AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-05, 21:59   Link #13921
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Norse magic... Mjolnir... I'm not surprised if the leader of GREMLIN is none other than the Magic God Othinus.
Actually... that makes a lot of sense. Especially given that Ollerus called him "One-Eye" Othinus, and anyone even remotely familiar with Norse mythology knows who traded one of his eyes for knowledge.
Old 2011-09-05, 22:04   Link #13922
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Norse magic... Mjolnir... I'm not surprised if the leader of GREMLIN is none other than the Magic God Othinus.
Id' be more surprised if GREMLIN ends up being relevant and not something that is simply squished after 2 volumes (like the Curtana)
Old 2011-09-05, 22:06   Link #13923
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
like the Curtana
Curtana was completely overshadowed by the Holy Right. It was inevitable, really.
Old 2011-09-05, 22:14   Link #13924
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Id' be more surprised if GREMLIN ends up being relevant and not something that is simply squished after 2 volumes (like the Curtana)
Curtana is an object, no different than the Book of Law or the St Peter's Cross or the Queen's Fleet, they're only the focus point of their story arc.

GREMLIN is an organization.
Old 2011-09-05, 22:59   Link #13925
mark1246

OK OK OK, this theory been long in my head since the volume 20 of WW3/ Like a 6 vol theory that could be made a manga/anime, but i won’t go that far (unless you people want to hear it be my guest but here some parts )

Like I said before a couple of post back about my theory to what touma is exactully here my theory to GREMLIN:
(This is all my thoughts on it, not 100% true (wish it was) so please no hateful comment please)

: OK we are given so many Reference to Angel, GOD, and Heaven that we have to think that there are angel in the story but we have yet to see one (excluding awiss because she not a human/hybrid angel). What i mean a normal human having a angel soul but memory suppressed in him or having angel power sleeping in him waiting for the perfect moment to be awaken in him ( i know DBZ super saiyan)

Gremlin: could be a group of fallen angel that know touma past life and want there revenge on him or trying to recruit him back again (same scenario Of Organization XIII)

Thought anyone?
Old 2011-09-05, 23:28   Link #13926
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Gremlin is just a bunch of nice kids who wanted to thank Touma for that whole WWIII thing. And so they decided to congratulate him by offering him a flying fortress...

How nice...
Old 2011-09-05, 23:40   Link #13927
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
Gremlin: could be a group of fallen angel that know touma past life and want there revenge on him or trying to recruit him back again (same scenario Of Organization XIII)

Thought anyone?
Except we know that a member of Gremlin is/was human because the Saint Peter's spell nearly killed it/him/her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix91 View Post
Gremlin is just a bunch of nice kids who wanted to thank Touma for that whole WWIII thing. And so they decided to congratulate him by offering him a flying fortress...

How nice...
You know, that would explain the party balloons underneath the fortress as well...
Old 2011-09-05, 23:55   Link #13928
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You know, that would explain the party balloons underneath the fortress as well...
And the shape-shifting clown Kanzaki scared off.
Old 2011-09-06, 02:42   Link #13929
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix91 View Post

How nice...
To bad Kaori did all that .... Touma's gonna be so mad this is alot worse than keying his car.
Old 2011-09-06, 03:27   Link #13930
Inept Forum User

Quote:
That's what I'd been wondering.

In a previous (likely mis-) translation, he had been referred to as a 'tragic' magician - however, the current translation doesn't say this (it instead has Ollerus referring to himself as 'pathetic').

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2011-09-06 at 04:13.
Old 2011-09-06, 04:02   Link #13931
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Mistranslations should be more evident with the more accurate retranslations performed.
Ollerus as the "pathetic" one just makes perfect sense, considering that he wasted a perfect moment to climb up the magic power ladder for a simple feat.

Othinus would point this out if ever he would appear on NT3 or 4, and this would lead to a battle between "incomprehensible forces". The only thing I'm wondering now is how would Ollerus find himself with Silvia on Hawaii, if ever the major arc is on Hawaii.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-09-06, 04:12   Link #13932
Inept Forum User

Question

Quote:
Mistranslations should be more evident with the more accurate retranslations performed.
Ollerus as the "pathetic" one just makes perfect sense, considering that he wasted a perfect moment to climb up the magic power ladder for a simple feat.
Indeed. Agreed.

Quote:
Othinus would point this out if ever he would appear on NT3 or 4, and this would lead to a battle between "incomprehensible forces". The only thing I'm wondering now is how would Ollerus find himself with Silvia on Hawaii, if ever the major arc is on Hawaii.
That would be interesting to see.

Do you reckon Hawaii will be the main stage for the next event or just a stepping stone?
Old 2011-09-06, 04:17   Link #13933
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hawaii is just like Italy, France and England- a holiday spot. It doesn't have that main stage feeling like Russia.

When you find yourself in the middle of the Russian winter wasteland, you know that shit just got real.
Old 2011-09-06, 04:20   Link #13934
Inept Forum User

Sorry, I meant for NT3 (possibly NT4). I imagine it will be, but I was wondering if anyone was thinking they might move on to somewhere else in the time period.
Old 2011-09-06, 04:27   Link #13935
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

@Chaos2Frozen Unless you're on the crater of Mauna Kea or Kilauea.

This reminds me of something: Valkyrie Brunhild Eiktobel has once summoned the powers of nature [frost, fire and something else], and now, Mjolnir summons lightning. So this means that we're talking about — if GREMLIN is mostly Norse magicians — an organization that can both use technology and the forces of nature?

I don't like how this looks, but is Kamachi trying to set up a circumstance wherein Mikoto steps up and overwhelms GREMLIN by Awakening? *cue roar of thunder* I hope not, but it's a nice slap to the face of GREMLIN.

(Also, GREMLIN looks like a magical counterpart of Skill Out, don't you guys think?)

Another thing to discuss, upon reading what I think is SS or Volume 13, there has been explanations on how Annihilatus works. They're supposed to ensure that only mortal beings remain on Earth, so I wonder how exactly they perform their roles.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-09-06, 04:34   Link #13936
Inept Forum User

Quote:
@Chaos2Frozen Unless you're on the crater of Mauna Kea or Kilauea.
I was wondering whether perhaps GREMLIN might set off one of the volcanoes.

Quote:
I don't like how this looks, but is Kamachi trying to set up a circumstance wherein Mikoto steps up and overwhelms GREMLIN by Awakening? *cue roar of thunder* I hope not, but it's a nice slap to the face of GREMLIN.
Not sure about an Awakening (though it would be nice to get more information on the matter), but there might be a possibility that the hydrolysis wings appear if there is sufficient kerfuffle on the ocean.

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2011-09-06 at 04:47.
Old 2011-09-06, 06:42   Link #13937
Breidaluk

Talking about Norse mythology magicians do you think they are as nuts as the ones we saw so far? Like Lessar, Jeans Slasher and Theodosia?
Old 2011-09-06, 19:13   Link #13938
Miraluka
Banned

Kanzaki SS Chapter 3 complete.

Nuts is the magician who severed his arms without hesitation in this chatper.
Old 2011-09-06, 22:28   Link #13939
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Kanzaki SS Chapter 4 started.

I LOL'd when I read this.

Quote:
“Heh heh. I’ve gotten so many complaints by email that the company that manages the mail server is even worried about me. But don’t worry. I am glad to see that middle school Saten-chan’s English has been getting better bit by bit.”

“Hmm. That makes it sound like her English is still not perfect. What level is she at?”

The shop owner answered her question by reading the latest email verbatim.

“Fuck your asshole.”
Oh Saten, you never fail to amuse me, really.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-09-06, 22:35   Link #13940
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

There's a reason Saten is my favorite Railgun character.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen