AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-27, 01:34   Link #1
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Playstation Vita

The beast has been unleashed.''

Playstation NGP.

Same form as PSP.

Dual analog. REAL Analog sticks.

3G-able.

5-inch OLED with 4x the resolution of PSP at 960 x 544.

Motion sensors, touch pad at the back, front and rear cameras, and a touch screen.

New flash-based proprietary media. Doesn't look to be UMD compatible, but with Suite, maybe they'll support downloadable PSP games.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 01:40   Link #2
Sickn3ss

Reminds me of the PFP from The world god only knows xD. I'm glad they finally decided to have dual analogs, should of been there since the first psp -.-.
Sickn3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 02:13   Link #3
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

http://kotaku.com/5744485/the-psp-2-revealed

Old 2011-01-27, 02:59   Link #4
ZODDGUTS

Game Devlopers list:

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/rele...0127a_list.pdf

Yes Square Enix is on that list.

3rd PARTY DEV/PUBLISHER LIST:
Quote:
Quote:
JAPAN
ACQUIRE Corp. ALVION Inc. AQ INTERACTIVE INC. ARC SYSTEM WORKS Co.,Ltd. ARIKA CO.,LTD. ARTDINK CORPORATION ASCII MEDIA WORKS Inc. CAPCOM CO., LTD. CHUN SOFT CO., Ltd Codemasters Software Company Limited Crafts & Meister Co.,Ltd. CyberConnect2 Co.,Ltd. D3 PUBLISHER Inc. Dimps Corporation Edia Co., Ltd. ENTERBRAIN, INC. FromSoftware, Inc Gameloft K.K. Genki Co.,Ltd. Grasshopper Manufacture Inc. GungHo Online Entertainment,Inc GUST CO.,LTD. HAMSTER Corporation HUDSON SOFT CO., LTD. IDEA FACTORY CO., LTD. Index Corporation(Atlus) IREM SOFTWARE ENGINEERING INC. KADOKAWA GAMES,LTD. Kadokawa Shoten Publishing Co., Ltd. Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. LEVEL-5 Inc. Marvelous Entertainment Inc. media5 Corporation NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc. Nihon Falcom Corporation Nippon Ichi Software, Inc. NOWPRODUCTION, CO.,LTD Q Entertainment Inc. SEGA CORPORATION SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION Spike Co.,Ltd SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd. SystemSoft Alpha Corp. TECMO KOEI GAMES CO., LTD. TOMY Company,Ltd. TOSE CO., LTD. Ubisoft K.K. YUKE’S Co., Ltd.

NA
Activision, Inc. Capybara Games Demiurge Studios Epic Games Inc. Far Sight Studios Frima High Voltage Software Kung Fu Factory Paramount Digital Entertainment PopCap Games Powerhead Games Trendy Entertainment Ubisoft® Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment 2K Games 2K Sports

EU
Avalanche Studios Climax Studios Ltd Codemasters Software Company Ltd Eurocom Developments Ltd Eutechnyx Ltd Exient Ltd Firemint PTY Ltd Gameloft SA Gusto Games Ltd Home Entertainment Suppliers PTY Ltd Impromptu Software Ltd Rebellion® Rockstar Games Sidhe Interactive Sumo Digital Ltd Team 17 Software Ltd Ubisoft Entertainment SA Zen Studios Ltd
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 03:23   Link #5
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

ill be happy with: Arc System Works, Capcom(Resident Evil 2 for NGP please?), CyberConnect2, FromSoftware, IDEA FACTORY, Atlus, GUST, Konami, LEVEL-5, Namco Bandai & Nippon Ichi Software.

It seriously better not have region-lock.
Old 2011-01-27, 04:38   Link #6
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

And hopefully a Metal Gear and/or Marvel VS Capcom title to go with it during the next 10 years of its run.

Personally, I am looking forwards to the K-ON!! Hokagou Live 2 game that would hopefully come out on this marvelous little machine in the coming year!!
Old 2011-01-27, 05:12   Link #7
Sciel
Etoilé

No region lock , some better anti piracy protection/methods , some rpgs and this is day one for me :3
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 05:49   Link #8
ZODDGUTS

Videos incase you missed the live stream:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/27/the-sony-psp2/
Old 2011-01-27, 05:57   Link #9
Zexas

I'm late to the party.

I'm more of a nintendo fan but this news http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...third_parties/ really got me excited.

Hmm if both (3DS and NGP) share the same weakness - price and battery- I might choose NGP after all
Old 2011-01-27, 06:30   Link #10
ZODDGUTS

Anyways they didn't really announced any 3rd party games from Japan seems there saving that for E3. But here's an image for one Japanese game:

Old 2011-01-27, 06:34   Link #11
Key Board
Carbon

Honestly.. this is 50% chance of being a total disaster and 50% chance of being a success

I hope the demo is not the indication of the direction they are heading with the PSP2 because there's absolutely no way this can survive with just ports

You also have to consider this

A new PS3 is around 300 dollars on Amazon. This PSP2 looks to be somewhere around that price range.

