AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-12-26, 17:01   Link #161
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Eh, any way you slice it, it wouldn't be much of a conversational topic.
Rinji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 20:42   Link #162
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
The problem with this request (and your previous requests) is that it is too specific, too narrow a topic. I'm sure there are a few films that could compare but it's not exactly going to generate a lot of discussion. Maybe a thread on Cultural References in One Piece would make a better topic for discussion since it covers a lot more ground than just American films.
You got a point there. < "Oopsie." Then Cultural References in One Piece it is.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 01:50   Link #163
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I suppose we need a new thread for the anime now that Thiller Bark is over.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 07:02   Link #164
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
I suppose we need a new thread for the anime now that Thiller Bark is over.
True. When did the new arc start (episode number) and what is the name of it? I'll create the new thread once I know this (as I would like to add that to the opening post). Is there anything else that would be of help in the opening post?
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 11:27   Link #165
Rainbowman

Quote:
True. When did the new arc start (episode number) and what is the name of it? I'll create the new thread once I know this (as I would like to add that to the opening post). Is there anything else that would be of help in the opening post?
Here is info that I got from Wikipedia:

382 "Slow Slow Menace - Return of Foxy the Silver Fox"
"Noro Noro no Kyōi - Gingitsune no Fokushī Futatabi" (ノロノロの脅威 銀狐のフォクシー再び) December 21, 2008
The Straw Hats take a vacation at Spa Island, a ship with luxury facilities that even serves pirates and criminals, but while there, encounter Foxy and his crew, who are pursuing two small girls: Lina and her older sister Sayo. The Straw Hats manage to defeat the Foxy Pirates, and learn that they had been pursuing Lina and Sayo for the girls' notebook, which shows their father's research on how to create a special gem, the solution for which can be found on the ship. Lina considers her father a liar, but Sayo believes him. Suddenly, Sayo is abducted, and the owner of the island, Doran, says that if they want her back, they must complete the research and find the gem.
383 "The Great Treasure Contest! Collapse! The Spa Island"
"Otakara Daisōdatsusen! Hōkai! Supa Airando-gō" (お宝大争奪戦! 崩壊!スパアイランド号) December 28, 2008
After Lina reveals that she has searched all over the ship, Luffy decides to destroy the ship in order to find Sayo. The Straw Hats manage to fight off Doran's men, but Doran unveils a large cannon and aims it at Sayo. Sayo tells Lina that their father truly cared for them and believed that his research would bear fruit, and left in order to protect them from his pursuers. The Straw Hats manage to rescue Sayo and destroy Spa Island, and notice that the X on Lina's father's map pointed to an X-shaped underwater volcano opening beneath the island. Several days later, Sayo and Lina complete the gem and send it to the Straw Hats, but as candy rain falls on the Sunny, Luffy accidentally loses it.
384 "Brook's Hard Struggle - The Difficult Path to Becoming a True Crewmate?"
"Burukku Daifuntō - Shin no Nakama he no Michi Kewashi?" (ブルック大奮闘 真の仲間への道険し?) January 11, 2009

385 "Arriving at Halfway Through the Grand Line! The Red Line"
"Gurand Rain Hanshū Tōtatsu! Reddo Rain" (偉大なる航路半周到達!赤い土の大陸) January 18, 2009

The arc is called the Spa Island arc and from the looks of it not a very long arc considering the title of episode 385.
Old 2009-01-12, 22:11   Link #166
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

we have already discussed spa island in the thriller bark arc thread. there is no reason to make a new one.

Spoiler for arc names, possible info on the future:
Old 2009-01-13, 00:45   Link #167
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
I think a "Currently airing" or something similarly titled would be appropriate, that way you could change it when it goes from filler episodes back to the main storyline. Plus it wouldn't spoil anyone who hasn't read the manga.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 14:50   Link #168
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
I think a "Currently airing" or something similarly titled would be appropriate, that way you could change it when it goes from filler episodes back to the main storyline. Plus it wouldn't spoil anyone who hasn't read the manga.
I don't get how it would spoil it for them.

If you keep the title at the name of the place they are at, it won't spoil anything.
Old 2009-01-13, 15:39   Link #169
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Why not make it the currently airing arc just to keep from having to make a new thread every time the arc changes?
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 23:29   Link #170
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Why not make it the currently airing arc just to keep from having to make a new thread every time the arc changes?
-For the same reason we have different chapter arcs- in order to keep things organized and not one big mess. It will stop people from discussing things from say, one or two episodes ago and just interfere with the conversations and stuff. I dunno, i just don't like it.

-We don't have a 'continuous manga' thread do we? of course not.

-It doesn't have to turn out as a mess, but I just think that reading the thread under the current name of the place as it has been done in the past it best.

-Also, it's not that big of a deal to make a new thread. When we have MODERATORS who do their job, everything is fine and we do have some pretty good mods.
Old 2009-01-21, 14:57   Link #171
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

We need a chapter 529 discussion thread.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 09:05   Link #172
Monkey D Tookie

can you please make a thread of how long One Piece will last for?
Monkey D Tookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 12:36   Link #173
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey D Tookie View Post
can you please make a thread of how long One Piece will last for?
You can try asking the senior members, but I say your request is improbable.
Old 2009-01-25, 04:32   Link #174
Crimson Reaper

Quote:
When did the new arc start (episode number) and what is the name of it? I'll create the new thread once I know this (as I would like to add that to the opening post).
The new arc already started last week in episode 385, although the first half was just expanding on on panel of the manga. The manga is using smaller arcs since Thriller Bark so for now we should have a thread named,
Spoiler for Just to be safe.:
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 23:09   Link #175
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

No need for Duval (he is just a part of the next story). "Sabaody Archipelago Arc" would suffice as the title of the new arc based on storyline, as that is where we can consider the center of many events happening in the near future.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 15:10   Link #176
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
As of late, I've been going back and forth with Rainbowman on the Nami Discussion Thread about his fanfic and it's getting rather... cumbersome seeing as none of our discussion really has anything to do with the topic. I dont feel appropriate posting that kind of discussion in the Theories and Speculation Thread either.

I'd noticed that the Naruto forums have a separate thread discussing artists' fanfiction and I was wondering if we might be able to set one up here as well to share ideas and critique.

Thoughts?

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 02:03   Link #177
Keeper

Indeed, a thread for fanfics would be nice for those who like to discuss the stuff. Also, it'd be nice if relevant posts from One Piece - Character Discussion - Luffy and One Piece - Character Discussion - Nami threads would be moved to the Fanfic thread once it's created.
Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 13:46   Link #178
Prestige

Thriller Bark arc has been ended several episodes ago...'

New anime arc has begun with manga material.

new anime arc thread should be thus opened; new arc is Red Line arc
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 15:10   Link #179
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Thriller Bark arc has been ended several episodes ago...'

New anime arc has begun with manga material.

new anime arc thread should be thus opened; new arc is Red Line arc
I agree except it's called in the manga: Sabaody Archipeligo arc. And thus the new thread should be called that.
Old 2009-02-16, 15:17   Link #180
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I agree except it's called in the manga: Sabaody Archipeligo arc. And thus the new thread should be called that.
[IMG]Manga spoilers[/IMG]
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote