AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black 2nd Season - Episode 02 Rating
Perfect 10 45 38.14%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 30.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 21.19%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.78%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.85%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.85%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-16, 18:30   Link #81
Xacual

How did Hei do that to August 7? Did he mess with his area distortion by blinding him temporarily with the jacket?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-10-16, 18:31   Link #82
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Flash photography, my only weakness!

Lesbian ninja lightsaber contractor. This season is now awesome.

Too soft to be a meteor...

I didn't know Willy Wonka had an UBW route... o.o
Old 2009-10-16, 18:37   Link #83
Joe_fh

Just watched the episode and well as far as I'm concerned it was great. Well not like most of you didn't already say that XD

I already said my oppinion about the OP so I'll skip that part. In a few words I served it's urpose almost perfectly.

There were a couple of action scenes this episode and they were all animated perfectly. Flawless animation no distortions and stuf,f great pace and of course awesome music.
I'm just wondering where is Hei getting all those knives from. I mean they're quite big and the break far easier than they used to ^^

First of all Hei didn't kill Suou's father. That was a big surpise. I'm quite sure the person who was talking was Hei. And here comes an interesting part - we actually don't know whot Shion's ability is. Last time we saw him he was with his fater. And he was talking to his sister with telepathy so he might had something to do with that. Though that's just assuming that's his father in the OP. Otherwise I'd imagine the ME scan would have told the about a faked death.

Another thing I found interesting was that Suou seems to know a lot about the ME. She also knew quite a bit about that Russian organisation that deals with contractors.
So the only MI6 agents left seem to be Shizume, Hazuki and that other girl. If we assume that August 7 is dead. He seemed quite strong and he got wiped out pretty fast. Which probably means, as Dann of Thursdaymentione, that the 3 left will be somewhat the new 3 agents poking around instead of the "Big 3" that did that before.
From that other conversation in the resturant the CIA seems to be up to something big. And Hei is working for them as well.

It seems Suou knew about her brother using her as a bait. She never said anything about no being him and she even kne ne escaped on his own. She has quite the resolve to protect her brother even if it costs her her life. I guess only the MI6 agents notice she was a girl. And of course Hei too...after some touching.

I guess it's not only me but that was Mao voice talking to Suou right? How can he talk to her? Wasn't his power only to transfer betwwen animals? Well guess we'll find out about that later.

Those flashback made me sad indeed. Hope Yin isn't dead...but from what she said - well let's just that say her dying seems a more and more realistic scenario. She was crying in the second flashback so that must mean something really huge was going on. I mean she rarely expresses her emotions on the outside. There were lots of dead people around though, they probably had something to do with that. Right at the end of the scene she seemed to have started glowing no idea what that could mean though.
Well I really hope she isn't dead because she was well maybe the only person left alive that Hei cared a lot about.

So why did those MI6 agents do that to Hei? Maybe they know he;s working for the CIA? And MI6 and CIA aren't on very frienly terms? Guess will find out more about that later. Either way it seems strange. If hte wanted they could have probably killed him at that time. So they must need him alive for some reason. Also his powers flowed into that metheor fragment Suou had. But the star faded either way. That must mean the power wasn't transfered right? I mean if someone else got that power from Hei for some reason the star would continue to shine. Another thing that caught my attention was that the star didn't fall - it just kind of disappeared. Basically that would mean that Hei will probably get his powers back at some point.
But well he got his nickname before he got his power so I'm sure we'll see a lot of action from him either way.

That scene with the kissing was funny. Maybe they're trying to bring a more relaxed atmoshpere to have a huge contrast with other events. Like the beach scene at the OP.

Hei also seems to have started drinking a lot. And his eyes seem dead - like they're blank. They don't reflect anything - almost like he gave up on life but yet something drives him forward.

Spoiler for About the preview:

The more I think about it the more it seems to me like Suou is really the new lead. We still have Hei but from what I can tell and judjing by the OP I think the story will partly revolve around the girl who gets dragged into the world of contractors - which, for those of us that have watched season one (almost everyone I guess XD) is really cruel, and loses everything during that jorney (thus the empty train and trainstation during the train ride in the OP)
Of course that doesn't mean we won't be getting an awesome story along with all that.

Haha no one will bother reading all this right ? And I could have made it even longer XD
Old 2009-10-16, 18:40   Link #84
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

My sister just suggested this to me and I can't believe I didn't think of it before, but could Mao possibly be in Pecha the flying squirrel? Granted, there is still the problem of how he could stay in its body without eventually losing himself, but its someting to keep in mind I think.

And I don't think that Hazuki, Shizume, and Youko are MI6 since otherwise I would think that Hazuki and Shizume would have codenames like all Contrators and Dolls in MI6 employ seem to have.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2009-10-16, 18:42   Link #85
Xacual

We only have Hei's word to the CIA agent who he seems to be forced to work for that he wasn't the one to kill the guy. I can see that going either way.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-10-16, 19:11   Link #86
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
My sister just suggested this to me and I can't believe I didn't think of it before
Trust me, plenty of other people already have.
Old 2009-10-16, 19:19   Link #87
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Trust me, plenty of other people already have.
Which does not surprise me. I didn't see it mentioned here so I thought I'd just put it out there. My apologies.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2009-10-16, 19:25   Link #88
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I believe Suou will fill the hole in Hei's heart that none of the women he met so far had ever succeeded.

If really Suou did absorb Hei's power into the pendant, more the reason he will have no choice but stick with her.

As for Yin, either she's dead or she's being kept hostage by the FBI for the purpose of blackmailing Hei into doing their dirtywork. I'm sure she didn't just abandon Hei.
Old 2009-10-16, 19:56   Link #89
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I must say I am liking Sou as a major character, anyone who manages to take out two guys with nothing but a camera, flying squirrel, and trash can is pretty awesome in my book. Heck, it's so unusual to see a photographer as a main character in any type of story (Western novel or Eastern comic) that I'm going to be biased to like them from the start. And I can't wait to see her use that big ass gun, biggest gun I've ever seen that wasn't categorized as an actual cannon. Kinda wondering why a bunch of kids have guns like that in a secret hideout though, found them cheap after the Soviet Union collapsed I guess?
And yay for a subforum! The single thread was starting to clog up fast so I'm glad for more space.
Old 2009-10-16, 19:59   Link #90
Namihana
Soul Driller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
And I can't wait to see her use that big ass gun, biggest gun I've ever seen that wasn't categorized as an actual cannon. Kinda wondering why a bunch of kids have guns like that in a secret hideout though, found them cheap after the Soviet Union collapsed I guess?
Maybe they did?

Russia did see war right? Or maybe Nika's father was a soldier, and handed it down to him? I'm sure we'll see an 'origin' episode somewhere down along the road.

As for Suou using that BFG, I'm sure she has the skill to use it. Hunting with a rifle and taking aim with a camera seems to be her good points.
Old 2009-10-16, 20:31   Link #91
Zekori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namihana View Post
As for Suou using that BFG, I'm sure she has the skill to use it. Hunting with a rifle and taking aim with a camera seems to be her good points.
Technically and realistically just "Aiming" doesn't make you a good shot, especially with a freaking Anti-Tank Riffle. There's a lot of math that needs to be taken considered when taking a shot, wind pressure, bullet velocity, and stuff like that. So far as we know, Suou is a complete amateur though we have no idea on how she will develop in a combat role. Modern day snipers are often teams of two and there is no romantic lone sniper as many people would think. But I do expect Hei will play excellent combat support when/if there are situations when she has to take a delicate shot. But I'm not holding my breath

But of course, this is a fictional story and reality was tossed out of the window long ago so who knows with Suou being a good shooter.
Old 2009-10-16, 20:40   Link #92
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekori View Post
Technically and realistically just "Aiming" doesn't make you a good shot, especially with a freaking Anti-Tank Riffle. There's a lot of math that needs to be taken considered when taking a shot, wind pressure, bullet velocity, and stuff like that. So far as we know, Suou is a complete amateur though we have no idea on how she will develop in a combat role. Modern day snipers are often teams of two and there is no romantic lone sniper as many people would think. But I do expect Hei will play excellent combat support when/if there are situations when she has to take a delicate shot. But I'm not holding my breath

But of course, this is a fictional story and reality was tossed out of the window long ago so who knows with Suou being a good shooter.
You also have to wonder at just what she'll be shooting at. It's not like she can whip it out and gun down someone with it, her rifle needs time to set up and she'll obviously need to conceal herself before firing. Take, too, into account the fact that she's traveling around Russia, and chances are, she'll be hunting someone, rather than being chased.

I can see Hei helping her get to her destination, protecting her with his ninja skills while she goes to kill whoever it is she's out to get.
Old 2009-10-16, 20:54   Link #93
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

We have some good action in this episode. I'm pretty sure that August 7 is not dead yet, he probably used some magic trick to save his ass. I really like all the new contractors that are appearing especially lesbian ninja girl.

I wonder what happened at the end when Souo started watching Hei's memories of Yin? It seemed like she was absorbing something out of him.

I really hope that Yin is not dead and that she will appear later on.
Old 2009-10-16, 21:12   Link #94
necrosis6

Interesting episode, got to see two fights Not sure what the actual power of the ninja girl is. Must have something to do with light if Hei stabbed right through her. Interesting to see that they both use wires.

I guess that the magician guy can only distort space where he can see. I would think that he would be smart enough to protect himself though. I think that under that coat is someone else that he used to replace himself with. Not sure how to interpret the last scene though. Given that suou wasn't effected, it must only affect contractors. Since the source of Hei's power is Bai who seemed to be able to talk to him at least once in S1, my guess is that Bai is alive in Hei and transferred herself into the pendant so that Hei would no longer get zapped and be able to make his escape. Anyways just a theory but no real other idea of how to interpret it. If the device could steal contractor powers, then we would be seeing some sort of uber contractor or something in the future.
Old 2009-10-16, 21:28   Link #95
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust Romance View Post
As if Hei hasn't gone through enough

He loses his sister....again, plus Yin.
He needs a hug now.

I hope he keeps his powers but even without them, he has those mad ninja skills to kick butt with.
This.

But I dont see him losing it permanently. However, when I think about it I see Suou becoming a contractor in a similar fashion as Hei, Either from Shion or Hei himself.

Regardless, she doesnt seem like a person that will allow herself to be a damsel in distress for a long period of time, so I am interested in her development.
Old 2009-10-16, 21:46   Link #96
Satty
Slash!

Huh...the 2nd episode, and 2nd season in general, seems to be good.

OP: The song was nice, and lol at Suou carrying a PTRD-41 with her.

Episode: A bunch of new characters, two awesome fights with Hei kicking ass, and a cliffhanger ending. That's all I have to say.
Old 2009-10-16, 21:59   Link #97
qxrt

I posted this in another forum, but here goes:

There's something I'm wondering about. Why is it that almost every faction (Hei and his CIA, August 7, the Russian army) thought Suou was actually her brother, Shion, but the earth golem guy (and I guess his ally the ninja girl) was the only one that knew she was a girl, even though his group also was apparently after Shion?

Even April, who had spent considerable time with Suou as Bella, couldn't distinguish her from her brother at first. So how did that one guy know? And if he did know, why did he and his group try to take the girl into custody, unlike all the other groups, who are all looking for her brother Shion and don't care at all about Suou (and would have even killed her if they found out that they had the wrong person, as Hei told her)?

Could it be shown later in the plot, or is it just a plot hole?
Old 2009-10-16, 22:17   Link #98
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qxrt View Post
I posted this in another forum, but here goes:

There's something I'm wondering about. Why is it that almost every faction (Hei and his CIA, August 7, the Russian army) thought Suou was actually her brother, Shion, but the earth golem guy (and I guess his ally the ninja girl) was the only one that knew she was a girl, even though his group also was apparently after Shion?

Even April, who had spent considerable time with Suou as Bella, couldn't distinguish her from her brother at first. So how did that one guy know? And if he did know, why did he and his group try to take the girl into custody, unlike all the other groups, who are all looking for her brother Shion and don't care at all about Suou (and would have even killed her if they found out that they had the wrong person, as Hei told her)?

Could it be shown later in the plot, or is it just a plot hole?
It sounds like Mao told her to go to the back of the house--and the golem guy was the only one there. So Mao is, most likely, working with the golem and the ninja-girl's group. This also means that they know, too, that Shion had already gotten away. I highly doubt that Shion got away all by himself, just by dressing up like his sister, since his whole family was being targeted. And if Shion is with them, he might have told them that she's carrying something quite important to him--the pendant--to entice them into bringing her back, without telling them just what it is he gave to her.

Pure speculation, but oh well.
Old 2009-10-16, 22:34   Link #99
orangejuicetang

the odd part about Yin's scene to me, was that she was naked, crying, and saying farewell to Hei. That would be an really odd way to die, especially in a series like this.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2009-10-16, 22:34   Link #100
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Jouji Nakata is the win!!!!

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Closed Thread