AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-16, 17:59   Link #9881
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Wow this seriously made me lol, so I felt like sharing it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_784274.html

Quote:
Man Makes Ridiculously Complicated Chart To Find Out Who Owns His Mortgage (CHART)

But just how complicated? This chart from Zero Hedge shows the convoluted journey a mortgage takes as it morphs into a security. Dan Edstrom, of DTC Systems, who performs securitization audits, and who is giving a seminar in California next month, spent a year putting together a diagram that traces the path of his own house's mortgage. "Just When You Thought You Knew Something About Mortgage Securitizations," says Zero Hedge, you are presented with this almost hilariously complicated chart.

A controversy of allegedly shoddy paperwork has raised doubts about the legitimacy of foreclosures nationwide, eliciting complaints from homeowners and investors alike. The Congressional Oversight Panel, a bailout watchdog, released a statement Tuesday that says the scandal over alleged "robo-signers," foreclosure processors who approve documents without reading them, "may have concealed much deeper problems" in the mortgage industry, HuffPost's Shahien Nasiripour reports.

Regulators will have their hands full.

"[D]ecide how long you think it will take for Barney Frank and Eric Holder to sort everything out," Zero Hedge says.
And here is the chart.

Old 2010-11-17, 01:19   Link #9882
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Prince William and girlfriend Kate Middleton are sent congratulations from around the world after announcing their engagement.

Well it's about time. And woo to all William fangirls who are all crying about this news.
Old 2010-11-17, 04:26   Link #9883
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Wow this seriously made me lol, so I felt like sharing it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_784274.html

And here is the chart.

I've been doing a lot of simultaneous laughing and crying lately... this chart instigated some more of it when I saw it. A "mortgage" is even MORE ridiculous an instrument than I had as a mental model of how the housing finance system was broken.
Old 2010-11-17, 05:11   Link #9884
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

U.N. panel cuts gay reference from violence measure
http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNew...6AG0BB20101117
Old 2010-11-17, 08:56   Link #9885
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Iran starts "biggest" air defense war games
http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNew...6AF4P320101116
I don't know how much we should take this as a capacity demonstration and how much bluffing .
does that answer your question ?

Quote:
Iran says foreign planes violated its airspace
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/11...ated-airspace/
TEHRAN, IRAN – Iran said Wednesday that unidentified foreign planes violated its air space six times as the country kicked off its biggest ever air defense drill but that the intruders were intercepted and forced back by Iranian jets.

The remarks by Gen. Hamid Arjangi, a spokesman for the exercise, were the first Iranian claim of an intrusion. Initially, he had only said that foreign reconnaissance planes had approached Iran's air space.

Arjangi said Iran's radar stations and observation posts picked up on the planes entering Iranian air space during the five-day drill, which started Tuesday.

"There were six cases of intrusion by unidentified planes into the country," Arjangi was quoted as saying by the official IRNA news agency. "In all six cases, Air Force jet fighters took off and carried out interception operations ... artillery systems were alerted, targets were identified and necessary warnings were given."

The Iranian exercise is meant to showcase the country's capabilities in defending its nuclear facilities from possible attack.
interesting that the "Intruders" decided to pick the one time when Iran's entire air defense forces are on the highest state of alert to try and Intrude.
Old 2010-11-17, 12:07   Link #9886
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
interesting that the "Intruders" decided to pick the one time when Iran's entire air defense forces are on the highest state of alert to try and Intrude.
It's the best way to find the real maximum effectiveness of their air defence... and it weak(s) point(s) .
Old 2010-11-17, 12:19   Link #9887
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I find it suspicious that there's no info where those intruder planes came from. That's why I think there's a possibility that they're bluffing. That doesn't mean to say I don't think they really did do what they said they did.
Old 2010-11-17, 13:26   Link #9888
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

More likely there are *always* "intruder planes" (MiB) and they just happened to notice them this time
Old 2010-11-17, 13:53   Link #9889
Azumanga Davo
Chiyo IQ, Osaka Aptitude

Probably feared QANTAS would be dropping things on top of them...
Old 2010-11-17, 14:41   Link #9890
flying ^

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/11...rate-tax-vote/
Please bring your talents to Wall Street & Boston, and buy some McMansions in South Beach and in super-exclusive gated communities in Brentwood
Old 2010-11-17, 15:04   Link #9891
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/11...rate-tax-vote/
Please bring your talents to Wall Street & Boston, and buy some McMansions in South Beach and in super-exclusive gated communities in Brentwood
Heh, you don't get it, thats just fear-mongering to turn the tides. Besides, imo they would rather migrate to Liechtenstein or Monaco than the USA.
Old 2010-11-17, 20:32   Link #9892
flying ^

George Sorros: Obama might not be a good, sound investment.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_785022.html
Old 2010-11-17, 21:37   Link #9893
Autumn Demon
~

"President Obama to award George W. Bush the Presidential Medal of Freedom"

How clueless can an editor get? The writer of the story probably got it right (it says George H.W. Bush in the first sentence, which is obviously the correct Bush), but not only is the headline wrong, a picture of Dubya is used. Really makes me lose faith in mass media.
Old 2010-11-17, 23:31   Link #9894
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Demon View Post
"President Obama to award George W. Bush the Presidential Medal of Freedom"

How clueless can an editor get? The writer of the story probably got it right (it says George H.W. Bush in the first sentence, which is obviously the correct Bush), but not only is the headline wrong, a picture of Dubya is used. Really makes me lose faith in mass media.
Big difference, that "H".
Old 2010-11-18, 03:40   Link #9895
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Big difference, that "H".
Should have used Bush Sr.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-11-18, 06:28   Link #9896
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Palin says she could beat Obama in 2012
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1803766/

If that happend, we are really screwed, not only the americans.
Old 2010-11-18, 06:48   Link #9897
Azumanga Davo
Chiyo IQ, Osaka Aptitude

Quote:

No wonder everyone forecasts doom and gloom in 2012. Thank god for the apocalypse timetabled.
Old 2010-11-18, 08:41   Link #9898
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:

Palin's whole "Oh look, there's some bad news I'll have to deliver to the Alaskan people if I stay as governor, I'll resign then my successor will take the heat" stunt should kill any chance of getting the Republican nomination. I can already see the attack ads. "When the going gets tough, Sarah Palin is gone" or "Sarah Palin's solution to Alaska's budget problems? Resign and let someone else worry about it." Something along those lines.
Old 2010-11-18, 09:19   Link #9899
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Palin's whole "Oh look, there's some bad news I'll have to deliver to the Alaskan people if I stay as governor, I'll resign then my successor will take the heat" stunt should kill any chance of getting the Republican nomination. I can already see the attack ads. "When the going gets tough, Sarah Palin is gone" or "Sarah Palin's solution to Alaska's budget problems? Resign and let someone else worry about it." Something along those lines.
Some would say than it's the republican way.
Old 2010-11-18, 10:29   Link #9900
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

If she does become the president, then it is going to be a major bit of sexism running over the country during her term under the slogan "women shouldn't take leadership positions".

Seriously, she in that position is not only making women leaders look bad, she is a shame when compared to strong women like Aunt Marge and Angie. Her way of doing politics are sickening.

And......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Missus View Post
No wonder everyone forecasts doom and gloom in 2012. Thank god for the apocalypse timetabled.
Obviously.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international