AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-07, 21:35   Link #61
Naive
Tabloid Journalist

Yay, the fillers have ended!I think I haven't watched Bleach in a year, after the blatant yaoi scenes in episode 68 between Ichigo and Renji, even though they were quite amusing. It's actually pretty good timing, since the manga seems to be crawling along, and I can't wait to see some of the exciting scenes from the next arc. It'll keep my interest in Bleach till the manga picks up speed again.

But I liked the transition and the inclusion of Side A and Side B from the SOULs and VIBEs books. I found those chapters to be one of the best explanations of how much Ichigo and Rukia changed each others' life. Our protagonists had no life to them before they met each other, Ichigo was going through the motions feeling powerless, and Rukia was lonely and timid..a complete change from the fiery girl in the first episode.

And it also explains why Renji was so angry at Rukia when Byakuya and himself came to retrieve her, but mostly I think he was angry at himself for hesitating so much. Poor Renji, putting up an unnecessary wall between himself and Rukia, when she couldn't care less about status. It must have hurt his pride to see her easily associating with a human.

I never thought I would see it animated. In any case, I'll just pretend the filler arc never happened and continue on not because it was bad or anything but because, by default, it messed up the transition between the SS arc and the following arc. Therefore, some of the events of the next arc may not have the same impact and excitement as it did in the manga. Overall,though, I don't think too much damage was done.

Last edited by Naive; 2007-01-08 at 01:36.
Old 2007-01-07, 23:47   Link #62
Lumir

There were alot of hints given away during this episode. Im not a magna reader but i do know a future happening when i see it/hear it.

That talk about "we have no form" and "the blade shall fall a second time, under a mask with a name"

That in all its meaning strikes me that there is definetly going to be Hichigo explanations, as well as maby the name of Hichigo's mask.

And im also guessing that its not limited to ichigo since aizen and his gang are going for the Hallow-Shinigami transformation as well.

Thing is, why dose ichigo already have his hallow form? Only thing i can think of is because his contact with rukia when she still had the "crumbling treasure"

Let the Shinigami-Hallow transformations begin! This is going to be intresting.
Old 2007-01-08, 03:44   Link #63
Pakxenon
popcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir
Thing is, why dose ichigo already have his hallow form?
Remember Urahara's training?

And delete that Aizen thing or risk ban.
Old 2007-01-08, 03:46   Link #64
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakxenon View Post

How could he spoil since he doesn't read the manga ?
Old 2007-01-08, 04:43   Link #65
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
man o man, awesome ep! I love how
Spoiler:
Was it the same way in the manga?
Old 2007-01-08, 13:45   Link #66
nitraw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Quote:

How could he spoil since he doesn't read the manga ?
Besides it was already said by Aizen in the Anime that he wants to achieve a shingami-hollow transformation (Ep61 about 0:18:00 - 0:19:00).
Old 2007-01-08, 19:08   Link #67
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
I'd love to see all ur faces when next episode we would see the story from the OP XD
I mean I'd die for to see "next arc" but not if the animation goes waaaay up :P I didn't hate bouto arc, so I could keep with the current OP arc, even if I know already what will happen XD or maybe that's the movie "Memories of Nobody"?
Old 2007-01-08, 19:09   Link #68
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I have no idea what you are trying to say, but if you are referring to the characters in the current opening, they are from the movie.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-01-08, 23:44   Link #69
Lumir

Quote:

Urahara's training was only to help ichigo gain his own death god powers.

I dont see how a hallow conciousness could of been born by that training. I mean ichigos hallow didnt even get to form properly, and such. Maby the fact that it formed the mask first allowed the conciousness to form?

Regardless, from what ive seen in the anime when people turn to hallows they dont become a completely different person, in fact they are the same person... just crazed with monsterous bodies.

Now when we see Hichigo its like a whole new being, inside of ichigo, with its own opinion and voice. Seems like another being/conciousness.
Old 2007-01-09, 03:05   Link #70
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

^actually you're on the right track :X. IMO normal shinigami are purely shinigami. When ichigo became shinigami, he became a hollow then a shinigami. The hollow kept quietly residing inside him waiting for a chance to come out.
Old 2007-01-09, 05:16   Link #71
Tsukino

Ichigo always had his hollow side. It was only when he became a shinigami and had life and death circumstances that it began to come out.

Though not in the way like it did against Byakuya, his hollow side spilled out power even in the first meeting with Renji when him and Byakuya came to retrieve Rukia. The incident in the pit with Ichigo nearly becoming a hollow wasn't the start of his duality. It was just a battle against becoming a hollow when his soul chain was completely eaten away.
Old 2007-01-09, 05:34   Link #72
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

^I dont think everyone has their own hollow inside them. In the vast history of SS, if everyone had their hollow, there ought to have been many, many cases of "hollowfication" during the battles.
Old 2007-01-09, 06:13   Link #73
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Perhaps.

I'd say that everyone has the potential to become a hollow, but few actually become one. Ichigo was certainly unusual in that he became a hollow and a shinigami nearly simultaneously during Uruhara's training.

The important question is this: How unusual was that event? As sceptileex says, there should be some cases of ghosts becoming a combination of hollow and shinigami. Unless there is something else unique about Ichigo.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-01-09, 13:37   Link #74
Tsukino

Well, I never hinted that everyone had a hollow side, only that Ichigo always had that particular side hidden in him, even before Urahara's training. That side has just always been linked to his shinigami self, since his hollow side has been shown more than once to be linked to Zangetsu himself.

Ichigo is one of the very rare cases in which he doesn't fit the description of the masses. His unique history of perhaps being a reincarnation of Kaien, which would explain his existing shinigami side without Rukia's power and his amazing reiatsu at even young ages.

Also, Urahara's unique way of brute forcing to success is probably very rarely used, such as the pit method. Cutting someone's soul chain and throwing them into that pit in order to become a shinigami is rather extreme.

I can't really go into more as that starts tapping a little information from further on in the story, so I'll leave it at that.
Old 2007-01-09, 21:00   Link #75
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Can't wait. Episode 110 should be coming out soon.
Old 2007-01-09, 23:53   Link #76
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptileex View Post
^I dont think everyone has their own hollow inside them. In the vast history of SS, if everyone had their hollow, there ought to have been many, many cases of "hollowfication" during the battles.
I have a feeling Urahara, once again, has some kind of hand behind this mystery. Makes one feel all waku-waku again.
Old 2007-01-10, 07:52   Link #77
Katsumara
The cake eater.

Ughh.. I still loo~oove how the opening works with the music T_T Bah. Loved the episode as well XD
Old 2007-01-11, 03:32   Link #78
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
who is the shinigami girl that appears in the opening? the one that main character is seems to be fighting to protect.
Old 2007-01-11, 03:37   Link #79
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
who is the shinigami girl that appears in the opening? the one that main character is seems to be fighting to protect.
That's Senna, she's from the movie. I don't think anyone else has any more info unless they went to Japan and saw the movie
Old 2007-01-11, 08:24   Link #80
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie
i need a favour... i have not been following the fillers. Just watched ep 9 cause nosannin recommended it.

I was wondering who the girl was in the op and ed... is she a character that is going to appear... is she from fillers?

would appreciate any help with this

lol never mind just read post above mine thank you lol
My Anime List

Last edited by Wavie; 2007-01-11 at 08:38.
Closed Thread