Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2014-09-09, 10:15   Link #2081
Bogart
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
I find Weiss' attraction to Neptune to be entertaining for the mere fact it exists, I mean between that and her other shenanigans this season, I like how we get to see that Weiss is more than just her alpha bitch attitude that we saw last season.

I care more about Weiss socializing than whether or not she gets together with anyone, if "Mirror Mirror" is anything to go by then she could really use the interaction with other people.
So you like that she's acting stupid drooling over a guy she doesn't even know, that we as the audience have no reason to even like?
Bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 10:20   Link #2082
Funkatron
Highly irregular

For those who say Weiss is OOC for going after Neptune: shouldn't an Alpha B*** go after an Alpha Male? I can easily see Weiss seeing him as such: intellectual, good looking, confident and self assured; certainly better than her view of Jaune, who I'm assuming seems more bark than bite to her.
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 10:24   Link #2083
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
His weapon is also the least interesting of every single one we've seen, while it's "hi-tech" depiction conflicts with the simple and raw feeling from the others. I'd take Pyrrha's bolt-action spear or Sun's flintlock nunchucks any day.
You're asking "simple and raw", yet you're listing Pyrrha's bolt-action spear and Sun's flintlock, two of the most complicated weapons in the series so far?

Quote:
I'm not assuming anything of him. His forced entry into the series is unwelcome and I think he's only served to drag it down.
Not really. His entry doesn't feel forced. To me, he's Sun's friend who get dragged into the girls adventure when Sun dragged him into it.

Quote:
Oh, I'm sure any day now he'll get an amazing back story that will just blow everyone else's out of the water. And when that happens, I'll be pissed, because other more important and established characters need that screen time more than he does.
... Okay, you're pissed that he isn't anything more than "Weiss's potential love interesst" at the moment, and yet you say you'll be pissed because he get a backstory? Isn't that kinda contradictory?

Quote:
Yes! Alpha bitch! Where is that? Why is she suddenly toothless when dealing with Neptune's character? Where is her judgmental attitude? Why is he so much better than all of the other guys she's met that she claims were only interested in her money? It makes no sense for her to want him as she seems to as he hasn't proven himself in one way or another!
Uh, are you watching the same show I am? Cause Weiss stopped being an Alpha bitch since vol 1, or at least tried to stop being one. Case in point: Her "jumping on the chair and pointing at Blake" moment. That would have been definitely OOC for her.

Also, WHAT other guys? In story so far, the males other then Neptune she met are: the teachers, Jaune - idiot that keep trying to win her over despite the fact that she makes it clear she's not interested, Sun - a faunus so she have some reservation, Mercury - no interactions yet and Torchwick - villain on the other side.

Also, the other guys she's met that she claims were only interested in her money could be the one she met at parties that she attended as Schnee's heiress. Which is understandable, really.

Quote:
The total destruction of Weiss's character for one? Oh, of course maybe I should be blaming Jaune for that since it's his little side-plot with Pyrrha that's at the core of this issue, but it doesn't help at all that Neptune is basically a big fat zero as far as character worth goes in his own right.
Okay, how does that even make sense? A character being called a douche is because of the things he did to the people around him, NOT the bloody plot.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 10:30   Link #2084
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
You're asking "simple and raw", yet you're listing Pyrrha's bolt-action spear and Sun's flintlock, two of the most complicated weapons in the series so far?

Not really. His entry doesn't feel forced. To me, he's Sun's friend who get dragged into the girls adventure when Sun dragged him into it.

... Okay, you're pissed that he isn't anything more than "Weiss's potential love interesst" at the moment, and yet you say you'll be pissed because he get a backstory? Isn't that kinda contradictory?

Uh, are you watching the same show I am? Cause Weiss stopped being an Alpha bitch since vol 1, or at least tried to stop being one. Case in point: Her "jumping on the chair and pointing at Blake" moment. That would have been definitely OOC for her.

Also, WHAT other guys? In story so far, the males other then Neptune she met are: the teachers, Jaune - idiot that keep trying to win her over despite the fact that she makes it clear she's not interested, Sun - a faunus so she have some reservation, Mercury - no interactions yet and Torchwick - villain on the other side.

Also, the other guys she's met that she claims were only interested in her money could be the one she met at parties that she attended as Schnee's heiress. Which is understandable, really.

Okay, how does that even make sense? A character being called a douche is because of the things he did to the people around him, NOT the bloody plot.
The headcanon is strong in this Bogart. Trying to decide if he is trolling or not
Old 2014-09-09, 10:32   Link #2085
Raviel

Do we have a reason to dislike Neptune?

He's okay with me as he hasn't done anything that warrants particular dislike, I mean he's helped team RWBY and is polite enough.

Honestly he comes across as a Jaune that is less of an idiot (no offense to Jaune) and manages to carry himself better. Overall though Neptune hasn't given me any reason to not like him yet so I'd hold off on labeling him a douchebag till he's done something that warrants it.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 10:35   Link #2086
Bogart
Banned

Quote:

He's okay with me as he hasn't done anything that warrants particular dislike, I mean he's helped team RWBY and is polite enough.

Honestly he comes across as a Jaune that is less of an idiot (no offense to Jaune) and manages to carry himself better. Overall though Neptune hasn't given me any reason to not like him yet so I'd hold off on labeling him a douchebag till he's done something that warrants it.
Do you know how much people would have hated Jaune if Ruby had fallen for him upon their first meeting?
Old 2014-09-09, 10:39   Link #2087
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
Do you know how much people would have hated Jaune if Ruby had fallen for him upon their first meeting?
Considering that there's literally nothing yet at that time? Pretty low.
Old 2014-09-09, 10:44   Link #2088
Raviel

I don't know, I see the whole thing with Weiss and Neptune as a simple crush as opposed to full blown love.

Now, if Weiss suddenly started prancing around like Neptune is the love of her life moments after meeting him THAT is when I would start raising my eyebrow.

If they're going to seriously pair Weiss and Neptune up then I'd want RT to give their relationship the same treatment Blake and Sun are getting otherwise that is when it would feel forced to me.

Speaking of Blake and Sun...........I guess you could say

He's the Yang to Blake's yin?

.........I'll be leaving now
Old 2014-09-09, 10:44   Link #2089
Eragon
Still Alive

He's not a douchebag, he's just worthless at the moment. He's there to show that Weiss is a teenage girl. That's it.

Also, the clichés used in the (possible) romantic relationships are god-awful. Perfect girl - Dumb guy, Ice Queen - Cool, Obnoxious guy, Serious girl - Genki guy. Not a shred of creativity.
Old 2014-09-09, 10:46   Link #2090
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:

I don't particularly dislike him. I found his flirty moments hilarious, especially the one at the club with the twins. He hasn't done much, let alone something douchy as some have claimed. I do wonder if he turned Weiss down, since I don't remember seeing him at the dance.

Also, have all the RWBY girls had bonding moments with each other on screen yet? Last episode had Blake and Yang, Weiss and Ruby had a whole 2 arcs, Weiss and Blake bonded the last arc of volume 1. The only ones who haven't bonded much are Weiss and Yang, Ruby and Blake (if you don't count their talk in episode 2) and possibly Ruby and Yang, though they're sisters so they've had years to bond.
Old 2014-09-09, 10:46   Link #2091
Bogart
Banned

Quote:
Considering that there's literally nothing yet at that time? Pretty low.
You think so? The fact that he was a male character being introduced in a series with female title characters made people wary of him. People still hold a grudge against him for having an entire third of the first season dedicated to developing his character. Even now people dislike him or otherwise hold out hope that he won't be completely useless forever.

You think on top of all of that baggage that people would have tolerated him being the main character's love interest?
Old 2014-09-09, 10:53   Link #2092
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Ok the last six-seven pages have been absolute torture to read, so lets talk Qrow, and forget all this stuff about whether or not Neptune is a douchebag or not. You yourself know what he is, don't let one guy who says otherwise throw you off.

So yeah, Qrow. I know he's the one what taught Ruby how to fight, right? I wasn't expecting him to wield a weapon similar to primrose. How long do you think it will take for him to make an appearance. Will it be this season still?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 10:54   Link #2093
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Ok the last six-seven pages have been absolute torture to read, so lets talk Qrow, and forget all this stuff about whether or not Neptune is a douchebag or not. You yourself know what he is, don't let one guy who says otherwise throw you off.

So yeah, Qrow. I know he's the one what taught Ruby how to fight, right? I wasn't expecting him to wield a weapon similar to primrose. How long do you think it will take for him to make an appearance. Will it be this season still?
I agree. Well, Ozpin did say that he only knows one other scythe user with a style like Ruby, so I already expected him to wield something similar.

As for his apperance, well I think probably near the finale when Cinder's plan is finally revealed.

Also, anybody ship Ozpin/Glynda?
Old 2014-09-09, 10:56   Link #2094
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
I agree. Well, Ozpin did say that he only knows one other scythe user with a style like Ruby, so I already expected him to wield something similar.

As for his apperance, well I think probably near the finale when Cinder's plan is finally revealed.

Also, anybody ship Ozpin/Glynda?
Someone needs to get the stick out of her butt
Old 2014-09-09, 11:05   Link #2095
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post

How dare someone on the internet be incredibly vocal about having a different opinion from me, THIS INJUSTICE CANNOT BE FORGIVEN

Kidding aside, I'd like it if the discussion stopped too, the last few pages are the reason I decide to never truly get myself attached to any characters in a series

Anyway, I don't think we'll see Qrow till after the dance, probably not even in the next 1-2 episodes. He'll probably show up when things look bad for everyone else and save Yang and Ruby again.
Old 2014-09-09, 11:08   Link #2096
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

I'm surprised that people even think Qrow wields something that's dissimilar to Ruby's. He's the few wielders of the most dangerous weapon in the world and he's the mentor who taught Ruby's scythe fighting style. How would their weapons not be similar?

Not anytime soon. Face hidden or few seconds introduction at best, and I expect a full reveal only during Volume 3.

Ozpin is like the grandfather, and Glynda the granddaughter. So no, can't really see them together. Even Glynda/Ironwood or Glynda/Roman seems more plausible.
Old 2014-09-09, 11:12   Link #2097
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
I'm surprised that people even think Qrow wields something that's dissimilar to Ruby's. He's the few wielders of the most dangerous weapon in the world and he's the mentor who taught Ruby's scythe fighting style. How would their weapons not be similar?

Not anytime soon. Face hidden or few seconds introduction at best, and I expect a full reveal only during Volume 3.

Ozpin is like the grandfather, and Glynda the granddaughter. So no, can't really see them together. Even Glynda/Ironwood or Glynda/Roman seems more plausible.
I don't know about that, I mean we barely even see Glynda and Ozpin talk about things not related to work.

I REALLY hope we get an episode that features the older members of the cast somewhere down the road or failing that an episode featuring what happens in the Beacon faculty room.
Old 2014-09-09, 11:13   Link #2098
Tormenk

At best Qrow's entrance will be this season's finale. A Bad Damn Hero moment for him seems fitting given his skills. There are still many other characters to feature for the remaining half of the season so season three seems more likely.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 11:14   Link #2099
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
... Ozpin isn't that old ... Is he? I mean to me he looks to be around Glynda's age or 4-5 years older due to the dark things he saw and did.
Old 2014-09-09, 12:09   Link #2100
DMurphy

Quote:
Also, from the sounds of it he's scarecrow themed, and wielding a scythe, a farming tool, ties in perfectly with that.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby