AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2006-10-25, 17:05   Link #361
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode wasent bad we got to see more action center around the Knightmare Frames and we got to see just how Lelouche thinks. Hes to be an able commander and makes good choices in battle. We got a tiny look at his motives but not much. That new mech Lancelot was intresting it seems to have higher mobility and speed than normal ones. I would imagin that the pilots reflexes have to be top knotch to pilot it
Old 2006-10-25, 17:23   Link #362
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
If you're talking about the scan I posted earlier on, then I guess we have to take a dump of salt on Lelouch's white hair. Code Geass scans in Newtype must have beaten all records for inaccuracy. They've lately colored Lancelot with a red/gold color pattern, Lelouch's hair dark-reddish, Shirley's hair black, Lelouch's eye green and even C.C.'s hair hot pink instead of green. The colorist doesn't seem to check the original character design files or it must be several artists working independently from each other without cooperation and checking up previous (released) drawings.
It was a joke... Apparently no one got the whole Shirogane concept joke from another manga, Le Cirque De Karakuri, in which similarly to Lelouch, people bind contracts with someone to grant them power, which results in the effect of an overwhelming mind-weld of hate from the original contractor and has their hair turn silver, considering how some people thought C.C may very well has some effect on his revenge-driven head.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 17:52   Link #363
StanAce
Opinionated Fool

Hrmm.. Have you guys seen the preview AnimeNewsNetwork gave Code Geass?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature.php?id=264

It definitely doesn't do the series any justice.
StanAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 18:01   Link #364
JediNight
キズランダム

The people in the Knightmares weren't exactly doing hard manuevers ... they were shooting off a couple tethers and firing some guns ... no really hard manuevers. Presumably they are 6th Gen Knightmare frames, and somehow the 7th Gen is like batshit insane better? You saw the types of moves Suzaku was using .... that's beyond just a superior suit, and I doubt half that stuff is even possible in a simulator.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 20:57   Link #365
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

More interestingly, where did Suzuka learn to pilot Lancelot? Or even have time to go to a simulator? I don't think Lelouch took that much time. Heck, it's even the same school-day.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 22:10   Link #366
nubby

Well it is a newer mech and being the only prototype, it should be more powerful like 99% of mech anime out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
More interestingly, where did Suzuka learn to pilot Lancelot? Or even have time to go to a simulator? I don't think Lelouch took that much time. Heck, it's even the same school-day.

Suzuka is a soldier, he doesnt go to school, yet. It was said that Suzuka was top of the class in simulation. He can't pilot the Knightmare because of his status but they probably wanted more people for reserve just in case something happens.
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 23:01   Link #367
monstratboy

I've said this before but in each of the the episodes the thumb buttons on the mech joysticks seem to have mouse like properties as they spin it sometimes and press it to activate guns, scan, drop their wheels which is kind of interesting.
Its obvious anyone and their little sister has the skills to pilot one and it must be well labelled . The problem I guess then is getting our minds round the fact that the scientists in this world have created very user friendly controls for a very complex machine.

Quote:
Hrmm.. Have you guys seen the preview AnimeNewsNetwork gave Code Geass?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature.php?id=264

It definitely doesn't do the series any justice.
I found it totally funny how this person just rolled over this show, and labelled clamp everywhere and barely comments on the actual character design. And cheese, there may possibly be some adverse feelings to American foreign policy somewhere in this show, but how do some people immediately just ignore the blatant use of old Britain history, rule, colonising and monarchy system and say that because most of the Britannia forces moved from the north american continent, its a dig at Bush wanting to take over the world.

Last edited by monstratboy; 2006-10-25 at 23:49.
monstratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 00:13   Link #368
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby View Post
Suzuka is a soldier, he doesnt go to school, yet. It was said that Suzuka was top of the class in simulation. He can't pilot the Knightmare because of his status but they probably wanted more people for reserve just in case something happens.

I thought it said he was top class at a simulator. Not sure what the exact japanese said, but that's what the subs said, so I thought he only just took the simulator which made sense to me at the time because he was a grunt so I thought it was unlikely he ever piloted in a nightmare frame.

Old 2006-10-26, 00:16   Link #369
Sevaasu
My World, My Rules

not only has the anime news network crew totally dissed anime, they were totally self centered....geez (unlike you guyz here at suki, you guyz rox) i think they were way too harsh, anime isn't flippin perfect you know!
Sevaasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 00:29   Link #370
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevaasu View Post
not only has the anime news network crew totally dissed anime, they were totally self centered....geez (unlike you guyz here at suki, you guyz rox) i think they were way too harsh, anime isn't flippin perfect you know!
Well, despite the amount of information in their database,
the only staff member they seem to recognize is "Clamp", and label the whole thing a Clamp project.
When infact, Clamp has very little to do with the anime in actuality.

Furthermore, after reading through the other reviews, I'm pretty confident that these column writers at ANN are totally clueless about the very subject they are writing about... anime in general.
I don't usually read that site because I have hard time connecting to their pages for some reason, but that's not the only reason why I don't read their babbling.
Old 2006-10-26, 00:48   Link #371
JediNight
キズランダム

Don't trust ANN for any actual news -- most of their stuff is garbage. Their encyclopedia is great, the actual news? .... not so much...
Old 2006-10-26, 01:09   Link #372
ImClueless
Rawr

Just saw episode two and BOOO! I thought Sunrise was gonna do something different and kill off the childhood friend and mystery girl in the first episode, but NooOOoo they just HAD to resurrect the childhood friend. Bah!
ImClueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 05:03   Link #373
Mephisto2k
anime4life

Looks like clamp made another great anime. However this tactical preudo intelligent stuff somehow reminds me of death note. But I like lelouch. He is intelligent, have his own interests, an interesting power and a little touch of creazyness while being a genius. Interesting setting dispite all the mechas.
Mephisto2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 05:10   Link #374
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephisto2k View Post
Looks like clamp made another great anime. However this tactical preudo intelligent stuff somehow reminds me of death note. But I like lelouch. He is intelligent, have his own interests, an interesting power and a little touch of creazyness while being a genius. Interesting setting dispite all the mechas.
....this is probably not a good time to go around associating Code Geass with Clamp only.... *looks at posts above*

Old 2006-10-26, 05:17   Link #375
JediNight
キズランダム

Character design was provided by CLAMP -- the story is not. The production is done by Sunrise, and I'm not sure if it's an original story, or based on a previous manga or novel. So really you cannot attribute anything but the character design to CLAMP...
Old 2006-10-26, 05:28   Link #376
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Character design was provided by CLAMP -- the story is not. The production is done by Sunrise, and I'm not sure if it's an original story, or based on a previous manga or novel. So really you cannot attribute anything but the character design to CLAMP...
キャラクターデザイン原案:CLAMP
キャラクターデザイン:木村貴宏

Character Conceptual Design: CLAMP
Character Design: Takahiro Kimura

You know, might as well just say

Lulu and Suzaku Design: CLAMP
Everyone else: Kimutaka

Especially the girls. The girls are 100% pure Kimutaka designs, no matter how you look at it. And with the exception of a few bishounen characters, most of the male characters are straight Kimutaka designs too.
I've followed countless Kimutaka designed anime, and played countless adult games with his character design. There's no mistaking his artstyle.

IMO, CLAMP is nothing but a brand name they stick on the face to get certain groups of fans, mainly female fans, attracted to the show.
If it was just Kimutaka, then it'd attract only nipple-seeking fanboys.

*cough* I'm not talking about myself, of course.
Old 2006-10-26, 05:30   Link #377
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImClueless View Post
Just saw episode two and BOOO! I thought Sunrise was gonna do something different and kill off the childhood friend and mystery girl in the first episode, but NooOOoo they just HAD to resurrect the childhood friend. Bah!
It's called 'plot device.' Besides, Suzaku does seem to be vital for the development of the story.

I see pessimism regarding Suzaku's abilities. Well, it's no surprise, considering how many people believe one of the most hyped series for Sunrise was actually rather...shall we say, below expectations? I do believe that while the illogical part about pilots stand, they should show how and when Suzaku gets trained, perhaps. If he was to be a vital character in the show, they could at least show that much.

Which makes me wonder something about Lancelot and the other Nightmares...

Spoiler:

ANN's news? What news? I hardly ever visit the forums anymore. It's just not worth the time too.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 07:02   Link #378
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Lulu and Suzaku Design: CLAMP
Everyone else: Kimutaka

Especially the girls. The girls are 100% pure Kimutaka designs, no matter how you look at it. And with the exception of a few bishounen characters, most of the male characters are straight Kimutaka designs too.
I've followed countless Kimutaka designed anime, and played countless adult games with his character design. There's no mistaking his artstyle.

IMO, CLAMP is nothing but a brand name they stick on the face to get certain groups of fans, mainly female fans, attracted to the show.
If it was just Kimutaka, then it'd attract only nipple-seeking fanboys.
The first DVD is going to have a collection of original design work by CLAMP, so I guess we'll find out for sure then Though I think you're mostly correct.
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 07:06   Link #379
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
The first DVD is going to have a collection of original design work by CLAMP, so I guess we'll find out for sure then Though I think you're mostly correct.
Oh, I'm sure they'll have designs for the other characters.
Just as Kia Asamiya did conceptual designs for Nadesico characters.
But there's no mistaking that Nadesico characters are Keiji Goto character designs, right? That's exactly what I mean.
Old 2006-10-26, 08:37   Link #380
firetiger027

There already have been charater design sheets put out showing the Clamp designs for ALL the main characters. To say they only designed Lelouch and Suzaku is silly though. Jermiah(SP?), Clovis and most of the other guys look exactly like Clamp characters too. I'll give you the girls though...
firetiger027 is offline   Reply With Quote