Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-15, 14:23   Link #21
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Can I be honest, that a candle flickering on the middle of your desk in the wintry December makes the game a whole lot scarier, ironically?
No way, the candle dancing in the dark will draw my attention from time to time hence I'll probably (there is a 3-4% chance of that) look at it when the inappropriate image jumps on the PSP screen, and so I will miss it resulting a lesser fear during my playthrough. I are smart.
Old 2011-11-21, 08:48   Link #22
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

I m kinda dissapointed with the translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Umm...is this...scary or just plain gruesome? I think I'm planning to get this game Seems fun to play it while waiting for halloween
this is an RPGmaker games
I think the graphic wont make you scared
just beware of its BGM
dont use a headphone while playing it

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 15:32   Link #23
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

is this out yet? I don't see it on PSN.
Old 2011-11-22, 20:02   Link #24
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

It had just came out on the PSN.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 02:35   Link #25
Nihokon

I'll just need to download it, then.
Old 2011-11-23, 04:11   Link #26
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Had just played this game for a few minutes, and....I think I understand a bit why this game is said to be so scary And the sounds coming from my PSP doesn't help either ;_; I mean, it reminds me of Nanashi no game where you can see where the sound is coming from clearly. It was as if those guys were real and talking right in front of me ;_;

...maybe I'm exaggerating things because I'm not into scary movies, but... ;__;

Quote:
just beware of its BGM
dont use a headphone while playing it
I did that, do that, and will do it in later futures.

...btw, how do you know whether we get a good ending or not?

Last edited by Von Himmel; 2011-11-23 at 06:42.
Old 2011-11-23, 09:28   Link #27
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
...btw, how do you know whether we get a good ending or not?
iirc, if you get a bad end, you won't be able to continue to the next chapters. The game works like a linear VN, if you want to ask, and the bad ends are the branches, per to say.

For examples of bad ends...

Spoiler for Chapter one example-be aware that this spoils a bit up until the end of ch 1:

Generally, the MO is to check every nook and cranny, and have courage (and good control, let's not forget that lol) to run away (... Er, yes, running away. Paradox, whuteva). Can't remember if there are exceptions... I can check the JP walkthrough if anyone is lost lol

By the way, I remember now why I went through the Bad Ends (now that it clicked to me, I should have called those Wrong Ends lol)--some of them will unoock some extra chapters... So enjoy flinging your poor PSP, completionists!

The game's limited graphic (but terrific atmosphere and sound) is what makes it so damn scary imo. Some of the description sure can make your imagination works...

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 01:40   Link #28
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

>That moment when I wanted to go downstairs and then suddenly a ghost appeared in front of me and blocked my path.

....I-it's not like it's scary or anything, but the atmosphere is sooo tense! Not to mention that all the apparition, don't-know-from-where sounds etc had successfully made me yelp when they appeared too ._. Aaah, I'm not too good at playing horror games ;_;

Oh btw, don't you guys think that the event trigger in this game is kinda annoying? Sometimes I need to do something unthinkable (they don't give a clear hint on what to do *glare at a certain event in chapter 1) to trigger the event

Old 2011-11-27, 05:41   Link #29
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
err its available in English on PSN
Old 2011-11-27, 23:48   Link #30
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The soundtrack for this truly is amazing. If not for the sudden music/sound effects playing, I feel like I would have just brushed off the scary parts. But then again, there's also the CGs that pop up that can scare anyone when popping out of nowhere.
Old 2011-11-29, 10:03   Link #31
Crimrui
Hollow

I never knew that 2d Sprites could scare me. Sure the atmosphere is intense, and there was some sick crap but honestly, few scenes really surprised me.

Spoiler for certain scene in Chapter 2:
Old 2011-11-29, 10:22   Link #32
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

...That chapter 3 bad end in the toilet is really...um, I don't know how to describe it. It sickens me how they describe on what is happening and how scary it is when
Spoiler:

Old 2011-11-29, 11:12   Link #33
marvelB

So I've been playing this since the weekend, and I finished chapter 2 last night (yeah, I'm taking things pretty slow). Excellent game, and definitely one of those shining examples of a piece of software that doesn't need the best graphics to be engaging. On the other hand, it takes great advantage of audio (and in opposition to a past post, I STRONGLY recommend wearing headphones for this game, as that's pretty much a requirement for anyone who seeks to feel the full experience of this dark story.....).

Oh, and I've only been playing at night time too, though thankfully that hasn't resulted in any nightmares..... so far.

Anyhoo, my little impressions from what I've played so far (beware of spoilers and whatnot):

Spoiler for chapter 1 and 2:

That being said, this game's got me hooked! I haven't completed it yet, but I'm already hoping that Xseed will bring over the sequel!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 17:38   Link #34
Crimrui
Hollow

Still stuck at the final chapter. Got one of the yandere endings for particular character. Man... that was creepy and disturbing. Hope I can obtain the true end soon...
Old 2011-11-29, 18:35   Link #35
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

You'd think that everything would cool down a little when you are in the last chapter... Since you're clearing all the mysterious phenomenal things happening around you, and things are clearing up a bit.. But not for me... I just kept getting shivers left and right, but got the true ending

Do hope you all reach the true ending as well. Chapter 5 has many bad endings that you wouldn't expect happening, so do be careful

On another note, does anyone know the OST during chapter 5 when.

Spoiler for Chapter 5 True End Spoiler:

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-11-30 at 18:48.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 17:37   Link #36
Crimrui
Hollow

Damn, you were right. Chapter 5 had the most bad ends. I think I got them all before the true end. Anyway, I'm done and I'm quite pleased with the game, the characters really grew on me (although I still feel sad for some...). It was definitely worth the purchase and I needed something unique as this.

Now if this would be remade with 3d graphics on PS3/Xbox360 that would be sweet.
Old 2011-12-01, 18:05   Link #37
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I have played this last game year when it was only in japanese, it was fun for a short while.
I still haven't played that other corpse party game yet though. I have read that corpse party book of shadows is a complete VN unlike the first game which was originally made in rpg maker as a doujin game title.

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post

Spoiler for Chapter 5 True End Spoiler:
I am sure that song can only be found in the soundtrack of limited edition of the first game and it's pretty hard to find even the tracklist of that.

late edit:
I finally found the name of the song by searching through niconico douga : 闇に濡れたCatastrophe

Last edited by hyl; 2011-12-01 at 19:39.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 22:30   Link #38
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Ah, thank you very much hyl Ironically, I searched on youtube for it and it was uploaded recently 2 hours ago by someone.

Yeah, I found the game engine for Corpse Party - Blood Covered very, very similar to RPG maker.
Old 2011-12-02, 07:01   Link #39
Crimrui
Hollow

I think that the first game for the PC was based on the RPG Maker, for crying out loud you could even use magic in the final battle. The Corpse Party: Blood Covered Repeated Fear for the PSP uses it's own engine.
Old 2011-12-02, 08:06   Link #40
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

It still felt like the RPG Maker engine, only enhanced a little bit. But Book of Shadows has a more visual novel look after watching a few videos of it. The storyline continues apparently with them getting trapped again for some odd reason? I heard there are 7 endings for Book of Shadows instead of just 1 ending that's worth the adventuring.