AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Old 2007-07-11, 22:57   Link #521
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Once again i have to point out to you that to kotonah using her brain to find another way to win makoto might not of been possible. Remember her way of thinking and action must correspond with the experiences she has gained through life. It's impossible to just tell someone to use their brain and find another solution when that one solution was all life gave them in terms of experience. You can't expect someone like kotonah who is so isolated and introvert to suddenly have a epiphany and come up with another solution to get makoto.
Absolutely right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_wing0 View Post
then she doesnt deserve makoto, PERIOD. Sekai deserves makoto since she always do the dirty work and she doesn't even ask for anything in return. I really feel bad for her at the end of ep 1, especially when u watched the ONA where she is crying in the train...

Just like the ED in KGNE, the one who did the work, will get the worm

...and i m pretty sure thats how this anime will end too. (Thou i have to admit 12 eps is a bit short...sigh)
I'm not quite sure what you mean by Sekai doing the "dirty work". If you mean to help Kotonoha and Makoto get together, I wouldn't say that it counts all that much seeing she's pretty much sabotaging it at the same time. She should at least put her name into the hat properly if she wants to play....
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 23:00   Link #522
Edgewalker
Nani ?

well this seems pretty good...

feels alot like sola in some ways.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 23:20   Link #523
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I'm not quite sure what you mean by Sekai doing the "dirty work". If you mean to help Kotonoha and Makoto get together, I wouldn't say that it counts all that much seeing she's pretty much sabotaging it at the same time. She should at least put her name into the hat properly if she wants to play....
i dont see how she is sabotaging them...thats not her intention. Blame makoto for his inability to carry out her plans

She will be in contention soon enough, trust me. Like i said in my post previously, the ep title basiacally gives it away.

(Hey just notice you live in TO as well! ^^)
angel_wing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 01:20   Link #524
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Have you been watching Higurashi? Been there, Done that, and it was way to gruesome to keep seeing it over and over again.
I wasn't exactly referring to Higurashi (though ironically I did when I made the suggestion in that blog, but I chose not to here just in case some people don't understand what I meant), but yeah, it's a similar concept, and I say, why not? At least this time people would be delighted to see Makoto die (be it Higurashi style or South Park Kenny style).

(I don't watch Higurashi as well BTW, but I understand that the writers keep pushing the reset button or something like that. )
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 02:07   Link #525
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

actually higurashi had a certain reason for the reset concept

Spoiler:

If school days were to reset, it would be completely pointless because basically it'll just be the writers trying to satisfy the fans by putting most of the possible endings....
Old 2007-07-12, 03:59   Link #526
Zarn
ナギさま~!

Hey guys, can someone recommend me on a fansub? I've originally downloaded AnimeYoshi's but their good translation aside, the quality of the video is quite bad. How about Conclave? did anyone try them?
Zarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 06:00   Link #527
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
actually higurashi had a certain reason for the reset concept

Spoiler:

If school days were to reset, it would be completely pointless because basically it'll just be the writers trying to satisfy the fans by putting most of the possible endings....
Spoiler:

btw i don think sekai has ill intention..holding her feeling for some1 and helping that some1 to be together with another person is actually very painful.
FreedomMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 06:21   Link #528
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

please... is it possible to avoid spoilers which shouldn't be here in the first place? (at least, give a proper name to your spoilers *facepalm* )
fortunately, both your higurashi spoilers are kinda wrong...

i think the only comparaison possible between SD and higurashi is simply the "WTF madness factors", which for SD, are most likely linked with bad ends alone. (once again, who would expect bad ends like this with the girls?)

it has much more common points with KGNE, with betrayal fests as a plus, so, much more potential to create a trainwreck.
guess it has been repeated too much : bad ends reflect a very few of SD, but is sadly the most infamous point of SD. (heck, it is like higurashi and "killer lolies", which is completely irrelevant for the whole plot)

meh, as for the whole "who deserve who", this question is rather funny, considering that both girls deserve much better than that ... i will avoid colorful language...
basically speaking, the characters are of course grey (and this isn't only for sekai and kotonoha, it appears that much characters involved won't be always innocent. kotonoha supporters will probably agree ). but of course, everything is because of this... low life ~~
Old 2007-07-12, 08:21   Link #529
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

All this hype about School Days has got me curious.

Reading some synopsis. The things they all have in common is the violence...
Now i know nothing about School Days. I haven't played the game nor have i read the manga/novel if there are any.

But what makes this anime a must watch from other love triangle anime?(except for the violence) I'm at the moment watching KGNE and the first 3 episode haven't impressed me much (I'm more annoyed at the main characters). And i see Higurashi being mentioned to. I wasn't much of a fan of Higurashi either. Not that i disliked it. But the violence and the way the story is being told from different perspective didn't appeal to me very much.

So would this anime be interesting to me? Is it just the violence in the anime that makes it difference than any other romance anime? Or is there more to it?

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 08:27   Link #530
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Like it was repeated a lot : no, the violence is somewhat irrelevant to the plot itself.
However, School days was sadly popular because of these 3 bad endings, while there are 21 endings in total.

as you might expect with this statement, School Days is extreme in only few cases. However, the story itself is heavely based on the triangle, with various points such like betrayal, jealousy, cheap tricks etc, centring on the male lead, completely hesitating between 2 girls.

So, the difference with most anome romance is most likely the nature of the characters, which are way far from the usual "lovey dovey" plot and story telling.
Old 2007-07-12, 08:43   Link #531
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

To put it simply... It's like a show with nothing but angst from start to finish...
Old 2007-07-12, 08:53   Link #532
Mentar
Banned

To put it simply... if you can't enjoy an emotional angstfest, stay away by all means
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 09:15   Link #533
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
To put it simply... if you can't enjoy an emotional angstfest, stay away by all means
Nicely said. That should answer the question to anyone who wants to check this one out.

Also, depending on how well the anime does, and Setsuna's popularity --- a Summer Days OAV could happen.
Old 2007-07-12, 09:26   Link #534
arkhangelsk

Pretty much joined just to participate here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Absolutely right.

Having only the first episode to go on, I must say I don't understand such criticisms. Sekai's trying so hard not to put name into the hat, to put the interest of the guy she quietly liked first. But because she's human and meant to be portrayed as such (never mind the plot requirement), she has one moment of human weakness.

The kiss is good. It tells me that the human weakness was not absolute, but relative. Her desire to help Makoto is strong - just that for a brief instant, at the point when she's going to give it all up, a more selfish side just flared up like the nova of a dying star (or at least Sekai's trying to get it to die) for about 5-10 seconds. During that, it overrode all other barriers, including a fairly strong Japanese taboo against kissing (and on the lips - I know Americans/Europeans aren't quite so reserved about hugs and kisses but I'd guess On-the-Lip kisses are special anywhere on this planet).

If she had used some other method (like blurting out "I love you too" or something) this effect will be gone and it'd look much more petty. Now it looks so innocent.

From her view, there's simply nothing to lose. If Makoto really likes Kotonoha, the kiss is perfectly safe and should have no effect (as far as Sekai can see, Makoto is not interested in her at all, so a kiss simply should not change that equation). And if Makoto is really seriously affected (as is the case) ... well, you still can't call it sabotage because there's nothing built up worthy of sabotage.

At the very worst she's still allowing a rival a shot and letting her man pick. I don't know why this is considered more petty than simply not helping and going after him herself. She can't possibly know that Kotonoha is so weak that there's a serious possibility of her taking the shock of losing Matoko so badly that she'd either kill herself or be Sekai's own downfall.

I'd also ask what's good about Makoto, but to be fair, very few bishoujo game male leads have truly great positive attributes that make you truly understand why all fall in love with him. They can't see his negative attributes yet, so I guess he looks no worse than Rin or Shinichiro or one of many others.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 09:26   Link #535
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

wish the ending would be like makoto ending up w/ no one. hehe... (coz i always feel so sorry for the girl/girls that the main guy didnt pcik)
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 13:43   Link #536
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
please... is it possible to avoid spoilers which shouldn't be here in the first place? (at least, give a proper name to your spoilers *facepalm* )
fortunately, both your higurashi spoilers are kinda wrong...

i think the only comparaison possible between SD and higurashi is simply the "WTF madness factors", which for SD, are most likely linked with bad ends alone. (once again, who would expect bad ends like this with the girls?)

it has much more common points with KGNE, with betrayal fests as a plus, so, much more potential to create a trainwreck.
guess it has been repeated too much : bad ends reflect a very few of SD, but is sadly the most infamous point of SD. (heck, it is like higurashi and "killer lolies", which is completely irrelevant for the whole plot)

meh, as for the whole "who deserve who", this question is rather funny, considering that both girls deserve much better than that ... i will avoid colorful language...
basically speaking, the characters are of course grey (and this isn't only for sekai and kotonoha, it appears that much characters involved won't be always innocent. kotonoha supporters will probably agree ). but of course, everything is because of this... low life ~~
Yea after watching the first episode KGNE was the first thing that popped to mind as far as comparison's go, although ill admit i've never watched higurashi so for all I know its a valid comparison too.

As for the show itself I liked the pace most of all. I've watched too many "romance" shows in recent years that just take forever to get the ball rolling properly. So for so much progress to occur in a first episode was a pleasent suprise.

The characters, while not real deep at the moment, feel like they have some room to expand and im really interested to see how things develop after what sekai did. Out of all the characters she interested me the most probably because she has the most visible flaws right now. She seems to be torn between being self sacrificing and selfish...Not quite sure which impulse to act on.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 15:17   Link #537
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

just converted the game OP Still I Love You ~みつめるよりは幸せ~ to mp3. I like it better than the anime op. Next would be the ed by nakashima
Old 2007-07-12, 15:24   Link #538
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I loved the first episode it was nice to see the confession and the love triangle begin right off the bat instead of spending half the season for the main charcter to build enough damn courage to do it then rushing the ending. Now that these parts are out of the way I think the story can be told fairly straight forward now. I sure as hell didnt expect that out of Sekai at the end. Im sure there will be heated discussions over who deserves Makoto more and who is the best match for him. At this point i can not chose I like both girls. Any opinion i give will be based on my own taste if that was the case i would pick Sekai.

Not to say that kotonah is not a good girl but Sekai did all the work and stayed by Makoto's side even with her now oh so obvious feelings for him. To me sacrificing your own happiness for that of the person you care about is real love and Seaki has already done that and has said she will continue to support him. I feel that school days will be enjoyable to watch i love this kind of stuff.
Old 2007-07-12, 15:27   Link #539
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_wing0 View Post
just converted the game OP Still I Love You ~みつめるよりは幸せ~ to mp3. I like it better than the anime op. Next would be the ed by nakashima
Hope you know you can find the games OP on the vocal album.
Old 2007-07-12, 15:28   Link #540
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Hope you know you can find the games OP on the vocal album.
Shiroth FTW

Last edited by angel_wing0; 2007-07-12 at 19:27.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ecchi, harem, romance, tnk, yandere