AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-07-17, 15:15   Link #241
james0246

In other news, The Walking Dead tv series is drawing ever closer. Lots of stills and images from the first episode have been released. Can't wait to see this series (airing Oct. 31st on AMC) from Frank Darabont (Mist, Shawshank Redemption) and Michelle Maxwell MacLaren (Breaking Bad, The X-Files) based off the acclaimed comic series.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 15:48   Link #242
ZeKeR
Superbad

so:

incendiaries - not advisable since you cant tell when the little shits will die
go rambo style - if you want an early death, so be it
use TEH BIG GUNZ! - well?
Old 2010-07-17, 16:10   Link #243
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Also has anyone considered the possiblity of the zombies becoming smarter, if they are the I Am Legend kind what if they become smarter what shall we do then?
Never watched romeo's living dead series? In day of the dead, bub the zombie learned some tricks and remembered things from his past life and in land of the dead, big daddy learned how to use firearms. That is why, in case of an outbreak the numbers of infected should be reduced as soon as possible. Humans are weak in the first place, only in numbers we can survive, and the same applies to the infected.
Best thing to do is to get to a safe spot, get some binoculars out and start studying their weakness and traits, before attemping anything stupid. For instant, during the first phase nobody will know if the infection is transfered though bites, scratches or even just by breathing the same air, and if pulverise them with bullets, maybe more people will get infected.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 19:52   Link #244
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I'm not sure you'll find situations where you need to snipe zombies at those kind of extreme ranges. It's not like Zed has material that needs to be destroyed or has a ranged weapons (like regular rifles) you want to be able to outrange. Doesn't seem worth the weight of the rifle and ammo.
It'd be a prime weapon to have on the defence. I wouldn't even think of trying to cart a anti-material rifle around on offence.

I'd find one extremely useful where I live since there are vast open spaces between my farm and the neighbours. My Elite would be good for hitting heads for at least six hundred metres but only capable of harrassing fire past seven hundred metres and beyond.

Quote:
Plus unless you've gone through army sniper school(or a phenomenally good civillian long range shooter), there's really not much point in even attempting to fire at these kind of ranges.
Then you best leave the sniping up to me. ;o

And now somehow I feel that if World War Z ever happened, I'd be finding people at my place looking for protection... And I'll be damned if I'd ever share my firearms with them.

Go prepare for your own apocalypse!

I'm going to go clean my rifles now...

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."

Last edited by grylsyjaeger; 2010-07-17 at 23:45.
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 00:24   Link #245
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
It'd be a prime weapon to have on the defence. I wouldn't even think of trying to cart a anti-material rifle around on offence.

I'd find one extremely useful where I live since there are vast open spaces between my farm and the neighbours. My Elite would be good for hitting heads for at least six hundred metres but only capable of harrassing fire past seven hundred metres and beyond.

Then you best leave the sniping up to me. ;o

And now somehow I feel that if World War Z ever happened, I'd be finding people at my place looking for protection... And I'll be damned if I'd ever share my firearms with them.

Go prepare for your own apocalypse!

I'm going to go clean my rifles now...
well the double barrel shotgun is enough for a civvy..... also... i gots assorted household blades that can be turned into a melee weapon.... like the bolo and the kukri
Old 2010-07-18, 00:51   Link #246
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Oh yeah another thing that I forgot to mention bring a lot of DIY books and medical books, you will need them. Everyone isn't going to be a survivalist/weapons expert/doctor/medic and you probably won't have enough time to teach them everything they need to know so books will help build everyone's knowledge and if you find survivors you can use the books to help them so they aren't just a drain on resources.

Hardback if you can, they can also make good weapons.

Also has anyone considered the possiblity of the zombies becoming smarter, if they are the I Am Legend kind what if they become smarter what shall we do then?
Wait, you're saying we can't just rely on pills and first aid kits?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 01:26   Link #247
Lost Cause

How come nobodies mentioned the GE Mini Gun or AK-47?

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 01:32   Link #248
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
I call shotgun!

literally (long as the blood and tissue doesn't infect like a bite or deep cut would, all you'd need would be goggles and a mask) question though: pump-action or auto? I wouldn't think shotguns would be advisable, considering their loudness.

