AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kannagi - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 16 31.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 19.61%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 17.65%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 15.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 11.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.96%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-19, 01:56   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Kannagi - Episode 12 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kannagi, Episode 12.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2008-12-20, 11:14   Link #2
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Zzzzzzz.......

Oh, this week is Azuma-san's art. Always enjoying Yotsubato, sir!

Spoiler for ep12:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-12-20, 17:56   Link #3
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

On the other hand, I loved this episode. Lots of good emotion. Serious and sad and uncertain and with good rhythms. I liked the sad, slow version of the music, too. Tsugumi is wonderful. And the club president continues to steal the show.

The storyboard this week was by a big name: Okamura Tensai, the director of Wolf's Rain and Darker than Black.

Director this week was Kamakura Yumi, who did storyboards for some eps of Simoun and Blood+, and directed episodes of Blood+, Eureka Seven, Utawarerumono, Saiunkoku. She also directed ep2 of Kannagi.

I liked the animation this week, in some places. Seemed like smooth drawing, somehow, especially near the beginning. Animation was directed by two people: Noda Yasuyuki, a long-time animator who has directed animation for a couple of shows over the years; and an apparently young animator called Kawai Takuya, who has never done more than key animation, according to ANN.

I loved the ending illustration. Of course, I tend to like Photoshopped backgrounds. And the figure seemed to match the episode beautifully. As serenade_beta said, it was by Azuma Kiyohiko, the mangaka of Yotsubato and Azumanga Daioh. I would never have guessed.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-12-20 at 18:41.
Old 2008-12-20, 17:58   Link #4
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

Spoiler:
Old 2008-12-21, 02:59   Link #5
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Beautiful episode with beautiful animation. I dunno if anyone notices that the art for this particular ep is very good. The music is nice and I seriously felt Kannagi should have gone this path of serious drama instead of comedy from day 1.
Old 2008-12-21, 23:11   Link #6
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
I was pretty happy that kannagi finally decided to get to how it should have been. I mean comedy is always great but I would've liked it a lot if it was like comedic at certain times with drama. This episode and how it was done was amazing. I'm sad to see that next episode will be the last, I'm hoping it'll live up to my expectation after I watched this episode.
Old 2008-12-23, 17:26   Link #7
Anime Daisuki

9/10 for me, since it was mostly filled with Jin moping around. However, the theme and mood were set really well thanks to the great animation and background music. Looking forward to the next episode.
Old 2008-12-23, 23:28   Link #8
7Th
Mixtape

Oh, the awesome animation from episodes 1,2 and 7 finally came back.
Old 2008-12-24, 02:14   Link #9
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Wow, it takes BALLS to run an episode on just emotion alone, the amount of silence in the second half was staggering, and the beautiful instrumentals perfectly set the tone too.

Go figure that the one episode without Nagi, that I was worried would be the most predictable, ends up being the most amazingly done. Set that against the irony of nothing actually happening and using it to display Jin ACTUALLY SHOWING NORMAL UNFORCED HUMAN EMOTION and you've got the best episode of the show thus far.

Yes, I'm serious.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!

Last edited by Master Chibi; 2008-12-24 at 03:02.
Old 2008-12-24, 03:27   Link #10
DesuX2

Best part of the show was combat Zange, even though this episode was rather sad desu.
Old 2008-12-24, 04:35   Link #11
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Spoiler for since its page 1:
Old 2008-12-24, 05:35   Link #12
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

A very solemn episode compared to what we're used to in Kannagi, but I think this show is actually executing the serious stuff almost as well as it executed the comedy in previous episodes. I could talk about technical merit, animation, seiyuu, music, etc, but I think the most important thing is that I found myself really caring about what was going to happen next, and "care" isn't something I give out willy-nilly. So, I think it's a sign that Kannagi has done a really good job of making the characters sympathetic.

The directing in this show continues to exceed expectations. I wouldn't call this show the best of the year, but I do think Yamamoto is making a serious claim for best director of the year (although, he probably still runs slightly behind Shinbo for Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Matsuo Kou for Kure-nai).

Edit:

By the way, if you think Kannagi is a good anime, why not consider voting for it in the AnimeSuki 2008 Choice Awards nominations thread in the Best Comedy category? Personally, I think Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei deserves to win Best Comedy, but I think Kannagi seriously deserves to at least be nominated, and at this stage, it looks like it's being a bit underrated in the voting.
Old 2008-12-24, 18:11   Link #13
typhonsentra

This show doesn't seem to know what it wants to be.
Old 2008-12-24, 19:16   Link #14
SkoolRumble4Ya

Zange chan owns those punks. Jin is so lonely without Nagi but they should've of play some sad bgm when he was alone in his house.
Old 2008-12-24, 19:32   Link #15
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Kind of reminded me what happened in Kanon. Jin's losing it just like...
Spoiler for Kanon:

Sad episode.
Old 2008-12-24, 19:55   Link #16
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
That's not really anime's fault. If you watch manga then you know that the inexperienced mangaka just shows her inexperience by not able to find a true rhythm that it want to go - drama or comedy, comedy or drama...

In this sense, anime followed the original very closely...
Old 2008-12-24, 21:46   Link #17
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Its *very* common in "comedy romance" anime for the series to use comedy to get you involved with the characters and get attached to them. Then when you're all vulnerable, they hurl the drama at you....
Old 2008-12-24, 23:17   Link #18
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Its *very* common in "comedy romance" anime for the series to use comedy to get you involved with the characters and get attached to them. Then when you're all vulnerable, they hurl the drama at you....
Yeah it's so common... I have no idea why people are acting surprised or calling it an inexperienced move when if anything it's rather cliche and expected...
Old 2008-12-24, 23:49   Link #19
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

I think ep 12 was wasted... nothing special happened and we didn't even find out much.. bleh.. maybe it was a depressing filler?
Old 2008-12-24, 23:53   Link #20
Westlo
Lets be reality

Oh god, one of the actual drama episodes got called a filler.. lmao..
Closed Thread