AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-21, 01:13   Link #1421
lialiakicks

...Lelouch will probably kiss C.C. right before she dies or something. Then she'll regain her memory and then kick the bucket.

But until then, C.C. shall remain as a chobit.
lialiakicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 01:33   Link #1422
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
Quoted for truth. Which I think she would have finally obtained had she not lost her memories.
There was a pretty good theory in the Spoilers section that discussed this. What if C.C. lost her memories (and her powers/immortality) because the contract was fulfilled?

Lelouch said he knew her true wish, then made this big-ass gesture of blowing the Sword of Akasha to hell, telling her not to die and catching her as she fell. Perhaps this was "real love" like she wanted all along, and thus the contract was fulfilled and bam, she loses her immortality + any memories she had after receiving Geass.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 03:35   Link #1423
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

The scary thing is that her death flag definitely went up this episode as much as her CCXlulu chances. I always thought CC was interesting because she had so many mysteries. Just one left to be solved. this is what is her relationship with Marianne. Although I am Kalulu shipper i do see CCXlelouch with a huge power up this episode and has the edge but the line by Lelouch saying " At least smile as you die" bothers me why even say that. It can be nothing or it can foreshadow thing to come. we shall see.

Last edited by Witacume; 2008-07-21 at 03:48.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 03:39   Link #1424
Stargaze
Lost in the starry sky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
Although I am Kalulu shipper i do see CCXlelouch with a huge power up this episode and has the edge but the line by Lelouch saying " At least smile at the end" bothers me why even say that. It can be nothing or it can foreshadow thing to come. we shall see.
He said it because she was going to die, right? or so he thought. I don't see how that foreshadows her death.
Old 2008-07-21, 03:42   Link #1425
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargaze View Post
He said it because she was going to die, right? or so he thought. I don't see how that foreshadows her death.
he was trying to make her not die. Why would he say "at least smile as you die." this line is definitely could have been kept out and it would have had the same effect. Thus it can be foreshadow or absolutely nothing. needless to say a Deathflag has gone up. whether it comes to fruition is another thing.
Old 2008-07-21, 03:45   Link #1426
Stargaze

Quote:
he was trying to make her not die. Why would he say "at least smile when you die." this line is definitely could have been kept out and it would have had the same effect. Thus it can be foreshadow or absolutely nothing. needless to say a Deathflag has gone up. whether it comes to fruition is another thing.
What do you mean? She was dying though, right? And Lelouch is powerless to stop it. All he can do with to persuade her, to inspire her will to live.
Old 2008-07-21, 03:47   Link #1427
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargaze View Post
What do you mean? She was dying though, right? And Lelouch is powerless to stop it. All he can do with to persuade her, to inspire her will to live.
Exactly, why would he say "at least smile as you die" if you don't want the person to die. This makes no sense. thats why why i see it as foreshadow. Again this is just an idea.
Old 2008-07-21, 03:52   Link #1428
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Yeah pretty much, Lelouch wasn't compelling her to live, he was saying she should die with no regrets.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 03:52   Link #1429
Stargaze

Quote:
Exactly, why would he say "at least smile as you die" if you don't want the person to die. This makes no sense. thats why why i see it as foreshadow. Again this is just an idea.
Fair enough. The way I thought was that maybe because he was powerless and therefore a bit too pessimistic.
Old 2008-07-21, 04:04   Link #1430
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Yeah pretty much, Lelouch wasn't compelling her to live, he was saying she should die with no regrets.
But the reason she had regrets was because she doesn't actually WANT to die. If death was what she truly seek, she should be happy. But she isn't, therefore it is a mistake and she shouldn't do it.

Death is nothing more than an escape. Always will be.
Old 2008-07-21, 06:35   Link #1431
Daniani

Quote:
The scary thing is that her death flag definitely went up this episode as much as her CCXlulu chances. I always thought CC was interesting because she had so many mysteries. Just one left to be solved. this is what is her relationship with Marianne. Although I am Kalulu shipper i do see CCXlelouch with a huge power up this episode and has the edge but the line by Lelouch saying " At least smile as you die" bothers me why even say that. It can be nothing or it can foreshadow thing to come. we shall see.
Quote:
He said that. And I said the same thing as you yesterday, but i missed an important line after that, many people forget this line easily... the line is.

"I know what your true wish is"

Her true wish is not to die (lelouch saw it during the flashback. It could she doesn't want to die OR to find someone who love her), so now I doubt she will die.

Now I think she will not die.
Daniani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 06:43   Link #1432
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
No, her wish was to experience true love. Lelouch realised that when he saw her memories. He even said "I know of your Geass. Your true wish.". He related the Geass to wishes.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 06:52   Link #1433
Daniani

Quote:
No, her wish was to experience true love. Lelouch realised that when he saw her memories. He even said "I know of your Geass. Your true wish.". He related the Geass to wishes.
Then that doesn't change anything about my point. Her true wish is not to die, so she won't die IMO.
Old 2008-07-21, 07:09   Link #1434
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniani View Post
Then that doesn't change anything about my point. Her true wish is not to die, so she won't die IMO.
unless she is teleported to a dimension where she is 200% safe all bets are off .
Old 2008-07-21, 07:11   Link #1435
Daniani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
unless she is teleported to a dimension where she is 200% safe all bets are off .
What I want to say is that she will not die because of a "I want to die wish" since it wasn't her true wish to begin with.

Now yeah she could die, like any other character in this show, but not because of a fake wish .

@Avira why have you deleted your post? It was an interesting view...
Old 2008-07-21, 07:22   Link #1436
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
Quoted for truth. Which I think she would have finally obtained had she not lost her memories.
I do believe she realized she'd obtained it long ago. Both from Lelouch and Mao, it just took someone telling her to make her realize. Hence her power disappearing, her contract was completed.

Quote:
Her true wish is to be loved but I don't see how that overrides the death flag that popped up. She'll come to understand real love, it doesn't mean that she won't die or die for the one she loves. If anything, this strain has been getting developed through all of the show, she has been the one putting herself in danger to save him, but everytime she's had invicibility. All the times she's 'died' were not for nothing, they were showing you that she was immortal, a point they don't need to make 10000 times.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 07:25   Link #1437
Daniani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post

Her true wish is to be loved but I don't see how that overrides the death flag that popped up. She'll come to understand real love, it doesn't mean that she won't die or die for the one she loves. If anything, this strain has been getting developed through all of the show, she has been the one putting herself in danger to save him, but everytime she's had invicibility. All the times she's 'died' were not for nothing, they were showing you that she was immortal, a point they don't need to make 10000 times.
Did you read my last post before posting yours?

I know she can die, but I think the whole "death wish" thing is over.

Imo, "if" she dies, it will not be because of the fake wish she told to Lelouch.

And everyone in this show could die.
Old 2008-07-21, 07:29   Link #1438
Var
Banned

Quote:
Did you read my last post before posting yours?

I know she can die, but I think the whole "death wish" thing is over.

Imo, "if" she dies, it will not be because of the fake wish she told to Lelouch.

And everyone in this show could die.
In saying that her true wish is to be loved, I agreed with you. Her death flag is not from her old wish, it is from how the show has played on her immortality and how Lelouch talked to her at the pivotol moment. You don't just shove immortality in a person's face over and over when someone dies to make sure we understand. Or do you think they just killed her over and over (while protecting Lelouch) for shits and giggles?
Old 2008-07-21, 07:33   Link #1439
Daniani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
In saying that her true wish is to be loved, I agreed with you. Her death flag is not from her old wish, it is from how the show has played on her immortality and how Lelouch talked to her at the pivotol moment. You don't just shove immortality in a person's face over and over when someone dies to make sure we understand. Or do you think they just killed her over and over (while protecting Lelouch) for shits and giggles?
I think they did that because of Lelouch. Because he needs to understand "some things".

Till now, he saw her as a pawn. A useful pawn who is immortal.

But now it's different. After activating the Thought Elevator, he said

"She is My....!!!!"

And stopped himself, because he knows now what he said and did were wrong about her.

And her loosing her immortality is in the continuity of the Lelouch/CC plot to make her true wish happens.
Old 2008-07-21, 07:38   Link #1440
Var
Banned

Quote:
I think they did that because of Lelouch. Because he needs to understand "some things".

Till now, he saw her as a pawn. A useful pawn who is immortal.

But now it's different. After activating the Thought Elevator, he said

"She is My....!!!!"

And stopped himself, because he knows now what he said and did were wrong about her.

And her loosing her immortality is in the continuity of the Lelouch/CC plot to make her true wish happens.
Some of the times she nearly died didn't really need to happen, what did it teach him in Ep.1 of R2 that the slew of corpses all around didn't already teach him?

Also, when did he ever see her as a pawn? I think the biggest boon to their relationship was the fact that he never treated her as a pawn but an equal, if anything, she's more of his pawn now because he is her master.

He said something similar about Kallen, Shirley, Nunally, and just about every other important person. He hates having people he cares for die, C.C. is no exception. He's not going to have an epiphany of love in half an episode from hating her to desperately loving her. He cared for her, he showed her kindness, he showed her love, but he wasn't going to jump in the sac with her.

Her wish was granted this episode, she realized that she'd been loved. With her wish granted her power and C.C. are gone, now she can experience love from when she most desired it. The only problems being, death flag, and the fact that she is mentally retarded. People don't just grow up in a day.