AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-30, 02:16   Link #3961
Seitsuki
Onee!

Looks handmade.
Old 2013-03-30, 02:22   Link #3962
Occulus
〜(^∇^〜) (〜^∇^)〜

Huh...I was bored and started crunching some numbers. If Tatsuya used Material Burst on about 5 million kg of matter (about 2.5 space stations or about 5 sequoia trees) it would release the same amount of energy as the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs.

This is the same asteroid that (scientist believed) started a global firestorm when it vaporized the surrounding rock on impact, sending fragments hurtling into the atmosphere. These fragments heated the atmosphere to such an extent that surface temperatures were around 500 degrees F across the earth, a condition that burned every last branch, leaf, and tree, leading to the extinction of 80% of all species on Earth. That heat energy is the equivalent of dropping a 1 megaton hydrogen bomb (80 Hiroshima bombs) on every 4 miles across the entire Earth.

So....moral of the story? Don't ever f**ck with Tatsuya.

Note:
Of course, its arguable whether Tatsuya can use Material Burst on that much mass, but still....

On another note, what's the difference between the 13 (well 12 now) Apostles and the ~50 War Magicians? Are the 12 Apostles just the publicly known magicians while there are still ~38 War Level magicians known only to the upper levels of the military/magicians?

Last edited by Occulus; 2013-03-30 at 03:23.
Old 2013-03-30, 03:36   Link #3963
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occulus View Post

On another note, what's the difference between the 13 (well 12 now) Apostles and the ~50 War Magicians? Are the 12 Apostles just the publicly known magicians while there are still ~38 War Level magicians known only to the upper levels of the military/magicians?
yes,the other ~38 can-or should be-able to lead a normal life,as tastuya does-at less at school.
with china population-even more so for the great asian alliance-they must still have several unregistered(though they might have to register another one to replace the one the lost)s.m. so i doubt it 's the last we've heard of them.
beside i'd be curious to see what a strategic war class magicien-using ancien magic-power's would look like.
Old 2013-03-30, 04:38   Link #3964
hakazee

i wonder if it will be always 12 or 13 apostles.

because there is only 13 Apostles of Jesus Christ
Old 2013-03-30, 05:26   Link #3965
Chirst

Guys , today is such a busy day since my Thai web-mate went to buy Mahouka light novel vol 1 and they said that the line is a mess and unorganized by the publishing company so they must take 2 hours to get novel.
Spoiler for Here is the proof:
Old 2013-03-30, 09:07   Link #3966
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirst View Post
Guys , today is such a busy day since my Thai web-mate went to buy Mahouka light novel vol 1 and they said that the line is a mess and unorganized by the publishing company so they must take 2 hours to get novel.
Spoiler for Here is the proof:
Nice but this just makes me hate you out of jealousy.
Old 2013-03-30, 09:46   Link #3967
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occulus View Post
Huh...I was bored and started crunching some numbers. If Tatsuya used Material Burst on about 5 million kg of matter (about 2.5 space stations or about 5 sequoia trees) it would release the same amount of energy as the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs.

This is the same asteroid that (scientist believed) started a global firestorm when it vaporized the surrounding rock on impact, sending fragments hurtling into the atmosphere. These fragments heated the atmosphere to such an extent that surface temperatures were around 500 degrees F across the earth, a condition that burned every last branch, leaf, and tree, leading to the extinction of 80% of all species on Earth. That heat energy is the equivalent of dropping a 1 megaton hydrogen bomb (80 Hiroshima bombs) on every 4 miles across the entire Earth.

So....moral of the story? Don't ever f**ck with Tatsuya.

Note:
Of course, its arguable whether Tatsuya can use Material Burst on that much mass, but still....

That depends, how big is 5 million kg? Would decomposing it in parts have the same effect? Just to clarify, there are 50 strategic class magicians, including the 13(12) apostles. Those registered as Apostles are, well, publicly registered and known to the magical community. Other 38(37) are not known to the public and their existence is kept secret by their governments for obvious reasons, but obviously other governments are aware of their existence.
Old 2013-03-30, 10:13   Link #3968
babbo3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
That depends, how big is 5 million kg? Would decomposing it in parts have the same effect? Just to clarify, there are 50 strategic class magicians, including the 13(12) apostles. Those registered as Apostles are, well, publicly registered and known to the magical community. Other 38(37) are not known to the public and their existence is kept secret by their governments for obvious reasons, but obviously other governments are aware of their existence.
What matters is the mass not how big it is.
Old 2013-04-01, 23:11   Link #3969
Voceane

I just finished reading volume 7 and I found the first of the new scientific error.
carbon dioxide acts as a drowning, death is not instantaneous, it's carbon monoxide, which is toxic and kills a few seconds.
I don't know if it's an error from the author or a translation mistake.
Old 2013-04-01, 23:18   Link #3970
babbo3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voceane View Post
I just finished reading volume 7 and I found the first of the new scientific error.
carbon dioxide acts as a drowning, death is not instantaneous, it's carbon monoxide, which is toxic and kills a few seconds.
I don't know if it's an error from the author or a translation mistake.
she didn't want to kill him just knock him out.
Old 2013-04-02, 01:42   Link #3971
Voceane

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbo3d View Post
she didn't want to kill him just knock him out.
Even if she want to knock him out, you can act several minutes with only CO2, but in the novel he falls nearly immediatly so it's an other thing than CO2 that Mayumi use and the most similar thing who can do this is the CO (Carbon Monoxide). The CO is toxic. If you breath it, at first, you feel nauseous and sleepy. If the ratio CO/O2 is more than 50% you lose consciousness. It can be deadly but if moderatly use it can cause something similar than anemia and knock out someone for several days. But I don't think they want him alive. He was arrested but run away, Mayumi doesn't want him to run away one more time so she certainly went for the kill.
Old 2013-04-02, 05:40   Link #3972
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

ch 15 got updated,
Old 2013-04-02, 08:17   Link #3973
babbo3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voceane View Post
Even if she want to knock him out, you can act several minutes with only CO2, but in the novel he falls nearly immediatly so it's an other thing than CO2 that Mayumi use and the most similar thing who can do this is the CO (Carbon Monoxide). The CO is toxic. If you breath it, at first, you feel nauseous and sleepy. If the ratio CO/O2 is more than 50% you lose consciousness. It can be deadly but if moderatly use it can cause something similar than anemia and knock out someone for several days. But I don't think they want him alive. He was arrested but run away, Mayumi doesn't want him to run away one more time so she certainly went for the kill.
isn't it because of the concentration and that Mayumi used magic to feed the gas to his lungs or something. But you are right is probably a oversight.
Old 2013-04-02, 23:15   Link #3974
noobarta

mm ya agree on the carbon monoxide thing which would help disable him.

On a side note- I got the answer for the reason why there's a grenade in this pic, but only just now realized that in this picture Lina had part of her mask blown apart.

Might be related to why she was so shocked XD

btw, in one of the pictures it seems that Miyuki and Lina were going to face off against one another. Anyone know what the outcome of that was?
Old 2013-04-02, 23:26   Link #3975
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobarta View Post
[...]
btw, in one of the pictures it seems that Miyuki and Lina were going to face off against one another. Anyone know what the outcome of that was?
Spoiler:
Old 2013-04-02, 23:35   Link #3976
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
Spoiler:
Eh....but...ho-why?! D: It looked like it was going to be an epic girl on girl battle T_T

Like if Mayumi or Miyuki fought over Tatsuya ;p
Old 2013-04-03, 00:09   Link #3977
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobarta View Post
Eh....but...ho-why?! D: It looked like it was going to be an epic girl on girl battle T_T

Like if Mayumi or Miyuki fought over Tatsuya ;p
I would wait for it to get translated.
Old 2013-04-03, 00:20   Link #3978
noobarta

aww oh well it'll give me something to look forward to
Old 2013-04-03, 01:36   Link #3979
whitecloud

You know sometimes I wonder why no one has try to learn something like rentanjutsu, which basically magic to manipulate bodily function...I'm sure it can defeat many people easily...how many people can fight while having stomachache, diarrhea, bladder problem...hehe plus it can be used for other thing....

Instead learning all these super destructive tech upon other destructive tech
Old 2013-04-03, 03:21   Link #3980
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
You know sometimes I wonder why no one has try to learn something like rentanjutsu, which basically magic to manipulate bodily function...I'm sure it can defeat many people easily...how many people can fight while having stomachache, diarrhea, bladder problem...hehe plus it can be used for other thing....

Instead learning all these super destructive tech upon other destructive tech
Thematicly the fights would be less flashy so generaly less interesting for the readers, in universe the mages seems to have some kind of automatic defenses against manipulation of their own pattern, it's simply easier to just blow up their environnement.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings