AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2009-10-27, 23:41   Link #461
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

After watching ep3, I think this anime is really beginning to fire on all cylinders. It is what it is, and it does what it does. I haven't read the manga, so I don't know about story pacing, but as far as pacing withing the episode, the quick cuts and editing of voices, and the pacing of the humor, I like the rhythm. Funny stuff.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 23:46   Link #462
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
I didn't read the manga prior to the first two episodes and enjoyed these first two episodes a lot. I find nothing wrong with the pacing. It's the beginning. The jobs are easy. This is the kind of pace i expect for a beginning if it wants to go more into depth about the characters later on (which it does).
Yes, I am hoping for the same thing, Id hate for the show to brush over some of the major plot points as quickly as these episodes. I dont expect that to happen, but i am just anxious for the major jobs and plots to start. I really want this series to be good, since I love the manga and have been reading it for over a year now.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 02:21   Link #463
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I don't know about story pacing
Episode 3 was 4 chapters, that's half the arc done...ep4 will probably be the other half.

Quote:
the anime is a bit less violent in terms of showing blood
Yeah, censorship is always a letdown...then again, few anime let the blood run out of wounds, so I can't really complain about it.
Quote:
I dont recall any of that magic circle stuff in he manga, except when a circle was relevant to the magic.
Spoiler for manga!:
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 08:02   Link #464
Kakkou
Tch.

Ep3 was better than the last two, I liked it. Though...i-is it wrong that all I could think of after watching ep3 was how disappointed I am that they did not get Yukiji to return as Plue? I know this is a different studio after all but it just doesnt feel the same anymore =(. The "Pluuu~" sounds are no longer adorable... at least Plue's actions were still funny.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 10:25   Link #465
KK1412
JOEY! WHERE'S MY COFFEE!?

man we really need an individual section for this...in the Current Series area

discuss about the manga chapters

episodes...

pictures...

spoilers...for upcoming chapters etc....
KK1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 11:02   Link #466
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, it looks like the anime's not that famous yet...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 11:14   Link #467
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Less bitching, though.

I don't mind it in its current state.
Old 2009-10-28, 11:44   Link #468
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
After following the discussion in here for a bit i decided to give the first episode a try. To my surprise i absolutely loved the first episode the wackiness the humor everything sat well with me so i will for sure start following the series from now on.
Old 2009-10-28, 11:52   Link #469
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

hmm i wonder if they will atleast show how erza changes her armors
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 12:00   Link #470
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Less bitching, though.

I don't mind it in its current state.
Yeah i'm glad the silly Once Piece comparisons have stopped. We can just talk about Fairy Tail like we're supposed to do in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
After following the discussion in here for a bit i decided to give the first episode a try. To my surprise i absolutely loved the first episode the wackiness the humor everything sat well with me so i will for sure start following the series from now on.
What did you think of Happy?
Old 2009-10-28, 12:04   Link #471
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah i'm glad the silly Once Piece comparisons have stopped. We can just talk about Fairy Tail like we're supposed to do in this thread.

"Aye!"

Love it, absolutely.
Old 2009-10-28, 12:05   Link #472
Ravelt

I’m glad Plue say “puun” instead for “puee” as Rave anime. I Like his voice more than Rave anime, but sound maybe is a bit too low

Last edited by Ravelt; 2009-10-28 at 21:46.
Ravelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 13:46   Link #473
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post

Other than the fact that Happy is voiced by Kugimiya Rie (which is huge plus in its self) i kept thinking i want my own personal Happy complete with Rie's voice right now or at least a plushy if one becomes available. I can add it to my list along with black Seppeku bunny

I was actually going to PM you Shiroth to get your recommendation of Fairy Tail but after reading your comments i saw you were pretty content with it so i gave it a shot.
Old 2009-10-28, 13:57   Link #474
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I was actually going to PM you Shiroth to get your recommendation of Fairy Tail but after reading your comments i saw you were pretty content with it so i gave it a shot.

Yeah i'm loving this adaptation so far, and i'm glad you enjoyed it. We'll be in for one hell of a ride once the long arcs begin appearing.
Old 2009-10-28, 15:31   Link #475
Xburnout
Cake>Pie.

After watching episode 3 I'm now anticipating each release as much as I do, say, Darker than Black or Kateikyoushi Hitman.

<3 Plue.
Old 2009-10-28, 19:41   Link #476
Tiberium Wolf

Something not right. Although that other guy said transform, Natsu did eat his own flame. This didn't happen in the manga. Besides didn't Natsu say he wouldn't eat his own flame?
Old 2009-10-28, 21:17   Link #477
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Technically, that isn't his flame anymore. Kinda like solar energy.
Old 2009-10-29, 17:19   Link #478
Avira
fanart-fan :D

Just watched the first three episodes and I gotta say I'm hooked. Lucy's funny and cute, Natsu as well and Happy is...bareable.
It's definitly different than the other anime I watch (Umineko, DTB, Hellsing etc) so I'm going to give it a chance
Old 2009-10-29, 18:28   Link #479
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Something not right. Although that other guy said transform, Natsu did eat his own flame. This didn't happen in the manga. Besides didn't Natsu say he wouldn't eat his own flame?
I'm guessing that technically is not Natsu's flame, since the fry pan intensified that flame (however it did it....), produced more flame and tossed it right back at Natsu.

haha, I'm interested now. What if Natsu fights a water wizard, if there is one. Can't wait to see him fight some harder opponents.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 22:19   Link #480
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Well, really, he can eat his flame, but in the manga he likened it to eating his own poop. Ofcourse, the frying pan took it out of his control so you could say it recycled it.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen