AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 63 42.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 31.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 12.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 9.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.05%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-11-20, 00:18   Link #61
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

If they just ate the ED's time space and ran the credits on the animation like so many other series seem to do nowadays, they could have gave this much more polish.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 00:24   Link #62
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
That other teleporter girl proved to be a lame boss for this arc, being reduced to some fake alpha stigma and hilarious facial distortions.
Can she even be called a boss?
I recall certain woman with a "jan" verbal tic, saying she was just a pawn for them.
Pawn =/= boss.

Btw,the lamp vs gun scene was hilarious... I need a gif!!!!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 00:27   Link #63
Xenosnake
Badass

To Aru Majutsu no Index: It's a show about punching women in the face.

But seriously, good episode. Can't wait for next arc.
Xenosnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 00:34   Link #64
Primary Consult

9/10 for definitely felt rushed, could have used some more explanation.
Is there any precedent for Japanese anime DVD release having extended cuts of episodes? This arc could use one...

++excellent Teleport battle. I've never seen a US show pull one off, and can only think of one other anime that even comes close to showing them off well.
+Last order / accel combo always welcome.
+Misaka network chatter

Kindof annoyed the subs I used didn't translate the title of the screen Mikoto was looking at (Antiskill-somethingorother). The fact that Mikoto learned of the teleport battle by hacking into Antiskill with ease was awesome.

Edit: Now that I think about it, they should have showed Awaki's flashback to the traumatizing event. Kuroko's verbal explanation explained what happened, but not why it was traumatizing. Risking that happening again would most certainly be a sickening experience. 5 seconds spent on that would have been far more useful than the 5 second flashback for Agnese in ep 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
To clear up some issues that the anime might have simply glossed over, here's more excerpts from the original text, courtesy of the amazing Teh_Ping who translated it.
-snip-
And thanks very much for that!

Last edited by Primary Consult; 2010-11-20 at 01:51. Reason: Additional thought...
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 00:40   Link #65
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'm surprised nobody brought up that Touma knocked a distortion in Space/Time back to normal
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 00:49   Link #66
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

This episode was fantastic, this did more for me to enjoy Mikoto and Kuroko as characters then the entiriety of the Railgun anime.

And I love how this show doesn't hold back on being brutal. Given the actual stature / look of the show and its characters you would assume that a bit of fighting would rough people up but shit this show is grittier and bloodier then most of the action titles out there. Good shit.

Thus far this season is doing a great job of making everyone but fucking Index awesome. Let's hurry up and fix that.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 01:43   Link #67
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Can she even be called a boss?
I recall certain woman with a "jan" verbal tic, saying she was just a pawn for them.
Pawn =/= boss.
Main antagonist of this 2-episode arc, if you may ~jyan.
Whatever you want to call her ~jyan.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 01:54   Link #68
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Alright, you're not taking care of Accelerator and Last Order, so stop trying to mimic her.

It sure seems like they're trying to give Accelerator as much stardom (I purposely chose this) as possible in this episode. Well, not that I mind, since he is a main character at this point (if the OP doesn't give you a clue).

EDIT: Also, please be reminded that punching girls in the face is a trend started by Touma.

Last edited by Hell_ping; 2010-11-20 at 02:05.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 02:11   Link #69
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Touma, how dare you use your falcon punch influence to make Accelerator do it now...

Loved the part at the end where Touma got owned twice with Kuroko slapping him, and Misaka 10032 unable to say anything and was embarrassed (or just covered herself)
Old 2010-11-20, 02:54   Link #70
tsunade666

the episode is win that's all. And the omitted words which I want to hear was been shadowed by awesome accelerator

Quote:
Makes u wonder how touma beat him.
Accelerator could have win against Touma by the time they first met and fought but he didn't he become idiot to his power. Overly confident on it. And stay away from him he would have win but he didn't. He comes closer to him to get welcomed by falcon punch.

And that time is the only chance accelerator could ever win with Touma.

Awesome Accel is just win though they omitted a line I was waiting for while they are fighting.
Old 2010-11-20, 03:01   Link #71
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Someone made this http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/3...0225229501.jpg.

She fell THAT far and didn't turn into a grease spot on the pavement?

A for the fights LOL at the gun, always funny to see one that works for once in this kind of show.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 03:12   Link #72
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Amazing teleporter fight and MY GOD! The punch Accelerator gave to Awaki was brutal!

10 out of 10 for me.
Old 2010-11-20, 03:24   Link #73
Excorsism

I hope we get to see more Awaki. Totally feel sorry for her, she needs a hug. ;_;

Also, Accelerator is the only reason why I'm watching this show. Primarily, doho. Best episode ever.

Last edited by Excorsism; 2010-11-20 at 03:34.
Excorsism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 03:40   Link #74
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Someone made this http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/3...0225229501.jpg.

She fell THAT far and didn't turn into a grease spot on the pavement?
When it comes to animation or visual portrayal, there's always exaggerative Rule of Cool involved.

Misaka's Railgun at Mach 3 would never ever, be able to flip a car 50 meters into the sky, but the core audience of the To Aru series aren't picky 'we want a realistic sci-fantasy series', so creating an exciting spectacle or dramatic scene is more interesting than trying to make every scene 'realistic-ish.'

Among other things like Touma ninja-running up falling debris, not breaking any bones despite falling from heights in Orsola's arc, dramatic license wins more times than not.

I personally was a little more iffed by the director's choice for Touma to call Misaka 'Biribiri' in that scene. Twice. That nickname has taken a life of its own that it evolved outside its pre-memory loss usage, and the choice for it to be used during a serious scene ( even when he previously called 10032 'Misaka' before noticing it wasn't the originl ) felt inconsistent.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 03:41   Link #75
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Remember kids, always bring a gun to a lampfight.
Old 2010-11-20, 03:48   Link #76
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
There were some cuts that were unfortunate, but all things considered ( especially if I remove my perspective as a novel reader ), this was one fabulous episode.
Hmm, my memory of the novels is a bit flaky right now, what was cut? (not sure if even passed novel events are allowed in the episode threads, if not PM me please)
Old 2010-11-20, 03:50   Link #77
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I personally was a little more iffed by the director's choice for Touma to call Misaka 'Biribiri' in that scene. Twice. That nickname has taken a life of its own that it evolved outside its pre-memory loss usage, and the choice for it to be used during a serious scene ( even when he previously called 10032 'Misaka' before noticing it wasn't the originl ) felt inconsistent.
The truth is, at this point Touma no longer refers to her as 'Biribiri' anymore and instead calls her by 'Misaka'.

I suppose it's a form of fanservice for those who came to love that nick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Hmm, my memory of the novels is a bit flaky right now, what was cut? (not sure if even passed novel events are allowed in the episode threads, if not PM me please)
Mah, just some stuff that Touma/Index and Accelerator/Last Order said on the side lines...

...Oh, and tons of Teleportation details and specs.

For example due to it's size and mass, teleporting a 4 ton object requires more time and would also put a strain on space-time. It's because of this delay that allows Touma to negate it before it materializes.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 03:51   Link #78
Bordix

Damn, I was actually surprised at how graphic that scene was. I mean Jesus, she had one hell of a bloody nose and some of her teeth were missing. I actually thought his punch would go right through her face, and is that the sound of broken bones I hear? Yes, Awaki definitely needs a hug, and a trip to the hospital.

Pacing aside, a good episode. Accelerator making strong comeback and acquiring a well deserved rave song to boot! Still can't beat Hei's though
Old 2010-11-20, 03:51   Link #79
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
well i readed that touma never called misaka biri-biri after memory loss, but in the scene of touma opening the door to imouto you can clearly see touma looking at the googles before calling her misaka.
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 03:52   Link #80
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Some details,

Spoiler for Quote:

Some funny dialogue:

Spoiler for From the epilogue, ah nevermind, I'll post the entire thing and bold the parts:

Maybe I need to edit Last Order's speech pattern here.

and most notably this:

Spoiler for Well...:

And to top it all, here's a comparison in power of the last fight.

Spoiler for Sighs:

Last edited by Hell_ping; 2010-11-20 at 04:03.