I'll get to it.

eventually.
Pump action. They're more reliable!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 02:05   Link #249
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
How come nobodies mentioned the GE Mini Gun or AK-47?
The GE Minigun really isn't cost effective unless you're battling a literal army of undead. That and I doubt you can actual wield one unmounted, unless you're a terminator.

Also the Kalashnikov isn't going to be common in developed Westernized countries like Japan. If you live in a 3rd world country like me it might actually be your weapon of choice.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 02:05   Link #250
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
lol I want a pipe bomb or a Molotov....

Anyway:

Defensive formation - large groups advised
traveling - small groups advised

Zombie Survival Test 1 2
Old 2010-07-18, 02:09   Link #251
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post

Anyway:

Zombie Survival Test 1 2
i wonder if your arm wont get tired by throwing those things.... anyway.... i call assault! an M4a1 with an UGL is fine for me.... and a suppressor too
Old 2010-07-18, 02:14   Link #252
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Pump action. They're more reliable!
Gun girl strikes again!

Why can't I find a nice Sheila who shares my passion for firearms over here...

I reckon I'll start looking into importing a Benelli M4 into Australia since Beretta are only offering the sporting or hunting lines directly over here not the military ones. See how much red tape I'll need to wade through.

Old 2010-07-18, 03:12   Link #253
Seitsuki
Onee!

I would actually have gone with a simple double barreled shotgun. The only thing that can compare with it in terms of reliability would be a revolver, and with enough training reloading can be done very fast. Having less ammo is actually a good thing in some cases as it forces you to stop firing for a while, and reaim therefore increasing your damage output. But when they're all around and closing, probably not the most comfortable weapon to have :/

The loadout I would have (and might even have if I scrape enough money together xD) is a semi-auto rifle (blowback not gas, keeping it clean and servicable will be enough of a bitch) with pistols as backup (revolver for reliability and semi-auto for the suppressor.) As ammunition will be a big issue and it's not like the average zombie is armored I'll try and stick with low calibers to increase carrying capacity. Of course the idea is to get in a group, all of whom preferably already have their own weapons (cos they sure aren't having mine.)
Old 2010-07-18, 03:51   Link #254
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:

Anyway:

Zombie Survival Test 1 2
Z+ I am awesome, who wants to survive with me?

I am taking weapon experts, medical experts, mechanics and hot ladies to repopulate the earth

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 04:05   Link #255
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:

Anyway:

Zombie Survival Test 1 2
My rating's C... *sob*
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 04:21   Link #256
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
My rating's C... *sob*
Z+ on the first one, A on the second.

Awesome.

Old 2010-07-18, 04:25   Link #257
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

I got Z+ on the first one too. I think that one's a joke.

Let's see, I need some weapons training, plus some mental fortification.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 06:48   Link #258
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Z+ for me lol. I guess it has got alot to do with knowledge on firearms and combat survival.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 07:21   Link #259
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Z+. Though for me it was general knowledge about them, general surroundings and what to do. Firearms was almost 0 lolz

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 07:23   Link #260
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

First Quiz.

B in physical ability, which I expect since I'm not exactly Mr. Universe.
C in mental ability which is surprising because I consider myself very well composed and reasonably intelligent.
D in Experience which is completely untrue as I have seen lots of Zombie movies and have played a lot of Zombie games.
F in Emotional which I guess is fine because I can numb myself to the shock to some extent.

Z+ in the final. lol.

Second Quiz.

C on physical activity. Meh.
B in Mental. It's because I seem to believe things differently when it comes to Zombies.
F in Experience. Apparently I know next to nothing about zombies which I contest.
B in Emotional. I guess that's fine.

C overall. Whatever man surviving the end of human civilization takes more than knowing how to kill zombies.

Going through the answers I scored high on medical knowledge (duh), dealing with people and logistics. I scored lowest on general zombie knowledge and close quarters physical ability. Which means I'm the designated team "Medic."
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, firearms, survive, zombies