Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-13, 21:26   Link #1
|Aion|
Hajime

Send a message via AIM to |Aion| Send a message via Yahoo to |Aion|
Will there ever be a Ai_Mai_Mi_Strawberry Egg 2?

The series was ratrher enjoyable and had a pretty funny story,but it just doesnt end to good. So has anyone heard any rumors or anything about a second season fot it. Or will this go on the rather long list of series i wish has a second season.
Old 2004-07-13, 21:28   Link #2
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

never even heard a ghost of a rumor about a sequel, so it'll probably go on your "long list"
but i assure you...my list of anime that needed a better ending/second season is longer...
Old 2004-07-13, 22:22   Link #3
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
there might be one ..who knows
Old 2004-12-14, 10:06   Link #4
allmus

Exclamation I, My, Me, Strawberry Eggs

hello all, im new to this forum, but i love the work u guys do, anyway back to the request......

SPOILER in this post about ending of I My Me strawberry eggs, if u haven't watch it and are planing to, please don't read futher this point

i just watched it, i loved it, very weird but one of the best school animes(for teens/adults) i've seen.
but here's the thing
THERE'S ONLY #13 EP'S!!!!
no manga even.

so my question is this, where the hell can i get more info on the people behind it orginally.

i've looked for "Original story: YOM" all over the place, i don't know what YOM stands for and YOM get's no usable results using all the search engines i can use.
also i've tryed WOWOW(broadcaster), and "PIONEER" and "TNK" (both did Production)
pioneer is now somthing called geneon and is all japanese.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
!!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
i really wanted another 3 part OVA for when Hibiki Amawa came back and Fuko Kuzuha was a little older, just to rap things up.
it wasn't fair of them to leave it hanging with Hibiki Amawa just leaving, and Fuko's comments at the end of waiting till he came back.
WHEN WILL HE come back!!!!!!
i really want an ending , and i wanna find out if there is any project's going on about it.

Last edited by allmus; 2004-12-14 at 10:07. Reason: forgot to say hello at start
Old 2004-12-14, 12:26   Link #5
megumidk
Chii ?

sadly, there are currently no official plans to continue IMMSE.
Old 2004-12-14, 16:35   Link #6
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmus
i've looked for "Original story: YOM" all over the place, i don't know what YOM stands for and YOM get's no usable results using all the search engines i can use.
also i've tryed WOWOW(broadcaster), and "PIONEER" and "TNK" (both did Production) pioneer is now somthing called geneon and is all japanese.
Odds are the original writer didn't want his name listed so they used his initials, nickname or a pen name instead. It's not that unusual of an occurance, Anno Hideki appeared in nearly every episode of of FLCL but the credits don't list him, instead of his name there is just a question mark ('?'). I've even seen one or two animations where the art director is listed as 'Big Boy' in the credits for every episode.
Old 2005-12-19, 12:37   Link #7
stelok
I My Me Strawberry Eggs

Send a message via ICQ to stelok Send a message via AIM to stelok Send a message via MSN to stelok Send a message via Yahoo to stelok
My review of I My Me Strawberry Eggs (MAJOR SPOILERS)

*** This comment may contain spoilers ***

Recently graduated from college, an enthusiastic and bright Amawa Hibiki aims to establish a teaching career. Unfortunately, the school he tries to apply for a job at only hires female teachers. The principal points that men can't teach here because they do not know anything about love. Daunted by the feministic principal's rejection, he swears to prove that men do know about love as women do. Listening to his story, the landlady offers him a proposal. She tells him to dress as a woman to get a teaching position. Then he reluctantly agrees. As Hibiki and the landlady perfect his womanly disguise, he returns to Seitow Sannomiya Academy academy to apply again but as a woman. The Principal gives the female Hibiki a challenge: to get a clumsy student named Kuzuha Fuuko to run 50 m dash without tripping. After several attempts and Hibiki's advice, Fuuko succeeds. That was her first 50 m dash without tripping. She was his first student ever. And Fuuko's classmates notice the female Hibiki with curiosity. Fuuko helped him get a job at Seitow Sannomiya school. Thus Hibiki's career at that school begins.

In the second episode, Fuuko starts to call the male Hibiki a "bra-man" because she saw him wearing a bra. Ironically, she was pretty scared of the male Hibiki but trusted the female Hibiki.

Hibiki has witnessed his students' self-doubts, problems and angst but counseled them to overcome their troubles and doubts. Examples: 1. Hibiki noticed that Fuuko is trying hard to finish her committee duties and no classmate could give a care about it and were too self-centered. So Hibiki decided to take action and inspired all of Fuuko's classmates to help her. Thus Fuuko was no longer the only one who wears bloomers (female gym shorts) because every girl wore bloomers.

2. Hibiki broadens the communication between the parents and students, bringing them as close-knit and loving families on "Family Day".

3. Hibiki helps the kids who were fighting with each other finally come to an understanding and encourages them to share their fears with each other.

4. At the camp, while the vice-principal teaches the kids about the moral wrongs of male-female interaction, Hibiki butts in and opens the kids' minds and makes them realize that nothing is wrong with a male and a female together. He adds that they have nothing to be afraid when they'll be ready to reach adulthood and still interact with each other.

In the end, a 22 or 23-year old teacher Hibiki Amawa realizes he is in love with his own 14-year old student Fuuko Kuzuha who develops lesbian feelings for the female Hibiki but doesn't completely have any idea. Hibiki and Fuuko are 8 or 9 years apart. Not only they are teacher and student but also they're an adult man and an underage girl. Such a forbidden romance.

When the vice-principal doubted Hibiki's gender, she embarks on her intent to expose Hibiki. After several disastrous failures, she was able to succeed securing proof and reveal Hibiki's identity to the public. As Hibiki's gender was revealed to the public, at first Fuuko thought her feelings for Hibiki were fake. But she finally realizes she still loves Hibiki, whether it is male or female. Hibiki is the one she loves, regardless of the gender and it was no lie. Therefore, she staunchly defended Hibiki's actions by reminding everyone of Hibiki's good deeds while being a teacher and successfully rallied the students, faculty and parents to back Hibiki and oppose the school's plans of making it an all-girls school.

Fuuko runs for a desperate last time to reconcile with Hibiki but all she got was Hibiki's look at her running to reach a speeding train he is on. But Just a look at Hibiki's expression was enough to assure her that she'll meet him again someday.

My opinions:

Story: 9/10

The story focuses on not only teacher-student relationships but also the junior high school kids' immature attitudes towards the different roles of males and females in the society. Which was well executed with the kids' clear and broad understanding of the roles of the gender and age due to Hibiki's lectures in the end. That was a enjoyable storyline, though I didn't enjoy particular episodes. Many of the episodes, however are just decent, some are great and all of them are not terrible. Amusing actions of Mori and Toufu, the perverted residents at Hibiki-sensei's apartment as well as the landlady Ruru's actions inject a good dose of humor into storyline. Unfortunately, the guys' roles are rather cameo. However, the landlady has a major role in the story which I can appreciate.

Character development and interaction: 7/10

Mori and Toufu are hilarious and equally perverted. Ruru the Landlady is strict but spunky. Kuzuha Fuuko is clumsy and whiny but very cute. I don't really like Akira Fukae, anyway because he acts like a jerk. I felt that Fuuko's classmate, Himejima Fujio isn't to my liking. She is quite headstrong, tomboyish and kind of emotionally immature when it comes to Akira. On the other hand, her narrow-minded intolerance of men reminds me a bit of Naru. Seiko, another of Fuuko's classmates is even more wimpy than Fuuko and has a dislike of the men, But both the principal and vice-principal are even more narrow-minded and a hundred times more feministic than Fujio or Seiko. Umeda Miko, Fuuko's fourth classmate, is the most feminine of the four girls and is quite boy-crazy. Miko is my third favorite IMME character after Hibiki and Fuuko. All of the students in Hibiki's class are pretty angst-ridden and most of them have a terrible misunderstanding of the gender roles in the society. I find two horny classmates Aoki Kyosuke and Shyoichi Iwaya are not interesting enough personality-wise.

Animation: 8/10

Animation is top-notch. But male Hibiki could look a bit more chiseled instead of polished. However, the character designs were neat overall. Also, I like the cute schoolgirl uniforms. This anime has little fanservice. For example you get a nice view of Fuuko-chan's panties.

Romance: 8/10

Hibiki and Fuuko's relationship is the focus of the anime series. Of course, it's not only a teacher-student relationship but also one between an adult and a minor. Fuuko's very confused about her feelings. She has no idea why she likes the female Hibiki. I suspect that she sees Female Hibiki as a mother figure because "she" was very kind to her and reminds her of her late mother. Hibiki was attracted to Fuuko, but not as a woman as a man. He realized that it was the male Hibiki who fell in love with Fuuko. He felt that his hesitant attraction to his underage student was wrong but he wasn't sure it is. It was one of the most awkward romantic relationships I've seen but I can't think why it should not work at all. In fact they're a very interesting pair.
Old 2006-06-02, 08:53   Link #8
rika717

I my me strawberry eggs

Hi every body

i would to discuss about anime called I my me strawberry eggs ,

i watch it before and i like it : there is information about the anime

Amawa Hibiki is a young man just out of college, with an education to be an athletics teacher. He's been having a hard time finding a job since he graduated, so all his money has gone towards living expenses. When his landlady demands his first payment to live in her living establishment upfront, he heads to the local middle school to get hired as a teacher. However, the principal refuses to hire him without hesitation. She will not hire men as teachers and makes it clear that she hates all men, saying they put no love into their passions and work. Amawa does not give up and with the help of his landlady, he crossdresses as a woman without a second thought, and gets hired, so he can earn money and also prove the principal wrong. Now, he has to keep his real gender a secret, and avoid strange situations, including the affections of his students (from both genders).

i would to hear ur opioin about this anime of u watch it ...
Old 2006-06-18, 03:19   Link #9
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress

This anime had a very strange name: IMMSE? Well, even though it's good, I still think it was lacked of something but I don't know what it is But overall, I do like the atmosphere in this anime. But I don't like how this anime ended I really wish for another season or at least OVAs.
Old 2006-08-08, 16:36   Link #10
Haru27

How long is the manga series if it has one?..... nvm. Actually they planned to make this a 26 episode series so i don't think there done yet.

Last edited by Haru27; 2006-08-10 at 23:30.
Old 2007-03-02, 10:24   Link #11
stelok
I My Me Strawberry Eggs

Send a message via ICQ to stelok Send a message via AIM to stelok Send a message via MSN to stelok Send a message via Yahoo to stelok
I want one as well.....very badly. This excellent anime deserves an extended 2nd season. I want to know whether Hibiki and Fuko have decided what to do with their still-unresolved relationship ever since he left Seito Sannomiya Academy for his own good.
Old 2008-07-10, 15:38   Link #12
Phlaw
Romance Anime Demi-God

Send a message via AIM to Phlaw
Has anyone heard any word on this anime's second season or manga. its been over a year so i figured i'd bump this. thanks
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, romance