Now think for a moment. If a major title like Metal Gear Solid 4 is going to be on both the PS3 and the PSP2 why the hell would I bother owning both? Especially if the claims of graphic power being compatible is accurate.

So to me it seems that the Sony is its own worst enemy.

The PSP2 also doesn't have any new interface to bring to the table. What's going to convince people who already have say... a PS3 or an Iphone to buy one?

To me this seems that it's Kinect vs Playstation Move allover again.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 06:51   Link #12
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
While it sounds salivating to the able to play games like Uncharted on the go, those kinds of games are meant for the big screen. I can't help but feel Sony's trying to do too much by cramming every little thing into this device as well. At the end of the day, a console is for gaming, if I want to talk and network there are other much suitable devices.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 07:16   Link #13
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

It's important to note though that all that was seen was just a 'tech demo' showing the potential in the NGP. Absolutely none of those tech demos shown was confirmed to be a game in development, but rather just to show that it's 'PS3-ish' performance and that Sony has made it easy for cross-platform porting/multi-development between the 2.

I think the potential is there. Kojima cited a potential of building correlation between the NGP and PS3, where you can pick up from where you left your PS3 game on your NGP instead. It can either be a risky case of fragmentation or a situation which makes the best of the connectivity of the 2 platforms. Note though, that he's the only one who brought it up. Everyone else was just 'games or tech demo.'

Honestly, either way, it's too early to judge. NGP clearly didn't have the same amount of time compared to 3DS for the tech to really sink in for the developers, and thus only Uncharted really showed itself as a playable game, while everything else was just 'lol here's the result of 3 weeks playing with the NGP SDK.'

PSP itself didn't have the finest of starts, being a pseudo-portable PS2, with stuff having things from ports of PS1 and PS2 games. It ended up being a great system with a large amount of good games ultimately, and is still showing a lot of maturity behind the system's retentivity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
A new PS3 is around 300 dollars on Amazon. This PSP2 looks to be somewhere around that price range.
I'm thinking aside from selling it at a loss ( as usual ), they might circumvent some of the heavy cost through data plans with mobile service carriers.

Forcing a premium price, as seen from the PS3's initial debut for one, has proven itself to be quite the difficult hurdle to break, especially with competitors inching all too closely.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 07:32   Link #14
solidvanz
Special Operative

NGP's Official Specs & Photos: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/01/27...next-handheld/
Old 2011-01-27, 08:04   Link #15
ZODDGUTS

Vid of the conference though it doesn't have the 3rd party game developers part talking about the NGB and showing their presentations, still a good high quality vid:

Vid 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKsWSzAe5R4

Vid 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GLG71IouR8

Vid 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4AXgpTreEs
Old 2011-01-27, 08:40   Link #16
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Hard to be excited on the thing when they are boosting it to be as strong as a PS3. I need to see a price and battery life. 3G? I ain't signing another contract.

EDIT: Thanks ZODDGUTS.

Last edited by Knight Hawk; 2011-01-27 at 09:36.
Knight Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 09:23   Link #17
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hawk View Post
Hard to be excited on the thing when they are boosting it to be as strong as a PS3. I need to see a price and battery life. 3G? I ain't signing another contract.
There seems to be more than one SKU one with no 3G.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...hronous-gaming

Quote:
Multiple versions of the NGP will launch from late 2011, each with Wi-Fi capability. Only one, however, will also feature 3G.

"The first thing to clarify, which I'm not sure the presentation did a perfect job of doing today, is that all of the devices will have Wi-Fi capability; a separate SKU will have 3G," House said.

"So the user gets a choice. Wi-Fi is available wherever, which clearly is the most important aspect of connectivity and that connected experience; 3G will be a subset of that."

Sony is currently "working hard" on 3G partnerships. House confirmed there will be some cost to the user for 3G services.

"You'll hear more from us around that aspect of the strategy as we get closer to launch."
Old 2011-01-27, 09:26   Link #18
Sides

Someone willing to start a proper new thread and is prepare to maintain it?

Not to sure about the PlayStation Suite feature, i hope it does mean we get games cheaper than the psp/nds/3ds on release dates, and not cheap ports with hefty price tag.

Apparently all ngp will have 3g, no two units planned for the moment. source andriasang.com, original source IT Media.

Just read that iphone5 will feature the same gpu and arm processor, or similar
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 09:42   Link #19
ZODDGUTS

Not sure if that report is correct. Considering the one source I link, has a quote from SCEE boss Andrew House himself saying that they'll be two models, while both models will have Wi-Fi , only one version will have 3G with it.
Old 2011-01-27, 09:44   Link #20
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Someone willing to start a proper new thread and is prepare to maintain it?

Not to sure about the PlayStation Suite feature, i hope it does mean we get games cheaper than the psp/nds/3ds on release dates, and not cheap ports with hefty price tag.

Apparently all ngp will have 3g, no two units planned for the moment. source andriasang.com, original source IT Media.

Just read that iphone5 will feature the same gpu and arm processor, or similar
playstation suite is simply program (software?) that allow PSone game to be play on android phone. obviously we talking about old game so the price is down

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
playstation, vita, vita tv