Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2003-11-04, 08:09   Link #21
[Titan]
Tenshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
@Timo: No post counter in the threads, but still on the profile page? Isn't this exactly the way it was in the old forum?
I'm glad the user list based on post counts is gone, I don't think the postcount in the threads themselves will cause much trouble.
[Titan] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 08:55   Link #22
Timo
anime addict

@The Small One, yeah.
That would be like the old one I guess. ^_^

@Titan, I speak from experience.
Leave it in plain sight, (i.e. threads) and there will still be a lot of people post-racing or whatever you like to call it.
But if it's only in the profile page, then it's less of an "honor" to having lots of posts.
Timo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 09:04   Link #23
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

- About default thread listings -- see the options page again,
I've changed it. Default per page is now 20 posts.

- Post count in threads: I will look into this. I'll probably tweak
the way posts look a lot more anyway -- I don't like the dark bar
in between each post.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 09:16   Link #24
Timo
anime addict

You might also want to move the "Report Post | IP: Logged" part next to the edit and reply (quote) buttons.
Saves 1 line per post. ^_^

-edit-
The bottom of the page says:
"All times are GMT +1 hour. The time now is 15:21."
yet it is 13:39.

Just like the old forum the time isn't right.

-edit2-
no edit message?
Old 2003-11-04, 09:25   Link #25
[Titan]
Tenshi

Timo: That time is probably based on the server time, in that case, only the server admin can do something about it.

I also noted that the forum rules are not yet posted, I've taken the liberty of putting the rules of the "old" forum in a thread in general chat, but a sticky with the official rules and f.a.q. would be nice ^^ Please delete my thread once the official rules are up.

Last edited by [Titan]; 2003-11-04 at 10:03.
Old 2003-11-04, 09:56   Link #26
JustAnotherFan
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo
The bottom of the page says:
"All times are GMT +1 hour. The time now is 15:21."
yet it is 13:39.
As [Titan] said: It's the server time. I wrote a post about this long ago on the old forum. As nothing happened for about a month, I wrote a PM to the server admin recently and within a few days the time was corrected Unfortunately only for a few days, then the server was most likely reset and used the hardware clock again to set it's time.

I don't like the wrong time either, but I feel bad about constantly nagging him though He's probably too busy to add the lines I sent him to the crontab and the startup scripts

JAF
JustAnotherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 10:15   Link #27
Timo
anime addict

The system administrator is the only one with the rights to set the time. ^_^

And I think that's the reason there are two tables is because there are two kinds of blocks.
The first 3 are for the difference kind of mods and admins, with them members.
The last is de mods and admins per board.

Because Dranz is the only mod to be assigned to a board he shows up twice. ^_^
Old 2003-11-04, 10:59   Link #28
Forse
r00t for life

You can change Time offset using
Forse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 11:07   Link #29
JustAnotherFan
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forse
You can change Time offset using
So you suggest setting the time offest intentionally wrong by 2h to compensate the server time being wrong by 1 hour 43 mins? It wouldn't be that bad anymore, but still 17 mins off

JAF
JustAnotherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 12:02   Link #30
Forse
r00t for life

hehe I know but it's a start until admin fixes it
Forse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 19:08   Link #31
SirJeannot
AT Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwl12
Custom avatars do work. I just uploaded mine since it wasn't there before August.
great since mine is much older
Old 2003-11-04, 19:10   Link #32
[Titan]
Tenshi

I just received 4 (yes, four) notification emails for the same post, and already had some double emails this morning. Only happened a couple of times (on the 400+ notifications I received already (I should really turn it off..)) so I guess it's not a serious problem.
Old 2003-11-07, 05:41   Link #33
root
Not REAL root

Hopefully the admin installs a ntpd daemon so that the time will always get synced to some time server.

In regards to the load times, since this site appears to be php based, maybe something like php-accelerator would speed things up even more. I've seen it in action, and it does make a noticeable speed increase as well as bring the server load down. It does ion cube encoded as well as normal text php scripts, which I believe vBulletin is.

http://www.php-accelerator.co.uk/performance.php
root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-07, 13:16   Link #34
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

ermm i was wondering what Referrals are? it says it in the profiles...im guessing its if ya do summin bad?
gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-07, 13:49   Link #35
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Alrighty, I've been playing around with this crazy new forum now and here are a few of my thoughts:

1) Everything seems to load a lot quicker with the new software, I really like it!

2) I have no idea what the "subscription" thing is for.

3) When I click on the little button to start the img code, it just adds a # to my address bar and nothing happens. I don't get the [IMG] in my post, and I have the manually add it. That's five key strokes that could be spent on other things... like another five key strokes.

4) I like the new color scheme, but I don't like it as much as the old one.

5) The clickable smilies box on the left has huge spaces in between the smilies. I don't really like that a whole lot.

6) Is there a way to make it so that signatures are only displayed once per page? I really liked it before how we didn't have to see the same signature if somebody posted on a page five times.

7) If the person doesn't have a signature, then the Report Post | IP: Logged thing shows up right in the middle of the post. Can it be placed at the bottom of each post by default?

8) Before, each forum that we went to displayed all of the names of the people looking at that particular forum at the top of the page. Now, I have to scroll all the way down to see if somebody is looking at the forum. A minor inconvenience, though. I like how it looks in the threads themselves.

9) Overall, there's some work that needs to be done but it's been very good to me thus far. I'm happy with it as long as I can continue posting the way I always have.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-07, 20:41   Link #36
MagicianCamille

Send a message via ICQ to MagicianCamille Send a message via AIM to MagicianCamille Send a message via MSN to MagicianCamille
I think we need a Gundam Forum, A huge franchise such as Gundam needs to be discussed directly.
MagicianCamille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 03:14   Link #37
LynnieS

The speed and response time of the new forums are great, I must say, esp. when I'm at home reading instead of in the office. A definite improvement given the speed of my home connection vis a vis that at work.

That raised one point of confusion, however. I noticed that a cookie, I think, is used to determine when was the last time I had logged into my account, but since cookies stay on my computer, the time that tells me when was the last time I had visited isn't really the last time that I logged on.

On the plus side, the "get new" function looks to be correctly returning only those posts that were new so it's an information concern, and not a problem.
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 03:34   Link #38
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
2) I have no idea what the "subscription" thing is for.
It is basically a way of keeping track of threads that you like (or have posted in) without having to dig through the entire forum to find them.
Quote:
4) I like the new color scheme, but I don't like it as much as the old one.
I hate it. I used the blue skin to escape from all this brown on the old forum. I hope we get more skins.
Quote:
5) The clickable smilies box on the left has huge spaces in between the smilies. I don't really like that a whole lot.
I hate the smilie box also. I especially hate that we get a random selection of 16 smilies in a random order. Everytime I want to use the smilie box I have to hunt to find the smilie I want since it is always in a different place....
Quote:
6) Is there a way to make it so that signatures are only displayed once per page? I really liked it before how we didn't have to see the same signature if somebody posted on a page five times.
Ditto. I want that too!!
Quote:
Overall, there's some work that needs to be done but it's been very good to me thus far. I'm happy with it as long as I can continue posting the way I always have.
Ditto! I feel the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitation
ermm i was wondering what Referrals are? it says it in the profiles...im guessing its if ya do summin bad?
Referrals are a forum feature that isn't enabled. It is basically a method of recruitment. (You post a link to the forum with your member ID in it, then if someone follows your link to the forum and signs up, you get a referrals point.) It is described in the faq that you get to if you click the f.a.q. button at the top of the screen.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 08:39   Link #39
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Hmm... I didn't know people even used the blue skin. Anyway
I'll see what I can do about it...
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 11:13   Link #40
Megane
Sleepy Head

Send a message via AIM to Megane Send a message via MSN to Megane
Just a minor point, not really worth it's own thread really, but would it be possible to make it so that when you edit a post, it displays the other recent posts below it, like when you reply? That would make it a little easier to edit a post if you are trying to react to comments from different posters at the same time.
Megane is offline   Reply With Quote