AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-07, 20:37   Link #1781
Marion
The Great Dine

Unless them talking for so long was a faked scene, but I highly doubt that myself. One of the servants could have done it too but ended up dying somehow, as Battler said.
Old 2009-08-07, 22:08   Link #1782
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
How is Maria excluded? Jessica is excluded; red text says she isn't a murderer.
Old 2009-08-08, 07:04   Link #1783
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Because there's no way a nine year old girl could set up that complex scene of the first twilight in Ep3. There are people scattered on several floors, and one inside the chapel.
Also if she used a fire weapon 4 times inside the house, the adults would have noticed, and barring that it's impossible she could cause such wounds with a spear.

Well, you could say it is still possible, but I think it is by no way more possible than the idea that one of the adults did the whole first twilight in a short time span using a potty break as an excuse to momentarily leave the "conference".

In the end if you use common logic everyone is innocent. Then you can't use common logic, but if you don't, the adults aren't out of suspicion anymore.

Old 2009-08-08, 10:51   Link #1784
Marion
The Great Dine

Plus with her size if Maria fired off a Winchester the recoil could easily snap her wrists.

As far as it goes I think one of the adults could be the main culprit, but they weren't able to leave the discussion so their accomplice, knowing they couldn't leave, did the murders for them.

Example: Gohda served the adults tea. If he was the accomplice he would know that whoever he was with probably wouldn't be able to get out.
Old 2009-08-08, 11:48   Link #1785
rogerpepitone

Mare's Leg was not a high recoil weapon. It was designed to be used one-handed, after all.
Old 2009-08-08, 11:55   Link #1786
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
Mare's Leg was not a high recoil weapon. It was designed to be used one-handed, after all.
First that was movie, second that was a movie! Of course in a movie you could make such a weapon a one-handed weapon but rebuilding it as a real weapon makes a high difference. THIRD MARIA IS NINE YEAR OLD CHILD! She doesn't do any sports, she is almost no strength in her arm, even shooting with a normal handgun could harm her
Old 2009-08-08, 12:08   Link #1787
Anju-chan
Fly!!!
*Author

Thanks for all the answers guys!

Courtesy of ayu-smepai
Old 2009-08-08, 13:15   Link #1788
rogerpepitone

Kitsu: I found a guy who makes working reproductions of Mare's Leg. I emailed him and he says that they produce little recoil and can be fired one handed.
Old 2009-08-08, 13:23   Link #1789
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That may be, be a .45 Colt puts out a sizable kick in pistol form. While a normal rifle might have less kick, these sawed off jobs would still have some kick. And as mentioned, she's rather small.
Old 2009-08-09, 19:14   Link #1790
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Why is it impossible she couldn't have killed Hideyoshi, Rudolf and Kyrie? She could have snuck out, since her door was locked and everyone was under the assumption she was sleeping inside. Although it's more likely there is a culprit that was hiding in the mansion and killed people off one by one. Maybe Eva and Beatrice teamed up, after Rosa and Maria's deaths?
It's more logical to assume, given the circumstances, that the three of them shot each other.

Besides, if Hideyoshi really did lie about Eva's whereabouts, that means that he is at least marginally willing to help her. Eva may be greedy for the gold, but that motive doesn't work as an excuse to kill Hideyoshi or George. Hideyoshi can't inherit anyway and George is the most important person in her life. At worst, she could have killed Kyrie and Rudolf after somehow sneaking out unnoticed and finding Hideyoshi shot, but it's still fairly questionable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
the funny thing about "she cannot have done the first twilight" is that for the same reason you should say the same for all the adults, Maria and Battler are excluded, the 6 sacrifices are dead and there was no suicide and no trap. You only have Nanjo George and Jessica left, however you are facing with the unlikely situation of either george and jessica killing the person they love, and Nanjo being an old man and all.
Nanjo is old, but we don't know how physically strong he really is yet (he sleeps a lot and acts weak, but we know he could well be a good liar). And it's possible he could have killed everyone by luring them away before killing them in the places they were found. In fact, it would be quite easy for Nanjo. "Kanon, come quickly, Shannon has been hurt!" "Mr. Gohda, I need your help to attend to Mr. Kinzo!" etc. George is possible if he woke up at night unnoticed, otherwise we're left with the adults at the conference.

If someone had been gone from the conference more than a few minutes, the next morning when the bodies were found I'm quite certain one of the other adults would've noted that. Which means that as far as I'm concerned, the only other option is not that one of the adults killed everyone in the First Twilight, but all of them did, or at least approved of someone doing it. That seems at odds with their behavior the next day.
Old 2009-08-10, 00:31   Link #1791
Magicberyl

Spoiler for My thoughts:

Agh, i hate thinking about theories.
Old 2009-08-12, 10:30   Link #1792
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote of the week:

"The simple explanation for Kyrie's death is something like: 'Kyrie and Rudolf took Hideyoshi to the mansion to blackmail him over Rosa's murder, but they had a falling-out with guns.'"

Because having a falling-out with guns is awesome.
Old 2009-08-12, 11:58   Link #1793
rogerpepitone

But what happened to those guns?
Old 2009-08-12, 12:15   Link #1794
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
But what happened to those guns?
I dunno, it's just a random quote I found on TVTropes that gave me lulz
Old 2009-08-12, 22:51   Link #1795
Magicberyl

It says somewhere that the suspect took the Master Keys, why the hell does a Witch need keys if she can pop doors like previous cases?
Old 2009-08-13, 11:01   Link #1796
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

In ep3? where does it say that?

Old 2009-08-13, 18:19   Link #1797
Magicberyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
In ep3? where does it say that?
if my memory doesn't fail me, it's Hideyoshi, Rudolf and Kyrie's keys.
Old 2009-08-14, 10:28   Link #1798
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Uhm you are right, they had one masterr key and that was stolen from them, along with the two guns.

Old 2009-08-14, 14:52   Link #1799
Kazuki_Kun

Just finsihed Episode 3 last night.

OMG. I sort of saw the Beato twist coming. but Virgilia, really?! bitch! haha

Anyway, I sort of thought of something for the people who are denying magic outright. Your answer will come from whichever side you support, I suppose. Now, I haven't read episode 4, so correct me if i'm wrong, but,

IF Higurashi and Umineko are in the same universe, but just different kakera, how did Hanyuu use her magic in Higurashi, such as stopping time, granted a human form, etc? can you say the magic in that world wasn't real, either? what's to say magic can't be used in Umineko's world. There's proof of magic in Higurashi's kakera right?

there again, if Umineko is in a completely different universe, then i guess my theory is blown away. xD

Last edited by Kazuki_Kun; 2009-08-14 at 15:51.
Old 2009-08-14, 14:59   Link #1800
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuki_Kun View Post
IF Higurashi and Umineko are in the same universe, but just different kakera, how did Hanyuu use her magic in Higurashi, such as stopping time, granted a human form, etc? can you say the magic in that world wasn't real, either? what's to say magic can't be used in Umineko's world. There's proof of magic in Higurashi's kakera right?
It's implied that Higurashi is actually a book or something like that in the first game. However, I like to think that it's just a Red Herring, and Higurashi and Umineko take place in the same world.

I also like to think that Hanyuu's powers are the true powers of a god, not "magic." So it all depends on your view, really.
Closed Thread