AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 20 24.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 44.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 14.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.23%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.23%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.23%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-20, 05:16   Link #81
Kallen4life

Quote:
When the meteor fell, only Shion and dad was present. Something caused Shion to attempt to make a copy of himself. Maybe he thought that he was going to die. Shion can not do exact copies. His copies will have a flaw that distinguishes them from the original. This copy's flaw was that it was female and so was called "Suou" in memory of the sister who had died. Suou had memories placed in her to make up the lost time and an aquarium memory that Shion added for a reason other than a gift to his "sister".
ah, ty, I understand better now .. but that means when real Suou died when they were little (same accident when Mao 'died') - they didn't copy her then ? she basically died and that was it ? and after Shion made that accidental copy which turned out to be female - they decided it's a shame to waste it, stuffed her full of memories and named her Suou ? .. weird

but her mother thought her copy was made in that Mao-accident .. they altered her mothers memories then ?
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2009-12-20, 05:24   Link #82
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
but her mother thought her copy was made in that Mao-accident .. they altered her mothers memories then ?
Their mom is misinformed, partly due to her running away before anything was really explained, and partly I guess due to the grief of Suou dying.

Suou, as we know her, was treated and loved as a real person by her father. I think that matters in the end, really.
Old 2009-12-20, 08:06   Link #83
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmospheric View Post
Suou vs. Genma huh? I don't really see how he survived that shot in the head, is the concrete really that heavily enforced? =x Hmm, does anyone know what his obeisance is anyways? I don't think they revealed it, or maybe I just didn't notice.
From episode 3, I got the impression it was moxibustion...though I don't think they ever said outright that it was.

The "final month of pregnancy" may be metaphorical, referring to the birth of Izanami as a full blown threat.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2009-12-20, 10:16   Link #84
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
I don't think that Shion is the one who "impregnates" Yin. Also, it was said that when the moon becomes full, Izanami would reach her final month of pregnancy. In the beggining of the ep. we saw a half moon already in the sky.
Izanagi gazes upon the false sea bottom waiting for Izanami.
Izanami will cross the sea bottom and eventually the 2 will meet.
When they do, Heaven and Earth will split in 2 and the Gate of Hell will open.
From the Gate, will come one, a being unknown.
And strife will continue for an eternity.

The sign shall be a rising cresent moon that never sinks.
When it becomes full, Izanami will reach her final month of pregnancy.

It doesn't have to be a "normal" pregnancy. It could be like GitS where Motoko became "pregnant" so to speak.

The "sign" is prob that Izanami is on the move. It appeared when Yin woke up. Moon was technically past crescent and not a normal lunar cycle. She went from slightly past crescent to slight past 1st quarter in less than 12 hours.

Usually it's the one that the other is meeting in these prophesies is the "lucky" one so to speak. Izanagi (Shion) is "responsible" for Izanami's "condition" imo. If they knew she was pregnant from the beginning, it's easy to abort the fetus. Highly doubtful she was pregnant with the way she was transported to and held at a safe facility.

Yin prob gained a creation power from Shion and will be using it to bring something here/into existence using the Gate. The twins did say that wishes come true at the Gate but you lose something in return. Might be related to why Suou has the pendant and not Shion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
And as Oirelle said, it seens that it was Hei who trained Yin. Probably it is all the guilt that he is aware of.

About leaving a trail of bodies... well, they don't seen to be best friends, right? I can't remember of Hei thinking about each of the contractors that he smashed. The man is just a tractor smashing everyone. In S1 they at least got 2 epi, now he just get them in one, even half episode if they are dumb enough.
Oreille was referring to Suou not Yin. At that time, S3 was looking for Shion and Oreille was trying to get Suou out of there. No one is really worrying about Yin's safety at the moment imo. People are prob wishing that she was killed outright earlier instead of kept alive. (Technically, if they had killed one of them then no prophesy. Instead of killing their convenient weapon, they went for the bird in hiding. They deserve what they get imo.)

Hei wasn't humming as he was mowing down S3 contractors. Yin was.

Last edited by orion; 2009-12-20 at 10:47.
Old 2009-12-20, 13:01   Link #85
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Hmmm , Pelmeni looks yummy !
July show some emotions !
Shit , that Rock guy isn't dead ... CIA bring their ass .
More develepoment about Suou .
I don't really get what is the ME .
So , Madame Oreille was Mao's lover and lol her futurist outfit .
Hei vs samurai girl . (still a shame that he didn't have his mask )
Yin looks like a boy lol .
Old 2009-12-20, 13:30   Link #86
Bea Rabbit
Stained Member
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Hmmm , Pelmeni looks yummy !
July show some emotions !
Shit , that Rock guy isn't dead ... CIA bring their ass .
More develepoment about Suou .
I don't really get what is the ME .
So , Madame Oreille was Mao's lover and lol her futurist outfit .
Hei vs samurai girl . (still a shame that he didn't have his mask )
Yin looks like a boy lol .
Why the stupid rock guy didnt died??? T____T
I am kinda pitty for Suou. and look now Shion is gonna die sooner.
Oreille outfit reminds me of... XDD
Yah! I really would like Hei wearing his mask, where his mask? gone? broke and didnt have the other??
Yin looks badass, I like it! but its kinda pitty, the Yin I know is a good girl
Old 2009-12-20, 14:39   Link #87
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Genma didnt die because Suou Shots just past the concrete but dont get trought it. Actually Sou said it when she shoot... "Its not like you are going to die", so, it was just a knock out.

I was thinking about the Hazuki and Hei`s Fight... it would be awesome if hazuki make some kind of injury in Hei, he fell to the floor...she, thinking that he is dead go close to him to pay her retribution (yes, she kiss him) and then, in that moment, she gets electrocuted and.. we have our black shinigami at 100%
Old 2009-12-20, 16:12   Link #88
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanehei View Post
Genma didnt die because Suou Shots just past the concrete but dont get trought it.
... what does this even mean, shoot PAST something but not THROUGH it????

regardless of what you may believe, an anti tank round goes through concrete like paper and should've gone through his body and face and then some more

you also have to remember that she's shooting at a range of no more than 10 meters, and these things are effective to up to 500m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanehei View Post
I was thinking about the Hazuki and Hei`s Fight... it would be awesome if hazuki make some kind of injury in Hei, he fell to the floor...she, thinking that he is dead go close to him to pay her retribution (yes, she kiss him) and then, in that moment, she gets electrocuted and.. we have our black shinigami at 100%
will they both be injured: yes

will he get his powers back: hell no
Old 2009-12-20, 19:01   Link #89
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I got the sense that Suou intentionally stuck Genma a glancing blow so that she wouldn't kill him. Don't forget, she still hasn't offed anyone and that's a huge tipping point for her character if she does. Although, mind you, his creepy thigh speech (all the more creepy given his misconception of who she was and his lifting of the pant leg) would have gotten her acquitted in any court if she had killed him.
Old 2009-12-20, 19:25   Link #90
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post

ill they both be injured: yes

She shoot to his body before the big shoot in his head and the bullet didnt go through his body... that is what it means.... (you are kind of agressive dont you? its animation, not real life after all.)
Old 2009-12-20, 21:28   Link #91
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Season's TERRIBLE!!!!!!

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Old 2009-12-20, 21:53   Link #92
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

regardless of what you may believe, an anti tank round goes through concrete like paper and should've gone through his body and face and then some more

you also have to remember that she's shooting at a range of no more than 10 meters, and these things are effective to up to 500m
His "plot armor" got activated. They need him for another episode. So despite the fact that the AT round should have killed him, he survived.

Come on guys, he had a hole in his head. "Glancing blow" is what Shion did to Tanya and look what happened to her. Suou should of still been able to take his head off with a "glancing blow".

Quote:
will they both be injured: yes

Awww... don't be such a downer. Hei good now, but he's the best when he's full power.
Old 2009-12-20, 22:12   Link #93
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
Season's TERRIBLE!!!!!!
Yay for nerdrage?

Kidding aside, the next episode could really go either way. On one side, everyone could die and nothing gets resolved, on the other side everyone LIVES and everything is revealed. Either way leaves SOMEONE unhappy in the fandom, so it's a fine line the production team has to tread, and just hope they get something close to the middle.
Old 2009-12-20, 22:26   Link #94
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Well, that was good.

• Suou is totally head over heels for Hei.

• The father being in the aquarium was a little ex machina, but it worked well.

• What was with that blonde buxom's outfit. It was really bad.

• DAMN MAO! BIG PIMPING!
Old 2009-12-20, 22:50   Link #95
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Dont really see whats so wrong with genma not dying i mean it could easily be explained that his contract hardens the materials he covers himself with
Old 2009-12-20, 23:36   Link #96
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
Dont really see whats so wrong with genma not dying i mean it could easily be explained that his contract hardens the materials he covers himself with
The bullet is anti tank. It instantly exploded when it hit Genma's armor. That's why he didn't die but only bled on his forehead.

Last edited by Cinocard; 2009-12-20 at 23:51.
Old 2009-12-21, 00:20   Link #97
Kyosuke_Nanbu

Actually, PTRD is used to Target engine, fuel tank or ammo store of enemy vehicle.Its bullets only have Tungsten core to penetrate armor,nothing else.

Maybe Genma's power add additional Toughness for the material he use.+2 ot +3
Old 2009-12-21, 02:07   Link #98
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post

Awww... don't be such a downer. Hei good now, but he's the best when he's full power.
actually i'm surprised he didn't rape even more back in S1 when he was at his full potential. considering he's outsmarting contractors and putting up decent fights right now with just improvisation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosuke_Nanbu View Post
Actually, PTRD is used to Target engine, fuel tank or ammo store of enemy vehicle.Its bullets only have Tungsten core to penetrate armor,nothing else.

Maybe Genma's power add additional Toughness for the material he use.+2 ot +3
you're underestimating the ptrd. you dont need an anti tank round to set off a fuel tank or ammo store. hell a match would do the trick and some kindling would set either of those off

The 14.5 mm armor-piercing bullet had a muzzle velocity of 1012 m/s. It could penetrate an armor plate up to 35 to 40mm thick at a distance of 100 meters. During the initial invasion, and indeed through-out the war, most German tanks had side armor thinner than 40mm (PzKpfw I & II: 13-20mm, III & IV series: 30mm, PzKpfw V Panther (combat debut mid-1943): 40-50mm).

at 100 meters penetrating 5cm, that's about the length of my pinky finger on a steel plate propped up perpendicular to the ground. at point blank range it's more than enough

honestly, i'm surprised concrete exploding in his face didn't do more damage. if his face was exposed, it means SOMETHING must have gotten through

well we know he probably doesn't increase the toughness of his armor. reason being we see him picking up a handful of crap off the ground to replace the bits that were blown off. if he were to condense the material to make it denser than its original state he'd need a lot more material than a handful of concrete to stop an anti tank round.

long story short, the germans should have made their tanks with plot armor, they would have done a lot better
Old 2009-12-21, 03:09   Link #99
Kyosuke_Nanbu

I don't understimate PTRD!!! I am very intersted in Red Army and WWI...

I just say that PTRD bullet don't explode like Cenocard said.

My point is when any material is become Genma armor,they become more stronger.Concrete steel,stone...just attach wth him and they have additional Toughness

By the way, PTRD and PTRS were very effective against german armor but only in 1941 and 1942.After that they can't do much against Tiger or Panther and Panzer IV(uparmored) but they still useful against softer target like MkIII,halftrack or truck...Actually,at the end of WWII the favorite anti tank weapon for Red army infantry is panzerfust or Panzerschreck not PtRD or PTRS.
Old 2009-12-21, 06:50   Link #100
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Ohh yeah, don't forget that music when the tanks rolled in. That was sweet.