liking her, but he's always there in the background.

You know what would be even better? Tatenashi liking him back. You can twist her words to Ichika as a subtle warning that she's already taken, after all.

You could even argue that this Russian bear is similar to Ichika, pretty idiotic at daily life, kind of socially awkward, but damn good at what he does for a living. Ichika reminds Tatenashi of this bear and also fulfils the role the bear plays while at the ISA.

Possible plot: Ichika finally going FUCK THIS and confesses, then Tatenashi turns him down. LOL

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2015-03-08 at 02:26.
Old 2015-03-08, 02:19   Link #56192
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

If its about other guys having crushes on the haremettes, that's not that far-fetched. Anyone can get a crush on anyone else for the simplest or even weirdest thing.

For Houki, I imagine that some of the younger guys might crush on her simply for having that 'older girl' vibe (as long as she doesn't get flustered). Some guys her age or older might like her for her chest but that's about it...

Lingyin has that pushy younger sister vibe. If she didn't try to swat people with her IS arm, she'd be much cuter. Slightly tomboyish in the way that she's comfortable around guys but she doesn't act that way around anyone but Ichika so that's a moot point. I don't think Lingyin would get a lot of crushes other from people who think she's cute in her modelling photos.

Cecilia could get a fair bit more (in her own country), but she'd shoot them all down and then some. She saw virtually all men as either weak and undeserving, or scheming to get after her money. So, admired from afar, but not even close to talking with her.

Laura....

Charlotte ... Probably didn't have many boys even figure out that she was a girl, or that she talked to a lot of people in general before going to ISA. Another big moot point.
Old 2015-03-08, 02:30   Link #56193
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

LOLOLOLOLOL...

Lingyi's potential admirers, since I usually cast her as acting boyish but still much cuter when not around Ichika:

1. Rival at Kung Fu cooking contest
2. Fellow trainee at martial arts school
3. A trooper from the PLA
4. A Certain Masochistic Ossan?
5. Another guy from their kindergarten.

...harem potential!! MAXIMUM SEINEN!!
Old 2015-03-08, 02:43   Link #56194
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
It fits the setting but I agree the Skull has not enough frills and wings to fit a chuuni idol ranger.
- You could go with a Frilled Lizard pet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frill-necked_lizard

Quote:
another ossan in Australia ()
- ~~~HEY!

Quote:
, and her ninja mom in her own story arc
- Ninja mom? Did I miss something somewhere?

Quote:
After all, its not always romance, and the families of these girls, wew, so much plot to milk.
- Rinny: "..'milk'..." (looks at her own chest, starts having those Yandere Glazed Eyes of Murder again)

Quote:
Tatenashi would have the silent male, stoic, Russian backer. You wouldn't even guess that he's liking her, but he's always there in the background.

You know what would be even better? Tatenashi liking him back. You can twist her words to Ichika as a subtle warning that she's already taken, after all.

You could even argue that this Russian bear is similar to Ichika, pretty idiotic at daily life, kind of socially awkward, but damn good at what he does for a living. Ichika reminds Tatenashi of this bear and also fulfils the role the bear plays while at the ISA.
- Vladimir Putin approves of this plot twist.
Old 2015-03-08, 03:07   Link #56195
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Wild cores:

Name: Advance
Image color: White with black highlight
Image song: Giant Step from Kamen Rider Fourze
Specialty: increased physical abilities

Name: Flame
Image color: crimson red with golden yellow and electric blue sparks
Image Song: Leave all behind from kamen rider W
Specialty: speed and fire

Name: Unrivaled
Image color: orange
Image song: Raise up your flag from kamen rider Gaim
Specialty: Strength, toughness and precise swordsmanship

Name: Burn Up
Image color: black and blood red
Image song: Free your heat from kamen rider W
Specialty: strongest and toughest of all wild cores. Body generates energy which can be channeled into power. Unchanneled energy is released as heat.

Revisiting an old idea. I'ma make 3 more.
Old 2015-03-08, 03:24   Link #56196
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Revisiting an old idea. I'ma make 3 more.
-
Name: Sakura Trick
Image color: Pink and Black
Image song: Ride The Wind from Kamen Rider DeCaDe
Specialty: Imitates the abilities of all the other Cores. Essentially a result of fusion of all the other Cores.

...what? You didn't think I'd do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon
...harem potential!! MAXIMUM SEINEN!!
- That would be a hell of a spinoff. Rinny's own personal harem of men...we'll call it <IS> Infinite Shenlong Works

...and the fandom rejoiced:
Old 2015-03-08, 03:38   Link #56197
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
- You could go with a Frilled Lizard pet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frill-necked_lizard
The eight wings forming a holographic hexagon while she fights would work as that but what---

---

---SHEN SHOU JING!! The Relic is SHEN SHOU JING!!

Quote:
- ~~~HEY!
The arc WAS inspired by both Ren's story and that unfinished fic where a certain Australian ossan had to deal with Lingyi after all.

Quote:
- Ninja mom? Did I miss something somewhere?
I figured that I needed a reason for Ling's parents to divorce because of IS. Then reading about Ren gave me a few ideas.

So I made Huang Suzuki a jonouchi from the Johonbu because that is where the story also links SHOOTiNG ST@R to Hyakka Rouran Uchikenger.

Quote:
- Rinny: "..'milk'..." (looks at her own chest, starts having those Yandere Glazed Eyes of Murder again)
...I'm afraid to say that she will discover the reason why. But at least it makes for a funny family reunion ending.

Quote:
- Vladimir Putin approves of this plot twist.
And written by the hand of Stalin!
Old 2015-03-08, 03:39   Link #56198
demino_hellsin
That one guy

that just might work. hahaha
Old 2015-03-08, 03:40   Link #56199
The 48th Ronin

Looks like everybody ignored my idea.

Oh, well...
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-08, 03:42   Link #56200
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
---SHEN SHOU JING!! The Relic is SHEN SHOU JING!!
- USE IT!

Quote:
that unfinished fic where a certain Australian ossan had to deal with Lingyi after all.
- It's finished. It's meant as a one-shot, remember?

Quote:
I figured that I needed a reason for Ling's parents to divorce because of IS.

So I made Huang Suzuki a jonouchi from the Johonbu because that is where the story branches from SHOOTiNG ST@R into Hyakka Rouran Uchikenger.
- Does that then make Rinny's Dad a Cantonese James Bond?

http://youtu.be/YnzgdBAKyJo

...actually, that might be a good story angle. Kind of like Peter Parker's parents. DAMN IT Meister, now you're wanting me to ressurrect <Ren>! Winter-Soldier-style, even!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
Looks like everybody ignored my idea.
- More like I don't get it. Who's Koro-sensei?

Last edited by wavehawk; 2015-03-08 at 03:53.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest