AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-26, 03:04   Link #201
41nano

I can't wait to read the ending..
Old 2007-08-01, 07:28   Link #202
ItachiGT
Banned

Ah, when it is going to be scanlated xD...........

Have read up until chapter 38 now.

I must admit, the story is one hell of madness......nothing is as it seems to be.......
All i can say is that Misaki and Satou are both the biggest liars ever.

Ah, can't wiat for the two last chapters.
Old 2007-09-02, 01:53   Link #203
41nano

Question

I have to say the wait is killing me

I was wondering if the eroge given with the sixth volume was any good ?
Old 2007-10-28, 06:06   Link #204
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I just finished the last two chapters of NHK ni Youkoso!, and i found that to be more of an ending to the series, then compared to the anime. The last chapter played out like a classic 'NHK' chapter, the type of enjoyment i've been experiencing since the first chapter. Sure i feel the same for the anime, though this just felt right, how it should have been.

I'll finish the novel today, and then i'll have nothing else...
Old 2007-11-03, 06:01   Link #205
lreth
Inbou

Send a message via MSN to lreth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I just finished the last two chapters of NHK ni Youkoso!, and i found that to be more of an ending to the series, then compared to the anime. The last chapter played out like a classic 'NHK' chapter, the type of enjoyment i've been experiencing since the first chapter. Sure i feel the same for the anime, though this just felt right, how it should have been.

I'll finish the novel today, and then i'll have nothing else...
well both anime and manga end up similarly, except the things that the characters are doing... they still found a way of life :P
On a different note in the manga ending u can see more of the developement of each one's life (for example Sato's part-time job and physical appearence, Yamazaki's new game project/work[?] but both of them are good endings imo)
Old 2007-11-03, 16:43   Link #206
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

It ended. Now that I think about it wasn't as good as I remembered it. Still a pretty damn awesome manga. Not the best, but definitely something you need read once if your lifetime.
Old 2007-11-04, 05:56   Link #207
41nano

Great ending, I think either it would finish thus either it would finish
Spoiler for end:

My favorite manga ever, because it made me feel so much things, I often could see myself in Sato, it's like the loss of a friend.
Btw, am i the only one who thinks the drawing quality which was good in the first chapters, has gone very average in the last ones ?
Old 2007-11-04, 10:46   Link #208
u43368
Disabled By Request

I'm reading the manga and saw the anime long ago. I'm curious as to how the manga ends, but I want to read it myself after the last volume comes to America (which should be a little under a year I'm guessing).

I honestly can't find any manga similar to this, which is quite unfortunate.

Last edited by u43368; 2007-11-04 at 17:19.
Old 2007-11-04, 14:36   Link #209
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroni View Post
I'm reading the manga and saw the anime long ago. I'm cutious as to how the manga ends, but I want to read it myself after the last volume comes to America (which should be a little under a year I'm guessing).

I honestly can't find any manga similair to this, which is quite unfortunate.
Yeah the closest thing is Genishiken, but they are no way similar. Hell the story telling might even be closer to Goth again nothing like NHK. So yeah it's really in a league on it's own. Which isn't really a bad thing. I love that this manga is so unique.
Old 2007-11-05, 03:22   Link #210
lreth
Inbou

Send a message via MSN to lreth
Yep its way more original than any other manga around i think >.>
Old 2007-11-06, 01:59   Link #211
asdffdsa

The first three quarters are by far composed of the best manga I've ever read. But...

I'm sort of disappointed with the ending, and the last quarter of the manga in general. Seems like there's too much jumping around with seemingly insignificant plots at the end (as if the author had lost interest at this point), most of which leave you with an uncomfortable and uneasy feeling afterwards.

But, still, I can't come to grips with this ending:

Spoiler for Ending confusion:
Old 2007-11-06, 08:52   Link #212
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdffdsa View Post
The first three quarters are by far composed of the best manga I've ever read. But...

I'm sort of disappointed with the ending, and the last quarter of the manga in general. Seems like there's too much jumping around with seemingly insignificant plots at the end (as if the author had lost interest at this point), most of which leave you with an uncomfortable and uneasy feeling afterwards.

But, still, I can't come to grips with this ending:

Spoiler for Ending confusion:
Spoiler for ending:
Old 2007-12-14, 20:28   Link #213
Lamington

Welcome to the N.H.K.

I just got to volume 5 in the series, does it turn into a drama now?
Old 2008-01-19, 04:36   Link #214
stivsama

Love the part where Satou's mother caught him.. with something in his nose, haha! (Among other activities)

So when's the live-action version gonna be shown? *hopes*
Old 2008-06-30, 21:04   Link #215
Iansheng

Welcome to the NHK! NHK ni YOukoso!

I can't believe it. After searching on the net for about an hour, I still can't find a forum discussing the 40 volume manga of Welcome to the NHK! Am I looking in the wrong places? Please help me find it! I beg you! There's so much more that I would like to ask! Please?
Old 2008-06-30, 21:42   Link #216
sumowow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iansheng View Post
I can't believe it. After searching on the net for about an hour, I still can't find a forum discussing the 40 volume manga of Welcome to the NHK! Am I looking in the wrong places? Please help me find it! I beg you! There's so much more that I would like to ask! Please?
Well there is one around here, but its buried deep in the forums. You'll have to search for it.
Old 2009-01-22, 16:44   Link #217
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
I have a question. The manga is rated mature? so is the anime.....I know this shows like pretty old.
But the covers of the dvd's look so "fan-servicey" and im not big on fan-service. but I heard the anime is mostly allusions to that stuff and doesn't really have any "true ecchi" to it, besides what they talk about?
Old 2009-01-22, 17:01   Link #218
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
NHK dabbles into Otaku culture and stuff but isn't at all fanservicey, it uses the sexuality that is blatantly thrown around in other mangas/animes and uses it as an effective plot device. I mean seriously NHK has to be one of the only mangas that use fanservice as a way to actually progressing through story and show character developtment.

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2009-01-22, 19:30   Link #219
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post
NHK dabbles into Otaku culture and stuff but isn't at all fanservicey, it uses the sexuality that is blatantly thrown around in other mangas/animes and uses it as an effective plot device. I mean seriously NHK has to be one of the only mangas that use fanservice as a way to actually progressing through story and show character developtment.
oh gotcha so theirs no 'real" ecchi or nudity....except when it's used for the plot/story.
thats kewl

is the manga the same way too I assume?

Last edited by MercFH; 2009-01-22 at 19:32. Reason: :)
Old 2009-04-27, 12:14   Link #220
Haz

Welcome to the NHK

Does anyone know where I can buy volume 1 of Welcome to the NHK?
Its not being printed anymore, and I don't know if its going to be printed ever again.

I'v tried all of the Amazons and Ebays but no results.
Closed Thread