AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-15, 12:30   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 568 (manga)

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

'Kay guys, the spoiler's out! Once again the summary is not 100% confirmed to be legit, but it does seem to match up with the single pic that's out, so... summary time:

-Ace has a flashback of his childhood. As it turns out, Roger was hated in Fuschia village, so Ace became a hoodlum in response to the villagers' malice towards his father. After the flashback ends, Ace feels that his life is not worth saving, but is still moved by how many people are risking themselves to save him nonetheless.

-Meanwhile, Whitebeard's condition worsens and he collapses during his fight with Akainu, coughing up blood. The admiral uses this chance for a counter-strike against the emperor. Marco and Jozu are still fighting their respective opponents and looking for openings. However, Marco gets hit by one of Kizaru's beams, and Jozu's left arm is frozen by Aokiji. The New World pirates are shocked at how the battle is progressing thus far......

-Luffy is back on his feet and asks Iva to inject him with more hormones. Apparently he says he doesn't know what to do next, but it doesn't matter in the end, anyway. Luffy lets out a big battle cry and the chapter ends.....

Hmmm, if these spoilers are true, then it looks like the war is currently shifting over to the marines' favor, after all. Ace's flashback sounds pretty interesting, and I kinda figured that Luffy would ask Iva for some more help eventually, anyway. Well, we just gotta wait for the full spoiler to come out now before we can be sure of anything.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-12-15 at 14:08.
Old 2009-12-15, 12:35   Link #2
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-Luffy is back on his feet and asks Iva to inject him with more hormones. Apparently he says he doesn't know what to do next, but it doesn't matter in the end, anyway. Luffy lets out a big battle cry and the chapter ends.....
Don't get me wrong here I understand the serious side of this statment and what it actually means but one can't just not say "Does Luffy ever know what to do?!!"

Well if this is how events go sounds pretty interesting to me, if part with Luffy at the end is real, has to be a epic double page!
Old 2009-12-15, 12:41   Link #3
marvelB

By the way, I was thinking about that thing Oda said in volume 0 about how this storyline is apparently Luffy's last adventure as a 17-year old. Maybe this means the hormone overdose will put Luffy in a coma that will last until well past his birthday (depending on what month the war is taking place, that is)?
Old 2009-12-15, 12:43   Link #4
james0246

Calling it now, if Luffy does release his 'kingly ambition' then it will be a support ability. Specifically, Battle Meditation. Luffy will then be able to boost not only his stats, but others in his party as well...

That being said, the spoiler seems a little...off (Why is Marco with Kizaru when he was with Garp just last chapter? And why do Kizaru's beams all of a sudden hurt Marco when they did nothing previously (unless Kizaru's Haki is greater, or Marco's Haki has lessened, they should still be a stalemate)?). But, it is still far more "realistic" (and the sole spoiler pic is too blurry to tell if it is fake or not) than some of the others...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
By the way, I was thinking about that thing Oda said in volume 0 about how this storyline is apparently Luffy's last adventure as a 17-year old. Maybe this means the hormone overdose will put Luffy in a coma that will last until well past his birthday (depending on what month the war is taking place, that is)?
No, the hormones will just cause his puberty to come on a little more harshly. Next chapter, Luffy will have a beard and a squeaky voice...

edit: Additionally, is next week the first pseudo-break for Shounen Jump?

Last edited by james0246; 2009-12-16 at 03:27.
Old 2009-12-15, 13:27   Link #5
seiji_kun

Can't wait to see the full chapter with such unexpected spoilers. WB already on the losing end while I was hoping he would be kicking Akainu's ass for what he did with Squardo. Come on WB, I'm expecting more of you.

Well the chapter seems to end with one hell of a cliffhanger. Go Luffy!! Warcries are always epic. As always Oda just has me on the edge of my seat already wanting the next chapter. He sure knows how to make his cliffhanger with double issues.

Well at least if the spoilers are legit but the pic does seem to be legit seeing you can see Iva and a lot of dust of the war.
Old 2009-12-15, 14:06   Link #6
Vree

I hope this tragic backstory doesn't become a Freuian excuse for Roger...It'd take the likeable and badass parts out of him if his great achievements were just an overreaction to compensate for being bullied as a kid. The Roger I want to see would be proud to be part of a family so despised and don't give too much importance to what the commoners say at either rate.
Old 2009-12-15, 14:07   Link #7
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
This brings me to an interessting idea: What if Haki is actually only available and controllable on reaching a specific age (18 years old)? And the battle is taking place on Luffy birthday, so that he will fully awaken it in a few chapters to turn the battle?

Well, if we assume that Mantra is a Haki-based technique then that's a no-no, since Aisa was able to use Mantra despite being a little girl. Plus, it seems that the entire Kuja tribe were already aware of the power of their Haki from an early age, as well. Methinks that the "awakening" depends more on the person rather than their age (which would make more sense since Haki is a person's willpower, anyway).......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
I hope this tragic backstory doesn't become a Freuian excuse for Roger...It'd take the likeable and badass parts out of him if his great achievements were just an overreaction to compensate for being bullied as a kid. The Roger I want to see would be proud to be part of a family so despised and don't give too much importance to what the commoners say at either rate.

Uh, it was Ace who became a punk because of his father's reputation, not Roger. I guess I didn't make it clear enough in the summary, so I edited it a little bit....
Old 2009-12-15, 14:20   Link #8
PrototypeX2

Ace's going emo, admirals getting the upper hand and Luffy is about to haki.Sounds like pretty average chapter.
Old 2009-12-15, 14:55   Link #9
james0246

^Sandersonia's Haki ability is nearly identical to Mantra. Whether it is the same is unknown, but it adds significant credence to the theory that Mantra is Haki.

That being said, being too ambitious as a child seems a bit of a stretch (unless you are a prodigy of some sort), so I do struggle a little with the idea that a child can actively use Haki (passively, sure; but actively, I do not know).
Old 2009-12-15, 16:41   Link #10
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Mantra was shown as a genetic ability. A significantly improved sense of hearing, which works independently from the will of the user.
While it seems that Haki can be used the same way, IIRC it was never shown to work passively.
Genetic? Mantra was never explained to be (strictly) an inherent ability. In fact, Gan Fall, more or less, implies that Mantra can be learned (257, thereabouts). Additionally, unless you are implying that Aisa's poor mother was raped by one of Enel's priests, then there is no way the ability can be strictly genetic considering that Aisa is a Sharidan (with some Skypiean blood, else she wouldn't have the wings), not a member of Enel's people (who came from a different sky island, not Skypiea).
Old 2009-12-15, 20:04   Link #11
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Meh. I bet next chapter Luffy is going to unleash his ultimate haki and everyone is going to be dasdggdfhjhgadsa and Luffy is going to save Ace, Whitebeard dies, Marines get humiliated, end of arc.
Old 2009-12-15, 20:07   Link #12
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That being said, the spoiler seems a little...off (Why is Marco with Kizaru when he was with Garp just last chapter?
Because the fights in this war are constantly being interrupted and left unfinished .

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
WB already on the losing end while I was hoping he would be kicking Akainu's ass for what he did with Squardo. Come on WB, I'm expecting more of you.
It's perfectly understandable for Whitebeard to be losing right now. It doesn't matter how powerful he is, for a fatal stab wound that severe will slow anyone down.
Old 2009-12-15, 20:53   Link #13
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Because the fights in this war are constantly being interrupted and left unfinished .

Yep, that certainly has happened a good number of times already. I guess Kizaru wanted a piece of Marco more than Garp did, that's all. In fact, I notice that Borsalino has a tendency to pick on first mates (Zoro, Rayleigh, and now Marco).....

By the way, an update on Croc vs. Dofla would be welcome, as well. I'm still pretty interested in seeing that epic Clash of the Pimps.
Old 2009-12-15, 21:04   Link #14
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I think that while we did see Garp jump into the fray, he only really punched Marco to stop him from getting to Ace. He then sat down in a chair (that seemed to come out of no where btw)while Macro was sent flying back.
I don't think it meant that they would be squaring up to each other just like so.
While Marco was sent back, Kizaru could have stepped in at that time.

This is one thing I'm loving about this its totally chaotic, none of this one on one matching up bullshit, just one big ass battle royal!!!
Old 2009-12-15, 21:06   Link #15
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I just thought of something. You guys know which two warlords would make a devastating combination? Moria and Doflamingo. Just have Doflamingo completely stop someone's movements by controlling them, and then have Moria remove the shadow of the said helpless victim. There would be no escape from such a double team technique .
Old 2009-12-15, 21:26   Link #16
james0246

^Yeah, but DoFlamingo only wants to work with 'pretty boys', and Moria is definitely not 'pretty' anymore...
Old 2009-12-15, 21:34   Link #17
andy

Quote:
^Yeah, but DoFlamingo only wants to work with 'pretty boys', and Moria is definitely not 'pretty' anymore...
lol

any way pics out seem the spoilers were right .

Marco gets shoot in his back look like he was worry about WB.
Wb does look like he on his last leg but all that going to change after luffy give out his battle cry at the end of the chapter .
Next week luffy going to F$@% the place and some marines.
I expect the pirates to go crazy next week
Old 2009-12-15, 21:35   Link #18
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
LOL. I guess you have a point. That pretty much rules out an alliance with not just Moria, but Kuma, Jimbei, and Blackbeard (the beasts of the shichibukai, if you will) as well. Only Crocodile and Mihawk are of interest to him (I don't say Hancock since I question how "straight" Doflamingo is, if you know what I mean ).
Old 2009-12-15, 22:04   Link #19
marvelB

Looking at the pics, I can definitely confirm one thing: Buggy's back, bitches! That pretty much makes the chapter for me right there.

Oh, and Akainu's magma hound attack was pretty cool too, I guess.

Edit: Well, aohige's translating the pics. Luffy tells Iva that his request for the hormone boost is his final request, which definitely implies that he intends to throw his life away..... yikes. Also, Buggy's as badass as ever, saying that he's not out of the game yet. Oh, and I guess there was some drama with Ace or whatever, but.... eh.

I hope we finally see Sengoku spring into action next chapter, especially since Luffy's now in 'roid hormone rage mode.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-12-15 at 22:23.
Old 2009-12-15, 23:31   Link #20
Rainbowman

My review:

Ace has a flashback, Whitebeard is not doing so well against Akainu, Marco and Jozu are struggling against Aokiji and Kizaru, and Luffy asks Ivankov to inject his hormones into him. Plus we see that Buggy is back in action. Well that's all the reviews for this year. I feel like I'm gonna sleep through the holidays until the next chapter comes.
-_- <zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Closed Thread